Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Oh poo poo, and Adult Swim too. I wonder if they'll be looser with the graphic violence.

On a related note, here's some more examples of what a quality show this was.

...and many more, but I've poo poo up the thread enough already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's a shame Samurai Jack just got taken off Netflix (because Cartoon Network is really weird about their old shows), because otherwise I would tell everyone to WATCH IT. I agree that the average quality of cartoons has gone up dramatically these past few years, but despite that Samurai Jack is still GOAT.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's on Hulu Plus.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I wouldn't go that far, on rewatch it seems like for every two rad action episode of SJ there was one lame "comedy" episode that was a waste of 20 minutes.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Sleeveless posted:

I wouldn't go that far, on rewatch it seems like for every two rad action episode of SJ there was one lame "comedy" episode that was a waste of 20 minutes.

The comedy episodes are great though. Aku's Fairy Tales is the funniest 20 minutes ever.

The only, only episode of Samurai Jack I won't argue for is the very early one about the elephant people. Is that the actual pilot of the show? It's so awkward in comparison to everything else.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

mycot posted:

The comedy episodes are great though.

Even the one that's just 20 minutes of Jack trying on new shoes?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

kefkafloyd posted:

If they do what Avatar did, they'll cast Greg Baldwin, who was Mako's Broadway understudy. I hope they don't, as I never really cared for him as Iroh.

Unless (and even if) it's supposed to be a direct continuation and not a remake or something, I'd rather they just got someone else entirely. That guy sucked as Iroh.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

raditts posted:

Unless (and even if) it's supposed to be a direct continuation and not a remake or something, I'd rather they just got someone else entirely. That guy sucked as Iroh.

He did voice Aku in that CN crossover video game whose name I am forgetting, so another likely chip in that pile.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Sleeveless posted:

That episode explained why Jack has an infinite supply of identical straw hats, making it a vital part of the lore.

raditts posted:

I hope it's not a remake. I'm pretty sure everyone involved knows that what people want to see is Jack finally getting that drat time machine.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh poo poo

Jack is like my favorite show ever, I'm so hyped for this I can't stand it

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 2, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can't believe Jack finally got off the boat

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sleeveless posted:

Especially the one where Jack tries on new shoes.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
More seriously, even if some episodes were better than others I liked how Samurai Jack felt like the show that could do anything. Wild West Standoffs? Generic Medieval Village Quest? Anything. If I had to summarize in one word what made the show something special, it would be scale, from the huge army battles to how Jack's quest was implied to take place over decades.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I passed on jack when it first aired but I started watching it on hulu resently and it's a complete shock it's coming back. My favorite episode is the one where he fights himself.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Can't wait

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

zooted heh posted:

My favorite episode is the one where he fights himself.

my favorite episode is either the one where he bare-handed fights Aku or the one with the Robot and the dog that had almost nothing to do with Jack at all.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zooted heh posted:

I passed on jack when it first aired but I started watching it on hulu resently and it's a complete shock it's coming back. My favorite episode is the one where he fights himself.

same

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So are there any other nerd favorite animated shows that got cancelled early that we can expect a reboot of in the next few years?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They're doing that second Hey Arnold movie.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Jhonen Vasquez is making a new Invader Zim comic series after years of swearing he was done with Zim forever so maybe that'll go somewhere?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

Jhonen Vasquez is making a new Invader Zim comic series after years of swearing he was done with Zim forever so maybe that'll go somewhere?

I hope so. I read the first issue and really enjoyed it.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

computer parts posted:

So are there any other nerd favorite animated shows that got cancelled early that we can expect a reboot of in the next few years?
My grail is Mission Hill. And I call it my grail because it's impossible.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe in 5 years we'll get more Sym-bionic Titan.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

ReBoot's reboot ReBoot: Guardians sounds terrible so I'm going to guess that that gets rebooted too. So it'll be ReBoot's reboot of ReBoot's reboot.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

DoctorWhat posted:

They're doing that second Hey Arnold movie.

Are they still trying to do their lovely shared universe thing with the 90s Nicktoons?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Oh yeah I guess Time Squad would be cool too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pakled posted:

The rumor I heard is that he doesn't actually have anything to do with the comic other than just being an ideas guy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
You can't properly reminisce old cartoons without a Peter Cullen bumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOKeCmj55pg

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Maybe in 5 years we'll get more Sym-bionic Titan.
Yeah :smith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8
(still can't believe they got away with this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMYO8cXFCRs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Already know that's the dance video

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

frank.club posted:

Already know that's the dance video
No it was the Lance stabs and kills the traitor in his Ender's Game flashback episodes

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a good one too
Genny D's action is flawless.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 3, 2015

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

computer parts posted:

If there's a god, YJ.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sheep in the big city

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the world is ready for Megas XLR season 3

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

jscolon2.0 posted:

If there's a god, YJ.

Eh while Young Justice had some good ideas, the execution was kinda meh, I'd say it's probably Weisman's worst show

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Whatever Happened to Robot Jones? deserves a second chance.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

the world is ready for Megas XLR season 3

I've been loving ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

The rumor I heard is that he doesn't actually have anything to do with the comic other than just being an ideas guy.
He posts about his involvement with each issue on his Tumblr. It varies between "wrote some or all of it", "drew the cover" and "shouted at the writer and artist while he played video games all day".