Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nothing of value was posted here.

Sorry.

New page needs old content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am disspointed. Isn't the USA the mecca of lawsuits? The place where you have to print on the the latte cup that it is to hot to imbibe rectally or risk somebody scalding their rectum?

Aren't Americans the litigious assholes mass media told me they are? Where are the seedy low-level attorneys?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mirificus posted:

I never thought I would encounter someone who would actually buy an AMD FX-9590 with its 220W TDP. I can't say that I'm surprised though that it would turn out to be in the hands of a Star Citizen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vf73e/ptu_gameplay_on_a_lower_spec_amd_fx_processor/cxn2uzl

Rofl of course one of the only people dumb enough to buy that piece of poo poo is also in to SC.

"Hi I'd like a 220w CPU that is dramatically out-performed by a 65w intel chip, thaaaaanks!!!"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gwaihir posted:

Rofl of course one of the only people dumb enough to buy that piece of poo poo is also in to SC.

"Hi I'd like a 220w CPU that is dramatically out-performed by a 65w intel chip, thaaaaanks!!!"

Actually, it's slightly more powerful than a 84w i7 4470K :downs:
Also, since it tops out at 5GHz singlecore, it would probably perform pretty well at SC

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

no_recall posted:

Peter, you did it. You're a full fledged game dev now.

Feels really good, seriously, I am part of Team Derek

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Wow these interviews are getting really uncomfortable, but cheers on the honesty!

https://sendvid.com/ogbos4z4

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sorry.

New page needs old content

:five:

Though maybe Octopode should be threepio and Bootcha should be chewie

ShredsYouSay fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 4, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

So we took it one step further. Because, you know, you can never be too sure.

Also, duplicate music track is fixed as well. Both thanks to you. Great job!

I have such a pride boner on right now I can't even tell you :v:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ZenMaster posted:

Wow these interviews are getting really uncomfortable, but cheers on the honesty!

I love it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ShredsYouSay posted:

:five:

Though maybe Octopode should be threepio and Bootcha should be chewie

bootcha can't be chewie, i don't want karl to drop a moon on him :ohdear:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

what a coincidence!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

This is a pro-click.

It's funny that CIG is held completely unaccountable when they deceive from within their own community, but a community backlash instantly forms once they try to deceive the mainstream.
I am amazed they have the capacity for embarrassment. It's proof they can temporarily suspend the distortion field long enough to see how the unwashed masses might see things differently.

The reflex rejection of criticisms of the slow progress, the poorly through through design choices, the instability-- all of those critiques are normally met with the go to defensive "IT'S PRE ALPHA!" and the original party is declared Derek Smart, a Goon, a troll, or some other party that is seen as "THE ENEMY".

Yet here, we see them making allowances for the possibility that the universe isn't divided only into believers and haters, there are actually neutral parties out there, parties CIG's backers might actually want to rally to the cause. And CIG being criticized BY SPERGS for fumbling the execution is a breakthrough moment of lucidity for them.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Spaced God posted:

Hi I'm your friendly pal Spaced God and in the time it took for SC to reach $100M I graduated, moved 1,600 miles, and (if all goes well at 5:33PM EST) put a satellite into space. Star Citizen has done none of these things, so I think I am better than Croberts.

The live stream is saying it looks like you'll launch in 23 minutes or so: http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv/theater

Oh nevermind, a 30 minute hold or something. 5:33 it is.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 4, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I can't believe that after Ben Lesnick's excuse post they still haven't edited the trailer or description on Youtube. At least keep your story consistent; is it a mistake, or isn't it?

Maybe they need a different VP of marketing :confused:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

trucutru posted:

I am disspointed. Isn't the USA the mecca of lawsuits? The place where you have to print on the the latte cup that it is to hot to imbibe rectally or risk somebody scalding their rectum?

Aren't Americans the litigious assholes mass media told me they are? Where are the seedy low-level attorneys?

In order to sue someone you need a lawyer who thinks you can win and a judge who doesn't think you're a joke. It can be very difficult for people to find both of these.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

:captainpop:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

trucutru posted:

I am disspointed. Isn't the USA the mecca of lawsuits?

Mecca is very unamerican

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

This is a pro-click.

It's funny that CIG is held completely unaccountable when they deceive from within their own community, but a community backlash instantly forms once they try to deceive the mainstream.

I like how Ben explains it was an error, but it's a video Star Citizen is hosting on their own youtube channel and are conveniently not taking it down/adding annotations.

IT'S A CHRISTMAS CASH GRAB

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Actually, it's slightly more powerful than a 84w i7 4470K :downs:
Also, since it tops out at 5GHz singlecore, it would probably perform pretty well at SC

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1289?vs=1260 Check out the Cinebench R15 single threaded score, then laugh uproariously.

Or http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1289?vs=1501 for the 65w version, which also happens to be waaay better for gaming thanks to it's L4 eDRAM.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ZenMaster posted:

Did he say "we're exploiting players within the Million Mile High Club" at 1:44? :psyduck:

Am I a moron if I missed the fact that this is parody because I don't know what these people sound like normally?

