Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Damnit!! I knew that when this popped up, I should've archived it. Did someone managed to grab it?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/301882/derek-smart-this-guy-has-lost-it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

2DCAT posted:

Just...wow. The Goonfear in that thread is hilarious.

I like goons being depicted as some kind of space ISIS, sending out an endless stream of suicide pilots. Practice your ululation, brothers ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7OvU5JIcI

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So I did a test. I knew literally nothing about Wing Commander (the games) and decided I would watch an entire playthrough of 3 and compare it with the blurb of "The Old Man".

Is CR so creatively bankrupt that he literally took Col. Blair or whatever his name is, aged him 20 years and gave him a lovely nickname?

Not only is the blurb so generic that my view started to fade and I forgot most colours but they couldn't even come up with a different character in any way, shape, or form?

Might as well call it Bland Citizen - It's something alright! *Fart*

Fan theory - star citizen only has three characters, but because of alien space magic they are split into multiple bodies!

The gruff military man who gets poo poo done but cares deep down.

The no good by the book paper pusher flying a desk

The foreigner come to take are country from us

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

2DCAT posted:

Just...wow. The Goonfear in that thread is hilarious.

This community is one that had a major space guild self-implode in 2013, primarily thanks to the leader's paranoid goonfear making him forget to take care of his site. By this point no one should be surprised at the goonfear from SC's general community.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

BMan posted:

I have been infused with glorious purpose.

http://robo-roberts.appspot.com/

It's powered by :science:neural networks:science:

quote:

Greetings Citizens,

As we work in the upcoming location system for Star Citizen Alpha 1.1.5 and we will be an exciting month for the community supporting the FPS weapons of the AOE and Terra Gazette. The Broad Delay and Chris Roberts has been our long term concept sale for the launcher. It may have started building the contact systems for the works that will really reward large space and the simple character and multi-crew ships with the animations make this transport system with the Gamescom functionality to make sure that the message will be introduced with the textures that was a complex camera on the FPS module. The activity of the Arena Commander Star Citizen can provide a better plan to make Star Citizen and make sure that we will have to support Star Marine from an interactive mode where he lets the game should be even major and fun. We have prepared an exclusive internal place to continue a new stream in the new performance of having that set of blockers. This month we welcome the Reliant for the Austin and service more information on the opportunity to add how to the public in the new content to the base new ships. It’s also looking forward to answering Star Marine.

Star Citizen Alpha 1.1.5 releases integration in New Year, the space launch is designed by the Star Citizen team. This work will be passed about the Gamescom programmers which allows us to put together various things that will be outfitted as the progress we started to work ont in ships to the game.

quote:

The Broad Delay and Chris Roberts has been our long term concept sale for the launcher.

I am inspired.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 7, 2015

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Apparently someone on reddit left the game running for 20 hours (with the offline hack) and successfully flew from one location to another with only super cruise. The station and enemies loaded fine at the destination. The players character model however went through some weird distortions, like the pilots hands growing bigger.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

:tinfoil:

That's loving weird. That post shows up on my history of discussions when I'm logged in, but not when I'm logged out. CIG's probation system is a nightmare. You can visit the forums, but only some weird subset of forum posts with rules that make no sense. Most of the links you guys have here require me to log out in order to access anything. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Anyway here are two other relevant links. Both of these work for me logged out.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/106754/is-cig-s-credits-for-cash-approach-bad-for-the-game-economy/p1
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/113313/if-cig-decided-to-not-sell-credits-what-would-be-the-alternative/p1

Here's the post that I can't seem to link anymore:

quote:

Why Chris's Idea About Direct UEC Sales is Flawed

In the last 10 For the Chair, Chris reiterated that the way CIG intends to generate revenue is through a combination of new game sales (EDIT: plus expansions) and selling UEC directly to players. I've been consistently opposed to this idea for some time, and think there are alternatives that would be far superior. In answering the question this week (twice) he cements his position that direct UEC sales will be a viable means of generating revenue for the continued operation of the game. I feel this approach ignores several flaws that will ultimately be bad for CIG and force them to change to something else, and that there are superior alternatives which can benefit everyone.

Please note that this discussion is focused on the revenue generation aspect of Chris's approach, and not about the in-game effects like inflation.

