Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

You might wanna check vote counts to findout why the tomm case is so small

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I did it for a few reasons:

1) To hopefully stop town from focusing on me. I know I always draw a lot of attention and can be an easy vote. By putting my claim out there early and without being under pressure, I want town to understand that I'm telling the truth and look for actual scum.
2) If I am successful in getting town to understand that I'm telling the truth, I hoping to put a thorn in the side of scum and draw a NK because I won't be lynched. If scum have to waste a night killing me, it's night they aren't trying to kill a town power role.
3) Sharing information is the only way town wins. I have shared my information, it's now up to town to choose to believe in it.

#3 is always why I still don't like Eccos 'claim' because she says town doesn't need to know information until it does, but I don't believe that is the case.

This is a post that exists in tyool 2015

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If we believe you today, that doesn't mean you aren't going to eat a lynch. Maybe today, sure, but in no way does that clear you in the future without a power role confirming you which would be dumb.

If sharing info is the only way town won then all games would be solved d1

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

If we believe you today, that doesn't mean you aren't going to eat a lynch. Maybe today, sure, but in no way does that clear you in the future without a power role confirming you which would be dumb.

If sharing info is the only way town won then all games would be solved d1

If you believe me today then there is no way you should ever hang me because you would be hanging town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

If you believe me today then there is no way you should ever hang me because you would be hanging town.

Mafia is not a game where an opinion on one day has to be the same as an opinion the next day.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I am free for much of today so I know it's somewhere in your post history but please relink it and I will critique it.

Ok.

D1 case

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is a weird voice of reason post coming from someone who was attempting to joke post for a pretty long time into their game time.

I don't agree with the assessment of the D1 but it's a bad dismissal of the day and inherent effort needed.

I figure he's voting Kash over Cpig since there's more momentum on Kash, but it's a really tacked on vote. He tries to incriminate Kash for the same he had on Cpig and it feels false since that's the by far the least egregious of things that could against Kash (personally I think kash's fine). It's especially strange because he starts off by casing Cpig. It feels like he wanted to build up to this vote but not actually just repeat the people who're already voting kash. Kash called it a 'me-too' vote and I'm calling it a shady me-too.

My final point has to do with tommunist not being around for deadline, but that's not good sportsmanship and hypocritical of me since I'll be sleeping by then.

##vote tommunist

D2

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote tommunist I was happy with my vote last night and today's effort is poor.

I really have to wonder what your process is when you decide to re-read people because this last bit seems to imply you do on a need-to-know basis as in "they seem like they're in hot water might as well wander my vote over that way".

How/why would you go back to Kash if you're not feeling the vote? Would it just so you can have a vote somewhere? You seem to lack all conviction on your play and I feel it stems because you're not motivated to actually hunt for scum because you are in fact one.

Feel free to address my previous case on you too if you like, since it still stands.

Some stuff on my ideas about the people voting Kash and Keane's interactions with other players. These mention you to a vast degree.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

These small build up's to TMM are interesting because if Ecco concedes they're not strong indicators of anything but he says them anyway. Like they're precursors to an attempted build-up to a vote on TMM. Ecco later does this again say he's got gut feelings on Kash. I've never been convinced about Kash's scumminess this game, and though I can be still be proved wrong, I do think he was likely the scum push other than Jake. Note that Tom and Ecco both voted Kash and both were missing from deadline and in my mind could feel comfortable doing so since they had nothing to lose. As scum it's to their advantage to lose the survivor and if worst comes to worst sheer numbers would've pushed people towards the next highest candidate. Assuming that neither Tom or Kash would vote themselves they'd of gotten a no-execution which also works to their advantage.

Looking back at Tommunist's comments that he's now going to read Ecco, it seems to comes from a place that he was ignoring Ecco because they could be scum together. I think that the could both definitely be scum independently but I certainly see how they could be scum together too frankly. More sure about Tommunist at this moment.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Keane's interaction with Tommunist after tommunist laments joke-phase.

Note his other interactions at this point were with PMush on her suspicion on Ecco and his back-forth with TMM. Afterwards he talks a bit with Jake after laying his vote down safely on him. It's notable who Keane talked to and didn't because he didn't talk to many people. Keane was pretty present in game too so those choices were deliberate. His interactions with TMM and Jake are functional around voting and defense, but he seems to talk Pmush down from suspicions towards Ecco and otherwise joke and acknowledges with Ecco and Tommunist in thread quite specifically. I honestly think the keane-vidence is more strongly stacked against Ecco.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
D1

Kashuno posted:

##vote Tomm gonna try this. His vote on me was bad and lazy, trying to keep the steamtrain on me going was bad.

