Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I feel sorry for Gunnar-wearing gunner Gunnar. When he grows up he will be able to sue his parents for not aborting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

i love how both the ships are still intact after the explosion

not to mention the poo poo physics

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Mirificus posted:

I enjoy the tortured attempt to explain exhaust velocity while completely ignoring specific impulse:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/301901/enough-of-this-discussion-why-a-ship-is-faster-than-an-other-one

I choose to believe this person is a narcoleptic and the "...." marks the points at which he passes out while talking.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Mirificus posted:

I enjoy the tortured attempt to explain exhaust velocity while completely ignoring specific impulse:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/301901/enough-of-this-discussion-why-a-ship-is-faster-than-an-other-one

I feel like the guy just watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLuI118nhzc and went "And therefore cannons can't go faster than 30 mph"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
MattyPan is new to the Verse. Fortunately, their previous Wing Commander experience has prepared them quite well for Star Citizen.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/301699/hello-rsi-star-citizen-community

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

D_Smart posted:

Oh poo poo. Spergs are going to go ape poo poo.

Some of them already are in the comments. It's a matter of time till someone posts something on reddit bitching about how wrong the whole article i--Oh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vphkv/did_the_star_citizen_trailer_at_the_game_awards/

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

hehe. he mad.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

what is a vorlon.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Wuxi posted:

Eonwe posted:

there has to be a way to auto block goons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alternatively:

pirates, people known to go after hard targets rather than easy pickings

thanks high admiral gabriel theowhateverrus
I wonder how many whales are Eve-carebears seeking a safe haven from goons.

Also the reason lowsec pirates aren't suicide bombing your poo poo all day is because entering highsec with -10 is a pain, not because of some strange e-honour thing.
Game comes out and goons drink tears from ganking $1000 pixels.
Game doesn't come out and goons get the last laugh while the cultists scramble for refunds.

win-win

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hehe. he mad.

I also love how he doesn't actually address the point he's mad about, essentially trying to make the argument that CIG promised to be wasteful, so therefore it can't be a bad thing. :haw:

quote:

what is a vorlon.
A Babylon 5 thingamabob.

e:
vvvv Also, that. The Vorlons were ultimately shown to be a thoroughly deluded race that had lost all perspective on what role they were supposed to play in the overall evolution of galactic history. So it's quite fitting in the exact opposite way of what that poster in question intended.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 6, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what is a vorlon.
Babylon 5.

But it's funny because he's seeing that quote positively, when it really reflects that the Vorlons were gigantic assholes who ended the series with all the "lesser" races teaming up and telling them to get the hell out of the galaxy.

They were really powerful aliens who manipulated the lesser races into believing they were gods for their own selfish interests, blah blah. The "pebbles" are insignificant nobodies who should just 'shut up and do what we say.' I'm a nerd. Kudos to reddit for missing the loving point yet again.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 6, 2015

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hehe. he mad.

No, you see, when literally every games journalist on the planet writes something bad about SC/CR its because they all can't deal with change. You are all sheep, dominated by the unrelenting machinery of publishers and click-bait games journalism and CR is trying to deliver us from this dark future.

How can you write stuff like that and not immediately look for the next mirror to check if your brain is leaking?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
for anyone who's missed it, Sarsapariller's ode to SC bugs is a pretty big hit and owns.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

How can you say someone is acting childish and then in the next breath quote a sci-fi TV series alien. :laffo:

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Kakarot posted:

Me and my turret gunner

I named him Gunnar in honor of his role

Won't he be too old for video games by the time the game comes out, tho?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

for anyone who's missed it, Sarsapariller's ode to SC bugs is a pretty big hit and owns.

:five:

The guns falling of the invisible ship just killed me, send help

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Kakarot posted:

Me and my turret gunner

I named him Gunnar in honor of his role

Think they have plans for a "family night" like that other guy?

quote:

We have a Carrack for Family Night; my wife, niece, nephews, and brother-in-law all want to spend at least one night per week together in the Carrack.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Well at least one of these people is going to be disappointed in the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

Think they have plans for a "family night" like that other guy?

aka he does and he has gotten them to all say yes so he will shut the gently caress up

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
when he creates irreconcilable family troubles after cussing out his 12 year old niece for failing to maintain shield integrity :allears:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Well, at least this thread has gotten me to put Independence War® 2: Edge of Chaos on Steam on my wishlist so I can buy it when it's selling for $1.79 again.

Thanks thread.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Mirificus posted:

Even better, he's using it to explain why there should be a top speed in space, when there is no such thing.

Someone start a thread on their forums demanding that they include Relativity in the game. I want to see them try to model relativistic time dilation for extra accuracy.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wuxi posted:

No, you see, when literally every games journalist on the planet writes something bad about SC/CR its because they all can't deal with change. You are all sheep, dominated by the unrelenting machinery of publishers and click-bait games journalism and CR is trying to deliver us from this dark future.

