Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Indolent Bastard posted:

An intoxicated 19-year-old woman stole an Angry Orchard truck in Portland and crashed it into a barn on Rt. 160 in Limerick, according the York County Sheriff's Office.

From a friends facebook:

A lady did want her some cider
But the store just would not supply her
So she took the whole truck
And got herself stuck
When she drove through a barn's broadsider.

:golfclap: Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Dec 3, 2015

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

ElGroucho posted:

I remember Philosophy 301 too

If this references what I think it does, kudos to you. Well played.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Desuwa posted:

How do you prove that I exist? Likewise I cannot prove that you exist. I could be a brain in a jar being fed sensory information.

poo poo, you're onto us.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

i wanted so badly for this to be one of those spinning escalator things

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Saints row 2 graphics mod looking good!

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I shitpost therefore I am

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
After watching the new Batman Vs Superman trailer, the schadenfreude is me, because apparently Doomsday looks like a retarded ninja turtle.

I was kinda hopeful about this movie again after the teaser came out. Now I'm back to wondering how this clusterfuck even got green lit.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

After watching the new [Insert Marvel or DC setting] trailer, the schadenfreude is me, because apparently Everyone looks/acts/sounds like a retarded ninja turtle.

I was kinda hopeful about this movie again after the teaser came out. Now I'm back to wondering how these clusterfucks even got green lit.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the schadenfreude is me

Can we just all agree to stop doing this? Nobody gets joy out of your disappointment in a movie trailer, and it's a stupid misuse of the word besides.

We can do better, goons.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Subjunctive posted:

Can we just all agree to stop doing this? Nobody gets joy out of your disappointment in a movie trailer, and it's a stupid misuse of the word besides.

We can do better, goons.

The schadenfreude is you.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

burexas.irom posted:

The schadenfreude is you.

No, he's really not.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I just saw the trailer for The Good Dinosaur, and the Schadenfreude is on me, because I thought it was actually going to be about a bad dinosaur

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I just made coffee, but the ground beans are getting kinda dry, so it's marginally less aromatic than it was a week ago. The Schadenfreude is on meeeee!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

An intoxicated 19-year-old woman stole an Angry Orchard truck in Portland and crashed it into a barn on Rt. 160 in Limerick, according the York County Sheriff's Office.

From a friends facebook:

A lady did want her some cider
But the store just would not supply her
So she took the whole truck
And got herself stuck
When she drove through a barn's broadsider.

Bravo!!

chitoryu12 posted:

To add onto this, Republicans have been struggling recently with their poor image to anyone who's not a hate-filled white racist and desperately trying to court minorities and women (which is hard to do while openly campaigning to restrict their rights). If Trump wins the nomination, all the people who might vote for the Republican party but aren't a bizarre caricature of a crazed bigot will go away or even vote for a Democrat just to keep the nutter out.

Not to mention there's been some speculation that Trump is trying to get out of the running by becoming more and more offensive, which has only served to make him more favorable with Republican voters. 2016 will be very interesting, to say the very least.

Saints row 2 graphics mod looking good!

Oh hell now I want to play that again.

After watching the new Batman Vs Superman trailer, the schadenfreude is me, because apparently Doomsday looks like a retarded ninja turtle.

I was kinda hopeful about this movie again after the teaser came out. Now I'm back to wondering how this clusterfuck even got green lit.

DC is going through what Marvel did in the '90s, which is funny since the same editors are messing it up in the same way they did Marvel at the time. I'm still wondering why Lex Luthor is a gawky nerd with lovely hair.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If you're riding a BMX and you hold onto a car you can go really fast! Really really fast!

http://imgur.com/gallery/fhkix0p

Edit: picture is unrelated

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Dec 3, 2015

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you're riding a BMX and you hold onto a car you can go really fast! Really really fast!

http://imgur.com/gallery/fhkix0p

Edit: picture is unrelated

Once you get those speed wobbles, you're hosed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Xenoletum posted:

That bike was so unstable that the loving rear wheel flew off.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Not to mention there's been some speculation that Trump is trying to get out of the running by becoming more and more offensive, which has only served to make him more favorable with Republican voters. 2016 will be very interesting, to say the very least.

Don't know about Trump in particular, but if you're cynical you could begin to think being in opposition is a lot more rewarding than actually being in government. You get paid the same as the other side does to accuse them of being massive shitmongers in the press every day, and without any of the hassle of actually having to come up with actual policies. I can't see that Trump is a true believer in anything but himself, so running for office would probably be more fun than being in it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

darkwasthenight posted:

Don't know about Trump in particular, but if you're cynical you could begin to think being in opposition is a lot more rewarding than actually being in government. You get paid the same as the other side does to accuse them of being massive shitmongers in the press every day, and without any of the hassle of actually having to come up with actual policies. I can't see that Trump is a true believer in anything but himself, so running for office would probably be more fun than being in it.