The CIG Approach
CIG's plan is to sell new copies of the game that contain a starter ship, presumably an Aurora, at a comparable price to other games. To provide additional revenue they will sell UEC at a fixed rate. The current rate is $1 for 1000 UEC, which translates to being able to purchase a Greycat buggy for $15. To prevent players from overwhelming the economy there will be a daily or weekly cap on the amount of UEC that can be purchased. Chris's explanation is that this will provide a means for time poor, cash rich players to keep up with cash poor, time rich players. The reason for this approach is because of Chris's philosophy with respect to payments. He is opposed (along with a very vocal portion of the Star Citizen community) to mandatory subscriptions. He also believes that every item, including cosmetic ones, should be obtainable in game and not put behind a pay wall. Finally he believes that there should be a balance in power between those with an excess of time and those with an excess of funds; games should neither be a grind or Pay2Win.

Because the revenue method relies on players choosing convenience, it's important to understand the scale of the economy. I can't find the sources, but two commonly cited values are that ships in the game will cost three times in UEC what the package costs in dollars and that the Constellation will require 60 hours of game effort to earn. This provides us with a reference point; a 750,000 UEC ($250 x 3 x 1000 UEC/$) starship will take 60 hours to purchase, suggesting CIG estimates players will be able to earn credits at a fixed rate of 12,500 UEC per hour. Now obviously these numbers are speculation of the highest order, but without any additional information they serve as a viable baseline.

The Flaws
Chris's proposed method has three major flaws. First, it places the burden of funding the game on casual players while providing no incentive for the more active players to participate. Second, it places CIG in direct competition (and at an inherent disadvantage with) gold farmers. Third, examples from other MMOs provides no support for this approach and plenty of evidence that it is not viable.

The Wrong Target
Online gaming funding typically falls into two categories. Either the funding model burdens everyone equally (new game sales, subscriptions), or the model targets the most active and engaged members (microtransactions). Many games use a hybrid approach where some kind of benefit purchased by casual players is transferred to the hardcore players in exchange for game currency. Examples of this include PLEX (EVE Online), CREDD (WildStar), and Gems (Guild Wars 2). Hardcore players also naturally have the option to purchase the benefit themselves. These methods work because the hardcore players generate a constant demand for something the casual players can provide, whether that be subscription token (PLEX, CREDD) or currency to buy special items (Gems).

Chris's approach eliminates the presence of the hardcore players and subsequently places the burden of funding the game entirely on the new and casual players. As the players become more established and generate more income on their own they will have less of a need to purchase UEC from CIG. Without a steady stream of new, casual players to fund the game the revenue stream dries up. This stands in sharp contrast to most games which focus on the most dedicated portion of the player base to fund the game; the people who use the services the most are the ones who pay for it. By targeting new and casual players, CIG is choosing to ignore the portion of the player base that is the most invested in the game and is more likely to pay for it.

The Price is Right for Farming
Assuming the numbers are even remotely correct then CIG expects players to earn on the order of 12,500 UEC per hour, which at the current exchange rate is $12.50 an hour. That's $5.25 more than US minimum wage, and 42 times the wage of a Chinese gold farmer. That leaves a considerable margin for gold farmers to exploit and severely undercut CIG's market rate. Even with money sinks like transaction fees it's unlikely that CIG will be able to match their prices, as anything that makes it harder for gold farmers to earn UEC will equally harm the player base. By offering something that players can just as easily earn in game CIG is exposing themselves to considerable risk; every dollar given to a gold farmer is most likely several dollars not going to CIG.

The pricing structure itself makes getting a deal even more enticing. While it's obvious that CIG has managed to capitalize on dedicated and hardcore space sim fans, how likely is it that a new player will be willing to spend the amount that backers have? At the current exchange rate for EVE $15 will buy you roughly half a billion ISK, which is enough to purchase and fit two battleships. In Star Citizen that same amount will buy you a glorified golf cart. A significant portion of the game's appeal is being shrouded by the unknown. Once we know exactly what a Hornet is and how it performs will people be as willing to pay $100 (let alone $300) for one?

Going At It Alone
The bottom line is very simple: no other game with a persistent economy directly sells currency. Those companies that do sell game currency (League of Legends, World of Tanks, previously Diablo III) do not have persistent economies where the players interact with one another. The vast majority of games with persistent economies offer a useful commodity that is then exchanged on the free market by the players. There are two reasons for this; virtual currencies are inherently volatile and all healthy economies feature a steady rate of inflation. This means that even though CIG may sell UEC at a fixed rate, the real value in the game will fluctuate rapidly and ultimately will decrease over time. As the game ages (and the population of veteran players with no need to purchase UEC grows) CIG will be forced to change their rates and offer more UEC for less cash. This is not conducive to long term sustainment.

