Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Riso posted:

Boring as gently caress livery. Who do they think they are, Marussia??

GP2 Livery GP2 Livery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
sick earring tho

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Riso posted:

it's not their livery. it's a mockup made by some random forums user last year. they put it on the screen because they new TV cameras would be around.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

funeral fag posted:

i can't make heads or tails of the new tire regulations. please explain to me like i'm massa

TYRE. GO ON CAR. MAKE CAR ROLL. MOVE FORWARD.

FIVE TYPES TYRE. THREE TYPE PIRELLI BRING TO TRACK. TEAM CAN PICK TWO TYPES.

How's that? I think that's how it's supposed to work anyway.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Even Mercedes are tired of Their Lewis's petulant poo poo:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/10087413/mercedes-warning-aimed-at-lewis-hamilton-declare-fleet-street

quote:

Toto Wolff's warning Mercedes could axe Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg was specifically aimed at the reigning world champion.

quote:

'Despite Hamilton's pre-eminent position as the three-time world champion - winning the past two titles with Mercedes - he is not seen as a team player in a squad governed by the team ethic

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

funeral fag posted:

i can't make heads or tails of the new tire regulations. please explain to me like i'm massa

Teams will get 13 sets of tyres for a race weekend.

Pirelli will bring three different types of tyre to each race.

Pirelli will pick two sets out of the three and one of them will be mandatory for the race, the other has to be set up and ready to go on the car.

Teams have to decide two weeks in advance of the race if want to use the third tyre type or stick with the ones Pirelli have picked.

Teams can use different tyres for each driver.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
More interesting part of the new tire regs is that both drivers can split the choice.

quote:

The choices will be made to a deadline set by Pirelli – before the tyres are made and shipped – and the selections will only be made public two weeks before the race. Intriguingly drivers within teams can have different choices.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Hamilton is human garbage but if I'm on the road approximately 20 weeks of the year I don't want to hear about being a loving team player.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Riso posted:

Is he wearing sunglasses?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Hamilton is human garbage but if I'm on the road approximately 20 weeks of the year I don't want to hear about being a loving team player.

he quite clearly thinks they are favoring rosberg over him in every race that rosberg wins. he questions their strategy every step of the way. the lack of trust is glaring, but not moreso than his lack of accountability.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

Is he wearing sunglasses?

i bet it's those yellow tinted gaming glasses

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Pirelli will pick two sets out of the three and one of them will be mandatory for the race, the other has to be set up and ready to go on the car.

Teams have to decide two weeks in advance of the race if want to use the third tyre type or stick with the ones Pirelli have picked.

that's weird but thanks

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis has utterly lost it.

"To be honest, this is the first year that I've ever really done it," Hamilton told BBC Radio 1. "And you know what, I'd be partying, I'd turn up, and I'd win the race."

He seems oblivious to the fact that there was only one car that was able to get close to his, and it was being driven by an average driver who's main strength is how obsessive compulsive he is when it comes to developing the car.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-says-he-can-party-and-still-win-races/

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Lets kick Lewis's rear end

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah when you have the fastest magic car on the grid you can show up hungover and still win races.

What a knob.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He had the no extreme sports rule written out of his contract, coupled with the drinking and the no sleeping with any luck it should be a self correcting problem.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

He seems oblivious to the fact that there was only one car that was able to get close to his, and it was being driven by an average driver who's main strength is how obsessive compulsive he is when it comes to developing the car.

Like I said before if Ferrari turn up to the first race with a car on par with the Mercs there's no way Mercedes can retain the WDC in 2016.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
http://thejudge13.com/2015/12/03/new-f1-tyre-regs-allow-will-see-some-cars-run-3-different-race-compounds/

quote:

They say there’s and easy way and a ridiculously complex and unnecessary way to do things and it appears the decision makers in Formula One always opt for the latter approach. In fact it is rumoured in the hallowed portals of the Place de Concorde that Jean Todt thinks Occam is a competitor of Gillette.

