Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Skoll posted:

I... I... I actually had fun last night doing 12mans with goons for hours. There was much squawking like ye olden days. Much brawling. Centurions ruled the day as we played our own version of NASCAR with SRMs and the pubbie teams got to roleplay Dale Earnhardht to our wall.

I feel ashamed of myself. :suicide:

All true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Still havent activated my premium from being an original founder. This game faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

SaltLick posted:

Still havent activated my premium from being an original founder. This game faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

I haven't either. I doubt I ever will.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Skoll posted:

There was much squawking like ye olden days.

Enjoy your BANS.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DancingShade posted:

Speaking of Steam, you should do a blog about the shonky "developer" publishing as 'Digital Homicide'. You should be able to find plenty of material.

This has been mentioned many times, and I've actually been considering it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Astroniomix posted:

Developers can curate the reviews for their games, but they can't do anything about that big red thumb that reads "mostly negative".

Yup. And sadly, since Steam lacks any form of reasonable community management, "review bombing" and harassment in the review pages, continue to be rampant. It's going to be precisely what kills Steam eventually.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
reinstalling now. Down for some stompy robot brawling tonight.

Just so I know beforehand, is my huggin worth keeping? I'm going to try to get a refund on my Grid Iron, but I loved my huggin so goddamn much that I'm going to be a broken man if it can't poo poo out missiles like crazy anymore and I have to return it.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

Number19 posted:

Time for me to update my bookmarks it seems.

Are any of you goons coming to the PGI Steam Launch event?

i missed the deadline

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Rape Stink posted:

reinstalling now. Down for some stompy robot brawling tonight.

Just so I know beforehand, is my huggin worth keeping? I'm going to try to get a refund on my Grid Iron, but I loved my huggin so goddamn much that I'm going to be a broken man if it can't poo poo out missiles like crazy anymore and I have to return it.

Huggi bear got tankier and has a new missile velocity quirk, but lost some of its cooldown and range quirk. I haven't seen one since the patch, but I would say it is still a fun gimmick.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

D_Smart posted:

Yup. And sadly, since Steam lacks any form of reasonable community management, "review bombing" and harassment in the review pages, continue to be rampant. It's going to be precisely what kills Steam eventually.
Bad games get bad reviews for a reason. *cough* your games *cough*

e: And while speaking of review bombing, what, people/companies will get thousands of Steam accounts together to vote yes/no to positive/negative reviews? Sure they can do that, but they can't stop people who actually bought the game from writing positive/negative reviews. And given that Steam's 'User Review' rating is decided by % of positive reviews compared to total reviews, if you want to review bomb you'd actually have to buy the games with those thousands of Steam accounts, and who's going to do that?

Aesis fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 6, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Aesis posted:

:drat:

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Aesis posted:

e: And while speaking of review bombing, what, people/companies will get thousands of Steam accounts together to vote yes/no to positive/negative reviews? Sure they can do that, but they can't stop people who actually bought the game from writing positive/negative reviews. And given that Steam's 'User Review' rating is decided by % of positive reviews compared to total reviews, if you want to review bomb you'd actually have to buy the games with those thousands of Steam accounts, and who's going to do that?

I have yet to see a game I thought was good end up with a bad "user review" rating.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If MWO gets review bombed on Steam I'm thinking it will have less to do with some conspiracy and more to do with both the game and developer being huge pieces of poo poo????

Just a thought.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Astroniomix posted:

I have yet to see a game I thought was good end up with a bad "user review" rating.

Chomp8645 posted:

If MWO gets review bombed on Steam I'm thinking it will have less to do with some conspiracy and more to do with both the game and developer being huge pieces of poo poo????

Just a thought.
Pretty much. Game's poo poo, people will write negative reviews, :pgi: will get mad and blame it on Goons as usual.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Finster Dexter posted:

Enjoy your BANS.

To "squawk" is canon. It's not something merely annoying like "bofa".

The selective nature of what defines their criteria for a chat-based ban is heavily suspect, however.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
For the most, part the only people that have a problem with Steam's review system are bad game devs who can't take criticism. so, PGI.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

D_Smart posted:

Too bad for you Star Citizen isn't on Steam then, eh?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I am obsessed with winning paint colours in these events. Had fun pugging cw of all things last night, won about half my matches? Feels like any pug that can manage to stand in a place then move forward when someone says 'now' is good enough to be competitive.

Aesis posted:

Pretty much. Game's poo poo, people will write negative reviews, :pgi: will get mad and blame it on Goons as usual.

Looking forward to the reviews that talk about 3pv like anyone still gives a poo poo. Ghost heat is dumb but they could mostly fix it with a big HEAT SPIKE sign.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

Ghost heat is dumb but they could mostly fix it with a big HEAT SPIKE sign.

Ghost heat still exists!?!?!?!?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Chomp8645 posted:

Ghost heat still exists!?!?!?!?
Of course. Removing it will be like admitting :pgi: was wrong.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aesis posted:

im not going to get into whether Derek's game is good, or bad or whatever

i haven't played it

but lets not pretend that good games get good reviews by the community and bad games get bad reviews by the community

whether you thought it was an amazing game or not, a 5.4? lmfao

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
Can I get an re-invite to WoL? Ingame name samsparx. I can sqwark in oceanic time zones and amaze low tier pubbies with my mediocre, drunken old man robbit skillz.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
I haven't played for almost 2 years. I have a fully kitted "Noisy Cricket" Cicada CDA-3M. Is that still considered a viable mech build?