The Alternative
Rather than directly sell UEC to new and casual players, CIG should sell a secondary currency that can be used to only purchase cosmetic items. For purposes of this discussion I'll call them spacebux. Spacebux would be sold at a fixed rate, and players who purchase the currency would have the option to exchange those credits in the game for UEC via the free market. To encourage new content, CIG would leverage community generated content in the same manner that SOE Player Studio and Steam Workshop do. We know from TNGS that this community has a massive level of talent, and by offering to sell cosmetic items that meet the standards of Star Citizen new stuff can be constantly added. Please note that this would only be used to sell cosmetic community generated items and not something like a new starship.

This approach has multiple benefits for CIG. It provides an incentive for players of every level to fund the game while still providing an avenue for casual players to make UEC without resorting to gold farmers. It provides a constant, reliable source of income for CIG that has been proven to work in other games. It's popular with the community while still staying in line with Chris's philosophy. And it separates the risk of UEC volatility and devaluation from CIG's revenue stream. Because spacebux are exclusively for cosmetic items there can be no allegation of "Pay2Win" and people who choose to not participate will not have any disadvantage.

This would obviously require additional effort from CIG, but the benefits would be worth it. First CIG would need to have staff dedicated towards reviewing and accepting community generated content. The fact that SOE and Valve already do this suggests it is fiscally viable. Second CIG would need to maximize the number of cosmetic options in the game. We know that they're going to be using Kingdom Come's clothing system which will promise a huge number of options for outfitting characters, but CIG could also open up the appearance of weapons and armor by separating the cosmetic component of these items from the gameplay component. This is similar to how SWTOR works with equipment and modifications. The equipment establishes the appearance and base performance of an item, and the modifications adjust the stats. This ensures that players can change and perfect their appearance without having to sacrifice power for good looks.

TLDR
The proposed method of funding the game is flawed. It focuses on new players while providing no reason for established players to fund the game, puts CIG in direct competition with gold farmers, and there is no evidence with other games that this method will work. Using an alternative method where CIG sells a secondary currency used to purchase cosmetic and community generated items is superior for a multitude of reasons.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
It feels enriching to be a boogeyman.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Truga posted:

I love how the "flight model was garbage" when it's exactly as pitched: Newtonian with a fairly low speed cap to keep engagements fast paced - Freelancer 2.0. It's exactly what the people wanted too, right up until they could play it. I posted a bunch on this topic, and people kept calling me out how wrong I was. Now here we are :smug:

And while I personally understand why someone wouldn't like what they got (I like it a lot, because it's fast paced and deadly, a lot unlike elite dangerous), I also find it hilarious how they couldn't see the writing on the hill from miles away. There's tons of poo poo I could throw at the failings of this whole mess, but they nailed that down exactly. People just threw in too much cash for it to not be their dream game :v:

The flight experience as pitched was shown in the opening trailer: WW2-style air combat in space with chases and staying on people's tails and everything else from the space sim trope. I disagree that what people have now is what was originally advertised. That said what they have is not a bad thing, especially if larger craft have to fly differently.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'll concede that the flight model we have is nothing like the flight model they still keep showing in their cinematics, which is definitely a bad thing.

That said, the flight model CR was describing since pretty much the start is just "straight up Newtonian with a speedcap", and it was really easy to see what kind of baggage that'd drag along with it. I think apart from some control issues, which might have been solved by now if anyone at CIG still cared, they even did a really good job of implementing a low speed 6dof combat.

Hell, maybe they even are solved, I just don't have access to a hornet any longer, so I have no idea, because apparently consistent testing matters less than what level I pledged at. :cripes:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Hammerstein posted:

I like goons being depicted as some kind of space ISIS, sending out an endless stream of suicide pilots. Practice your ululation, brothers ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7OvU5JIcI

That reminds me just recently someone on r/eve compared goons to ISIS when they crashed a charity event and blew up some autism chariots

It's nearly enough to make me want to play EVE again but then I remember the game

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Berious posted:

That reminds me just recently someone on r/eve compared goons to ISIS when they crashed a charity event and blew up some autism chariots

It's nearly enough to make me want to play EVE again but then I remember the game

Yeah... when you remember that it's an excel spread sheet simulator it kinda loses its appeal.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Strategic Tea posted:

Fan theory - star citizen only has three characters, but because of alien space magic they are split into multiple bodies!

The gruff military man who gets poo poo done but cares deep down.

