Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Are you a bad enough dude to play a broken tech demo of an old engine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
My hate for that guy has got me Eowne posting unironically.

Eowne posting should only be used ironically.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

xanif posted:

Wasn't it just amazon cloud hosting that he put a fancy skin on and then promptly gave up on once the reddit bot stopped causing /r/starcitizen to implode?

I think it got crushed by evil goons uploading getarefund.gif a million times. It was never up whenever I checked it.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Didn't somebody also ask Dolvak about Wulf sending dick pics to people and Dolvak's response was something along the lines of "we all make mistakes," as if sending dick pics to people was a normal everyday thing?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

imperialparadox posted:

Didn't somebody also ask Dolvak about Wulf sending dick pics to people and Dolvak's response was something along the lines of "we all make mistakes," as if sending dick pics to people was a normal everyday thing?

If she didn't want dick picks she shouldn't have been born a woman :smug:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

holy poo poo

the new goat simulator dlc looks really good

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

imperialparadox posted:

as if sending dick pics to people was a normal everyday thing?

Don't you read the news? All the cool high school kids send dick pic messages/snapchats.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is poo. It's derivative, unimaginative, trope ridden poo floating in a toilet bowl overflowing with cliches. He's Gary Sue. His flaw is that he's too drat good and he cares too much. And the writing, is shoddy and full of, commas where they don't need to be. There is absolutely nothing compelling or interesting about it. The handle is particularly bad.

So far Sq42 is reading like what you would expect from someone who watched Starship Troopers and felt that it was a bad movie because it needed to take itself seriously.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Somebody admitting they're wrong on the internet? Thats gonna happen, just wait, aaaaaany moment.

Like I literally think Kimsemus is the only person I've ever seen anywhere on the internet who admitted being wrong.

I'm wrong about many things except when I'm on the internet. I'm always right then. Also, I'm pretty sure I thanked octopode for correcting something I was wrong about a while back. He has opinions just like us and I feel he's treated a bit harsh a lot of the time. We all make mistakes.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

xanif posted:

He's a pretentious hypocritical mod on /r/starcitizen that is totally against anything resembling doxxing when goons do it (by doing something as outrageous as googling someone's username and finding them on the first page of results on okcupid) but is totally for it when it's against someone who questions the brilliant visionary Christ Roberts.

Thank you for this. I initially thought he was a character in an Elder Scrolls game and wondered why he was discussed here.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

Isn't pegging in-game currencies to the dollar really bad for ingame economies? I remember someone had a big effortpost about it once.

I have never read said effortpost, but yeah, that would be a really, really dumb idea. Upon launch, the game currency will undergo hyperinflation pretty much instantly, making you $1 for 1 SpaceBuck effectively worthless. That's why most games have a regular currency that isn't directly convertible (or can only be converted from $ to GameBucks and not the other way) plus an additional real money only currency.

I can't even begin to imagine what a dollar pegged economy would look like once you have virtual commodities trading hands. It sounds like a massive disaster.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Dusty Lens posted:

So far Sq42 is reading like what you would expect from someone who watched Starship Troopers and felt that it was a bad movie because it needed to take itself seriously.

Vanduul: but from my point of view the star citizens are evil!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vqvvj/ganking_in_the_pu_200_and_beyond/

These threads are just going to get more and more frequent and I love it. People called this years ago at the very start of the campaign, and here it is unfolding exactly as predicted. They've built an entire fanbase that cannot tolerate the thought that they cannot ever be a Malcolm Reynolds, in-game or out, because they are unable to deal with conflict on even the most superficial level.. I cannot wait to see the convoluted half-measures that CIG actually puts in place to ensure these people never have a moment of genuine challenge or failure in their ship-owning simulator.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 7, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vqvvj/ganking_in_the_pu_200_and_beyond/

These threads are just going to get more and more frequent and I love it. People called this years ago at the very start of the campaign, and here it is unfolding exactly as predicted. I cannot wait to see the convoluted half-measures that CIG actually puts in place to ensure these people never have a moment of genuine challenge or failure in their ship-owning simulator.

