Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Quoted in the OP, I'm so proud.

Brawling fun, playing with goons fun. Stomping pubbies with twice our total weight fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

pun pundit posted:

No I'd like the torso to follow the arm cursor at its own speed like normal but I want the camera to centre on the arm cursor rather than on the torso aim point.

man that sounds like the way mwo normally aims with arm lock off

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 7, 2015

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Willfrey posted:

3rd edit: i mean, there is an option as well as a bindable toggle key for locking the arms to the torso reticle, if that is what you mean

No. I want the camera to follow the mouse (which in MWO means the camera would centre on the arm aim point), and the torso to then orient to that direction on its own time. Last time I installed the game I had the option to hold down a button for "free look", but I would not like to hold down a button and I would like the torso to rotate toward my aim point, not stay in position. Is that currently possible in MWO?

E: that was years ago though and people laughed at me and called it a stupid idea so if it's now the standard way to aim that's a pretty big turn around.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 7, 2015

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
the gently caress?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

teepo posted:

the gently caress?

Here's what I think he means:

Currently the camera always follows the torso aiming reticle. What he wants is for the camera to follow the arm reticle. Maybe he wants to play MWO with a VR headset? That's the only way that change makes any sense to me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Battlemaster 1s makes a fun alternative as an srm brawler. Missiles refire really fast with quirks and modules and it can be a bit quicker than the splatlas. Shame its so fragile though. Its actually fatter than the atlas with much less hp and no ablative appendages :/

splatlas is loving amazing though. During a press the first assault mech I see is going to die. If he's standing next to a heavy both of them are going to die. Then I'll maul a third assault/heavy before going down in a blaze of glory. I honestly think I'm packing more ammo than I'll ever use on this thing...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

I've got to say, from an outsider's perspective all the red meat they're throwing to the community in the last two weeks is kind of suspicious. It's either the world's best timing from a company that's never demonstrated the ability, or they held back a lot of fixes that they knew would get people hyped up until just before the Steam release.

Its not terribly suspicious. They've been making good improvements over the past year but most of it has been little stuff here and there. Biggest change prior to this last patch was probably the mechlab 3.0 or the tutorial. Its really annoying that what amounts to XML changes was so low on their priorities when it made such a massive improvement to the game though. Huge dick move on their part.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Rhymenoserous posted:

splatlas is loving amazing though. During a press the first assault mech I see is going to die. If he's standing next to a heavy both of them are going to die. Then I'll maul a third assault/heavy before going down in a blaze of glory. I honestly think I'm packing more ammo than I'll ever use on this thing...

generally I've been using three tons each for AC/20 and SRM6s, with four tons for the SRMs if I'm using the Atlas-S. I almost never run out before losing the weapons.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Great Beer posted:

Its not terribly suspicious. They've been making good improvements over the past year but most of it has been little stuff here and there. Biggest change prior to this last patch was probably the mechlab 3.0 or the tutorial. Its really annoying that what amounts to XML changes was so low on their priorities when it made such a massive improvement to the game though. Huge dick move on their part.

Remember the PTS though. There was a huge, game wrecking set of changes that they tried then backed off from when they were clearly dumb.

It's the second bit that's new.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

sebmojo posted:

Remember the PTS though. There was a huge, game wrecking set of changes that they tried then backed off from when they were clearly dumb.

It's the second bit that's new.

I mean they are still bad and lame, but they have shown a recent tendency to be less bad and lame? It may not last but for now it's nice.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Maybe the reason they put what was essentially XML tweaks down the list was probably a mentality of "Ah, we'll get to those eventually because they're so simple. For now, let's work on this new and time-consuming :circlefap: project!"

Maybe. :shobon:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I've been rolling with a 3x UAC/10, 5xMPL direwolf-B in CW over the weekend. It doesn't last long, but it doesn't have to. Before the brawl-friendly changes I'd never have dreamed of fielding it, but now it has a chance to really shine.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Great Beer posted:

Well, I'm glad of it either way. I have too much of a backlog to leap back into MWO this month but it warms my cold callous heart to know that people are enjoying holiday robbits.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

A.o.D. posted:

Currently the camera always follows the torso aiming reticle. What he wants is for the camera to follow the arm reticle.