The no good by the book paper pusher flying a desk

The foreigner come to take are country from us

And Sandi who's the best everything in the fleet just like Starbuck in hit tv show Battlestar Galactica also she somehow finds time to be a very successful space Oscar winning actress

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

grimcreaper posted:

Yeah... when you remember that it's an excel spread sheet simulator it kinda loses its appeal.

I still regret not having been part of that though, anything that created this amount of PTSD in spergs must have been worth it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

And Sandi who's the best everything in the fleet just like Starbuck in hit tv show Battlestar Galactica also she somehow finds time to be a very successful space Oscar winning actress

but enough about the space hookers.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Majestic as gently caress

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

I still regret not having been part of that though, anything that created this amount of PTSD in spergs must have been worth it.

One of my favorite memories was from when I first joined the swarm. I was sitting in a lot of low security sectors hunting a few pirate groups that dropped some fairly rare items that went for a nice chunk of change.

A guy tried to gank my t1 destroyer with his t3 destroyer and failed pretty misrebly. His lasers didn't even scratch my drakes armor. Managed to kill him and a friend of his that jumped in as he died and went about my business. Went to the next sector and started hunting the npc pirates not thinking much of it. Bad choice on my part.

The guys Corp decides to send like 30 guys to kill me. See them all blip in system and I proceed to high tail it to the nearest gate. They followed me through 6 or 7 jumps getting closer each time. And then a miracle took place.

DBRB and a goon fleet of about 300 ships jumped in system just as I was about to hit the gate with the guys right on my rear end. They were shooting at me as the swarm appeared in ever increasing numbers and proceeded to rape the guys pretty badly.

And that's the story of how I accidently got the swarm to destroy my stalkers. It was a glorious day for the SS Shitshow.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.twitch.tv/geekdomo

He's playing now.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

MeLKoR posted:

:gary: :qq: :yarg: Pubbie tears nourish my soul.

Keep up the good job guys! I'm off to work now but I'll meet you guys again tonight for another raid. :getin:

If you read org as orgy it is a quite enjoyable read.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

update: he woke up, walked down some stairs, crashed.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

A Neurotic Jew posted:

same, but this last friday IRL. My pain means more than anyone's stream of Star Citizen atm.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Reddit: "How to explain Star Citizen to people who don't get it?"

quote:

"Lately I have been talking to my friends about Star Citizen. Mostly I have apparently been failing to explain it properly. Mainly it is due to someone finding out how much money I have spent on the game followed by skeptical looks and me getting far too hype then annoyed by what I perceive to be stupid or asinine questions.

I usually try to explain what the game is going to be, but once I explain what it is currently the skepticism comes out usually followed by "and you had to buy a pretend spaceship in order to play a pretend game within the unfinished game? and you have bought how many ships?"

Once that line comes out it is usually game over. I try to explain what you are buying with the $45 is a game package including the game, squadron 42 game, and a space ship. but then the questions about why I had to buy those other ships comes out, at which point I tell them I didn't have to buy them I chose to because I wanted them and I believe in the project and wish to support it further.

and it usually just devolves from there.... kind of frustrating.

how do you guys usually explain the game? I feel that a succinct summary of the game and funding model may be the best solution."

quote:

"Those friends calling you stupid... embrace them... those are your real friends..."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It would be a shame if on top of all the crashing someone was to repeatedly gank the SC streamers whenever they tried to leave the starting base.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

goty

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MeLKoR posted:

It would be a shame if on top of all the crashing someone was to repeatedly gank the SC streamers whenever they tried to leave the starting base.

This post will be linked to in the future to prove that, in spite of the vast majority by now pulling out and fully refunding, yes - every person that does this in SC is always a goon.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I am the one who ganks.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Berious posted:

:allears:

I cannot wait to see what half baked amateur Mary Sue bullshit they come up with for that egomaniac.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I want to publicly thank Jeff_K for sending me that CIG account with the PTU invite, this was the best money I've spent. The rage of these assholes whenever I ram them a new one is loving Biblical. If they are getting this worked up now just wait until it's no longer just a dozen goons only minimally organized. The wailing and gnashing of teeth when the full extent of goon presence becomes obvious and the serious permanent long term consequences trolling begins will be something for the history books. :getin:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 7, 2015

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

I want to publicly thank Jeff_K for sending me that CIG account with the PTU invite, this was the best money I've spent. The rage of these assholes whenever I ram them a new one is loving Biblical. If they are getting this worked up now just wait until it's no longer just a dozen goons only minimally organized. The wailing and gnashing of teeth when the full extent of goon presence becomes obvious and the serious permanent long term consequences trolling begins will be something for the history books. :getin:

Is it possible to have a coordinated ramming group or are you not able to play with friends?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

poo poo like this is precisely why I was so excited about the possibility of what this game could be.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

neonbregna posted:

Is it possible to have a coordinated ramming group or are you not able to play with friends?

