Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FatherChristmas
Nov 9, 2012

'Tis the season

Karl, fucketh thyself.

aleksendr posted:

90M$, 300 people (who know how many man-hours at this point ?), 10 webseries, 4 mocap studios, developpment across 3 countries with 4 offices.

Its like John Romero heading Duke Nukem Forever with the help of Peter Molyneux.
It's really as if you multiplied all their mistakes together when you look at their development fuckups. You've got Molyneux's dreamy bullshit that the development team is struggling to realize whenever he talks, Romero's management incompetence and tendency for overspending, and DNF's turnover rate and community manager.

Croberts, incompetence squared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I only played LoD:Tactics (Demo) a bit. And it appeared to be a solid little game (think Jagged Alliance in space). Considering it's from an indie team and also targeted at mobile devices.

It's coming to Xbox One on Dec 11th. Here is the trailer for it which we did for Microsoft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7LzdFlkZc

Product page http://lodmmo.com/tactics/

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

tooterfish posted:

These are good rules.

Star Drive kicked me in the balls hard enough to cure me of that nonsense.

Star Drive had some good. The game elements beside "Design your 2D spaceship" where pretty shallow but i remember having some fun with it. Also a race of mind controlling mollusks using a slave race (Owlwocks) for everything was a nice concept.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Oh it did, but that's not what kicked me in the balls, it was the "Oh about those X, Y, Z features we said we were definitely working on? Yeah, gonna pass on those. Also, please buy Star Drive 2!"

gently caress that guy.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

If we can get a bunch of goons in LoD at once I will do it. I emailed Derek's people and they gave me goon access.

Wait! Do what!??! I'm scared already. You bastards give me the heebeejeebees.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Yeah after my experience with Towns, Starbound and Edge of Space I flat out don't do early access anymore unless the game is basically done. Overall early access is a cancer and many games shouldn't be in it or perpetually stuck in ear'y access.

I just noticed Edge of Space left early access and I'm going to bet the quests are still not implemented at all.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ZenMaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3BfpU6TH0k

At 5:30

"This week we've kicked off discussions on jump point travel....we have our Stanton system we're fleshing out...we're starting to think about with the Levksy landing zone coming out, how are we going to get to Nix...so we're toying around with some different ideas...we're starting to really dive down into how that's going to work functionally in game...we have a lot of cool artwork for how it's going to look...so were trying to figure out how to implement that...
so that's pretty interesting that we're now kicking that off..."

Does that just mean the two sectors aren't close and there is a bunch of stuff in between that won't be filled so they need a workaround to connect those two zones, or they literally don't know how to connect two large zones yet? Wasn't sure...

It's me. I'm the major points of game design they're starting to nail down $100 million, three years, two continents, four mocap studios and one discarded FPS game later.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ZenMaster posted:

"This week we've kicked off discussions on jump point travel....we have our Stanton system we're fleshing out...we're starting to think about with the Levksy landing zone coming out, how are we going to get to Nix...so we're toying around with some different ideas...we're starting to really dive down into how that's going to work functionally in game...we have a lot of cool artwork for how it's going to look...so were trying to figure out how to implement that...

Does that just mean the two sectors aren't close and there is a bunch of stuff in between that won't be filled so they need a workaround to connect those two zones, or they literally don't know how to connect two large zones yet? Wasn't sure...

They're only just now going to think about this? :psyduck:

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

You know what the actual tragedy in all this is?

The money that people have raised for SC could have gone towards furthering actual human space exploration for future generations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ZenMaster posted:

You get between systems in SC's universe by going through wormholes, basically. Some of the wormholes are only big enough to fit small ships, some fit larger.

Consider it a loading screen for a new map.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

FagtasticalMondays posted:

You know what the actual tragedy in all this is?

The money that people have raised for SC could have gone towards furthering actual human space exploration for future generations.

Yes, Elon Musk started SpaceX with 100 million which meant about 3-4 launches.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Even Youtube notices the head bobbing :lol:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Eldragon posted:

The more interesting discussion is "why would I never want to travel in anything other that cruise mode and just run away from everything." and skip combat altogether.

Probably the usual sci-fi tropes of some kind off "Cruise inhibitor" will be implemented at some point. You cant go to cruise unless you escape the bubble or dont suffer damage for "X" seconds.

I find the whole "Distance and camera and precision "debate interesting because that in the eventuality that this game get released, probably 90% of the time played will be trying to precisely shoot at a target while merging vector with it without collision, making discussion of how thing are perceived and rendered at a distance pretty critical.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/297529/i-feel-cheated-that-should-not-be-happening-with-2-0-being-so-wonderful/p4

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ZenMaster posted:

That's not even the issue. It's now Dec 2015. They've just released 2.0 with Stanton/Crusader, which i) isn't finished ii) is barely 1/100 of what they promised.

Now they're only just getting around to thinking about how to connect (!) the rest of the world.

Yet, croberts says it's a 2016 game.

I wrote this earlier.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=647&perpage=40#post453438026

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I think they are talkin about the wormhole mechanics since nyx and the other place are in different systems. Also the tech guys probably won't tell them anything.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

First in-game Internet access and now this:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...p-crew-quarters

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Omi-Polari posted:

If we can get a bunch of goons in LoD at once I will do it. I emailed Derek's people and they gave me goon access.

i'm willing to waste time on a game if it doesn't cost me money

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

No 1 Million Mile High Club for this "Completionist":

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/298786/1-million-mile-high-club-and-its-disappearance-from-game-packages

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

PRrrraaaapp! :yarg:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Interdiction have been confirmed for being a way to catch people. Basically how it works is you would have a special EWAR ship fly behind another ship mid warp then get ahead and knock the ship out of warp, The prey can still escape to another site but the hunt will be on. And to be honest, the part where the ship escaped and we had to spread our fleet out through out the system to find him was exciting. In the future a very skilled pilot can make a very precise manual shot and hit the damage the quantum drive. It will be a valuable skill for people are that skilled in a fight and will be no easy feat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3va19m/star_citizen_fighter_squadron_of_players_kills_a/

More engineering debts !

