Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
McLaren will be filing for bankruptcy by the end of next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Nah F1 wouldn't work without McLaren. It's the yin to Ferrari's yang.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Holly poo poo this thread. LC, it's time to draw up a list of which posters are autistic or Asperger's.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Holly poo poo this thread. LC, it's time to draw up a list of which posters are autistic or Asperger's.

Everyone of us is a sperg except for you. You also have an unhealthy obsession with Claire Williams. I diagnose lack of bunga-bunga because of an ugly wife.

Sorry man.

Riso fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 6, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is Claire single, by the way?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is Claire single, by the way?

Deep in the depths of a 2013 independent interview I found the name of a boyfriend: Andrew.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
She did a whelp single again interview on sky the week after an interview in the torygraph where she banged on about trying to persuade her boyfriend to marry her because she wants kids.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
She should have thought about that children thing 10 years ago. By now the only option is adoption.

:biotruths:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But she's not as beautiful as this F1 personality. Knows how to ride 4 wheels AND 2. So beautiful.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alonso looks loving regal

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

AgentJotun posted:

Right, but they made a poo poo car in 09 and it took them less then half a season to turn it into the best(ish) car. The last few years in season development has been crap. Besides whose saying Mclaren are dead? I just think it sounds like you have too much faith in a quick turnaround.
The '09 car never became the best car. They fixed the major problems with the chassis, taking it from terrible to average. Once they did that their Mercedes- KERS advantage was enough make the overall package a contender at the power circuits. When they visited circuits that put a high demand on the chassis/aero, they still struggled.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Norns posted:

As is proper for a Samurai of his rank and skill.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

That works, his car is about as fast as a regal.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Alonso should do a reverse Surtees and switch to MotoGP and beat all the Spanish betas

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Norns posted:

Probably due to the fact all the Chinese fellas around him are tiny.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Alonso is loving regal

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

Alonso should do a reverse Surtees and switch to MotoGP and beat all the Spanish betas

Apparently Lorenzo has been making noises about going F1...

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Dudley posted:

Apparently Lorenzo has been making noises about going F1...

He'll fit right in with Kimi and Nico in the 2nd most talented person in the team club

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Supposedly Renault wants a French driver and that could mean Pastor's out and JEV's in.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Riso posted:

Supposedly Renault wants a French driver and that could mean Pastor's out and JEV's in.

Good luck trying that Pierre. We've got employment laws in this country. You can't fire a hard working, long-term employee and replace him with someone of your own nationality.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Riso posted:

wouldn't be surprised if pastor's contract includes an exit clause if he loses his PDVSA funding

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Pastor might lose his seat if PDVSA drops the sponsorship and Ferrari doesn't offer him a contract.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

They remember.

poty fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 6, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

But she's not as beautiful as this F1 personality. Knows how to ride 4 wheels AND 2. So beautiful.

This is how I imagine Nicolas Cage playing an F1 driver.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Driver's suits are so lame compared to Rider's suits. I remember noticing that when I first started watching F1 but I had forgotten. Rider's are superheros, drivers just try to not catch fire.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I can't explain why this photo makes me so angry

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I think it's a beautiful car and I quite like the photo. I'm indifferent to the team that is behind it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Halo14 posted:

I think it's a beautiful car and I quite like the photo. I'm indifferent to the team that is behind it.

Give it another year

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Where can I buy flooring like that?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

Give it another year

Yeah maybe, I'm more interested in the tech and engineering rather than the personalities in F1. It's a bit of a laugh really, I don't get emotionally invested in all the poo poo that goes on.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You're missing out on a lot of the fun!

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I'm sure to be gifted a couple of F1 books for Christmas from the family so watch this space.

Any recommended reading?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Look how clean the floor is, Ron.

Just look.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Look how clean the floor is, Ron.

Just look.
Yeah but the pattern is not very clear and organized. Ron will not be jealous.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I congratulate El Hefe to the election results that will bring back toilet paper within the next five years.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Halo14 posted:

I'm sure to be gifted a couple of F1 books for Christmas from the family so watch this space.

Any recommended reading?

All the books by Steve Matchett are good to read, to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

1500quidporsche posted:

Where can I buy flooring like that?

B&Q.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Pastor breaks $50M in aero parts every year, so he's still a net liability. I wouldn't be surprised if Renault drop him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

dreesemonkey posted:

Pastor breaks $50M in aero parts every year, so he's still a net liability. I wouldn't be surprised if Renault drop him.

He's also not bringing in any more money now that the people have taken back Venezuela from the capitalist dog whores.

• Locked thread