During a race weekend, the teams have been awarded 13 sets of tyres per car and this will not change in 2013. Pirelli will select three compounds from their range of extreme soft, super soft, soft, medium and hard compounds and the team will get to choose some weeks in advance which two they wish to run. Interestingly, the teams can opt for different selections for each driver. On hearing this news, it is highly probable that Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe began drinking heavily.

Pirelli will nominate from its three compounds, 2 sets for each car for use only in the race. The two sets may be different compounds and at least one of these two sets MUST be used in the race.

Further, the teams must also take one more set of the softer of the two race compounds nominated by Pirelli and use it should they make it through to Q3. This leaves them freedom to choose two compounds form the three on offer from the remaining 10 sets they require for the weekend.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I'd say WCC as well but no car can compensate for how poo poo Kimi is.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd say WCC as well but no car can compensate for how poo poo Kimi is.

The 2012/2013 Lotus had a good go at it though.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

1500quidporsche posted:

Like I said before if Ferrari turn up to the first race with a car on par with the Mercs there's no way Mercedes can retain the WDC in 2016.

ferrari have garbage men, on par isnt enough

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Vettel+Kimi are a stronger pairing than Lewis+Nico

Ferrari ftw

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Lewis' idea of "partying" is prob 3 glasses of champagne and staying up till 1AM dancing to horrible music with a bunch of douches at a club, not carrying around a 1.75 liter of Jack Daniels and finishing it around 5am surrounded by blow and hookers and Roscoe.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

he quite clearly thinks they are favoring rosberg over him in every race that rosberg wins. he questions their strategy every step of the way. the lack of trust is glaring, but not moreso than his lack of accountability.

His completely lack of respect for the team and any agreements made within a team was already made clear in Hungary 2007.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

It's more complicated than that, as some of the sets will have to be handed back during various times of the Free Practices. I look forward to the commentators trying to explain this one..

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Keyser S0ze posted:

Lewis' idea of "partying" is prob 3 glasses of champagne and staying up till 1AM dancing to horrible music with a bunch of douches at a club, not carrying around a 1.75 liter of Jack Daniels and finishing it around 5am surrounded by blow and hookers and Roscoe.

You're confusing crippling alcoholism and with partying. Coke would explain some of his silly radio poo poo though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The comments sections have been amazing, all those comparisons to a WDC who ended up in a poo poo McLaren that kept breaking down before ending up as a backmarker because no one could deal with his drinking and drug abuse before dying early at 45.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

The comments sections have been amazing, all those comparisons to a WDC who ended up in a poo poo McLaren that kept breaking down before ending up as a backmarker because no one could deal with his drinking and drug abuse before dying early at 45.

Hunt?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yup, the general consensus amongst the Lewis fans is "woah, he's so cool, just like hunt"

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Keyser S0ze posted:

staying up till 1AM dancing to horrible music with a bunch of douches at a club

Ugh, "clubbing" is so neanderthalic, give me a good old Let's Play over a club any day

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

HJB posted:

Ugh, "clubbing" is so neanderthalic, give me a good old Let's Play over a club any day

I'd rather smoke weed and watch old F1 races.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'd rather do this

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

learnincurve posted:

Yup, the general consensus amongst the Lewis fans is "woah, he's so cool, just like hunt"

coincidentally both Lauda and Vettel are better drivers than Hunt and Lewis

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

coincidentally both Lauda and Vettel are better drivers than Hunt and Lewis

I'd be fine with Vettel becoming Lauda Jr at this point.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it says a lot about red bull that ferrari, of all teams, has made vettel seem immensely likable

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
It seems like there's no silly season to speak of this year, really lame.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Gmaz posted:

It seems like there's no silly season to speak of this year, really lame.

Were you in a coma when Red Bull kept loving things up every time they got an engine deal in place?

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Ok maybe engine silly season, but drivers - meh.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
bernie and Todt just got given absolute power with the mandate to kill the f1 commission and all the working groups, remove Ferrari's power of veto, decide on the engines and to set the prices for them and to have the technical rules rewritten. The screaming I can still hear from Italy and Germany would suggest otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bye bye Ferrari Historical Veto.

• Locked thread