Trump has to know that he's totally unqualified and unprepared for the job. He's crazy, but not that crazy. The last time he tried to run, it was a complete flop. I think he may have been just as surprised as we were at his popularity.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Xenoletum posted:

You can see it in his eyes, the moment he realizes he's hosed but he's still holding on.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You can see it in his eyes, the moment he realizes he's hosed but he's still holding on.

Pride fucks you up, I guess. And we know he's too full of himself that he can't step down. And his attempts to get thrown out are only going to poison his image once this whole election is over.

It's like the perfect storm of schaden: he can't leave because his ego's too fragile, and his attempts to poison his run are only going to endear him more to the psycho base.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pride fucks you up, I guess. And we know he's too full of himself that he can't step down. And his attempts to get thrown out are only going to poison his image once this whole election is over.

It's like the perfect storm of schaden: he can't leave because his ego's too fragile, and his attempts to poison his run are only going to endear him more to the psycho base.

Running for presidency is truly the skitching of the political world.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DC is going through what Marvel did in the '90s, which is funny since the same editors are messing it up in the same way they did Marvel at the time. I'm still wondering why Lex Luthor is a gawky nerd with lovely hair.

Literally every movie with Lex Luthor in it has had him have hair

Okay they were wigs but there's nothing that says it won't be in this one, and there's even shots online of Eisenberg bald.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Clancy Brown is still the best Lex Luthor. Because he is Clancy Brown.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Best case scenario for Trump is he wins a bunch of primaries, but the GOP nominates someone else who fails miserably. In that case Trump didn't fail America, America failed Trump.

Losing to party establishment can work out well in the long run. When Reagan lost to Ford in 1976, he spent the next 4 years telling Republicans "I told you so.". That's what Trump wants to do, but not so he can run again. I think he's prepping the field for his daughter to run.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Historically burning bright before the end of the primaries is an indication that the person won't become the nominee.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Who decides the nominee? I always thought politicians in American parties decided on a nominee, so if the Republicans don't want Trump, they could just nominate someone else. All this talk about the Republicans running scared of Trump seems to indicate that the people do the voting instead.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

Who decides the nominee? I always thought politicians in American parties decided on a nominee, so if the Republicans don't want Trump, they could just nominate someone else. All this talk about the Republicans running scared of Trump seems to indicate that the people do the voting instead.
I think the Republicans can do just that, but if they try it they risk having part of their voter base turn on them.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

CommissarMega posted:

Sort of. Each party runs through a Primary, which is a single-party vote on the nominee. Sort of an election before the election. The party itself can veto a candidate, but it's a huge risk since that candidate would likely run third-party and split the votes between themselves and the establishment candidate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

Delegates attending their party's convention do the voting themselves. However, exactly who they're allowed to vote for depends on the state. Some states actually have you voting to add delegates who vote for whoever the people chose, while others just show who the people want and the delegates can ignore them if they want (though it's not very politically favorable to ignore democratic decisions altogether). Some states don't even havea primary; they have a caucus (members of the local party meet to decide on a candidate), or a combination of primary and caucuses. There are also superdelegates, who have a seat at the convention based on their position in the party and can vote for whoever they want.

The reason it's so confusing is because primaries aren't actually a part of the Constitution. Originally, the Electoral College just did everything and the states figured out their own method of deciding electors. Then states started gradually holding popular votes to choose electors. Eventually, the 19th century evolved until political bosses started having control over which delegates were chosen. Primaries started appearing one state at a time as a way of letting the people show their support for candidates. It was a somewhat haphazard process that developed on its own.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Dec 3, 2015

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

chitoryu12 posted:

Delegates attending their party's convention do the voting themselves. However, exactly who they're allowed to vote for depends on the state. Some states actually have you voting to add delegates who vote for whoever the people chose, while others just show who the people want and the delegates can ignore them if they want (though it's not very politically favorable to ignore democratic decisions altogether). Some states don't even havea primary; they have a caucus (members of the local party meet to decide on a candidate), or a combination of primary and caucuses. There are also superdelegates, who have a seat at the convention based on their position in the party and can vote for whoever they want.

The reason it's so confusing is because primaries aren't actually a part of the Constitution. Originally, the Electoral College just did everything and the states figured out their own method of deciding electors. Then states started gradually holding popular votes to choose electors. Eventually, the 19th century evolved until political bosses started having control over which delegates were chosen. Primaries started appearing one state at a time as a way of letting the people show their support for candidates. It was a somewhat haphazard process that developed on its own.

United States of America.txt

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90RajY2nrgk

Watch that if you wanna see just how stupid the system really is in the US. Eat the rich.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

CommissarMega posted:

Trump has already indicated he'd consider running third party after the first debate and is now holding it over their heads. Plus if they just ignore him they lose all the lunatics, and considering the tone of the campaign so far would have a huge amount of work to do before they can even think about picking up the moderate swing vote again.

Edit: I like how smoothly bike tragedy talk merged into Trump talk.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Donald Trump is Lex Luthor.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, after all that all I can say is that Trump couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people. No seriously- he couldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Oh boy do I have something juicy for you guys.

I might just simply ask, do any of you recall the term 'affluenza'?

Here is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy