Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summit 4?
This poll is closed.
OG 54 26.60%
OG 36 17.73%
OG 57 28.08%
OG 56 27.59%
Total: 203 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

http://beyondthesummit.tv/the-summit-4-talent-list/

gently caress off flax

e: you too ld I know you're reading this you goddamn medicine man

from context I think you mean like snake oil salesman or something? I don't think medicine man has the connotation you're looking for...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

gently caress off flax

Gross, SirActionSlacks is gonna be there :barf:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

god bless u mozart

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
whew at least there's a countdown up so I can mute the stream

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

jBrereton posted:

The man has won major dota tournaments worth $$$ lately, I think his highs are sufficient.

So your logic is that Secret, the team that was winning a bunch of tourneys and went to TI as the early favorites before EE was scavenged, is now winning tournaments because EE joined? I think their current success has very little to do with EE compared to how much the rest of the team contributes individually. Hell, I think Secret would have more wins, especially at Frankfurt, if EE weren't there.

But, whatever. This horse is dead.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zurreco posted:

So your logic is that Secret, the team that was winning a bunch of tourneys and went to TI as the early favorites before EE was scavenged, is now winning tournaments because EE joined? I think their current success has very little to do with EE compared to how much the rest of the team contributes individually. Hell, I think Secret would have more wins, especially at Frankfurt, if EE weren't there.

I don't normally get into these slapfights but lol, a bunch of the games at Grankfurt were won explicitly because EE. you are wrong

like i don't even really care for ee i think he is a weab bozo but there if you replaced EE with any other player in the world, they would have lost to EG in those games, no other carry would have played those games the way he did and found the win~

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 4, 2015

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Zurreco posted:

At least he has something to back up the argument, Secret has been winning tournaments and is arguably the best team in the world post-TI5. You're argument is basically "I've seen some EE memes so that guy is terrible and every game Secret loses is because of him. Haha good luck countering that!"

Also, do you not realize that current Secret only has 1 member from TI5 Secret? What does their winning tourneys pre-TI5 and going in as the favorite have to do with anything? Rtz, Zai, Kuroky and S4 are gone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gently caress off flax

stop inviting siractionslacks to poo poo goddamn

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
SF with no CS at 4 minutes :stare:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
EE won the EG series by playing the double Rapier Ember pretty well, I'll give him that. He then hosed up enough in the grand finals and effectively lost the series for his team. That's the onus that carries have, but it's also disproportiobate for him. If people honestly think that EE is not the weakest individual player on Secret because his team wins games, so be it.

It's not like I haven't been watching pro dotes for a long time to develop these opinions. If you think I'm just bandwagoning because I saw a photo or two in this thread, I don't know what to tell you.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Zurreco posted:

EE won the EG series by playing the double Rapier Ember pretty well, I'll give him that. He then hosed up enough in the grand finals and effectively lost the series for his team. That's the onus that carries have, but it's also disproportiobate for him. If people honestly think that EE is not the weakest individual player on Secret because his team wins games, so be it.

It's not like I haven't been watching pro dotes for a long time to develop these opinions. If you think I'm just bandwagoning because I saw a photo or two in this thread, I don't know what to tell you.

Dude your last post was about how we should discount Secret's success at Frankfurt with EE because a completely different team also named Secret were the favorites for TI5.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The "completely sacrifice your mid hero to get nothing done on the other lanes" strat is interesting but I'm not sure it's the play

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I don't think I have ever seen Secret get stomped as hard as they are right now.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Secret are getting stomped into like dust right now, holy hell.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

wtf secret holy poo poo

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Groovelord Neato posted:

stop inviting siractionslacks to poo poo goddamn

seriously holy poo poo the fucker's insufferable

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Its a completely meaningless series for Secret, they're probably just trying some poo poo out

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Firebatgyro posted:

Its a completely meaningless series for Secret, they're probably just trying some poo poo out

It's okay to say this, but an SF with no last hits 4 minutes into the game at mid is some serious poo poo. Like not even loving around gets you that kind of total lack of farm mid.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

how is it completely meaningless unless this is working on the theory that 'they don't really want to go to Starladder?" Was pretty sure they needed to 2-0 this?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I don't know what Envy was doing that game not helping to secure SF's early farm mid. What a garbage player. Another loss on him, to go with the two losses yesterday because of his drafts.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sandbagging till the next major

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

how is it completely meaningless unless this is working on the theory that 'they don't really want to go to Starladder?" Was pretty sure they needed to 2-0 this?

Oh you are right I was looking at the wrong groups. Well this next game is definitely meaningless

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Radical posted:

sandbagging till the next major

at least pick something fun then, gosh, it's all their same normal heroes. :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

Maybe they just really really want a rematch against OG in the Last Chance bracket.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Misery makes a tremendously bad play to feed a kill to Slardar . . . :argh: loving Envy!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Good job Secret

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Secrekt

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I'm pretty sure CIS-R are winning the Winter Major

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

mikeraskol posted:

Misery makes a tremendously bad play to feed a kill to Slardar . . . :argh: loving Envy!

Other players on secret making mistakes does not mean that EE isn't a factor in Secret's losses. He makes some seriously terrible decisions on a regular basis. Unnecessary deaths and buybacks are a basically a staple of his play.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Whats happening

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The new CIS rejects roster is actually legit, it's not just secret playing like poo poo (but that helps obviously). Iceberg is a great mid.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Secret is playing like they forgot Dota was a game that existed.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

secret are just throwing on purpose, right?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Angrymantium posted:

Other players on secret making mistakes does not mean that EE isn't a factor in Secret's losses. He makes some seriously terrible decisions on a regular basis. Unnecessary deaths and buybacks are a basically a staple of his play.

Unnecessary deaths and buybacks are not basically a staple of his play, but putting that to the side the guy I'm making fun of said that Envy was responsible for almost all of Secret's losses. The point I'm making is that, unless you literally know nothing about Dota, that's a ridiculous thing to say. Every bad play in a game matters. Envy may have to overextend or farm dangerously because of a bad early game due to Misery playing poorly, etc.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Sometimes you have to take risks when mistakes from your team cause you to fall behind

Not to say he's a perfect player at all, he does his share of dumb poo poo completely out of nowhere, but you can't just look at what he does in a vacuum and always say it's just bad decision making. Sometimes it's a risk you have to take to get back into the game, and it doesn't always work

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Actually hilarious.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

There it is

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

Unnecessary deaths and buybacks are not basically a staple of his play

lol

Taffer