D2

Kashuno posted:

I think it's just that so far this game my reads and the majority reads seem to intertwine. It happens on occasion, although I don't get the tomm case worth poo poo and think 100 is probably scum

Can you explain what your current read on Tomm is? I'm curious what he's posted since D1 that made you go from "his vote was bad and lazy" to "I don't get the tomm case worth poo poo".

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tomm isn't providing a ton of content, but I'm not feeling him very confidently today as I was yesterday and, in addition, the case against him right now isn't one I particularly agree with. 100 seems more like scum to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Tomm isn't providing a ton of content, but I'm not feeling him very confidently today as I was yesterday and, in addition, the case against him right now isn't one I particularly agree with. 100 seems more like scum to me.

What about it don't you agree with?

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Tommunist

(a) I see the constant promising of reading the game / providing content as a scumtell. (bolded stuff above)
(b) If he's not reading the game thoroughly, I find it hard to believe the one updated read he has was that Asii's case on Kash was good on D1 and bad on D2 (italics'ed stuff above)

Like I feel very strong about Tomm being scum and I'm just curious to hear you argue devil's advocate.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious why you find Tomm scummy for saying he will reread while offering opinions such as:

Tommunist posted:

Re-reading through people/ the thread, but kinda cooling of CPig as scum, not so keen on kashuno, but gonna fully re-read him, havn't read ecco/TTM so gonna have a looksies aat them.

Are you bothered by this?

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm not really reading the game so I don't have strong opinions but I think it's understandable why people aren't quick to accept the claim. I buy it, but that's because it's the simplest explanation

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So, why doesn't anyone think Ecco is an SK?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I'm curious why you find Tomm scummy for saying he will reread while offering opinions such as:

Are you bothered by this?

I'll answer yours after you answer mine. Why don't you think Tomm is scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

It never occured to me! But we already had a Survivor and two 3Ps in a 13-player game feels like a lot.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I suppose, it just seems like "hey I killed scum but I won't tell you anything else about my role bye" is a bit suspicious, and my mind goes right to sk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To be clear; answering this:

Murmur Twin posted:

What about it don't you agree with?

is why I posted the two posts side by side; the posts both have similar things (although, admittedly, not exactly identical) and one seems to be more bothersome than the other. Perhaps it is the amount of times Tomm has said it, but eh. Tomm seems to be at least attempting to put in some effort, even if it isn't great. I don't really think his content is strong, but I also don't think it's coming from a fake place. In retrospect, based on the rest of his play, his d1 vote on me makes more sense.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Yeah like murmur said having a survivor seemed like enough. Also the coded breadcrumb kinda made me forget SK was a thing. I haven't really played with many SK so my mind doesn't go them naturally.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Regarding Taste - despite his not reading much, I believe that his opinions (Jake being a good vote, Ecco's claim likely being true) are genuine opinions. My case isn't "people who aren't reading are scum". My case is that in Tomm's votes for you, he twice references "the other case on you".

Tommunist posted:

I'm going to put down my vote on kashuno for his Jake P, plus the other case on him

Tommunist posted:

b) I'm really not getting scum vibes anymore from kashuno, my case on day one was based on not really thinking JakeP was a good vote, but i'm not really seeing JakeP as a bad vote anymore (as well as the other case on him not being amazing)

For reference, here is the other case on you.

Asiina posted:

Enough about that though, I don't know if you are scum, but I do think Kashuno is scum and want to make a case. He's done a lot of contentless voting, including voting Chic, unvoting, and then voting for her again, all based on Madman's points but doesn't explain what he likes about them.

Kashuno, what about Madman's original case did you like that was changed by Chic not voting Madman, and then how did that relate to your later vote on her?

I also don't like the comments about metagame that don't involve giving opinions about people while still looking like he's active:

I also don't understand this thing with Ecco.

So was Ecco's post a scum post? Why do you want to vote for Ecco? Why does other people's meta reads matter? What is going on.

