Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah if he is just talk about Spurging then yeah we can go just as hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I mean absolutely everything I say even when I'm shitposting or outright lying.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm pretty sure we were being pretty unironic last year when we got into a 10 page argument/derail over whether or not Westernization in EUIV was Eurocentric and how to more realistically depict technological progress, and nearly got moved to D&D!

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

pdxjohan posted:

Thank you. I've not done much on Stellaris, as its Doomdarks creation, but the techsystem and sector-mechanics ai can take credit for..

So the truth finally comes out! Paradox is the first to develop an AI that can program, and you waste it on video games. ...You should probably give it another look over though, given it was happy to make CK's AI happy to castrate and blind everyone. :tinfoil:

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Bel Monte posted:

So the truth finally comes out! Paradox is the first to develop an AI that can program, and you waste it on video games. ...You should probably give it another look over though, given it was happy to make CK's AI happy to castrate and blind everyone. :tinfoil:

I for one welcome our new overlords.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

But I swear the most blood boiling part about research was getting that "Project Over-budget" alert. After getting that 2 or 3 times in a row it makes you wish you could shove some people out an airlock just for the calming effect it would have. I hope that's an option in Stellaris for poor performing agents; have "Dismiss" be a euphemism for "spaced".

This was because the game displayed research in a particularly dumb fashion. You had a percentage change to get a tech you were researching, based on how far above the 50% it displayed on your research progress, so at 100% research you only had a 50% chance of getting the tech, leading to going over-budget on roughly half of your research. You weren't guaranteed to get a technology until you'd reached 150%.

I loved SoTS1, but it was a bit silly in places.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Having a chance for a breakthrough via cosmic anomalies or the like sounds like it could be interesting tough.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I just hope those anomalies aren't like goody huts in civ, those could break games fast.

Or make the techs you get zero sum, kinda. Great you explored the Warp Hole and can now build Warp Hole Drives for your ships, but now every turn during battle you have a chance to attract evil clones from the Antiverse or whatever.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Home>Forums>Private Forums (PDS)>Hearts of Iron IV - Beta Forum>Please add "NATO counters" for Militia and Garrison

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psychotic Weasel posted:

But I swear the most blood boiling part about research was getting that "Project Over-budget" alert. After getting that 2 or 3 times in a row it makes you wish you could shove some people out an airlock just for the calming effect it would have. I hope that's an option in Stellaris for poor performing agents; have "Dismiss" be a euphemism for "spaced".

the best part was playing as the Humans and seeing your researchers stealing cases full of money off your budgett while having "no idea" why they need more funds

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Mans posted:

the best part was playing as the Humans and seeing your researchers stealing cases full of money off your budgett while having "no idea" why they need more funds

I think the Hiver researchers were funnier, personally.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
First Contact was never the same after they first translated the Anarchist's Cookbook.

Or well I guess in the Hiver's Case, Second Contact.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The Real Foogla posted:

I just hope those anomalies aren't like goody huts in civ, those could break games fast.

An earlier dev diary talked about them, they'll initiate an event chain when researched that can lead to success, failure, or catastrophic failure.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

YF-23 posted:

An earlier dev diary talked about them, they'll initiate an event chain when researched that can lead to success, failure, or catastrophic failure.

Scouts Anomaly, hopes getting a boost on construction II, alternatively activating sleeping AI god who enslaves humanity.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/Heartsofiron/photos/a.10150939420693499.408068.157739003498/10153273841108499/?type=3&theater

HoI streams coming tomorrow, if you're that type of dude.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

You know what would be cool to go with the tech deck? Inventions. Victoria style. Tech's give a preset advantage, it can then randomly roll you additional benefits (or disasters) later on as inventions with certain pre-requisites in place. Paradox, I accept DLC royalties through paypal.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

You know what would be cool to go with the tech deck? Inventions. Victoria style. Tech's give a preset advantage, it can then randomly roll you additional benefits (or disasters) later on as inventions with certain pre-requisites in place. Paradox, I accept DLC royalties through paypal.

