Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mogomra posted:

My brother keeps telling me that Toriyama hosed up the details of all sorts of dbz stuff in some interview somewhere.

Like he totally forgot that SS2 happened in the cell saga at all, and was referring to SS3 as SS2. Stuff like that.

Is that real, or more bullshit?

That makes some things make so much more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

They don't count GT but they (presumably, it's the only way I can get to 24) count the four DB movies? Surprising, cause they're way worse than the GT Special.

Also, if Dead Zone and World's Strongest don't get the respect they deserve (Top 10 bare minimum, should be Top 5), I'll be so mad I'll go Super Saiyan.

I'm not a hundred percent sure about Dead Zone, but they really seem to like World's Strongest.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I enjoyed the original episode of Bardock, the parts of the Broly movies without Broly, 13 for how funny it was, history of trunks. and Bojack.

Child me found worlds strongest to be cool, but adult me on a recent reviewing found it kinda boring.

I like Garlic Jr. Stuff too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wonder what's on Kanzenshuu today

:captainpop:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I'm glad Cell won in Multiverse, his fights have been some of my favorites in that series. I also enjoyed how Vegito was cheering him on.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
https://www.change.org/p/nasa-changing-the-planet-name-of-kepler-22-b-to-namek

Here is a petition to change the name of Kepler 22-b to Namek, because, why not? It has 76k signatures already.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gently caress, wrong thread

Vegeta is mad sexy

Augus fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 5, 2015

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Augus posted:

Is there an explanation for that tower in NLA with the percentage on it that I overlooked or what?

On a side note I found some mechanical power ranger type armor for Elma and she looks rad as hell now.

:lol: only yamchas need power armor

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

But instant transmission is faster than whis flying around?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
instant transmission isn't really movement it's teleportation. he's not going ftl cause he's not going at all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

But instant transmission is faster than whis flying around?

Teeporting would be shifting location in an instant. Moving from one coordinate to another without travelling. It'd technically be 0 mp/h because you aren't moving at all.

At least that's the argument the meme impact font man says about teeporting

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Pfft, Kaizenshuu is wrong based purely off what we see on screen.

Ki attacks routinely travel interplanetary distances in seconds. Piccolo blows up the moon in under two seconds in the show, two separate movies have villains being shot into the sun in time frames that are measured in seconds, and yet fighters also routinely dodge those same FTL energy attacks. Duh and/or hola.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Caros posted:

Pfft, Kaizenshuu is wrong based purely off what we see on screen.

Ki attacks routinely travel interplanetary distances in seconds. Piccolo blows up the moon in under two seconds in the show, two separate movies have villains being shot into the sun in time frames that are measured in seconds, and yet fighters also routinely dodge those same FTL energy attacks. Duh and/or hola.

(it's a made-up statement based on a fake thing a guy posted copypasted from a a vibrator ad)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe the vibrator is FTL

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Kild posted:

he didn't but he said this kamehameha would destroy the whole solar system when he beam battled Gohan I believe.

Didn't the beam end up going to space anyway after Gohan vaporized Cell? I'm just imaging a couple on a family outing on a distant planet end up getting nuked several years later.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

SirDrone posted:

Didn't the beam end up going to space anyway after Gohan vaporized Cell? I'm just imaging a couple on a family outing on a distant planet end up getting nuked several years later.

Who the gently caress even knows how Ki interacts with physics.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

(it's a made-up statement based on a fake thing a guy posted copypasted from a a vibrator ad)

That was my 2 am nerd impression. :downs:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
From the latest episode of Super: Was that the Captain Ginyu frog at the end?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

-Troika- posted:

From the latest episode of Super: Was that the Captain Ginyu frog at the end?

Yes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Maybe the vibrator is FTL

Faster than love

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

The latest in personal travel from Capsule Corp, definitely not pinched from alien technology.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FatSamurai posted:

The latest in personal travel from Capsule Corp, definitely not pinched from alien technology.