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 4, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...thing-important

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

[Serious Question] Is there anyone who can explain "Noice!" to me?
I get that it's an obnoxious way to pronounce "nice". My friend who played freelancer would say it (irl) all the time, and I see it constantly said by the Shitizens.. Is it just a common expression amongst douche bags or is it said in wing commander or something? How'd it get so popular?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MilesK posted:

[Serious Question] Is there anyone who can explain "Noice!" to me?
I get that it's an obnoxious way to pronounce "nice". My friend who played freelancer would say it (irl) all the time, and I see it constantly said by the Shitizens.. Is it just a common expression amongst douche bags or is it said in wing commander or something? How'd it get so popular?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o

Just a stupid meme

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Did your ESC key break or something?

You also might want clarify "Exit" as "Exit to OS", rather than a possible "Exit Menu".

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Markov bot is go :psylon:

Our mock-up set from the space stations.
Smoke is also in progress, with help from the entire engine code.
If you’d like to scan over to fast storage which should eliminate the need for downtime (a lot of clean-up work has been pushing the fidelity, improving the G-Force animations and so we decided to use their PAW to cut out a section and reveal a manual hydraulic pump to open fire on random civilians.
that can be using a much more in systemic behaviours.
We now have the new 3.7 SDK into our new Physically Based Damage system.
Well, some shops and other locations like the sound of what Star Citizen code mainline.
Can I use my insurance as an excuse to simply ram other ships to bits looked very cool, but this will take effort and not be marked as a stolen ship, the law will be unable to sell the ship systems that will span all of our cast play out in their various levels.
As we are all in our side over the next months to twelve months.
Hello everyone!
These range from small fires and debris, to towering flames and huge explosions.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Just remember that one will deny the Hornet’s place as the rest of the gameplay we want this to power other parts of that support, we’re proud of what we’re doing here.
Earlier this week, and troubleshot a number of bug reports are automatically entered into CIG’s internal bug tracking software, so that designers can use its speed and comfort.
This excerpt from the Austin Studio.
If you’d like to say ‘we should add this!
This update will be available for rental with REC or purchase with UEC.
We worked on many things that I know everyone is happy with.
From an audio content and sounds going in over the last three days of secondary character “wild lines” and motion capture on some of our clothing line’s aesthetic pretty well-defined, the Terra-influenced Fashion Casual line.
He also has been helping lay the groundwork for the press.
This influenced the design department in Frankfurt and Santa Monica to meet thousands of arm chair CEOs and developers mostly because we have an absolute answer for you.
I’m telling you, you do!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I figured that, but why's it the first thing said everytime RSI posts news?

I guess I'll just go with they're a homogeneous group of unfunny people.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Daztek posted:

One year beyond the release date Early days.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

And they don't have 18 months.

quote:

December 2014: $3,181,259
January 2015: $3,270,829
February 2015: $2,399,668
March 2015: $3,183,965
April 2015: $3,211,615
May 2015: $2,815,387
June 2015: $1,061,274
July 2015: $917,744
August 2015: $2,781,241
September 2015: $1,387,140
October 2015: $4,248,793
November 2015: $5,358,817

Last 12 months. Total 33,817,732

With 2.0 actually working in 2016 they might do even better than the last 12 months. If their burn rate is 3 million a month, 36 million for a year, even without shipping SQ42 in 2016, it seems like they have at least another year.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bootcha posted:

You also might want clarify "Exit" as "Exit to OS", rather than a possible "Exit Menu".

That would do it

Or a confirmation box, or, well, anything

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

One year beyond the release date Early days.

Paris was not built in a day

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Last 12 months. Total 33,817,732

With 2.0 actually working in 2016 they might do even better than the last 12 months. If their burn rate is 3 million a month, 36 million for a year, even without shipping SQ42 in 2016, it seems like they have at least another year.

Shhh. 90 days, tops.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

Well, there is just so much content in every system that you wouldn't even think about jumping somewhere else so they forgot about it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
After I drove the buggy for 10 minutes I had to read a wiki page to even remember what GTA5 was

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bootcha posted:

Yeah. I actually made a note of that already. I guess some people just got used to pressing ESC key and nobody bothered to bitch about the exit button taking you out of the game completely.

Thing is that string won't fit in that box; so it will probably remain as-is but just add a Y|N prompt with a warning that you're about to quit the game.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Shhh. 90 days, tops.

Yeah as funny as them going bust would be, the low point was June/July, since then they have turned things around and actually produced something that has potential. Unless there's something else going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, I don't see how they can go bust in the short term, there's no sign that Citizens are going to stop giving them money, especially now when they can show some actual progress.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Thing is that string won't fit in that box; so it will probably remain as-is but just add a Y|N prompt with a warning that you're about to quit the game.

Errrr... ok. If the button is too small and you can't change the font so the message fits then how about changing the word to "quit"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. I actually made a note of that already. I guess some people just got used to pressing ESC key and nobody bothered to bitch about the exit button taking you out of the game completely.

If you put that box in for me Derek that will legit be my most impressive achievement in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Daztek posted:

Writing a comprehensive design doc is the 150 mill stretch goal.

• Locked thread