Thing is the random nature of the techs pretty much uses most of the invention systems modifiers (government type/ideas) anyway.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

I recommend booking that time every week until release ;)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

pdxjohan posted:

Add unique focus to Brazil, Poland, Hungary and Yugoslavia to HoI 4 immediately for the love of christo

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Hungary's focus needs to be The Horthy Doctrine and its just all about navies.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

pdxjohan posted:

+1

I should be allowed to do my Mongolian horde of a million cavalry men sometime again but on stream.

Genghis Khan and his descendants are the true masters of earth!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

pdxjohan posted:

Do you guys post them on youtube later after recording them? I'm also watching the Yogscast Christmas livestream a bit this is literally the only time of year I ever watch anything like that.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

pdxjohan posted:

Ugggh please tell me you're archiving these and uploading to Youtube (or just leaving them as VODs on the Twitch page even). I'm still at work at 14:30 CET and won't be able to watch properly.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Do you guys post them on youtube later after recording them? I'm also watching the Yogscast Christmas livestream a bit this is literally the only time of year I ever watch anything like that.

Drone posted:

Ugggh please tell me you're archiving these and uploading to Youtube (or just leaving them as VODs on the Twitch page even). I'm still at work at 14:30 CET and won't be able to watch properly.

I guess I can't absolutely guarantee it but I don't see why they would break from the tradition of uploading them to ParadoxExtra on Youtube or leaving their VODs free to watch on Twitch as they currently do

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Twitch chat posted:

FrogmiteTV: @ParadoxInteractive, will there be choices for Germany involving the Holocaust (managing trains and stuff)

Welp.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know if it is due to the stream quality or what but something about the font used in the game bugs me. It is sort of hard to read in a way I can't really describe.

Besides that the game sure looks pretty.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Goetta posted:

I don't know if it is due to the stream quality or what but something about the font used in the game bugs me. It is sort of hard to read in a way I can't really describe.

Besides that the game sure looks pretty.

Seems fine to me. They're just going so fast I have trouble reading stuff. And yeah, the game's loving beautiful.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo TROTSKY'S LEADING THE USSR AND HE SHAVED

Kavak fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 2, 2015

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kavak posted:

:ssj:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It's the evil alternate universe from Star Trek where all the good guys have goatees and all the bad guys don't.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Kavak posted:

HOLY poo poo TROTSKY'S LEADING THE USSR

Preordered

Kavak posted:

AND HE SHAVED

Preorder cancelled

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Kavak posted:

Seems fine to me. They're just going so fast I have trouble reading stuff. And yeah, the game's loving beautiful.

Sounds like someone brought a razor instead of an ice pick.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kavak posted:

Was he bald too? Paradox better follow the Bald–hairy Rule.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Was he bald too? Paradox better follow the Bald–hairy Rule.

Everyone knows that in Star Trek Deep Space Nine, bald goatee Sisko was far better than hairy clean-shaven Sisko. :colbert:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Franco looks so dreamy :eyepop:

where is salazar Paradox??

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
edit: nvm

Scrree fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 2, 2015

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DrSunshine posted:

Everyone knows that in Star Trek Deep Space Nine, bald goatee Sisko was far better than hairy clean-shaven Sisko. :colbert:
This is a serious matter of Russian political history, not space fantasies.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Hearts of Iron 4 looks like a blast to play. I particularly liked how nobody had to spend an hour unfucking their "order of battle" before they could start having any fun.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
loving casuals

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Gort posted:

Hearts of Iron 4 looks like a blast to play. I particularly liked how nobody had to spend an hour unfucking their "order of battle" before they could start having any fun.

Yeah, it looked pretty smooth. The mics need to get boosted next time because I couldn't hear a god drat thing without really cranking the volume, but it was interesting to see.

It also shows that Foci have other elements that need to be unlocked, so stuff like aligning with countries via the tree still needs footwork/involvement of the other side. So that question a few pages back gets answered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I liked the

"I converted all my divisions to motorised ones!"

"What, all of them?!"

"Yeah, they'll be ready by the turn of the century"

exchange.