Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Game isn't even out and Redditors are already whining about griefing in the broken vertical slice.

I'm the one roleplaying as a space insurance man.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The term "griefer" has lost all meaning to these people. Some of them consider the act of nonconsensual PvP to be griefing. "the bad man attacked me, please ban the griefer"

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It was 00000000.

I may be out a 0 or two. It was something like that. I think they even misplaced the 'nuclear football' for a while as well.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
What he said. It's pretty amazing some of the stuff that's out there.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/15/is-this-the-real-thing-coca-colas-secret-formula-discovered/

\/\/\/\/ HEY! A new Metroid game!

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 2, 2015

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

That's a pretty cool trick, turning into a ball of tinfoil and rolling around at high speeds.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

The term "griefer" has lost all meaning to these people. Some of them consider the act of nonconsensual PvP to be griefing. "the bad man attacked me, please ban the griefer"

I think a fair % of shitizens have PTSD from goons blowing up their mining ship in EVE Online.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

People are already complaining about griefing in PTU 2.0

Shocking.

Griefing is the only reason a very small part of me hopes this game actually comes out.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

Game isn't even out and Redditors are already whining about griefing in the broken vertical slice.

Hahahahahaha check this guy out who actually thinks the million between 52 and 53 is going to be spent on that stretch goal. You remember that 10 million they used to pay celebrities for mocap? That's 10 stretch goals walking out the door, guys.

loving player run anti-griefing guild, holy poo poo this game has all the worst ideas.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

blueberrysmith posted:

That's a pretty cool trick, turning into a ball of tinfoil and rolling around at high speeds.

New metroid is looking pretty good

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Chalks posted:

Hahahahahaha check this guy out who actually thinks the million between 52 and 53 is going to be spent on that stretch goal. You remember that 10 million they used to pay celebrities for mocap? That's 10 stretch goals walking out the door, guys.

loving player run anti-griefing guild, holy poo poo this game has all the worst ideas.

Excuse me sir I am an official spacecop and I have a report that says you pushed a spaceship off the landing pad while shouting lololol and then did a dance emote and so I must take away your space license and fine you 5000 spacebucks.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

neonbregna posted:

New metroid is looking pretty good

I'm so sad we'll never see another one of those. :/ The Metroid Prime games were so good, and I'm sad they did not sell well enough.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Excuse me sir I am an official spacecop and I have a report that says you pushed a spaceship off the landing pad while shouting lololol and then did a dance emote and so I must take away your space license and fine you 5000 spacebucks.

Here is an image of the above mentioned space cop:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

The hilarious thing is in that youtube vid you linked, go to like the 7 minute mark... they show the programmer walking thru the ship in the compiler (or whatever it called debugger?) and he constantly falls thru the ship or gets pushed out of the ship asset. Which (the hilarious part) is the same thing that was happening when they released 2.0 (baby PTU, whatever) in late Nov. That video was from July. JULY. And Croberts even says "this will work much better when you see it in a few weeks".

So 4 months go by and they release a "game" that's basically what they showed in July, a buggy mess.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I want a free and open universe where i can do everything i want without any constraint but YOU cant do that me... MODS!?! its my ship!! I paid 3000 dollars for this experience!!!!

such grief i feel

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's been said before, but we will win either way.

If/when CIG falls apart we can watch the brown sea eat their own, or if they manage to put out some terrible mess not much beyond the current alpha we can grief it until it's a barren wasteland.

Dark the skies with goons. Onward.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Really? Ha ha. Oh dear, people are going to be pissy in this game if it ever comes out.

Yeah I guess even though weapons are disabled in the space immediately surrounding the spawnpoints, it's obviously simple enough to just ram your poo poo into their poo poo.

I was reading the reddit thread but I couldn't take anymore after it just devolved into Space Libertarianism vs Make Griefers' Characters Actually Go To Space Jail.

I do wish I'd get my PTU invite though, because I want in on the sweet kamikaze action.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Berious posted:

I think a fair % of shitizens have PTSD from goons blowing up their mining ship in EVE Online.

I think it's the exact opposite of that. Most of them have probably never seen a goon in any game. They imagine goons as some devil incarnates who will wipe all fun off the face of the earth because of some isolated events and exaggerated stories they've read.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Sounds like Arma 3 Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5HCyAc0fU&t=1m10s

Space Cops

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Iglocska posted:

Here is an image of the above mentioned space cop:

This is not a joke, it is a very serious matter. Don't you know that griefing drives up space insurance premiums for everyone?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3v5bcw/the_cautionary_tale_of_ultima_online_on_griefing/

PU hasn't even been out for 2 weeks, already the fully-weapons-locked spawn room isn't enough. The only loving thing about the alpha that makes it tolerable is social interaction and that includes negative interactions. May favorite moment in the game so far was warping to point Kareah in a constellation and being immediately lit up by hornets- unfortunately they brought piss to a poo poo fight and twenty missiles later the sole survivor decided maybe he'd better relocate. I landed, walked inside, and bemusedly watched my ship get stolen- there were no other ships around so I'm assuming the guy who stole mine had been stranded there. So I lurked in space for a minute and shot the first guy to land, grabbed his ship, hunted down my stolen ship and rammed it to death.

These guys never want to be exposed to any kind of conflict that isn't of their own choosing. If they had their way it'd be world of warcraft with ships, and players would only exist as pretty moving colors in the background.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm sure there's no way goons could become members of this spacecop spaceguild.

