Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

At last, a way to find someone to celebrate anniversary naps with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

swampland posted:

Some people get really angry really quick about cheese

Actually this owns and I'd definitely be friends with red.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah that was pretty restrained after being called "sweet pea" so condescendingly.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah that was pretty restrained after being called "sweet pea" so condescendingly.

That would probably earn you a small beating if said in real life, to the person's face, unless you were a literal Saint or had incredible self restraint.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Judge Tesla posted:

That would probably earn you a small beating if said in real life, to the person's face, unless you were a literal Saint or had incredible self restraint.

If an act of terrorism is perpetrated by the cult of death, liberals immediately come to the defense of the entire cult, saying we can't judge them all by the acts of a few. But, someone shoots up a planned parenthood, like piranhas, they blame every conservative white there is and immediately call for gun control. (You do realize, don't you, liberals, that assault weapons are banned in France? Yet, terrorists were able to not only have them IN France, but, use them in an act of terror? But, you think banning them here will make a difference... and you can't see the stupidity of that thought process?)

We have entire generations of people who are offended by drat near everything, One guy doesn't like a t-shirt someone wears to work and that guy can't wear that t-shirt ever again or face getting fired. Doesn't matter that only ONE person is offended by it. He threatens to sue and bam, we cater to him. Just because you're offended doesn't make you right. And you SHOULDN'T be catered to. You continually make things worse by not just saying 'get hold of your emotions, Bob. If you don't like his t-shirt, don't look at it.' Why is this such a hard concept for you liberals? Oh, right, you have to have your way. Like toddlers. Or you'll throw a tantrum. Brilliant. But, if a man wants to be a woman or the cult of death wants to pray in school, you fools will fall all over yourselves to promote their individuality and it makes no difference if hundreds of people are offended by it. That's the only time you WON'T cater to the masses.

It has gotten to be so ridiculous that if a white conservative told you the sky was blue, you'd call him a green racist, demand an investigation and if it was proven the sky was blue, you'd claim they lied, be offended and sue.

And none of you can see the hypocrisy of your ideologies. You people are going to be the ruination of every free country in the world.

But, yeah, all white conservatives are the problem. @@

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How can you be that loving dense? Motherfucker rivals a black hole.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Canadians are very upset about refugees :downs:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

diabeetz posted:

Canadians

The guy had no political party affiliation,.he also was a member of the gay community and was registered to vote under a woman's name. He was a tranny and no victims were patients or employees of the abortion clinic.

diabeetz posted:

are very upset

when did we become a "feeling" based society? Everyone is different and has different "feelings" about everything. This is when you are suppose to be an Adult and accept that we all are different, not freak the hell out because YOUR feelings are hurt. Well you hurt the other person by not liking the "shirt" of whatever it is you FEEL is wrong...OMG.. lets stop this insanity ....

diabeetz posted:

about refugees

Its a sickness. Just like extra background checks for guns... but no background check for refugees.

The thing is, logic doesn't work with liberals. You can't argue with them or even have a discussion with them. It only falls on deaf ears. It's like talking to a wall. #LiberalismIsAMentalDisease

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Did you seriously put a hashtag in your forum post?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Back off, man. LoB is a saint.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Easy Tiger, Just a comment around the mental disorder known as (modern day) ``liberalism.``

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Wilford Cutlery posted:

His thing is quotes without quote tags, nothing he says is from him.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Je suis fatigue posted:

His thing is quotes without quote tags, nothing he says is from him.

And it's the loving best. LoB posts some gems

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I sometimes post heartwarming links about people doing good things for refugees and I get a couple people rant about "WHY NOT HELP HOMELESS" so I just respond with links to all the resources, strategies, and programs there are to help the homeless. Because we are and it's often extremely successful. They just don't seem to understand that it's not an overnight fix and a bunch more money won't do poo poo to solve the actual issues that lead to homelessness and poverty.

If they keep at it I'll just respond with "Homelessness is the result of rampant capitalism and the only way to eradicate it is through full communism. So let's get started, comrade"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Knormal posted:

At last, a way to find someone to celebrate anniversary naps with!
Have sex, eat together, celebrate anniversary, no kissing, do not talk to me.

Boywhiz88 posted:

And it's the loving best needlessly confusing. LoB posts some gems
FTFY.

RikkiTikkiTavi
Aug 24, 2008

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Carrie Fisher talks about how hollywood has not changed its stance on making actors conform to beauty standards, and talks about how she was told she needed to lose weight to play Leia again. I think its pretty understandable to be annoyed at how the industry dictates what your body should look like. Naturally, the people in the comments don't see it the same way and start ripping her apart for having an opinion.
http://www.people.com/article/carrie-fisher-weight-loss-star-wars?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

So Carrie Fisher talks about how hollywood has not changed its stance on making actors conform to beauty standards, and talks about how she was told she needed to lose weight to play Leia again. I think its pretty understandable to be annoyed at how the industry dictates what your body should look like. Naturally, the people in the comments don't see it the same way and start ripping her apart for having an opinion.
http://www.people.com/article/carrie-fisher-weight-loss-star-wars?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Wasn't it Carrie Fisher that had a really bad amphetamine problem because she was being pressured so much to stay thin?

e: I was thinking of Grace Lee Whitney from the original Star Trek, it was a coke problem that Carrie Fisher had

e2: not that she's wrong here, though

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Dec 2, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I would have thought she'd be in a position to go "gently caress off, you're lucky I even agreed to be in the movie." What are they going to do, cut her from the script and risk having it come out later that she's not in the film because they thought she was too fat?

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

diabeetz posted:

Good job, London! Why am I totally not surprised?

My hometown is so hosed up sometimes. :(

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Tiggum posted:

I would have thought she'd be in a position to go "gently caress off, you're lucky I even agreed to be in the movie." What are they going to do, cut her from the script and risk having it come out later that she's not in the film because they thought she was too fat?