The real question: does it work?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

They'll fly eventually. poo poo, one of those private companies into space travel will make sure of that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

In It For The Tank posted:

They don't count GT but they (presumably, it's the only way I can get to 24) count the four DB movies? Surprising, cause they're way worse than the GT Special.

Also, if Dead Zone and World's Strongest don't get the respect they deserve (Top 10 bare minimum, should be Top 5), I'll be so mad I'll go Super Saiyan.

Everything that I've heard indicates that Kaiserneko loves World's Strongest. Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle also made it in at 20.

EDIT: I hope the one with Hildugeran pops up sometime soon since that's such a horrible example of Goku just overshadowing literally everyone in the film.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 6, 2015

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Did the film really foreshadow goku ending up saving the day? When I watched it I thought for sure Trunks after slicing the monsters tail was going to end up pulling off some future trunks mojo on it's rear end with a magic sword. Speaking of swords whatever happened to future trunks?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SirDrone posted:

Did the film really foreshadow goku ending up saving the day? When I watched it I thought for sure Trunks after slicing the monsters tail was going to end up pulling off some future trunks mojo on it's rear end with a magic sword. Speaking of swords whatever happened to future trunks?

overshadow, not foreshadow

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

FatSamurai posted:

The Absolutely Safe Capsule

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The latter half of that episode of Super feels like a gently caress you to internet fan favourites.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The latter half of that episode of Super feels like a gently caress you to internet fan favourites.

No clue what you're talking about, how can anyone be mad about GINYU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

No clue what you're talking about, how can anyone be mad about GINYU
The former half, mostly Ginyu, is naturally good.

More like the Gohan goes SS2, actually wins! haha psyche Frieza tortures him and then Piccolo "dies"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
If you think about it, the story arcs in Super so far have been a retread of the ones from Z. First one is about a super-powerful opponent arriving, forcing Goku to team up with his rival to defeat, but said opponent never shows up again as an enemy ever again. Second one has Goku doing training on a god's planet while the B-team face off against a threat from space.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

If you think about it, the story arcs in Super so far have been a retread of the ones from Z. First one is about a super-powerful opponent arriving, forcing Goku to team up with his rival to defeat, but said opponent never shows up again as an enemy ever again. Second one has Goku doing training on a god's planet while the B-team face off against a threat from space.

The next arc based on the manga is a tournament, ala Cell Games though the link is pretty weak

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's weird that although Super is a retread, I have no idea what is going to happen at this point because everything is so different.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

The next arc based on the manga is a tournament, ala Cell Games though the link is pretty weak

Actually, I think you'll find the next arc involves a super-powerful being, who destroys planets for fun, searching for dragon balls that are larger than the ones we're used to. Everyone has to work together to overcome five powerful fighters that this being has summoned. Meanwhile, Bulma and a short bald person head out into space.

:v:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
There are only so many DBZ plots, just infinite variations of them. In other words, DBZ is literature in miniature.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

mycot posted:

There are only so many DBZ plots, just infinite variations of them. In other words, DBZ is literature in miniature.

Man Vs Nature, Man vs Himself, Man vs His Fruit-Enhanced Body Double from Space, Man vs Androids. You know, real hero with a thousand faces stuff.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Man Vs Nature, Man vs Himself, Man vs His Fruit-Enhanced Body Double from Space, Man vs Androids. You know, real hero with a thousand faces stuff.

Man Vs A Small Part of His Genome From An Alternative Future Who Has Achieved Perfection And Also Absorbed Piccolo

Pretty much right out of the classical greek.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Archenteron posted:

The Absolutely Safe Capsule

I wonder if Toriyama and Itoi are friends.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Darko posted:

It's weird that although Super is a retread, I have no idea what is going to happen at this point because everything is so different.

I really like it, makes it feel like an "what if" story and gives us some more room to explore characters that aren't Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mordaedil posted:

I really like it, makes it feel like an "what if" story and gives us some more room to explore characters that aren't Goku.

Where the gently caress is Android 18 though?

• Locked thread