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Did he say "we're exploiting players within the Million Mile High Club" at 1:44? :psyduck:

Am I a moron if I missed the fact that this is parody because I don't know what these people sound like normally?

He said 'exposing' as if to an infection.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mecca is very unamerican

The Disneyland of lawsuits?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Mustache Ride posted:

The live stream is saying it looks like you'll launch in 23 minutes or so: http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv/theater

Oh nevermind, a 30 minute hold or something. 5:33 it is.

30 minute launch window opens at 22:33:12 UTC
(ohmygodohmygodohmygod)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loiosh posted:

He said 'exposing' as if to an infection.

Jesus Chris their awkward attempts at humor combined with my poor english had me believing this was some sort of joke/freudian_slip.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

trucutru posted:

The Disneyland of lawsuits?

With ice cream trees and popcorn and mickey mouse*

-Reb Brown

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gwaihir posted:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1289?vs=1260 Check out the Cinebench R15 single threaded score, then laugh uproariously.

Or http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1289?vs=1501 for the 65w version, which also happens to be waaay better for gaming thanks to it's L4 eDRAM.

I stand corrected

I was more like :catstare: though

gently caress but AMD really sucks nowadays it seems. Or is it mostly the high tier CPUs that are so far behind?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

I stand corrected

gently caress but AMD really sucks nowadays it seems. Or is it mostly the high tier CPUs that are so far behind?

Nope they're just really really that bad.

They're coming out with a new architecture in later 2016 that is supposed to be almost maybe probably equivalent to Intel's Haswell chips. So they're going to leap from being ~5-6 generations behind to only 2!

Of course these claims are from AMD marketing and how well it performs when it finally appears is of course a mystery.

Either way, in all aspects, it is the perfect product line for a Star Citizen enthusiast.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gwaihir posted:

They're coming out with a new architecture in later 2016 that is supposed to be almost maybe probably equivalent to Intel's Haswell chips. So they're going to leap from being ~5-6 generations behind to only 2!

Of course these claims are from AMD marketing and how well it performs when it finally appears is of course a mystery.

Either way, in all aspects, it is the perfect product line for a Star Citizen enthusiast.

I have a vague recollection of hearing the same about their last like four architecture changes

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

I stand corrected

Nope, pretty much everything they make is poo poo. But I guess some people might get the wrong idea about AMD stuff being somewhat suitable for SC thanks to:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I can't believe that after Ben Lesnick's excuse post they still haven't edited the trailer or description on Youtube. At least keep your story consistent; is it a mistake, or isn't it?

Maybe they need a different VP of marketing :confused:
But I thought Sandi was supposed to be a marketing genius?

Gwaihir posted:

It seemed ever so appropriate to see an FX-9590 in the hands of a Star Citizen.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
AMD gpus are very good, though the high end isn't competitive with nvidia this last gen because they went for the (then highly experimental) 3d stacked ram. Too expensive for not enough bang. I'm sure they'd have done better with older tech.

They also have some really, really good APUs that'd do well in laptops for normal laptop stuff + some light gaming. Much better than anything intel can put together anyway. But, for some reason all OEMs put AMD chips in 15" 1366x768 shitboxes.

Their desktop CPUs are absolute poo poo, though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

It seemed ever so appropriate to see an FX-9590 in the hands of a Star Citizen.

There's one particular star citizen I spoke to a long time ago, who's all AMD.

Has AMD CPU, AMD GPU, AMD Mobo, even an AMD SSD. Says this (especially the AMD SSD) makes it run better, because it's all from AMD :cripes:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vgu0c/for_those_who_still_care_the_big_star_citizen/

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Spaced God posted:

30 minute launch window opens at 22:33:12 UTC
(ohmygodohmygodohmygod)

Thanks for the blue space balls, Chris

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The smart shitizen chooses AMD so he can mine bitcoin while he mines in the Verse,

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Truga posted:

There's one particular star citizen I spoke to a long time ago, who's all AMD.

Has AMD CPU, AMD GPU, AMD Mobo, even an AMD SSD. Says this (especially the AMD SSD) makes it run better, because it's all from AMD :cripes:
They're missing the extra performance they could be getting from AMD Radeon™ Memory.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure they had that too.

e: I fell through the planet twice in space engineers today. :(

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

death .cab for qt posted:

Thanks for the blue space balls, Chris

Literally the worst anticipation anxiety I've had in awhile.
TIME TO DO IT A THIRD TIME TOMORROW!

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

phosdex posted:

i submitted my refund request on nov 5. On nov. 17 and 18 I finally got some responses but not an actual we have started the refund or anything. Just are you sure you want to, blah blah. On Nov 20, Mike Meaden sent out to everyone that he had ~110 tickets left in queue so be patient. I still have not received any follow-up since the 18th. So these guys aren't even getting through 10 tickets a day.

This almost exactly mirrors where I am in the refund dance as well. You're not the only one waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

ZenMaster posted:

I loved it! :)

• Locked thread