I wonder if you will be able to appeal decisions in some sort of spacecourt

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3v5bcw/the_cautionary_tale_of_ultima_online_on_griefing/

PU hasn't even been out for 2 weeks, already the fully-weapons-locked spawn room isn't enough. The only loving thing about the alpha that makes it tolerable is social interaction and that includes negative interactions. May favorite moment in the game so far was warping to point Kareah in a constellation and being immediately lit up by hornets- unfortunately they brought piss to a poo poo fight and twenty missiles later the sole survivor decided maybe he'd better relocate. I landed, walked inside, and bemusedly watched my ship get stolen- there were no other ships around so I'm assuming the guy who stole mine had been stranded there. So I lurked in space for a minute and shot the first guy to land, grabbed his ship, hunted down my stolen ship and rammed it to death.

These guys never want to be exposed to any kind of conflict that isn't of their own choosing. If they had their way it'd be world of warcraft with ships, and players would only exist as pretty moving colors in the background.

This all sounds like a terrible distraction from changing the inflight movie and mixing drinks.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

This is not a joke, it is a very serious matter. Don't you know that griefing drives up space insurance premiums for everyone?

For eveyone else*.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loiosh posted:

If you can provide an example of me 'goonfucking' with a wall of words, please point it out and I'll try to address it.

The "goonfucking" refers to you rating out Peter Gabriel to the shitizens he was trolling. What the gently caress was that about?

e: nvm

Loiosh posted:

I felt responsible for pointing people there, especially when a nice streamer is getting trolled in his chat.
You felt responsible for what? Was it you doing the trolling? No? The why don't you shut up and let people be dumb if they are dumb. Are you The Savior of Pubbies or something?

quote:

So, this is a combination of me feeling guilty and my personal opinion about trolling. It's not something I've enjoyed.
Do you realize where it is you are posting?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 2, 2015

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

I played this with my bro it was hilarious dealing with a british guy arresting me and his meltdown shortly afterwards when we kept spike trapping his car - it was actually a lot of fun

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

MeLKoR posted:

Hahaha, you banned the person asking questions but not the person insulting them. gently caress you Ben you piece of poo poo, hopefully when this poo poo goes belly up you'll die of a broken heart attack.

Wow, Ben really is a piece of poo poo. What a terrible way to foster a community.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

My buddy who lost a bunch of money on Stomping Land keeps talking about Arma 3 Life, I'm glad to see that it looks absolutely as depressing as I thought it would.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

The "goonfucking" refers to you rating out Peter Gabriel to the shitizens he was trolling. What the gently caress was that about?

Addressed here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=632#post453381765

I said I'll stay out of it in the future.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How can anyone say this trip wasn't worth it when this was the result?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

May favorite moment in the game so far was warping to point Kareah in a constellation and being immediately lit up by hornets- unfortunately they brought piss to a poo poo fight and twenty missiles later the sole survivor decided maybe he'd better relocate. I landed, walked inside, and bemusedly watched my ship get stolen- there were no other ships around so I'm assuming the guy who stole mine had been stranded there. So I lurked in space for a minute and shot the first guy to land, grabbed his ship, hunted down my stolen ship and rammed it to death.

What? This can actually happen? Gameplay?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nicholas posted:

Wow, Ben really is a piece of poo poo. What a terrible way to foster a community.
It's kind of uncanny how this type tends to be attached to boondoggles. Wasn't the community relations guy for Duke Nukem Forever some total weirdo who ran the shop the same way, and as a result, hasn't been able to find work in any other outfit since then?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Don't worry, not for long. Reddit have worked out how to automatically detect ramming based on keeping a history of everyones vectors. You'll be going straight to space jail. This is completely implementable and will in no way complicate this shitpile any further.

FatherChristmas
Nov 9, 2012

'Tis the season

Karl, fucketh thyself.

Beet Wagon posted:

My buddy who lost a bunch of money on Stomping Land keeps talking about Arma 3 Life, I'm glad to see that it looks absolutely as depressing as I thought it would.

This buddy of yours makes some interesting decisions. I hope he never tried to sell you on The WarZ.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

May favorite moment in the game so far was warping to point Kareah in a constellation and being immediately lit up by hornets- unfortunately they brought piss to a poo poo fight and twenty missiles later the sole survivor decided maybe he'd better relocate. I landed, walked inside, and bemusedly watched my ship get stolen- there were no other ships around so I'm assuming the guy who stole mine had been stranded there. So I lurked in space for a minute and shot the first guy to land, grabbed his ship, hunted down my stolen ship and rammed it to death.

That sounds pretty loving awesome actually.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

For now. But don't worry, in the future CIG will make sure you won't get griefed while exploring the great world of Star Citizen

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wish Bootcha and Doctor Smart would get married and adopt me. We'd all be so happy together.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FatherChristmas posted:

This buddy of yours makes some interesting decisions. I hope he never tried to sell you on The WarZ.

No, but he was really excited for the Day Z Standalone that ended up being flaming garbage. His big thing now is Rocket League, I think. So at least it seems like he's coming around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

FrankieGoes posted:

I wish Bootcha and Doctor Smart would get married and adopt me. We'd all be so happy together.

dad internet warlord so what

• Locked thread