Weapons/Modules/Upgrades etc
3 IS Med Lasers
1 IS PPC
Guardian ECM
Advanced Sensor
XL Engine 320
Ferro Fib Armor
Double Heat Sinks

Front Armor
18 - Head
11 - Right Arm 25 - Right Torso 25 - Left Torso 10 - Left Arm
33 - Center Torso
24 - Right Leg 24 - Left Leg

Rear Armor
15 - Right, Center, Left Torso

I had a lot of fun pushing other light mechs around since I was just about as fast as them but more heavily armored and I could still poke things if I had too.

Also can I get an invite to WOL? My ingame name is Psyonic

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 6, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do i have to buy this dumb piece of poo poo game to leave a negative review or will it be F2p?

because i'm not buying a game as poo poo as this but i'd totally add it to my library so I could write a bad review on it

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SabinBlitz posted:

I haven't played for almost 2 years. I have a fully kitted "Noisy Cricket" Cicada CDA-3M. Is that still considered a viable mech build?

Weapons/Modules/Upgrades etc
3 IS Med Lasers
1 IS PPC
Guardian ECM
Advanced Sensor
XL Engine 320
Ferro Fib Armor
Double Heat Sinks

Front Armor
18 - Head
11 - Right Arm 25 - Right Torso 25 - Left Torso 10 - Left Arm
33 - Center Torso
24 - Right Leg 24 - Left Leg

Rear Armor
15 - Right, Center, Left Torso

I had a lot of fun pushing other light mechs around since I was just about as fast as them but more heavily armored and I could still poke things if I had too.

Also can I get an invite to WOL? My ingame name is Psyonic

A Cicada is still very viable!

Using your engine, I built a brawly kinda thing if you wanna get up in mech faces or their butts: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=36&l=02f474cf1200312b43b004948dda5ced2fedf7cc

It may not be the best build, but it should work fine.

I also have a poker build for you if you wanna stay an annoying thing: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=36&l=af043c8a5aca445c8aa50023a0e7b4848119a28b

This would also be best for CW.

I have never played a Cicada, so these builds could be super bad but they look decent on paper!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Brawling is back?! Well poo poo, going to mess with this again when the steam version launches.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Eonwe posted:

i haven't played it

but lets not pretend that good games get good reviews by the community and bad games get bad reviews by the community

The system works.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dusty Lens posted:

The system works.

One title has writing but no game, the other has gameplay but no writing.

Maybe that makes them equal???? They are both half a game and have about half points out of ten!!!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Anita Dickinme posted:

A Cicada is still very viable!

Using your engine, I built a brawly kinda thing if you wanna get up in mech faces or their butts: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=36&l=02f474cf1200312b43b004948dda5ced2fedf7cc

It may not be the best build, but it should work fine.

I also have a poker build for you if you wanna stay an annoying thing: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=36&l=af043c8a5aca445c8aa50023a0e7b4848119a28b

This would also be best for CW.

I have never played a Cicada, so these builds could be super bad but they look decent on paper!

The 2B with 5 mpl is also pretty good.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

PoptartsNinja posted:

Always start with 'not giving them money.'

That said, I did have fun in a splatcat last night.
The way the extra SRMs are bolted onto the launchers that should have more than enough room for all 3 (18 missiles < 20 missiles) is dumb as gently caress though.

The launchers are getting fixed with the rescale pass on the Catapult

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Eonwe posted:

do i have to buy this dumb piece of poo poo game to leave a negative review or will it be F2p?

because i'm not buying a game as poo poo as this but i'd totally add it to my library so I could write a bad review on it

it's f2p as far as I know but it will show 0 hours played.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Sales metrics and the ability to retain an ongoing salaried staff is the true measure of a product's success.

Good luck getting those made public by anyone though.

As for Fallout 3 whoops I mean 4 it's ok but 2006 was a long time ago. So long as people can mod in all the mudcrab tits they want it'll sell ok and maintain a healthy disgusting community of horse vagina enthusiasts.

Really wish it was viable to put XL engines in IS mechs but using anything other than a STD zombie ends in tears with those "walking coffin" IS XL engines.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

The launchers are getting fixed with the rescale pass on the Catapult

They aren't broken though, this is a ~design decision~ brought to you by Paul and co.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
With the quirk passes, my Cicada -3F doesn't need to be married to ERPPCs anymore. Would it be better to replace them with LPLs and tickle my wubby bones, or does anyone have a -3F build that they want to pimp?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Eonwe posted:

i haven't played it

That ain't even Steam. We're exclusively talking about Steam reviews here.

sebmojo posted:

it's f2p as far as I know but it will show 0 hours played.
Yeah, my guess is that it'll just have files that can be downloaded through Steam, then you'll use your MWO credentials to log in anyway.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aesis posted:

That ain't even Steam. We're exclusively talking about Steam reviews here.

Yeah, my guess is that it'll just have files that can be downloaded through Steam, then you'll use your MWO credentials to log in anyway.

yea im sure the people on steam are far more rational in their reviews

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

only good games like Nyan Cat: Lost in Space get good reviews on steam, Nyan Cat: Lost in Space can't possibly be bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
post other excellent games with positive steam reviews here so that i can play them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Eonwe posted:

yea im sure the people on steam are far more rational in their reviews
Well you can't stop people review bombing f2p games, but you actually need to play the game on Steam (which involves buying if game's not free) to write review. I'm not saying people on Steam are rational, but really you'd go through all that effort (buying, installing, playing, then maybe refunding) just to review bomb a game, and get other thousands of people to do the same?

• Locked thread