It doesn't even have to be coordinated ramming, it's enough that a lot of the time there is someone around ramming and stealing ships and ruining their immersion. I've made it my personal goal to see how far they can take it before they throw their hands up in disgust until CIG releases something new that they hope they will be able to enjoy. But by the time that happens it won't be just a dozen goons going mostly solo like me. :black101:

Why wait for things to come tumbling down by themselves when we can easily troll the old timers and especially the newcomers out of the game with so little effort. The more ganking the less funding I always say.

Hey Derek, have you considered making a donation for the Jihad fund? You could easily bank dozens of gankers and then poo poo would really start to get funny.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 7, 2015

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010

I told the streamer it was down for maintenance when the launcher wouldn't work. Crisis averted.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

D_Smart posted:

uhm, don't they have to, like, build a game first? Or did I get that wrong somehow?

The game as it exists is sufficient for trolling Citizens with paper-thin skin. Really the thing is, they are currently so thin skinned that the random brownian motion of noobs flying ships and occasionally colliding with them is being interpreted as deliberate organized trolling. Disinformation and the usual assumption that Goons are behind everything will no doubt do the rest. They have no idea what's coming if the game gets a little further along.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Truga posted:

I'll concede that the flight model we have is nothing like the flight model they still keep showing in their cinematics, which is definitely a bad thing.

That said, the flight model CR was describing since pretty much the start is just "straight up Newtonian with a speedcap", and it was really easy to see what kind of baggage that'd drag along with it. I think apart from some control issues, which might have been solved by now if anyone at CIG still cared, they even did a really good job of implementing a low speed 6dof combat.

Hell, maybe they even are solved, I just don't have access to a hornet any longer, so I have no idea, because apparently consistent testing matters less than what level I pledged at. :cripes:

Like most of Star Citizen CR's descriptions are intentionally vague enough that they can be used to describe anything. That's because he talks about the tech and not the actual mechanics. That said you're right about SC having a distinct (and often fun) flight experience. It's been months since I played it so I'm not sure how things have change. What bothers me is that CIG has created this really interesting and dynamic flight experience with fast paced action and then hosed it all up with their bullshit fainting and g-force mechanics. It's stupid, especially when you consider that your ship can be spinning at a hilariously high rate and you can walk around the inside like nothing matters.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vqvvj/ganking_in_the_pu_200_and_beyond/

These threads are just going to get more and more frequent and I love it. People called this years ago at the very start of the campaign, and here it is unfolding exactly as predicted. They've built an entire fanbase that cannot tolerate the thought that they cannot ever be a Malcolm Reynolds, in-game or out, because they are unable to deal with conflict on even the most superficial level.. I cannot wait to see the convoluted half-measures that CIG actually puts in place to ensure these people never have a moment of genuine challenge or failure in their ship-owning simulator.

you should set your next SC bug video to their #1 song: FULL BURN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxh4i3ZEqQ

:barf:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

The game as it exists is sufficient for trolling Citizens with paper-thin skin. Really the thing is, they are currently so thin skinned that the random brownian motion of noobs flying ships and occasionally colliding with them is being interpreted as deliberate organized trolling. Disinformation and the usual assumption that Goons are behind everything will no doubt do the rest. They have no idea what's coming if the game gets a little further along.

The game already offers so much. One of my most exhilirating gaming moments of recent times was in PTU 2.0, getting onboard a Constellation where 3 friends tried to go and do missions, crawling in the shadows so they wouldn't notice me and rushing for the pilot seat the moment their pilot got up only to ram the ship into a station killing all of us.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not all brownian motion and some coincidences are not just coincidences. Where goons are involved you really shouldn't assume stupidity if malice is an equally valid possibility. ;)

But it is true that I'm still learning to fly... See you guys in the Verse. :laugh:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I remember reading the very same post, but with bitcoins. It's uncanny how internet madmen cling to things and act in very similar patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

We should hold votings for #1 goon poster of the year with sub-cats for the larger threads. AP would be very high on my list to vote for. (only topped by Prof. Dr. D_SSSSMart himself)

• Locked thread