How can you write stuff like that and not immediately look for the next mirror to check if your brain is leaking?

...probably because the part of the brain that processes that sort of logic already leaked out? Seems plausible.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hehe. he mad.

what if starcitizens 100mil stretch goal is stop making a game and spend all the money on poop? would they be like IT WAS A STRETCH GOAL WE ALL WANTED THIS

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hehe. he mad.

Yeah man! It's breaking out of the AAA mold by being a AAA game that uses real Hollywood talent, no those guys in CoD don't count, neither does Ellen Paige in Beyond: Two Souls, SQ42 is different.

Nothing CiG is doing is a new concept or revolutionary, except for the fact they'e trying to do it in the most rear end backwards way possible.

Favonius
Nov 28, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

They should've used this instead of that 2.0.0 trailer :lol:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I don't suppose anyone here knows how much someone had to drop on this abortion to get the Star Citizen jacket do they? I have a coworker that defends this project and I'm curious what the base line is for how much he wasted spent on this.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Nicholas posted:

what if starcitizens 100mil stretch goal is stop making a game and spend all the money on poop? would they be like IT WAS A STRETCH GOAL WE ALL WANTED THIS

100 mil stretch goal is building the Hyperbolic Time Chamber in order to do 10 years of development in 1 year and release the game on time.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

If there's one thing about that post I can get behind, it's staying out of the game until the squeakers are gone. Granted, if the game comes out, I'd probably have an awesome time joining up with goons and murdering furries.

If the game comes out.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Malek posted:

I don't suppose anyone here knows how much someone had to drop on this abortion to get the Star Citizen jacket do they? I have a coworker that defends this project and I'm curious what the base line is for how much he wasted spent on this.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Sc-Track-Jacket-General/L

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
It would be absolutely amazing if they end up releasing Star Citizen as a free to play game with premium spaceships or whatever. They're already doing a free to play type model, wherein whales dump cash all over the place to get a leg up. The only thing missing is a game at this point.

I just want to see a swarm of starter/free goon ships suicide into SS Pubbie Whale and blow their expensive pixels to bits. The only downside to this is that I doubt their engine can handle the literal dozens of kamikaze goons in a zone at a time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this popped up on the SQ42 page, it's a pretty unique takzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is poo. It's derivative, unimaginative, trope ridden poo floating in a toilet bowl overflowing with cliches. He's Gary Sue. His flaw is that he's too drat good and he cares too much. And the writing, is shoddy and full of, commas where they don't need to be. There is absolutely nothing compelling or interesting about it. The handle is particularly bad.

For shits and giggles I decided to try my own hand at it:

quote:

Steve "Relic" Colton

Relic is from a generation of pilots where everyone else is either dead or flying a desk. While his experience and combat skills keep retirement at bay, a complete lack of political savvy has relegated the Lt. Commander to training and picket duty. While others would consider it punitive duty the old man takes his job seriously. Colton is the textbook case of a Navy lifer and the idea of him leading a civilian life is laughable. He truly believes in the Navy and what it stands for.

Behind his piercing gaze and steely demeanor is a man who has lived when others have not. Driven by the memories of those he survived, Colton strives to extract the very best from those under his tutelage in the hopes of keeping them alive. His teaching style has been unfavorably compared to a smith beating a piece of steel into a sword. He values the life of his wingmen above all and instills that same attitude into those he trains. A deep seated fear of failure, of a mistake on his part leading to the death of someone entrusted to his care, haunts Relic every time he hits the void.

I don't know, maybe it's just as bad as the original. I just felt compelled to see what I could write.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 7, 2015

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is poo. It's derivative, unimaginative, trope ridden poo floating in a toilet bowl overflowing with cliches. He's Gary Sue. His flaw is that he's too drat good and he cares too much. And the writing, is shoddy and full of, commas where they don't need to be. There is absolutely nothing compelling or interesting about it. The handle is particularly bad.

I don't know, maybe it's just as bad as the original. I just felt compelled to see what I could write.

It's uncanny, are you a writer for CIG?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

$70?...

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

If there's one thing about that post I can get behind, it's staying out of the game until the squeakers are gone. Granted, if the game comes out, I'd probably have an awesome time joining up with goons and murdering furries.

If the game comes out.

What are you talking about? Didn't you watch the trailer?! IT'S PLAYABLE NOW!*

*Disclaimer: Not playable to anyone outside the invite group and they also can't connect for more than 15 minutes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1oFvxUoeI

yes!

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 7, 2015

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

A Neurotic Jew posted:

literally art. Body horror.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iglocska posted:

It's uncanny, are you a writer for CIG?

I suspect we both come from the same school of writing.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:five:

I'm his physics defying wrists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a hell of a lot better and more fun to read. I'm wondering if and when we'll see mocap footage of the Old Man though; could be an opportunity for more :gary:

• Locked thread