Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Can we do multiple?

A + B + C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Cornuto posted:

Maybe we'll finally get a Larry-bird buddy?
For what it matters, that Roc could eat thing thing in no more than three bites. This eagle is very large, but it is tiny compared to that Roc you killed.

Trundel posted:

Great work guys, keep it going! :allears:

Diog, any word on animals in the old tales turning against demons and foes of man?
Yes. Melachim, heroes and kings in various stories command wild animals to fight demons, or to otherwise serve them in righteous, El approved ways, some combative, some not. Mastery over the beasts of the field is a well known Blooded power. And indeed, don't you have some degree of such powers yourself?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Can we ask our laurels about this situation?
Your headwear dos not respond.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Cornuto posted:

Can we do multiple?

A + B + C
I see no reason you could not, but you know a thing or two about story telling. One story with one clear theme may have more of a dramatic impact on those present. But there is certainly no reason you could not tell them more than one.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

FoxTerrier posted:

That's...interesting. Did the powers that be just let Goliath's essence go to Mt. Har?
It did indeed move in a straight line towards Mount Har.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Northeast, huh? I guess El was able to claim it because this is sanctified land. Now the question, is Goliath getting a chance on Mt. Har, or was he pulled of to Mt. Har so that El can rend his soul apart personally? Given the fury we've seen previously ... I know which answer I'd bet on.

Anyway, loving E. The El story is great, but we'll have a lot of time to tell them the specifics of El's story. Enkidel's story will speak to them though. We've been in their shoes, we were them. Connect with them on a fundamental level. It still says El is great, but let's them know that we really understand them.

The only downside to these El is fantastic and always triumphs speeches is that it's going to be really rough if/when we have to leave a load of them behind to die.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
E

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Goliath went to Mount Har because the SoulVacuum(TM) gets *everything* that isn't immediately absorbed by wearing a Pokéball around your neck.
All the other giants we've killed have had their orbs on them at the time, and are thusly going to be El-vaporated in the coming sacrifice.

Actually, thinking about it...

Question for Diog:
When we killed the last Slave-Giant, did we see a yellow spectre? Where did it go?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Goliath went to Mount Har because the SoulVacuum(TM) gets *everything* that isn't immediately absorbed by wearing a Pokéball around your neck.
All the other giants we've killed have had their orbs on them at the time, and are thusly going to be El-vaporated in the coming sacrifice.

Actually, thinking about it...

Question for Diog:
When we killed the last Slave-Giant, did we see a yellow spectre? Where did it go?

IRC Question posted:

20:16:25 | <Thaumocrates> when we killed the slave giant
20:16:29 | <Thaumocrates> where did his ghost go?

The vapor which left its corpse soared to northeast, directly towards Mount Har.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 5, 2015

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
A

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Good question; interesting answer.

Goliath is getting smote to smithereens on Mt. Har right now.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

E

Looks like El likes it when we kill demons.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I've decided: e

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
When the first giant's orb was sacrificed, wasn't it the captive human souls that were carried off to Har, while the yellow giant soul was rended apart into nothing on the spot?

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

E

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Skellybones posted:

When the first giant's orb was sacrificed, wasn't it the captive human souls that were carried off to Har, while the yellow giant soul was rended apart into nothing on the spot?

Yup, but that was during a sacrifice, El was right there. Kinda.

Yeeeeah, vote E people, it's so much cooler.

Or keep voting A if a clear majority gets us to the update faster. Whatever. Psyched.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
E!! change to A our story is good but they should start at the start yeah.

Also I'm real proud of our sons. :3:

a cat irl fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 5, 2015

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Hopefully there isn't just a fizzle and nothing burns. It'd be pretty hilarious to have to deal with the fallout from nothing happening tho.

Amazed
Dec 29, 2009
A

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
A

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B.

Rahul makes a good point. A.

Waci fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 5, 2015

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

Hopefully there isn't just a fizzle and nothing burns. It'd be pretty hilarious to have to deal with the fallout from nothing happening tho.

Yeah, be a terrible time to find out that our assumption that we'll be getting lots of praise and respect ends up invalidating the 'spirit of sacrifice' or something. Bad time for El to teach us a moral lesson :(

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Theglavwen posted:

Yeah, be a terrible time to find out that our assumption that we'll be getting lots of praise and respect ends up invalidating the 'spirit of sacrifice' or something. Bad time for El to teach us a moral lesson :(

If this was the case public Manhood Trial sacrifices wouldn't be a thing.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Theglavwen posted:

Yup, but that was during a sacrifice, El was right there. Kinda.

Yeeeeah, vote E people, it's so much cooler.

Or keep voting A if a clear majority gets us to the update faster. Whatever. Psyched.

I like E, and really want to tell them that story soon, but I don't think it is right for this occasion. This sacrifice is all about bringing these people into El's fold. I feel that we should not be glorifying ourselves, or doing anything to draw their focus onto us instead of El.

Also, the creation myth has been shown to be a very big deal by multiple sources. It was the very first thing we ever remember hearing, on or perhaps before(?) our birth. It was the first thing Tudiya told us as he rescued us from Athar. The melachim Asahel used his dying breaths to try and tell it to us. Something about this story, even the possibly slightly modified church of El version seems to be important, and I've got a really strong gut feeling that anything other than that speech for this occasion is going to be a misstep.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A, start at the beginning!

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
E

edit: Rahul convinced me. A

rex monday fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 5, 2015

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Rahul posted:

I like E, and really want to tell them that story soon, but I don't think it is right for this occasion. This sacrifice is all about bringing these people into El's fold. I feel that we should not be glorifying ourselves, or doing anything to draw their focus onto us instead of El.

Eh, E is still all about praising El, just framing it in a personal way that should speak to these guys quite intimately. It's all about how El saved us from similar circumstances, and how through El's might and grace we have prospered. A's the standard El story, and while it'll certainly make an impact on them, I think the essence of 'El is great' gets covered pretty well by either option, and they're bound to hear the gospel of El many times soon. Now's our chance to really speak to their hearts however, inspire hope as well as awe and fear.

But yeah, both are good.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
A+E

Was going to vote straight E - but Rahul is right.

I think A and E would be great, and what we should vote for. Give them the story of El, and creation - then explain why we, their savior, did what we did in El's name.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

H-Nothing's ever easy, kiddies. Once I get some of you to Kavodel, I think I'll be expanding the mines...

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
C

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Also, I think it's pretty loving metal that a nine foot tall white eagle ripped Goliath's flesh then looked us straight in the eye and "CAAAAAW!" Like that's a pretty loving precise message.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Well, ok big guy, you've convinced me.

A+E

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

A

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A Hoping for a way to get these people out of here.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

MAKES THE FACE THAT MAKES THE UPDATES DROP

A.
We have plenty of time to tell the rest later.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

A. Every great story has an origin and the story of El is the greatest of them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Diog declared "Morning." and there was great sorrow.