It's not like her career has been great lately. She could probably use a few (million) extra bucks.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

diabeetz posted:

Uh huh refugees, homeless, elderly, Nazis, poor--

Wait what?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Carrie Fisher has been looking pretty rough this last decade. Maybe she's been happy in that body, but she was more cat-lady than princess.

Mark Hamil had to do poo poo to get in movie shape too. Of all the commercial tie-ins, I'm surprised Spanks doesn't have a Star Wars ad because I'm sure everybody from the original trilogy is absolutely covered in them.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Takoluka posted:

I think it's more than Blue is doing the tumblr equivalent of "friendly reminder" to be a condescending shitlord, and Red went on the war path. Luckily, most of that last thing was c/p, so there's that.

I'd like to think the very end of a boring article on the subject of rennet was punctuated by a solid "SO gently caress OFF".

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Aforgomon posted:

When standards conflict with desires.
Heh, that girl is me in e/n threads started by guys complaining about how they can't get sex or girlfriends. I've offered at least twice to be some guy's girlfriend (while clarifying that I'm neither attractive nor nice and will never actually touch them) and they never answer. I can't wait to do that in real life where the guy can't ignore it.

Back to Ireland I hope.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Releasing leaders of our enemy from Gitmo and allowing them to return to the middle east to continue killing and terrorizing should be enough.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Really? All he ever posts are far right wing screeds/long schizophrenic rants that are barely even connected to anything else being talked about in the thread. I know it's him posting within the first few words, even without seeing his av.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm glad PYF is the kind of place where "doesn't attribute quotes" is in and of itself a gimmick, one worthy of probation apparently.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
I've never actually put someone on ignore before but I'm gonna do it with him because he's honestly irritating the poo poo out of me.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Miranda posted:

I've never actually put someone on ignore before but I'm gonna do it with him because he's honestly irritating the poo poo out of me.

Hah, weird, I literally did the exact same thing. I used to be able to just scroll past them when he would do a couple every few pages, but he's really filling up the thread now.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Krispy Kareem posted:

Carrie Fisher has been looking pretty rough this last decade. Maybe she's been happy in that body, but she was more cat-lady than princess.

Mark Hamil had to do poo poo to get in movie shape too. Of all the commercial tie-ins, I'm surprised Spanks doesn't have a Star Wars ad because I'm sure everybody from the original trilogy is absolutely covered in them.

They're all old as gently caress, so what do you expect? Staying in shape is one of those things that get harder with age.

Telling actors to lose weight isn't new, but I'm sure Hamil hadn't heard it nearly as much as Fisher did during their acting careers. She has a right to speak up; pointing out that the other actors had to do the same thing doesn't deligitimize her statement.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Intoluene posted:

Pretty fat, actually but yeah, I can close my legs without crushing my balls. It's just not particularly comfortable. For content, this kinda poo poo sems to show up on my facebook feed a lot.

Same, but with the icing on the cake that the worst offender on my feed works at a place that produces Halal accredited goods.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

trickybiscuits posted:

Heh, that girl is me in e/n threads started by guys complaining about how they can't get sex or girlfriends. I've offered at least twice to be some guy's girlfriend (while clarifying that I'm neither attractive nor nice and will never actually touch them) and they never answer. I can't wait to do that in real life where the guy can't ignore it.

lol wtf

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits posted:

Lottery of Babylon's shtick is already taken, sorry.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

trickybiscuits posted:

This is not normal behaviour

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

Heh, that girl is me in e/n threads started by guys complaining about how they can't get sex or girlfriends. I've offered at least twice to be some guy's girlfriend (while clarifying that I'm neither attractive nor nice and will never actually touch them) and they never answer.
One of us is very confused about the definition of the word "girlfriend". I'm pretty sure even the most hardcore "no sex before marriage" religious types are still allowed to hold hands.

Practical Demon posted:

Really? All he ever posts are far right wing screeds/long schizophrenic rants that are barely even connected to anything else being talked about in the thread. I know it's him posting within the first few words, even without seeing his av.
Once you know that's what he's doing it's fairly obvious, but it's still less clear than using quote tags, still completely unnecessary, and to someone who doesn't know the gimmick it just looks like he's an arsehole nutcase.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

DicktheCat posted:

They're all old as gently caress, so what do you expect? Staying in shape is one of those things that get harder with age.

Telling actors to lose weight isn't new, but I'm sure Hamil hadn't heard it nearly as much as Fisher did during their acting careers. She has a right to speak up; pointing out that the other actors had to do the same thing doesn't deligitimize her statement.

Plus, when they tell Mark Hamill to get in shape, they mean because his character needs to look like he's capable of the physical action the part calls for. When they said it to Carrie Fisher when she was younger, it's because the producers wanted her to be sexually attractive. When they say it to her now, it's because they think out of shape older women are gross. Her character is a career politician, there's no reason she needs to be in shape other than aesthetics.

Tiggum posted:

Once you know that's what he's doing it's fairly obvious, but it's still less clear than using quote tags, still completely unnecessary, and to someone who doesn't know the gimmick it just looks like he's an arsehole nutcase.

People over-reacting and asking if the non-sequitur rants are serious is part of the joke, though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Practical Demon posted:

Plus, when they tell Mark Hamill to get in shape, they mean because his character needs to look like he's capable of the physical action the part calls for. When they said it to Carrie Fisher when she was younger, it's because the producers wanted her to be sexually attractive. When they say it to her now, it's because they think out of shape older women are gross. Her character is a career politician, there's no reason she needs to be in shape other than aesthetics.

For example: Hilary Clinton.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Has since been deleted from her account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: are we on the way back to hieroglyphs?