This is a poorly formatted case, since some of it is talking about Kashuno and some of it is talking to Kashuno, but this is my case against Kashuno, please everyone read it and vote with me tia.

My assertion is that he's claiming to have read this case, enough for it to have been the driving force between his vote D1 and to have dismissed it on D2. I don't think he's telling the truth, given that he hasn't had a solid opinion on anything else in the game yet.

Kashuno posted:

Tomm seems to be at least attempting to put in some effort, even if it isn't great.

[citation needed]

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

is why I posted the two posts side by side; the posts both have similar things (although, admittedly, not exactly identical) and one seems to be more bothersome than the other. Perhaps it is the amount of times Tomm has said it, but eh. Tomm seems to be at least attempting to put in some effort, even if it isn't great. I don't really think his content is strong, but I also don't think it's coming from a fake place. In retrospect, based on the rest of his play, his d1 vote on me makes more sense.

But it's not even that. It's promises of effort and *poof* he's gone. It's somehow worse than the lurkers since I just forget they're even here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

[citation needed]

:drat:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

I just re read 100 and I can see where you are coming from, I have been scum with 100 before and I feel like he acted like he's doing now.

hmmm

I still feel like tomm may be scum though , but only because I don't quite think I've seen him act like he has this game before. Usually he's much more talkative.

I'm ok with my vote on tomm, but would consider moving to 100 if needed.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

if I'm an SK and if there are second kills every night I will probably regret claiming. if I'm an SK who killed scum I will probably regret killing scum and announcing it so strongly since it puts a target on my back, unless I'm BP I guess.

it's all pretty dumb opop

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Cpig can you talk to me about why you're so positive ecco isn't scum (regardless of her claim, which came after you had first stated that opinion iirc)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Cpig can you talk to me about why you're so positive ecco isn't scum (regardless of her claim, which came after you had first stated that opinion iirc)

Because Ecco is responsible for the death of a scum(scum generally frown on this), AND there was no other kill so ecco pretty much has to be a PGO of some kind because if he was an SK wouldn't there have been a second kill?

(I mean I suppose the scum nk could have gotten blocked or hit a docced target)

BUT I felt Ecco's townieness (lol) before there was even the results of the first night.

I feel very strongly that Ecco is a good guy this game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I expect Ecco is 3p of some sort but I don't think he's scum, which is the question to ponder arm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think Ecco is the godfather and she and Keane cooked this plan up together because Ecco often gets lynched early. Keane is a player who finds bussing funny and this is the ultimate bus that also goes against Ecco's meta of never bussing.

By killing keane and claiming vig, Ecco gets immediate town cred and most likely doesn't have to worry about being tracked and will show as town to a cop investigation.

I think it's also important to note that she is still holding back with her claim. Also, she dropped a letter at the end of it when breaking it. I noticed it when trying to think of what ygl could mean, but all I can come up with is 'you guys lose'.

I know it's a crazy theory and people are going to say that the simplest explanation is probably right, but if everyone thought that then nobody would would question my claim because the simplest explanation is that I'm telling the truth.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I noticed it when trying to think of what ygl could mean, but all I can come up with is 'you guys lose'.

:aaaaa:

(she didn't drop one, there's a period at the start of that)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also keep in mind TMM you're saying that this all happened n1, on a night where neither player involved had any real suspicion levied on them yet. Seems weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

(she didn't drop one, there's a period at the start of that)

She did drop one letter. Original post:

EccoRaven posted:

##vote taste I am not a doctor I am instead:

d7*r7*iqg*42-k5* ri-7*

this made me very popular last game so let's do it again!!!!

EccoRaven posted:

You are all really, really flipping dumb.

I am going to prove my role! Right here:

Or, alternatively, look at where the numbers/letters are situated on a qwerty keyboard and shift your fingers down one row and to the right one or two keys. get rid of the asterisks and hyphens - that's just noise.

d7*r7*iqg*42-k5* ri

vigilante .ygl

wait .ygl??? what does that mean???

secrets, because I haven't actually claimed yet!

=====

I think the chances are like 80% good that at least one of the players who just snapped at me (for no good reason) is scum. They were so, so, so close to straight-up fakeclaiming that they killed keane but you guys had to go full not-smart an hour before I walk out the door and so I'm showing part of my hand now.

The rest are just very, very dumb town.

