Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Welcome to A Murder Most Scummy.

This will be a 5 person variant of Mafia that I have worked on before in another forum. It always ends up being a lot of fun, mainly because of the way the game itself is set up.

Each day will encompass a total of 5 real days.
The thing that makes A Murder most Scummy so unique, is that there are only 2 days and only 1 Scum (in this game Murderer).

The "Towns" goal is to either during the first day, or the second day correctly choose to lynch (arrest) the right person.

The Murderer on the other hand, has to frame the correct person. Meaning, they will be PM'd a random player they have to frame for the murder. If at any time (Either the end of day one, or end of day two) the correct player is framed the game will end then and there. Alternativley, if they manage to go both days with out being arrested they will also win.

Any player who is arrested, and is either not the murderer, or the person required for the Murderer to win is taken out of the game.

There will also be one secret role and the rules of that role, as well as there secondary win condition will only be made available to the player selected for that roll.

So, lets all sit back, and discuss the mystery, of the murder of the guy who's house your in, or some poo poo.

Standard mafia rules apply:
No posting after the hammer. (The "hammer" is the final vote required to execute a player. It marks the end of the day, so noone is allowed to post after it.)
No out of thread communication unless you are specifically told that you are permitted to. (All communication related to the game must happen in the thread, unless you have an ability to the contrary. E.g. the scumteam can communicate out of thread)
NO toxxing/betting/truth or dare. (These things all just mess up the game, and are out of bounds.)
Killings are majority, not plurality. (A majority of players is required to execute a player. If the day ends without this majority, nobody is executed.)
No posting mod PMs. (Posting communications from the moderator essentially confirms you as your claimed role. Don't do it.)
No editing posts. (Editing posts allows a player to undo something that incriminates a player. If you make a mistake, it must remain for all to see.)
No faking day actions. (Pretending to have a day action when you don't just confuses things.)
No lurking. (Activity is the lifeblood of games. People not posting just screws things up.)
No posting screenshots from any kind of chat doc.

A BIG WARNING. DO NOT LURK, DUE TO THE UNIQUE NATURE OF THIS GAME EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO BEING AN ACTIVE PLAYER.

1. Hal Incandenza
  2. imgay
  3. Kashuno
  4. MMM Whatchya Say
  5. Opopanax

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DTF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DTF MMM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ok

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, MMM Whatchya Say

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, MMM Whatchya Say

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.
Off to a great start with this mis-click

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote Hal

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

also how are people finding this game? was it posted anywhere?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

also how are people finding this game? was it posted anywhere?

Those that find it, need it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I in

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to execute kashuno, it is my career aka rocky 7

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

If last person joins around 12:00 my time roles will be pm'd

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should recruit known lurker 8dollar

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

imgay posted:

You should recruit known lurker 8dollar

You should tell known lurker 8dollar to join.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no i refuse

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

We still need one more to join for funzies.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm one!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Rolls in a Minute, then time limit set.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone explain the rules to me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Someone explain the rules to me.

it's like werewolf

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Thread open, Down to clown, Roles sent.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

received, probably checking out for the night though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

it's like werewolf

Oh ok

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello friends, together we shall stay active.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kash who you think is scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you ##vote imgay

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that is a serious vote

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Go on?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
imgay always think I am the scummiest person around, why ask my opinion on who I think is scum based on no content? It's super fake

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that was a serious post tho

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in this active game thats moving too fast to process, i want to become great friends with kash

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's probably Hal since he's lurking

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So just setup speculation, since no one saying anything. We have 1 scum and 4 town which between that town has 1 target and 1 mystery role. So I think as a town, we have to look at votes in this game extra carefully. I think a smart scum would always try to be the hammer. and a dumb scum would always tunnel that dude from the get go. idk though since no one posting

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why arent you guys more active on a sunday i dont get it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

So just setup speculation, since no one saying anything. We have 1 scum and 4 town which between that town has 1 target and 1 mystery role. So I think as a town, we have to look at votes in this game extra carefully. I think a smart scum would always try to be the hammer. and a dumb scum would always tunnel that dude from the get go. idk though since no one posting

Good thoughts . My vote is staying though

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kashuno posted:

Good thoughts . My vote is staying though

You are acting like scum even though you obviously aren't scum. Try buddying up with me for once in your life.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to love you kash

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS