Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So I did a test. I knew literally nothing about Wing Commander (the games) and decided I would watch an entire playthrough of 3 and compare it with the blurb of "The Old Man".

Is CR so creatively bankrupt that he literally took Col. Blair or whatever his name is, aged him 20 years and gave him a lovely nickname?

Not only is the blurb so generic that my view started to fade and I forgot most colours but they couldn't even come up with a different character in any way, shape, or form?

Might as well call it Bland Citizen - It's something alright! *Fart*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
gently caress the Sandi comin straight from the underground,
a young nigga gettin fired cuz he brown.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

Some of my best friends are pvp but I wouldn't want my sister getting ganked on a landing platform.

I'm making this my sig on rsi.com

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

McGiggins posted:

Did Derek lawsuit yet?

I'm getting afraid he may have...

LOST THE CHOPS

to complete his holy task.

Also, if you have any chop recipes, feel free to post them in celebration of start citizen saving pc gaming.

The truth is your son, Zac, didn't have the chops to fly a Viper.

ed: I hope Sandi keeps taking lavish expensive trips with backer money. It makes me laugh at their wasteful spending. They remind me of kids who got their first college refund from college loans and blow it on stupid trips to Cancun.

kordansk fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 7, 2015

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

has anyone figured out what "reverse the verse" is supposed to mean yet

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Sankis posted:

has anyone figured out what "reverse the verse" is supposed to mean yet

Who cares, I hope he keeps stealing all of Joss Whedon's ideas and lingo so he gets sued into oblivion.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Ragequit posted:

I tweeted your blog which is why it got all the attention. You are welcome.

^this.

Period.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AlmightyPants posted:

If all the space whales end up with their thousand dollar spaceships gated behind a monthly fee I will have a hearty laugh. Because there's no way in hell that there's going to be enough money left to run the servers for this mess for free.

Nah, it's easy. They just have one server. One server holds 50 people at a time. You queue up until the guys already playing crash. It won't be a long wait.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I still can't completely get over how lovely a callsign "Old Man" is.

Maybe it's the same deal as the POTATO, it was meant to be a placeholder and Crobbits just forgot to take it out and by the time he realized it was too late.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is CR so creatively bankrupt that he literally took Col. Blair or whatever his name is, aged him 20 years and gave him a lovely nickname?

I played through, and for the most part enjoyed, the Wing Commander games as a kid and the story was never the attraction. They played OK and looked cool and when you're 12 looking cool goes a long way.

Christ, the main enemy were the Kilrathi who liked to Kill and were full of wrath. They also, as I found out a few years later, were pretty much a copy/paste of the Kzin from Larry Niven's Ringworld.

Most of the stuff in Wing Commander was just Crobbed from previous fictional works, largely unchanged and what spin he put on it was to the original source materials detriment.

Io_ fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 7, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sarsapariller posted:

What baffles me is that people like this apparently believe they have the ability to communicate. How do they get that impression? Do people actually spend the time to decipher this and respond? It doesn't seem like they'd be capable of reading it if you did. The whole forum would devolve into a series of incomprehensible morons making noises at one another, unable even to read each other's unique interpretations of the common language, for some kind of muted sense of having "Contributed." Which... yeah, that's basically the RSI forums.

I love that thread because the guy keeps doubling down when someone patiently tries to explain how high school physics works.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.allenstroud.co.uk/?q=Star+Citizen

Some guy writing about the drama.

linked back to this Did the Star Citizen trailer at the Game Awards restore anyone's faith?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So I did a test. I knew literally nothing about Wing Commander (the games) and decided I would watch an entire playthrough of 3 and compare it with the blurb of "The Old Man".

Not only is the blurb so generic that my view started to fade and I forgot most colours but they couldn't even come up with a different character in any way, shape, or form?

Might as well call it Bland Citizen - It's something alright! *Fart*

As someone who played WC3 and 4 (and had a passing knowledge of the first few games), my response to the first ever SC trailer was basically 'Well, this is an obviously Wing Commander inspired space game, just look at those ship designs'.

So, yeah, he is that creatively bankrupt.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

jaegerx posted:

non consensual pvp

however non consensual piv is the inevitable consequence of piracy and should be fully mocap animated

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIajs41Jrbs

:gary:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

duckfarts posted:

holy poo poo

the new goat simulator dlc looks really good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gsxg-Uc9k

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I love how the "flight model was garbage" when it's exactly as pitched: Newtonian with a fairly low speed cap to keep engagements fast paced - Freelancer 2.0. It's exactly what the people wanted too, right up until they could play it. I posted a bunch on this topic, and people kept calling me out how wrong I was. Now here we are :smug:

And while I personally understand why someone wouldn't like what they got (I like it a lot, because it's fast paced and deadly, a lot unlike elite dangerous), I also find it hilarious how they couldn't see the writing on the hill from miles away. There's tons of poo poo I could throw at the failings of this whole mess, but they nailed that down exactly. People just threw in too much cash for it to not be their dream game :v:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I'm so loving immersed right now

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

whoa, the physics model is looking a lot better now

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Io_ posted:

Maybe it's the same deal as the POTATO, it was meant to be a placeholder and Crobbits just forgot to take it out and by the time he realized it was too late.
"Potato" would make a better callsign.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vqvvj/ganking_in_the_pu_200_and_beyond/

These threads are just going to get more and more frequent and I love it. People called this years ago at the very start of the campaign, and here it is unfolding exactly as predicted. They've built an entire fanbase that cannot tolerate the thought that they cannot ever be a Malcolm Reynolds, in-game or out, because they are unable to deal with conflict on even the most superficial level.. I cannot wait to see the convoluted half-measures that CIG actually puts in place to ensure these people never have a moment of genuine challenge or failure in their ship-owning simulator.