There should be an i at the end of it. Maybe for idiots?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

I think Ecco is the godfather and she and Keane cooked this plan up together because Ecco often gets lynched early. Keane is a player who finds bussing funny and this is the ultimate bus that also goes against Ecco's meta of never bussing.

By killing keane and claiming vig, Ecco gets immediate town cred and most likely doesn't have to worry about being tracked and will show as town to a cop investigation.

I think it's also important to note that she is still holding back with her claim. Also, she dropped a letter at the end of it when breaking it. I noticed it when trying to think of what ygl could mean, but all I can come up with is 'you guys lose'.

I know it's a crazy theory and people are going to say that the simplest explanation is probably right, but if everyone thought that then nobody would would question my claim because the simplest explanation is that I'm telling the truth.

That's a super bad scum plan honestly, who would even do that?

You're acting like some kind of tin foil hat man.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There are things people often do which they can break to go against their meta, and there are things that are so ingrained in how they play that they will not go against, and I believe for Ecco that NKing a scumbro is so completely against what she views mafia to be and how to play I will never, ever believe she would do that.

Ecco refuses to bus even to the point of losing the game and she will always take out the people who go after her because she breaks down the game into a numbers game. There are things she wouldn't do.

Either she is/was a BP PGO or there was a doctor/roleblocker who did a good job and are not coming forward for extremely obvious reasons.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Also keep in mind TMM you're saying that this all happened n1, on a night where neither player involved had any real suspicion levied on them yet. Seems weird.

I understand that. I admitted that it's a completely crazy theory. But it also gives Ecco a great cover and likely means she won't be investigated.

Everyone is always quick to think that vigs always town but it's also a question of whether a 13 player game is going to have a vig in it because it's not a guarantee for a small game like this one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Vig is absolutely reasonable in a game this size. Especially if the 3P is a non-killing role.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

She did drop one letter. Original post:

Ah I see what you're saying.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh my goodness gracious

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's a overly ballsy d1 play, regardless of ecco's meta poo poo. Risking the godfather doing the kill, on n1, on what is most likely a 3 person scum team, could very well lose the game d2.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Ecco refuses to bus even to the point of losing the game and she will always take out the people who go after her because she breaks down the game into a numbers game. There are things she wouldn't do.
as an aside, we lost the game because of an unlucky investigation, not because we didn't bus. bussing would have won that game - maybe - but it'd have lost us a hundred more easily.

TMMadman posted:

does anyone here think I am clever enough to come up with a code that could mean both "vigilante <secret additional word(s)>" and something else whose meaning changes with the addition of a final letter, and therefore I am scum who deliberately didn't include it to hide my secrets?

if so thank you! I like to think I am very smart and also beautiful. But in this particular case I did not do that, so thank you for believing in me anyway.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

It's a overly ballsy d1 play, regardless of ecco's meta poo poo. Risking the godfather doing the kill, on n1, on what is most likely a 3 person scum team, could very well lose the game d2.

Killing a scumbuddy is such a stupid flipping idea that I cannot believe we're even considering it - even if we are dismissing it outright.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The only time I ever willfully killed a scumbuddy was krellfia, because I was secretly an overpowered SK that was part of the scumteam, I was also the only scum member submitting any actions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ok.

D1 case

D2

Some stuff on my ideas about the people voting Kash and Keane's interactions with other players. These mention you to a vast degree.

- The Day 1 case is pretty good except I think Kash has been background-scummy all game. The parts not about that, though, is nice, I like it.

- I don't think the Day 2 case is very persuasive; I think him leaving a vote down is neutral, as is him saying he'll read players and not providing. It doesn't seem scummy, just not helpful (and town are often not helpful) (exhibit A <---????).

- I obviously disagree that "Interacting with Keane like Ecco did!" is bad. Again being away during a deadline is (or at least should be) a null tell, because the alternative - that people should have their real lives revolve a mafia game - is bonkers.

I give it a B-, solid start but the follow-through lacks conviction, please revise before the final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

There's no risk for the godfather on N1. They can't be copped and if they are tracked/watched it doesn't matter when the godfather claims vig. The only risk is when they actually claim vig if there is a counterclaim. I think that might actually be why Keane made that post about being a vig on D1 even though it was slightly tongue in cheek. To test the waters and see if anyone reacts to it.

• Locked thread