Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
F1 is poo poo. I hope I give enough of a poo poo next season to watch and :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:agreed:

All the teams are poo poo, all the drivers are poo poo, management is poo poo.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Yet here we are. I enjoy it. It's messed up and full of frauds but I'll keep watching.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

1500quidporsche posted:

Also rumors are that Red Bull are going to brand their engine Nissan which makes complete sense as Infiniti terminated as a title sponsor.

they had better fuckign not. nissans my boy and redbulls poison

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Next year will see the rise of the glorious scud

Our Seb will win the WDC, Kimi will repeatedly gently caress up and cost them the constructors title and Arrivabene will still go on about how great he is but just unlucky all season long.

Lewis started his shame spiral into alcoholism three races ago when he listened to his completed album and realised it was poo poo.

That lotus Renault deal will be announced any day soon

McHonda will be a solid midfield team, unfortunatly so will manor and haas so they will come dead last.

Highlight of the year will be the sky montage of the Italians and French trying to say haas.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Dec 2, 2015

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Let's not forget Lewis Hammy is a complete fraud who got beaten by his superior racer teammate Nico Rosberg in the last 3 races.

They are both poo poo drivers.

Also its funny how all the buttsalty Aussies in this thread have gone quiet about their new shithouse driver getting beat by a twelve year old spastic Russian kid.

Vettel is the best.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

GramCracker posted:

This sounds ridiculous, but go watch Lewis' snap chat story...he's utterly poo poo housed :guinness:

Lewis has this massive #megajet and he uses it to fly him and his only friend.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I will always love are Dan. No homo.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

track day bro! posted:

Also its funny how all the buttsalty Aussies in this thread have gone quiet about their new shithouse driver getting beat by a twelve year old spastic Russian kid.

Webber finally won something though

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Diet Crack posted:

Webber finally won something though

It was like watching someone's embarrassing uncle celebrate like he had won the World Cup because he beat a load of six year olds at football.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

track day bro! posted:

No matter your nationality, who gives a gently caress about red bull?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

There were 2 R390s and I think both are in a Nissan Storage Warehouse.

One is at the Heritage Garage in Zama, the other is apparently in private ownership.

WEC is the best series in the world, but the most entertainment can be found in the drama surrounding Formula 1.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

harperdc posted:

WEC is the best series in the world, but the most entertainment can be found in the drama surrounding Formula 1.

I think you are getting WEC confused with Formula E aka the best racing series ever invented, and somehow missing from the OP.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Formula-AI is gonna own bones

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If they dont end up in a big stalled bunch at the first corner and then spend an hour slowly untangling themselves I will be highly disappointed.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

AI drivers are already extremely advanced

https://vine.co/v/iaUKDpegYjF

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol. Toto is setting the drivers up to take the fall when they start getting whomped by Ferrari and is saying one of them is going to get shitcanned if they don't start getting along both in public and private. Sounds like it's us vs them behind the scenes and anyone who knows Germans know that they really really don't like it and get all scared confused it if zee machine does not run exactly like clockwork.

Lewis, it will be Lewis who gets canned. Rosberg may be poo poo but he does far more of the development and hasn't turned up to the last three races hungover or drunk post over the Internet with American rappers.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-driver-tension-may-force-line-up-change/

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Lol. Toto is setting the drivers up to take the fall when they start getting whomped by Ferrari and is saying one of them is going to get shitcanned if they don't start getting along both in public and private. Sounds like it's us vs them behind the scenes and anyone who knows Germans know that they really really don't like it and get all scared confused it if zee machine does not run exactly like clockwork.

Lewis, it will be Lewis who gets canned. Rosberg may be poo poo but he does far more of the development and hasn't turned up to the last three races hungover or drunk post over the Internet with American rappers.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-driver-tension-may-force-line-up-change/

As much as I dont like Lewis would be mental to think that someone like Rosberg could lead a team, especialy if any of the other teams manage to catch up with them. Also is there any truth to that development thing anywhere?

If Hamilton gets canned you know theyd be looking for another actual good driver like Alonsos Ghost to replace him anyway.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Alain Post posted:

Also please don't say WEC has "great cars and drivers" when it includes Mark Webber.
It includes Mark Webber, and the other 40 guys who are not even as good as Mark Webber. Definitely the future of racing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No way Alonso, they would want a "team player" above anyone else, I would say safe is what they want and say what you want about Nico he's not the one to loose his head and royally gently caress up, his gently caress ups have been to let the guy in the other paddy's magical supercar get past. Bottas being a fin bot would be an option, certainly someone young. Max has been earmarked by Ferrari, not-max is too fiery. They may be waiting to see how the rookies coming in this year do - don't they have one of their young stars in a manor in 2016?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

learnincurve posted:

They may be waiting to see how the rookies coming in this year do - don't they have one of their young stars in a manor in 2016?