I was just about to link that thread:

quote:

I understand the game is in alpha with no economy for any sort of aquisitions yet, and I'm perfectly okay with PvP, but I think people willfully destroying others' ships with no other intentions is detestible, and in a game where people work so hard to actually get their ships in the first place, I think the punishment for such behavior should balance as severely as killing someone in real life. You're huring someone else's time in game by repeatedly doing this.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

It's all happening exactly as I predicted in my blog.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

They all declare how okay they are with PvP before attempting to redefine what PvP is, as well. That's a nice touch.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Did Derek lawsuit yet?

I'm getting afraid he may have...

LOST THE CHOPS

to complete his holy task.

Also, if you have any chop recipes, feel free to post them in celebration of start citizen saving pc gaming.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Some of my best friends are pvp but I wouldn't want my sister getting ganked on a landing platform.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

It's all happening exactly as I predicted in my blog.

I tweeted your blog which is why it got all the attention. You are welcome.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sarsapariller posted:

I cannot wait to see the convoluted half-measures that CIG actually puts in place to ensure these people never have a moment of genuine challenge or failure in their ship-owning simulator.
You've already played the PTU.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

These threads are just going to get more and more frequent and I love it. People called this years ago at the very start of the campaign, and here it is unfolding exactly as predicted. They've built an entire fanbase that cannot tolerate the thought that they cannot ever be a Malcolm Reynolds, in-game or out, because they are unable to deal with conflict on even the most superficial level.. I cannot wait to see the convoluted half-measures that CIG actually puts in place to ensure these people never have a moment of genuine challenge or failure in their ship-owning simulator.

More threads about immersion popping up too. Although this one isn't nearly as :qq: as the last one I found:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vplhp/on_walking_and_running_in_the_ptu/

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

When I see someone bunny hopping in a game it's like I'm being yanked out of the Matrix and suddenly I'm nipple deep in Mt. Dew cans and my mom's calling for me to give her an insulin shot.

That's not the kind of space adventure Chris Roberts is trying to share with the world.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Mirificus posted:

More threads about immersion popping up too. Although this one isn't nearly as :qq: as the last one I found:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vplhp/on_walking_and_running_in_the_ptu/

Well, there's a reason you shouldn't take game design ideas from the fans. There's a reason people run everywhere in MMOs, and fast travel has come to dominate RPGs. If CR does make good on his vague mumbled threats to disable that at some point I think he'll get a rude surprise.

Ghostlight posted:

You've already played the PTU.

I know you're just making a funny but I love the current version of the PTU- you get a little safe haven to spawn in and then as soon as you're out in the world it's a free for all. All you've got to do is play it Day Z style and you're fine. Bring friends or be paranoid when you see strangers out in the world. That makes perfect sense to me and makes the world feel a lot more alive and dangerous. On top of that, there's nothing to even lose when you die- at most you're set back about a minute's progress. The people bitching are the ones who can't cope with even this extremely limited form of conflict. They want the complete PU experience to be ratting at the comm arrays, two-shotting NPC ships in a Constellation and feeling like a badass. The sad thing is I strongly suspect they will have their way in the end.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Budgie posted:

Chris Roberts tells us what Star Citizen is:

Why doesn't CR spend some of that yacht money having a surgeon suck about two pounds of nerd fat out of his bullfrog neck? Then he'd just look like Zach Galifianakis. Well, if you shaved Zack's face and gave him cancer for about 15 years.

There's a shadow over Inssmouth and it's cast by that giant goiterous rooster neck.

Also, high end furniture is a necessity. What, you don't want CIG should have a proper office? They're not paying for materials. They're paying for design!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

You guys are ruining my immersion.

