Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I suddenly felt the urge to vote again

kill yourself Enkidel

e: nicely timed post I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
You don't need to breathe. Focus on your training. Light the altar.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Task Manager posted:

No no! We do need to breathe!!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Torch the pyre and light the fire

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

Tomn posted:

Torch the pyre and light the fire

This

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
at least we know why we don't poop.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

If we manage to break through this and actually light the sacrifice this is going to be the mother of all fireworks considering the hardship we have to push through to make it happen. Tsar Bomba's gonna look like two pebbles falling on top of each other compared to this.

We'd...better hope El comes through some kind of teleport home because I don't think we're gonna stay hidden after this.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Task Manager posted:

This is a terrible idea! That was when we were firing off [???] willy-nilly and needed to burn some! Burning more is not going to help when we're craving it!!

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

FoxTerrier posted:

Light the altar you goddamn baby! DO IT!

This is my vote.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Huh, neat.

Why now? It started when we began talking about El. Something metaphysically poignant is going on with even a minor symbolic act of shifting praise away from us and to El. Something in us absolutely, terribly doesn't want to do it.

Or is it something in the soul orbs calling out to us? The Demon in the mace?

I'd love to know what happens when we eat these things. Maybe we'd discover that we're the same type of thing as whatever sits on the Mountain, that we can claim souls and be God in just the same way, that it really is an injustice that El is taking the glory and not us.

But then, even Amok, an ancient being like us, seemed to recognize that giving in meant the end. Resist was the command, and this was from someone who presumably knew what the gently caress he was talking about. Someone who attained all that power without giving in to hunger.

There's also the whole 'eating human souls' thing; even if we could become a God, it's probably not a great idea to anger an even bigger one right off the bat. We'd presumably be in a situation like the other powers out here, having to carve out our own territory, and given that right now we're sandwiched between El and "Amok", it doesn't seem like a good time to give in.

I do wonder if we'd be able to 'eat' without giving in to hunger entirely. We did it when Asahel fed us. I know in some alternate time-line once we gave in it was over, but that was with our well having actually emptied. Regardless, it's all idle speculation now.

I hope El appreciates this struggle.

Cook the food.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Loss of control is the worst. Torch that poo poo.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Light the Altar

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
Z. Just one won't hurt, sugar. Just top ourselves off a little. Nothing to worry about. We can totally stop afterwards, and we'll be back to peak, and HUNGER FEED FEED FEED!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

As an aside, it's pretty funny that the presence of so much concentrated loot sends Enkidel into a magpie frenzy. If we ever come back to the giants we'll need to plan around it.

"All right, fellas, that's good enough, let's take a prayer break."

"What? But why? There's still more to kill, more loot to plunder!"

"Yeah, but if we get any more I'm gonna pig out on them."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tomn posted:

If we manage to break through this and actually light the sacrifice this is going to be the mother of all fireworks considering the hardship we have to push through to make it happen. Tsar Bomba's gonna look like two pebbles falling on top of each other compared to this.

We'd...better hope El comes through some kind of teleport home because I don't think we're gonna stay hidden after this.

I uh...I wonder if we've triggered the endgame scenario at this point by taking land from the giants. And who knows what the fallout will be from Amok being unleashed and attacking Fare.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

I uh...I wonder if we've triggered the endgame scenario at this point by taking land from the giants. And who knows what the fallout will be from Amok being unleashed and attacking Fare.

We didn't take land from the giants though, it is still owned by gebeb. It will probably only stop being owned if he dies or relinquishes it willingly or is actually driven from it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

This area was in dispute.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
Light the Altar

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Resist temptation. Light the altar

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

There Bias Two posted:

Endgame scenario is basically whatever would end it for us, I suppose, but in more meta-gamey terms I'm pretty sure the end-game scenario involves Asherah breaking free, and nothing short of it.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Light the altar

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Burn it to the ground!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Theglavwen posted:

Endgame scenario is basically whatever would end it for us, I suppose, but in more meta-gamey terms I'm pretty sure the end-game scenario involves Asherah breaking free, and nothing short of it.

I think there are multiple end-game scenarios. One involves Asherah and another involves all out mobilization and war between the different factions. If the scale is tipped too much the giants might move north as well as the lizardmen.

The Worst Lurker
Dec 12, 2012
Kindle the flame.

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
LIGHT IT

Edit: In case we need a lettered option:

Æ: Light the altar

(I call this complicated and unique plan of action "Plan Jesus is colourblin")

Jesus is colourblin fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 5, 2015

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Light the altar.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
For fucks sake. Light the drat fire. We have been hungry before. Yes, exactly like this. This is our heritage. To seal away the eternal loving hunger. Light the Altar!

And in case there is any confusion about this:

LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! _SEAL AWAY THE ETERNAL HUNGER._

Sogol fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 5, 2015

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
light the flame! .
Control is paramount. There are hundreds more of these villages and orbs. Maybe thousands. Wait for knowledge, power.

And enkidel's hunger was great as he bided his time...

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
EL HA MELECH KOL HA OLAM

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Light the fire you idiot

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Drop the stick

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Resist the hunger. Light the altar.

Plus it'll give us something nifty to talk to Ish and Tudiya about. "Hey guys, why did I get so hungry lighting that altar? Normally I can sacrifice to El just fine. But that time, man, that was tough."

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Sogol posted:

For fucks sake. Light the drat fire. We have been hungry before. Yes, exactly like this. This is our heritage. To seal away the eternal loving hunger. Light the Altar!

And in case there is any confusion about this:

LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! LIGHT THE ALTAR!!! _SEAL AWAY THE ETERNAL HUNGER._

Something eating you Sogol? Something on your mind? Got something you want to say?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Resist the hunger. Light the altar.

Plus it'll give us something nifty to talk to Ish and Tudiya about. "Hey guys, why did I get so hungry lighting that altar? Normally I can sacrifice to El just fine. But that time, man, that was tough."

You know, make a note. Next time we talk to Tudiya, we should ask him what happened when he sacrificed whatever it was he sacrificed off the dragon he took down, and if he felt anything odd when he did.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Theglavwen posted:

Something eating you Sogol? Something on your mind? Got something you want to say?

I think he might be considering lighting the altar.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Unlike Billy Joel, We're gonna light the fire

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
:420: BLAZE IT :420:

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Do an Arnold accent then say " Go to El!" before throwing the torch onto the sacrifice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This hunger is just Asherah pulling from the deeps, not today Asherah!
^^^^^^YES^^^^^