Pascal Wehrlein, but turns out the deal between Manor and Merc didn't explicitly give him a seat. Rumor is its one of the reasons for the fall out at Manor in that they were going to get free engines just for 1 drivers seat.The other Manor seat is probably going to Jordan King - the son of the part owner of the team, he could be good enough for F1 as he has results better than most F1 pay drivers have had, but if hes racing against Pascal hes likely to be trounced.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

No way Alonso, they would want a "team player" above anyone else, I would say safe is what they want and say what you want about Nico he's not the one to loose his head and royally gently caress up, his gently caress ups have been to let the guy in the other paddy's magical supercar get past. Bottas being a fin bot would be an option, certainly someone young. Max has been earmarked by Ferrari, not-max is too fiery. They may be waiting to see how the rookies coming in this year do - don't they have one of their young stars in a manor in 2016?

I cant think of a single 'Team Player' that has won a wdc. Also cant think of a single memorable thing that Bottas has done apart from have a feud with an even shitter Finn.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dropping Hamilton is a horrible idea.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
When I say "team player" I mean it like "That Rubens, you can say one thing for him, he was an awesome team player."

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Human Grand Prix posted:

Especially given Hamiltons contract runs till 2020, while Rosbergs reportedly ends next year. Wonder which driver they would get rid of?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Hamilton to replace Kimi at the Scud in 2017, you heard it here first.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Hamilton won his championship beating out heavyweights like Felipe Massa and Nico Rosberg in competitive cars.

Mercedes are genuinely screwed if Ferrari get their poo poo together.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ukle posted:

Pascal Wehrlein, but turns out the deal between Manor and Merc didn't explicitly give him a seat. Rumor is its one of the reasons for the fall out at Manor in that they were going to get free engines just for 1 drivers seat.The other Manor seat is probably going to Jordan King - the son of the part owner of the team, he could be good enough for F1 as he has results better than most F1 pay drivers have had, but if hes racing against Pascal hes likely to be trounced.

Jordan's ok, solid. Like any number of non-champion GP2 graduates (bear in mind he's only had 1 season there). He's probably on the Ericsson, Nasr, Van der Garde level. Basically anyone who's been hosed over by Sauber.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
GP2 THREAD!!! GP2 THREAD!!!!!!

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

1500quidporsche posted:

Hamilton won his championship beating out heavyweights like Felipe Massa and Nico Rosberg in competitive cars.

Mercedes are genuinely screwed if Ferrari get their poo poo together.

Ferrari had their poo poo together this year and he still beat them as well. If Kimi can get onto the podium three times and Vettel win three times then it's the 2nd best car on the grid.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

It's time for Eddie Irvine to make a comeback

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

Get rid of zee Germans, bring in Jenson and Martin Whitmarsh and let's pick up where McLaren 2012 left off.

With special guest Ross Brawn

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Ferrari had their poo poo together this year and he still beat them as well. If Kimi can get onto the podium three times and Vettel win three times then it's the 2nd best car on the grid.

bahaha no they didn't, Kimi got there by running everyone else off the track or simply destroying their cars

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Just bought the limited edition JA on F1 2015 Season Review.

It'll be interesting cause I'll admit now I did not watch a single race at all this season. I wonder how it unfolded.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Foxtrot_13 posted:

That's precisely it. They were a clear second best. If Ferrari produces a car that can keep pace with Mercedes then the WDC will almost certainly go to Vettel.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

1500quidporsche posted:

Mclaren's Waterloo was throwing out their 2012 car for a cleansheet design in 2013. They really lost the plot there and haven't made a good car since.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/12/ron-dennis-mclaren-should-have-reverted-to-2012-car-at-the-start-of-2013-formula-1-season/

Put me in the Team Prinicipal seat Ron. I'm ready.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Just bought the limited edition JA on F1 2015 Season Review.

It'll be interesting cause I'll admit now I did not watch a single race at all this season. I wonder how it unfolded.

Mercedes won all of the time.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not sure someone understands that going from one point five seconds per lap off the mercs to point five seconds per lap off the mercs is no different to being thirty seconds per lap off the mercs. You are still not going to be able to catch them in clean air, it just means they managed to close the gap with the relatively small amount of in season development that the stupid stupid engine token system would allow them and gives them a chance to overtake them during the break. .

This is Mercedes' problem, they pretty much have got all they can get out of their current car and engine, maybe they can get half a second more by tweaking the engine and fitting the S duct but that's it (Google "the law of diminishing returns") where as Ferrari only need to find one second to be at the front with them and they have new suspension and new not botched together because they needed to turn the gearbox the right way round in a hurry engine parts to fit .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
New thread and no Claire Williams jokes yet? Id post her a reply in this thread. If you know what I mean fellas :smug:

• Locked thread