Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Supposedly they only got low ones similar to Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

This is all Chinese whispers but to add to it apparently Renault got a decent deal but its back loaded so they only start to see real money if they see through their contract.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I love drama, I love all the nerdy technical stuff, I love the rules and loopholes and working out what elements of all of this will effect what, I really do, but I truly, honestly, do not give one single gently caress about who makes what part of red bull's engine.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Nobody does. That's why this is the worst thread.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can't we just talk about who in formula 1 we would be totally be gay/straight for (past and present) or what the perfect soundtrack to a race would be instead?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

No.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
k

We could vote for the MDC but then again that would be pretty useless as it's clearly our Seb.

um. Renault have been banging on about how Lotus/Renault will be champions within 3 years. I'm all out of news because Renault/red bull have this cycle and unless someone else tries to bury anything or Lewis acts like a cock in public then there will be nothing else to report till next week when the force India poo poo hits the fan.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh wait, Mercedes had news that got lost. Stars and cars is going to pit drivers against each other in a death match.

http://m.crash.net/f1/news/225633/1/hamilton-v-hakkinen-at-mercedes-stars-cars.html

First round is.

Lewis Hamilton - Mika Häkkinen
Christian Vietoris - Maximilian Götz
Paul di Resta - David Coulthard
Pascal Wehrlein - Jean Alesi
Daniel Juncadella - Lucas Auer
Gary Paffett - Bernd Schneider
Robert Wickens - Bernd Mayländer
Nico Rosberg - Mick Schumacher

I do hope Lewis actually turns up and get's whomped.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So Lewis gets paired up against a multi-time WDC while Nico gets to race against a child.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

You can't have two petulant children facing off against each other.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well Bernd Schneider sure is alive. Good for him.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

gret posted:

So Lewis gets paired up against a multi-time WDC while Nico gets to race against a child.

So they paired Nico with Lewis?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, Paul di Resta vs David Coulthard? That sounds super exciting!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

Can't we just talk about who in formula 1 we would be totally be gay/straight for (past and present) or what the perfect soundtrack to a race would be instead?

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I for one predict Maylander breezing through to the final and then soundly beating Lewis. Lewis will then piss and moan about how if it was a F1 car race and not a safety car race he would have won.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
What happened to that spreadsheet prediction thing for the season? Who won that? Where is it?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Aaand Sochi loses it's funding from the local government:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_F1_RUSSIAN_GP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-04-09-20-55

I assume Uncle Putin will declare it a Western conspiracy (and pony up with the necessary funds)

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

RALF posted:

Oh man, Paul di Resta vs David Coulthard? That sounds super exciting!

Look on the bright side, they just guaranteed one of them going out in the first round.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not sure this new Russian local government leader has been warned about Bernie yet.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Aaand Sochi loses it's funding from the local government:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_F1_RUSSIAN_GP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-04-09-20-55

I assume Uncle Putin will declare it a Western conspiracy (and pony up with the necessary funds)

lol, I've never watched a single Russian Grand Prix and I guess I never will now!!!

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Young Max wins personality of the year. Voted by his peers.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They thought they were voting for the most :frogdowns: looking driver.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Does anyone remember how the official catchphrase of the TAG-McLaren sponsorship was "don't crack under pressure"? Remember that?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

gret posted:

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
1) Who is more talented Kubica or Verstappen.

2) Who is more ugly Kubica or Verstappen.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Kubica and Kubica.

Verstappen looks weird and will probably grow up to look normalish. He's only 12 years old so keep that in mind, too.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Kubica is ugly in the traditional sense. Whereas Max is the otherwordly lovechild of a lizard and joan rivers, it would be like asking if a tree is ugly.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Not everyone can be as beautiful as Our Nando. Even in death.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Goodnight sweet Prince.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

AgentJotun posted:

1) Who is more talented Kubica or Verstappen.

2) Who is more ugly Kubica or Verstappen.

1) Verstappen because he's not killed himself

2) Verstappen, and that's saying a lot when compared to a rotting corpse.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Max is only four points away from a race ban. That will be amusing next year.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Venezuela apparently votes soon which seems like the current government will lose their majority cause Maduro is as charismatic as a certain R. Dennis and, also, a complete lack of poo poo tickets. Besides Maduro & Co. literally saying they will instigate an armed rebellion if they lose a majority I think the more important question is just how drastically this will affect Pastor & that sweet, sweet PDVSA money. I hope Renault wasn't counting on it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I always thought Facebook was more popular.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

rawillkill posted:

What happened to that spreadsheet prediction thing for the season? Who won that? Where is it?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1btvsrS-k4egcGxJyCuWQv8Ejgp6uZrBgTkQn2vSSyLM/edit#gid=2&vpid=B2

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Dudley posted:

Go back 3 years and it would've been Red Bull. Facebook is for sham artists.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Diet Crack posted:

Go back 3 years and it would've been Red Bull. Facebook is for sham artists.

I just donated 40B to charity. My facebook is great and not a sham

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Dudley posted:

Give it a few more years until Bernie realises what Facebook is and this is how the final race will be decided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

Venezuela apparently votes soon which seems like the current government will lose their majority cause Maduro is as charismatic as a certain R. Dennis and, also, a complete lack of poo poo tickets. Besides Maduro & Co. literally saying they will instigate an armed rebellion if they lose a majority I think the more important question is just how drastically this will affect Pastor & that sweet, sweet PDVSA money. I hope Renault wasn't counting on it.
I weep at the thought of a nation run by Ron Dennis.

• Locked thread