Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not scurrying anywhere, we have a claimed 3p and we are more likely to hit town right now if we lynch anyone but jake, statistically, we need to lynch Jake.

Statistically speaking we're also gonna all die all day so why try to hit scum when it's all in a futile attempt to escape our fear of death and the oppresion of the bourgeoisie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not scurrying anywhere, we have a claimed 3p and we are more likely to hit town right now if we lynch anyone but jake, statistically, we need to lynch Jake.

I think we've had a miscommunication

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i think lynching scum would be ideal imho if you really think about it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
imho

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

HiipFire posted:

rude ##doubledown CPig

I don't know hiip. The strangest thing is his voting 2nd on Jake after the survivor claim. It was straight policy and ignored anything that followed. His Ecco opinions seem sound and honest and my meta of pig would place him as town here. Looking over Tommunist again still like my case and feel like he was trying to build to a vote on Kash since it doesn't seem like a natural opinion.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
We should lynch tommunist

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Statistically speaking Tommunist is 100% scum 90% of the time, we pretty much have no choice but to lynch him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I took statistics 2 twice, you can count on my numbers

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Pig literally only said that he thought ecco wasn't scum this game, I can't really get much of a read at all from that

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So at least me and hiip will be gone super soon. Tommunist said he won't come back and I think Ecco said the same thing. A Hammer would require the Jake voters to move to tommunist and/or kash. Or, and which is more likely having Kash, Asiina, and/or Opop (or Jake I guess) vote Jake. Kash will. Is asiina around or willing? Or Opop?

I ask only because I don't want a no-execution because I fell asleep. I hate when that happens.

Still do re-consider moving to Tommunist! I mean ok it's lovely since he isn't around to defend himself now that I think about it but still. What would scum have to say that we'd want to consider?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There seem to be four people who aren't going to move from JakeP: Me, CPig, Keane and Taste. There are two people who aren't going to be around for the deadline: Tomm and Ecco. That makes 6 out of the 13 players who aren't moving their votes.

So it's possible that that someone else could be lynched, but it's highly unlikely.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Still do re-consider moving to Tommunist! I mean ok it's lovely since he isn't around to defend himself now that I think about it but still. What would scum have to say that we'd want to consider?

Wow this is a loaded statement.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

HiipFire posted:

Pig literally only said that he thought ecco wasn't scum this game, I can't really get much of a read at all from that

I'm looking at the way it was said. It feels like he thought about it, scum wouldn't have to think about it since they already know, and he could just say gut feeling. But there's reasonable thought behind his idea. Also try as I'd like his vote patterns aren't super weird. He starts the joke-turbo so it doesn't seem that opportunistic and his vote Jake is super policy but he gets on early not knowing that'd pick up momentum either.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah thats fine i guess 100

I'm still not 100% sold on this tomm case rn let me reread em

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I kinda wanna vote 100 after that statement I highlighted

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean not today obviously because that would be a waste, but tomorrow!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote Tommunist

I guess I was just giving him too much credit on that weird leap of logic this is fine

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

HiipFire posted:

Statistically speaking we're also gonna all die all day so why try to hit scum when it's all in a futile attempt to escape our fear of death and the oppresion of the bourgeoisie

Man I told you not to take that philosophy 101 class

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Could you walk me through what makes it loaded?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll vote either Jake or Tommunist since I think they're both but have a strong preference for Jake and am keeping my vote there for now. I'll switch to avoid a no-lynch if need be.

To me the case on Jake (specifically over Tomm) is

- Tomm is either town or scum, Jake is either 3P or scum
- If Tomm isn't scum, he could be a town PR and mislynching him would be a Strong Misplay
- If Jake isn't scum, we still take out someone who might help scum out down the road
- "college dropout" sounds like a scum role more than a survivor role in a college-flavored game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This right here. It's like "wow golly sure is lame he won't be around but he's 100% scum so who cares right?" It's very leading and trying to make it sound like the tomm case is open and shut and that puts me on edge.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

This right here. It's like "wow golly sure is lame he won't be around but he's 100% scum so who cares right?" It's very leading and trying to make it sound like the tomm case is open and shut and that puts me on edge.

