Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

dsriggs posted:

New Jack brought up Molly in a shoot interview once. He really likes her because one time, when they were both working independents, she offered him some of the sunflower seeds she was eating, without him even asking! I'm serious.
Indeed. Which is why I'd like to see his reaction to this. I definitely could see him hunting the guy down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Which leads to
http://teamcunt.blogspot.ca/

I mean, we're at secondary sources now. It's pretty much gotta be true.

He's using Chris-Chan's trolls and I don't even know what to think here.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Vintage stupid wrestling fan opinions:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

dsriggs posted:

I know you think the Fabs are bad, but the topic isn't for goon stupid opinions.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

dsriggs posted:

this magazine is the kind of thing I pay $5 too much for at a flea market

like a god damned mark

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mecca reads more and more like a cult with every post.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nom De Plume is the best gimmick of 2015

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
For all the talk about how real wrestling fans wouldn't want a wrestling company to fail, there's a lot of sticking it to WWE and Vince in some form over there. A Super Bowl ad would be the holy grail, but no, it's all about how much it'd make McMahon and his marks poo poo bricks.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Nom De Plume is the best long con gimmick of all time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At this point it'd be surprising to find out Nom De Plume isn't from here and is actually serious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jerry Blackwell: The Sexy Mean Machine

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

At this point it'd be surprising to find out Nom De Plume isn't from here and is actually serious

I'm fairly certain that he's someone from The Board, and possibly here too. I have my theories but he really is an outstanding gimmick.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
C'mon NomDePlume, show yourself. We know this is just a.....nom de plume.....

Also, I could believe that Dixie would beg for daddy's money long enough/shaft employees and other financial prospects enough to buy a Super Bowl spot. It'd be a stretch but I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I seriously doubt CBS would waste their time allotment on TNA. Furthermore, if CBS found out it had a wrestling show on one of its networks, that'd probably hasten TNA's eventual departure from POP. Once that happens, wait for the Mecca dudes to blame Lionsgate over their dealings with WWE.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my theory is that NomDePlume is Dixie Carter

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Corporate Kane posted:

my theory is that NomDePlume is Dixie Carter

Do we know if NomDePlume can use email?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Never mind that buying a Super Bowl spot costs like triple the budget of the entirety of TNA.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

sticklefifer posted:

Never mind that buying a Super Bowl spot costs like triple the budget of the entirety of TNA.

Ooooooh, no, no, no. You don't get it. They think that since TNA and the Superbowl are both "on" CBS, TNA would get a Superbowl ad for free.

Somebody needs to go over there and get them salivating at the idea of a TNA match happening at the Super Bowl halftime. Like, a ring on the field kind of thing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Davros1 posted:

Ooooooh, no, no, no. You don't get it. They think that since TNA and the Superbowl are both "on" CBS, TNA would get a Superbowl ad for free.

Somebody needs to go over there and get them salivating at the idea of a TNA match happening at the Super Bowl halftime. Like, a ring on the field kind of thing.

We Just Need Halftime Heat

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

Someone please find that thread and do exactly this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

We Just Need Halftime Heat

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

Jerry Blackwell: The Sexy Mean Machine

Such a studmuffin

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I am confident TNA could do an empty arena match.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I don't want to steal Foley's joke.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

dsriggs posted:

I'm Steve Olson

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
When did they stop drawing crowds? I know the Impact Zone fans were largely turned away after Bob Ryder or whoever called them "cast members", but that was almost 6 years ago

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DynamiteKidd posted:

When did they stop drawing crowds? I know the Impact Zone fans were largely turned away after Bob Ryder or whoever called them "cast members", but that was almost 6 years ago

They've gotten weaker and weaker over the years and word is out that every event they do these days is papered all to hell so nobody's gonna bother buying tickets.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They never really started drawing crowds. The Impact Zone was always free to get in entertainment and so people getting turned away was on the same level of the stunt show being overly crowded. They just left the Impact Zone and started selling tickets and people weren't willing to pay.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm Steve Olson

Hi Steve. You're not nearly as cool as my boy Todd Haugesag or the various people who compare the AWA stars to wild beasts.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

What is the premise behind this gif?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

CobiWann posted:

What is the premise behind this gif?

I believe that's from when the Impact Zone had to evacuated during a PPV due to a fire

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
My buddy went to an Impact taping at Universal back in the day. He said it was really weird, because there was this constant churn of audience members. Like people just wandering to check out the attraction, shrugging and then leaving to make room for the next people who wanted to watch for 5 minutes.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Posted by Stank rear end Ho at 11:48 PM

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Of all the things to be a dedicated conspiracy theorist about, the guy picks Molly Holly. I wonder if that's the same Clyde Cash who trolled Chris-Chan. Perhaps HE was one of the people that Molly Holly had sex with?!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think you'll find that Chris-chan identifies as a girl nowadays.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Muddy Burphy posted:

I believe that's from when the Impact Zone had to evacuated during a PPV due to a fire

It was an empty arena match

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yeah. Instead of pre-taping an Empty Arena match & playing it on the show, they had everybody in the building leave, then filmed the match.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

Yeah. Instead of pre-taping an Empty Arena match & playing it on the show, they had everybody in the building leave, then filmed the match.

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

dsriggs posted:

It seems like every week I hear a LOLTNA story that I haven't heard that instantly becomes my favorite.