That's what I was trying to get across, yes. Is this currently possible to do in MWO?

v v v that sounds like "no". Thanks.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 7, 2015

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can lock your arms to your torso, or you can hold the leg lock key like a protool.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Well if you hold freelook then the camera follows the arms, but that also locks the torso in place. Having the camera follow the arms and also twist the torso to follow sounds interesting but it also sounds like it would induce :barf:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Only use turn to aim.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Currently the camera always follows the torso aiming reticle. What he wants is for the camera to follow the arm reticle. Maybe he wants to play MWO with a VR headset? That's the only way that change makes any sense to me.

he wants to play like an elite player, blasting one mech with his arm weapons and another with his torso

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Willfrey posted:

he wants to play like an elite player, blasting one mech with his arm weapons and another with his torso

I mean, you CAN do that using freelook, but pulling it off with any regularity would be drat near impossible

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Willfrey posted:

That's a good way to have a sibling steal your kill and shoot you in the back. After that, you end up as a maintenance tech and can only resume piloting mechs under an assumed name and the only way to regain your right to pilot a 'mech is under a trial of refusal and end up in charge of a disgraced unit. Better to just do things the normal way.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

That's a good way to have a sibling steal your kill and shoot you in the back. After that, you end up as a maintenance tech and can only resume piloting mechs under an assumed name and the only way to regain your right to pilot a 'mech is under a trial of refusal and end up in charge of a disgraced unit. Better to just do things the normal way.

Those were bad books.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Willfrey posted:

Why would this be a thing you want to do? The fastest way to kill robits is to focus fire. The surest way to ensure your team takes less damage while continuing to do more damage to them is to kill robits.

I mean poo poo sounds great in fluff "In a virtuoso display of mech piloting Phelan Allard-Liao aimed his topmost chest pulse laser at the atlas, and the lower one at michael stackpoles bad writing, scoring hits against both" but in practice it's kinda dumb.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Skoll posted:

Those were bad books.

Never claimed otherwise.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Never claimed otherwise.

No, I understand.. Aidan Pryde is just a horrible Mary Sue-ish character though. Most of the BT books are bad, but there are some gems. I actually liked Hearts of Chaos.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I like reading AoD posts in an angry AoD voice.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

various cheeses posted:

I like reading AoD posts in an angry AoD voice.

This is not the first time I've gotten a comment on my voice. What's so special about it?

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal
God drat it, don't make me do it boys

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chemical_Ali posted:

God drat it, don't make me do it boys

- A person talking themselves into something.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

This is not the first time I've gotten a comment on my voice. What's so special about it?

I don't know honestly, I can just clearly hear all these posts in your voice.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ugh I just finally pulled the plug on uninstalling MWO a couple weeks ago and now PGI accidentally falls backwards into making good changes?

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
State of play report for WoL

Last night, Sebmojo asked me back to the hollowed halls of WoL and we played on the CW for team Laos, which is a team in India. I haven't played on the CW in so long time I didn't recognise any of the maps, even though i pressed 'B'! One was a lumpy one and one was a one with some buildings and guns which went BOOM a lot to shoot invisible spaceships and not the enemies spaceships which is dumb. I accidentally took a UAC Jager in my first deck which got broke by the enemies, so I replaced it with a Thunderbolt in the second match. Now i had three Thunderbolts, which is a lot of Thunderbolts. I tried to think of a joke involving a Zeus, but I didn't. Despite being a tear 4 in Inner Circle Robots we won both matches against the shiny hordes of Timberpuppies and Cheetos. There was some brawling, and my KDR went up a whole little. I became rank 4 and got a Gazelle Dropping ornament, which I think is yucky..

End of state of play report for WoL

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Remember when Transverse failed and they drew up a quick design document for Community Warfare and it was obvious they had done zero work on it up until that point? Even though had been saying for two years they were working really hard on it? So basically they just lied to people for two years?

Man that was funny.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Remember when Transverse failed and they drew up a quick design document for Community Warfare and it was obvious they had done zero work on it up until that point? Even though had been saying for two years they were working really hard on it? So basically they just lied to people for two years?

Man that was funny.

10/3/14...Never forget. :911:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Man that was funny.

yeah its in the OP

:chillpill:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Willfrey posted:

yeah its in the OP

:chillpill:

Sorry didn't read OP.

Just reminiscing about some of the wacky funny times with PGI! Don't know why you think I need to chill...

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
Having even the original CW generated a ton of user activity until they reset it. If they had even poo poo out a slightly better version of it in the beginning, what could have been?

Also I really hope transverse was one of those idiots baby and it makes them feel deeply sad whenever they think about how hard it failed

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Sorry didn't read OP.

Just reminiscing about some of the wacky funny times with PGI! Don't know why you think I need to chill...

because you post the same crap every 2 pages. the chill pill is ritalin

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Willfrey posted:

because you post the same crap every 2 pages. the chill pill is ritalin

It's only a five page thread!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MadWOPR posted:

Also I really hope transverse was one of those idiots baby and it makes them feel deeply sad whenever they think about how hard it failed

Imagine if Transverse had gotten off the ground and D-Smart got it in his sights alongside, or in place of, Star Citizen.

Now that would have been magical.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I played for the first time since CW came out last night. Brawling seems to be viable again and the Menturion is fun. I also managed to drop in a stupid cent ah I didn't even know I owned that had an AC20 and an LRM10 :psyduck:

All in all shot robots had fun. Madness.

• Locked thread