I just want to thank all the goons participating in Operation gently caress You Sandi for all the fun I have been having ganking people these last few days. When the shitizens realize that Goons haven't gone anywhere but that we are right there ruining their "fun" from day one and the wailing and gnashing of teeth will become unbearable. I bet my left nut that CIGs attempts at putting an end to goon griefing will put the game so out of balance that they'll ruin it all by themselves.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Our Auroras will blot out the sun!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_TuJeg0Zzc&t=778s

I like this guy.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Link's dead :(

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:gary: :qq: :yarg: Pubbie tears nourish my soul.

Keep up the good job guys! I'm off to work now but I'll meet you guys again tonight for another raid. :getin:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 7, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MeLKoR posted:

:gary: :qq: :yarg:

Pubbie tears nourish my soul, keep up the good job guys!
Let's see if there's a message hidden in the big words... Eve, Eve, don't, Eve. Forced crap. Suck SC, large SC. PvP Eve and UEE.
Kinky.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

:gary: :qq: :yarg: Pubbie tears nourish my soul.

Keep up the good job guys! I'm off to work now but I'll meet you guys again tonight for another raid. :getin:

Yeah I really liked the run we had yesterday. There's something so satisfying about ganging up on these idiots who spent thousands of dollars and then watching their precious jpegs blow up in their face.

How's that for immersion :smuggo:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The "Old Man" thing hasn't gotten any better with that hilariously bad bio. I really, really hope they actually release something of SQ42 because if that is the standard of writing it's going to be a laugh riot.

Crashes aside this would actually make for a fun game if it was deliberately bad in the vein of Goat Simulator.

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vqvvj/ganking_in_the_pu_200_and_beyond/

These threads are just going to get more and more frequent and I love it. People called this years ago at the very start of the campaign, and here it is unfolding exactly as predicted. They've built an entire fanbase that cannot tolerate the thought that they cannot ever be a Malcolm Reynolds, in-game or out, because they are unable to deal with conflict on even the most superficial level.. I cannot wait to see the convoluted half-measures that CIG actually puts in place to ensure these people never have a moment of genuine challenge or failure in their ship-owning simulator.

lol

quote:

quote:

PrinceJonn Rear Admiral 8 points 3 hours ago

You should read this post. This pvp slider is the only reason I will play on the real MMO and not a solo server. I am a total carebear and hate pvp. I want to explore, and kill NPCs with friends. Not at all interested in playing the pvp clusterfuck that is EVE. Horrid memories from that game.

https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/7389-pve-pvp-slider/

PrinceJonn Rear Admiral 3 points 2 hours ago

This feature has been in the plans since I started backing (#78146) and I will throw an unholy fit and set up my private server if they remove that slider. #carebearforlife

So he's relying on CIG to implement at least one of these features, if not both. They've promised so much crap over the years there's gonna be a new shitfit thrown every time they announce another feature has been cut.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

It really is a great sign when the fan base for your game wants to be able to pirate, plunder and furry rape other people but how DARE anyone do it to them.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Suggestion: a rape slider where you can select what level of abuse you receive and whether it's carried out by NPCs or other players.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Seems like some people on the official forums are waking up to the fact that CIG's vision of multicrew gameplay is probably going to suck for everyone who's not the pilot. Don't worry too much though, I'm sure croberts is going to find a way to make sitting in a poorly armed low visibility turret for a hour fun.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
So moving the slider back and forth would simulate the rape? Would this be like another minigame?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Space libertarianism. "It's a free market buddy, if you got screwed over by me you should have been more careful! What, you're screwing me over? NAP NAP NAP!"

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

kikkelivelho posted:

Seems like some people on the official forums are waking up to the fact that CIG's vision of multicrew gameplay is probably going to suck for everyone who's not the pilot. Don't worry too much though, I'm sure croberts is going to find a way to make sitting in a poorly armed low visibility turret for a hour fun.

Lol if you aren't adopting children on the condition they man your turrets for 12 hours a day.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Should make a free demo version of the game where you can only control turrets and ship subsystem stations.

edit: if it actually existed in a completed and not broken and actually fun form that is

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Sarsapariller posted:

Just...wow. The Goonfear in that thread is hilarious.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I suggested the game should be f2p, but a "pilot's license" costs the game box, so people can try it out and see what it looks like, but can't fly a ship. Kinda like what wh40k then did with free to ork. I still think it's a good idea.

Of course, brown sea though it was the worst idea because then there'd be so many plebs looking for jobs, it'd be hard to track spies and backstabbers

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Just rehashing here, but I'm laughing out loud right now at the thought of people spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on their space-based rape dungeons, furiously masturbating fantasizing about all the things they are going to do to when the game is released, but being so afraid of goons that they won't take them out of the hangar.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Erenthal posted:

Just rehashing here, but I'm laughing out loud right now at the thought of people spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on their space-based rape dungeons
Is it really a dungeon if it's at minimum hundreds of kilometers above the ground? Are there underground spaceship hangars? Are they as terrible to find a spot in as underground carparks? Do ships legally transition from aircraft to dungeon when entering these hangars? These are the true ethical questions that Star Citizen asks that nobody else dares.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

uhm, don't they have to, like, build a game first? Or did I get that wrong somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

uhm, don't they have to, like, build a game first? Or did I get that wrong somehow?

They've built the perfect game for people that like to troll other players!

• Locked thread