Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summit 4?
This poll is closed.
OG 54 26.60%
OG 36 17.73%
OG 57 28.08%
OG 56 27.59%
Total: 203 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Liquid with the rare non-ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Scientists baffled

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
envy broke as gently caress

e: what the hell is liquid's positioning, some real 1k poo poo

e2: all right some super good rosh zoning

Majuju fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 3, 2015

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
The good ol' leap-explode strategy. Mvp armlet toggle.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
EE 2-11-5 lol

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

TheQat posted:

EE 2-11-5 lol

gonna be interesting to see if he tilts hard for game 2

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Secret confirmed worse than an NA team with no na players

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

Secret confirmed worse than an NA team with no na players

TL is Dutch dude

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nerf Sleight please.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

I want to like Liquid but they draft the same thing every loving match...

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Ok, even I'm baffled right now

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
22-3 the dream is real

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The team that picked Invoker is losing?

Shocked

Shocked

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

so very glad I didn't buy a Secret jersey before TI5

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I really want to root for Secret but that urge is trumped by my desire to see EE fail all the time.

If they don't drop him at the Spring shuffle, I'll be shocked.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The team that picked Invoker is losing?

Shocked

Shocked

Justice

Justice

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Zurreco posted:

I really want to root for Secret but that urge is trumped by my desire to see EE fail all the time.

If they don't drop him at the Spring shuffle, I'll be shocked.

What.

I thought pretty much everyone agreed that heading into the Fall Major EE was one of the top 2-3 carries in the world. Not too much has changed, they finished second in the Fall Major, why would they drop EE?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Almost all of their losses are because of him. He is the weakest link on their team.

Those photos exist and show up all the time for a reason.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

No, they exist because they are memes that people will regurgitate over and over. EE is a really good player, to say almost all of Secret's losses are because of him is honestly laughable.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
haha wow braindead goons have retarded opinions haha

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Listen buddy you can't make memes about things that aren't true, EE is the worst dota player ever

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

What.

I thought pretty much everyone agreed that heading into the Fall Major EE was one of the top 2-3 carries in the world. Not too much has changed, they finished second in the Fall Major, why would they drop EE?

By "everyone" do you mean you and two other posters in this thread

EE has shining moments I don't think anyone would disagree with that, but he fucks up a ton and his fuckups are enormous and almost always end the game. He causes tons of losses and he crumbles under pressure.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

No, they exist because they are memes that people will regurgitate over and over. EE is a really good player, to say almost all of Secret's losses are because of him is honestly laughable.
EE can both be a really good player and baffle scientists at the same time. No one would care about a bad player making bad plays.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Taffer posted:

By "everyone" do you mean you and two other posters in this thread

EE has shining moments I don't think anyone would disagree with that, but he fucks up a ton and his fuckups are enormous and almost always end the game. He causes tons of losses and he crumbles under pressure.

It was the general consensus in this thread as Secret was winning tournament after tournament leading up to the Fall major.

I completely disagree with the second part of your post as well, but this is an argument I've been making since C9 so its not worth rehashing.

Edit: Regardless, this whole thing started with someone saying they wouldn't be surprised if Secret dropped him in the spring reshuffle, which again, even if you don't like EE, is laughable.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 4, 2015

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think carry is the least forgiving position to try and be next level from, it greatly favors consistent players.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'd argue the games they lost today were because of the draft. Also kuroky shut down w33 mid with those mid pulls.

But seriously puppey never draft huskar first phase ever again.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

ETERNALENVY

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

It was the general consensus in this thread as Secret was winning tournament after tournament leading up to the Fall major.

are you reading a different thread

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Radical posted:

i think carry is the least forgiving position to try and be next level from, it greatly favors consistent players.

Its really not at the moment. Most drafts these days are set up to let your carry/mid go yolo and have your supports be the consistent ones saving them with graves/snowballs/force/etc.

The 4 carries in the finals of the last 2 majors have been Agressif, Fear, EE, and n0tail. Fear was a pretty consistent player, but the rest of them are all super aggressive play-making 1s.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Firebatgyro posted:

Its really not at the moment. Most drafts these days are set up to let your carry/mid go yolo and have your supports be the consistent ones saving them with graves/snowballs/force/etc.

The 4 carries in the finals of the last 2 majors have been Agressif, Fear, EE, and n0tail. Fear was a pretty consistent player, but the rest of them are all super aggressive play-making 1s.

Somewhere out there, XBOCT weeps at not being able to rule this meta.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Radical posted:

That's the point, though. EE isn't consistent and his lows are a lot lower than his highs.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
mlyp except its very consistent

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

CampingCarl posted:

EE can both be a really good player and baffle scientists at the same time. No one would care about a bad player making bad plays.

I can confirm this, I am a bad player who makes bad plays and the there are only 4 other people in the world who care. Sometimes 3.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

12 minutes and brood is almost through the T3

well na'vi at least there's last chance???

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Where did Ditty Ra Racing come from? He's been playing with Navi for a while now but I've never heard of him other than that.

He's p. good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Where did Ditty Ra Racing come from? He's been playing with Navi for a while now but I've never heard of him other than that.

He's p. good

Power Rangers and NLG

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Zurreco posted:

That's the point, though. EE isn't consistent and his lows are a lot lower than his highs.
The man has won major dota tournaments worth $$$ lately, I think his highs are sufficient.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

DJ DAKOTA ON THE WHEELS OF STEEL, SPINNIN' ALL THE FRESHEST GAMING REMIX TRACKS FOR YOU E-SPORTS E-FICIONADOS OUT THERE *air horn* *fart noise*

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

http://beyondthesummit.tv/the-summit-4-talent-list/

gently caress off flax

e: you too ld I know you're reading this you goddamn medicine man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://beyondthesummit.tv/the-summit-4-talent-list/

gently caress off flax

e: you too ld I know you're reading this you goddamn medicine man

Has skrff's chin always looked like a giant hairy ballsack or is it just that picture

• Locked thread