Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
It's not a power glove, it's a power FIST :black101:

I am really liking the Ash/Pablo/Kelly dynamic. I know it's not going to happen but it would be hilarious if Pablo ended up being the true Jefe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pablo has that crazy Juju though. With the amulet and the fires burning, I'm betting that he's like a shaman or something as well.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

Pablo has that crazy Juju though. With the amulet and the fires burning, I'm betting that he's like a shaman or something as well.

His rad hairstyle probably gives him superpowers like Samson from the Bible.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I love this show.

frgildan fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 3, 2015

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah for me the fact that the show is only half an hour works. They go to a location, stuff happens in that location, it's resolved, and they leave. It's nice and tidy, and fast.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

And the next week Lucy Lawless shows up wherever Ash and Co were the week before and tortures and kills whatever Deadites are left over :allears:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I really hope she catches up to them this week, bonus points if the cop dies in the process.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I kind of like the cop lady. She's a great straight man to all the weirdness of the show.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I'm on the fence about the cop, because so far it seems like she's one of these character written only to be wrong about everything, all the time. Maybe she'll get to do some stuff now that she's road tripping with Lawless.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Require More Fire posted:

I'm on the fence about the cop, because so far it seems like she's one of these character written only to be wrong about everything, all the time. Maybe she'll get to do some stuff now that she's road tripping with Lawless.

She would be much better if she weren't such a terrible actress in this for some reason. I don't remember her being so bad on Sleepy Hollow.

Also, she's 40? I would never have guessed that.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah, the biggest problem with her isn't the 'constantly wrong' characterization; that could still be compelling, if it was acted well. The trouble is her performance is just so flat almost all the time that all we have is 'she's wrong and also bored'.

Being stuck opposite Lucy Lawless, who is loving this poo poo, isn't much help there either, because it just emphasizes how bland her delivery is. Hopefully she gets better as things go on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She should stay based solely on being drop dead gorgeous.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Man, as good as this show is it would have been unbearably rad if it was just Campbell and Lawless as a team killing deadites coast to coast.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

She would be much better if she weren't such a terrible actress in this for some reason. I don't remember her being so bad on Sleepy Hollow.

Yes, there's only one black actress that plays a cop on TV. You have to understand her acting is so strained because she is so overworked between Sleepy Hollow, Ash vs Evil Dead, The Wire, Person of Interest, and don't forget her 1st television role on 21 Jump Street. :cop::derp:

Edit: It seems I'm the idiot for jumping to conclusions that you mixed up the leads...

Nyc_Tattoo fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 3, 2015

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Require More Fire posted:

Man, as good as this show is it would have been unbearably rad if it was just Campbell and Lawless as a team killing deadites coast to coast.

There actually was a Army of Darkness/ Xena crossover comic a while back:

Appropriately enough it was subtitled "why not?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Apparently there was more than one. One of them had Gabrielle get knocked up by Ash or Autolycus and hijinks ensued as no-one knew which one it really was.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

Yes, there's only one black actress that plays a cop on TV. You have to understand her acting is so strained because she is so overworked between Sleepy Hollow, Ash vs Evil Dead, The Wire, Person of Interest, and don't forget her 1st television role on 21 Jump Street. :cop::derp:

Edit: It seems I'm the idiot for jumping to conclusions that you mixed up the leads...

She was Irving's wife on Sleepy Hollow, though I'm guessing that's what your edit implies?

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

She was Irving's wife on Sleepy Hollow, though I'm guessing that's what your edit implies?

Yes, again I'm an idiot.

I have to admit I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow somewhere in the 2nd season, it just got to be too much, oh I don't know, soap operary and too convoluted. After a few seasons of Sleepy Hollow it felt like you needed a Venn diagram to figure out who was working for who and who was related to who.

Nyc_Tattoo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 4, 2015

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
God drat it I hate cop lady's character so much. I half expected her to try to arrest them all again after the battle at the restaurant.

The series finale is going to be Ash defeating Evil and raising his arms in triumph then a loving pair of handcuffs getting slapped on his wrist.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Wait what battle at what restaurant? Did I miss an ep or something?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's in the previews.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

They also put the episode online crazy early. I think I could have watched it at 9 in the morning.

I just finished it, more to come once it is broadcast.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Restaurant...:gonk: :black101: :nms:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
His pick up line in the diner was loving amazing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was some prime Evil Dead carnage.

Also loved Kelly's diner rampage. She is already better at this than is probably healthy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming that isn't the end of Lucy Lawless, exploding and all.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this? posted:

I'm assuming that isn't the end of Lucy Lawless, exploding and all.

Considering she's a 'back stabber' to The Evil, she cannot be human, like we suspected.

The REAL question is where did Mr Handy get off to this time.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It is the most "Ash" thing that he not only tried to pull a seduction routine on the waitress to get out of paying the bill, but that he honestly expected it to work and actually went to the men's room.

And used a bunch of cinnamon candies as cologne.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I screamed when Lucy Lawless exploded in the fire.

I said :tviv: during the battle.

I cringed (and cheered) during the meat slicer scene.

I laughed my rear end off at Pablo's face during the meat slicer scene.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Now that's what I call fan service!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Command Ant posted:

Now that's what I call fan service!

:golfclap:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ok, is that the official end of cop lady being a massive oval office? Please say yes.

Also, I honestly thought it was the hand in the trunk making the sounds.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Maxwell Lord posted:

It is the most "Ash" thing that he not only tried to pull a seduction routine on the waitress to get out of paying the bill, but that he honestly expected it to work and actually went to the men's room.

And used a bunch of cinnamon candies as cologne.

The best part about it is that at one point in time this probably worked for Ash. Like maybe around the mid 80's.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

The best part about it is that at one point in time this probably worked for Ash. Like maybe around the mid 80's.

He clearly operates on the philosophy that if you take 100 shots you'll eventually hit something.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Maxwell Lord posted:

He clearly operates on the philosophy that if you take 100 shots you'll eventually hit something.

Shotgun for a hand, baby.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Holy poo poo that episode was amazing. This already has a season 2 confirmed right?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was such a great episode. I was cackling the whole time. His cheesy and hilarious lines after slicing up deadites are the best.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah.

Good ep. This show is drat funny,

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Shoot first, think never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
this show is way better than it has any right to be

• Locked thread