I actually agree with this point fwiw. Based on other peoples' posts I'm feeling like Tomm is town that scum identified as the easiest person to scapegoat.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Im gonna go sleep i think

also my hands smell like onions and its loving weird

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I was trying to be flippantly humorous but that's fair. I'm not the funniest of people.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'll vote either Jake or Tommunist since I think they're both but have a strong preference for Jake and am keeping my vote there for now. I'll switch to avoid a no-lynch if need be.

To me the case on Jake (specifically over Tomm) is

- Tomm is either town or scum, Jake is either 3P or scum
- If Tomm isn't scum, he could be a town PR and mislynching him would be a Strong Misplay
- If Jake isn't scum, we still take out someone who might help scum out down the road
- "college dropout" sounds like a scum role more than a survivor role in a college-flavored game

Honestly you Jake voters have good reason to vote him. Only thing I can say is that we can take care of Jake at any time since he's a (well-enough) known entity.

The main thing I have against my case is that Tommunist isn't here to clear anything up. I'd feel awful if he was a power role and we just killed him. It's very reasonable argument to make.

Yet ultimately I like standing by my own cases when I can and I do stand by this case.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

HiipFire posted:

Im gonna go sleep i think

also my hands smell like onions and its loving weird

Did you cut onions? It usually sticks if you do.

Also so what's the final count on that numbers run? Are there enough people to avoid a no-execution one way or the other? I should go to bed, but feeling responsibility here is gonna make that bit tough.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Did you cut onions? It usually sticks if you do.

Also so what's the final count on that numbers run? Are there enough people to avoid a no-execution one way or the other? I should go to bed, but feeling responsibility here is gonna make that bit tough.

its cool we got this, good night!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I forgot the smell sticks around for so long since I made dinner like 8 hours ago

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Honestly you Jake voters have good reason to vote him. Only thing I can say is that we can take care of Jake at any time since he's a (well-enough) known entity.

I feel like it's as open-and-shut as they come yet we don't seem to be able to pull it off. How potentially losing two town will make it any easier D2?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like it's as open-and-shut as they come yet we don't seem to be able to pull it off. How potentially losing two town will make it any easier D2?

Makes the chance of hitting scum statistically higher

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The main thing I have against my case is that Tommunist isn't here to clear anything up. I'd feel awful if he was a power role and we just killed him. It's very reasonable argument to make.

Yet ultimately I like standing by my own cases when I can and I do stand by this case.

Explain to me again the part where you'd feel awful taking out a town PR but refuse to switch your vote to someone who is, at best, slightly worse than VT?

Right now my money is on a Jake/100 scumteam.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry for the late deadline guys. It'll be earlier next time. If I fall asleep before hammer please be patient. I'll be up bright and early to post the flip!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

i think lynching scum would be ideal imho if you really think about it

Ok so who is definitely 100% scum then? because yes that would be ideal.

You know as well as I that you can't say with 100% accuracy that you have found scum.

In the absence of a sure fire scum hit, the survivor is the next logical conclusion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can we please just lynch JakeP?

Nobody else is viable at this point since Ecco and Tomm aren't going to be here and are voting Kash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote jake sorry bud

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope Asiina or Opop comes in and hammers since Ecco and Tomm aren't going to be here and I think 100 years and Hiip are now gone too.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I really hope Asiina or Opop comes in and hammers since Ecco and Tomm aren't going to be here and I think 100 years and Hiip are now gone too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it bothers me that 100 said they would switch and didn't. Or at least implied they would

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

it bothers me that 100 said they would switch and didn't. Or at least implied they would

I was thinking the same thing. Also that Hiip just flat out refused to vote for a claimed 3P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm here! Good thing for getting antsy and drinking too much water before bed.

##vote JakeP

• Locked thread