Also unsolicited pvp is worse than non consensual pvp

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So his shtick is to repost literally everything SC-related and maybe throw in some "original content" with a podcast (that presumably talks about nothing since the game isn't done yet?)
I think he also declared that he knew Beer was "not a good person" or something to that effect -- because Beer betrayed CIG by encouraging refunds and rebuking Sandi and Chris publically.

That's why it was rather strange that he had another suspected traitor (and known Sandi critic) ex-cig employee Darth Alyssa on INN's "Beefcast" video show recently. He is, then, rather arbitrary in opposition to critics- unless he gives women a pass simply because they're female.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

A Citizen posted:

OK I understand your frustration and in game there will be the reputation system and green zones to help balance the game out. You have to understand that people have been waiting to play this game for awhile now and want to shoot at anything. Star Citizen alpha is like that hot date that is finally going to put out.

:barf:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

Why not have the game play you while it multitasks your life?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like how everything has basically come to reddit reading this thread while this thread reads reddit and everyone is just waiting for ds to do something or maybe not.

Then every one in a while someone posts something octopede doesn't know poo poo about and he furiously Googles what it is and posts then disappears for a week.

All of this is incredibly stupid but for some reason still entertaining. Lol.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dusty Lens posted:

Some of my best friends are pvp but I wouldn't want my sister getting ganked on a landing platform.

Its ok... the StarCitizens dont gank people, they merely lock them up and rape-dungeon their character.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

Well, there's a reason you shouldn't take game design ideas from the fans. There's a reason people run everywhere in MMOs, and fast travel has come to dominate RPGs. If CR does make good on his vague mumbled threats to disable that at some point I think he'll get a rude surprise.
Oh, believe me... I know. I've been reading the RSI Game Ideas forum.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

I think he also declared that he knew Beer was "not a good person" or something to that effect -- because Beer betrayed CIG by encouraging refunds and rebuking Sandi and Chris publically.

That's why it was rather strange that he had another suspected traitor (and known Sandi critic) ex-cig employee Darth Alyssa on INN's "Beefcast" video show recently. He is, then, rather arbitrary in opposition to critics- unless he gives women a pass simply because they're female.

Was that before or after my open letter to Sandi where I said she shared some of the blame if someone killed themselves overcSC? I think it was after.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Justin Tyme posted:

Isn't pegging in-game currencies to the dollar really bad for ingame economies? I remember someone had a big effortpost about it once.

It's about the stupidest loving thing you can do for a wide variety of reasons.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/133010/why-chris-s-idea-about-direct-uec-sales-is-flawed/p1

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Star citizen posted:

This, plus the fact that I've had a 10% success rate getting into the game for more than 3 minutes straight really infuriates me.

:f5:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Was that before or after my open letter to Sandi where I said she shared some of the blame if someone killed themselves overcSC? I think it was after.

You're not a good person. Obviously something is going on in your life that has made you bitter and angry. I just hope you get the help you need.

Paraphrasing because I can't find the exact quote.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

i also like to date bi-polar people with parkinsons

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

Its ok... the StarCitizens dont gank people, they merely lock them up and rape-dungeon their character.

My original response was depressing so I deleted it.

Star Citizen is a real downer if you stop laughing long enough to really take in the view.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah I think after. One should not expect to impugn m'lady Gardiner in the presence of the Right and Honorable Dolvak and not be rebuked. Honor must be satisfied.

(Note to Dolvak: whatever cred you think you earned with Sandi by siding with her against Beer you more than pissed away with the Beefcast. Like it or not, you're on Sandi's sheeeeeeeeit list with the rest of us now...)

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dusty Lens posted:

My original response was depressing so I deleted it.

Star Citizen is a real downer if you stop laughing long enough to really take in the view.

The game is depressing, but the sad part is the community is far and away the worst and most horrid bunch i think ive ever seen.

I had a lot more i was going to put here, but i need to collect my thoughts and today is a bad day to try and do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lol most of them dont even know what thats like.

• Locked thread