Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

Anyway, why Ernie?

Because of the way the vote momentum swung after [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753141&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post453511490]this votefinder post[/b]. Ernie was one of the vote leaders, but then there was a super fast swing onto Vimes predicated on, well, not much of anything. However, Ernie wasn't leading the charge and hopped on the vote after having nothing to say about him previously, and after saying that you and BK were his top scum picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

Because of the way the vote momentum swung after this votefinder post. Ernie was one of the vote leaders, but then there was a super fast swing onto Vimes predicated on, well, not much of anything. However, Ernie wasn't leading the charge and hopped on the vote after having nothing to say about him previously, and after saying that you and BK were his top scum picks.

fixed link

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
did we ever get a final votecount for day 1?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Exakt should I eat you y/n/m

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

Exakt should I eat you y/n/m

depends. do you want a snack with a tasty kick?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

EXAKT Science posted:

Because of the way the vote momentum swung after [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753141&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post453511490]this votefinder post[/b]. Ernie was one of the vote leaders, but then there was a super fast swing onto Vimes predicated on, well, not much of anything. However, Ernie wasn't leading the charge and hopped on the vote after having nothing to say about him previously, and after saying that you and BK were his top scum picks.

This is more thought than I have put into anything this whole game.

##vote ernie.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EXAKT Science posted:

EAT THEM FROM THE OVEN OR THE MICROWAVE. THINK ABOUT ALL THE TIME YOU SAVE.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jimson posted:

##vote ernie.

Scumhunting. It's literally all we have. But is it any good?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

EAT THEM FROM THE OVEN OR THE MICROWAVE. THINK ABOUT ALL THE TIME YOU SAVE.

Totino's? Totino's! How did you know??

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

Scumhunting. It's literally all we have. But is it any good?

depends if you are a scum, i think

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hmmmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

SCUM CLAIM RIGHT HERE.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

SCUM CLAIM RIGHT HERE.

go on

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yes please do

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Thats exactly what Exakt would say if they were scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Therefore it is a scum claim. That's a little thing called logic.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
keane we go through this song and dance every single game

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
also you are obviously a scum for not wanting to eat a delicious totino's pizza roll

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Therefore it is a scum claim. That's a little thing called logic.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SamVimes is scum IMO. It's entirely meta, but most of the time that he plays he tries to piece the game together in whatever ways make sense to him. Here he's being careful, critical and very very reserved. He is having none of our frivolity. I think he is scum.

##vote SSV

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

keane we go through this song and dance every single game

Yeah but some of our games are couples.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

"ernie is scum because other people voted sirsamvines"?

what?

Jimson posted:

##vote ernie.

##vote jimson

my vote won't be moving, it's to rid this game of lovely attitudes and i will die on this hill

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

"ernie is scum because other people voted sirsamvines"?

what?

##vote jimson

my vote won't be moving, it's to rid this game of lovely attitudes and i will die on this hill

Nice misrepresentation of my case there Ernie.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Nice misrepresentation of my case there Ernie.

haha i'm being trolled and it's not by cckeane, this is a new feeling

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i was one of the vote-leaders but there were others, including bottleknight. what makes me scum but him not based on the vote swing?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

i was one of the vote-leaders but there were others, including bottleknight. what makes me scum but him not based on the vote swing?

I didn't say that. You also were pretty strong on his being scum yesterday. Have you cooled on that for some reason?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

I didn't say that. You also were pretty strong on his being scum yesterday. Have you cooled on that for some reason?

no, but it doesn't matter because the context of the game's state matters more

yesterday i voted ssv and made it clear i was voting them on principle because i want to get the game going. same with my vote today on jimson. if that seems lovely to you, then call it that. but there's no need to invent 'scumhunting reasoning' to put a vote on me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

no, but it doesn't matter because the context of the game's state matters more

yesterday i voted ssv and made it clear i was voting them on principle because i want to get the game going. same with my vote today on jimson. if that seems lovely to you, then call it that. but there's no need to invent 'scumhunting reasoning' to put a vote on me.

I'm not inventing anything. I saw a shift in momentum and called it out.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and before you say 'i didn't invent anything' i want you to read your own 'case' and tell me if it, made by someone else, makes any sense at all to a reasonable reader

you lose track halfway through your own case and start going down a completely different line of reasoning.

that doesn't read like a case coming out of actual critical thought, but a case someone just wanted to throw down Just Because

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not inventing anything. I saw a shift in momentum and called it out.

a shift in momentum not led by me is absolutely worthless in every. single. universe. where. rational. thought. exists.

If Ernie is scum, then people helping him to shift momentum must be scum. Therefore, Go after Ernie???? That's circular, self-fulfilling reasoning.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not inventing anything.

Ernie. posted:

and before you say 'i didn't invent anything'

i'm just the best at mafia :3:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I mostly glossed over Exakt's case but the reasoning seems genuine to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Here's what I saw. Other people voted Vimes, you hopped onto the vote after it had started to pick up momentum, you justify it post facto by saying it's a policy vote based on his lurkiness. There's also this post from your exchange with Asiina:

Ernie. posted:

okay, if ssv doesn't gain traction

also i wasn't paying attention that you were voting him. suddenly him parking his vote on you seems a lot worse.

Why not just vote BK in the first place, when he's already a voteleader, and already someone you're reading as scum. Hopping onto the newly formed Vimes bandwagon doesn't make sense if you actually believe BK is scum.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

I mostly glossed over Exakt's case but the reasoning seems genuine to me.

I didn't say his reasoning was fake more that the motivation for that post is not scumhunting.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Here's what I saw. Other people voted Vimes, you hopped onto the vote after it had started to pick up momentum, you justify it post facto by saying it's a policy vote based on his lurkiness. There's also this post from your exchange with Asiina:

Why not just vote BK in the first place, when he's already a voteleader, and already someone you're reading as scum. Hopping onto the newly formed Vimes bandwagon doesn't make sense if you actually believe BK is scum.

Momentum. In that moment votes on ssv counted for more. Again, my play makes sense in context of the game's state, not in context of the content in it. I.e. anything that gets activity going.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

I didn't say his reasoning was fake more that the motivation for that post is not scumhunting.

so he's not scum, just dumb? is that your point? I know I'm boiling it down but I only look for fake posts when ~scumhunting~

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I still think bk is scum and I'd put a vote there. Unfortunately jimson is checked out of this game and I don't want that kind of low effort around.

If I wanted to hop a bandwagon I could have gone either way. If momentum shifted off me because I'm scum, it makes no sense for it not to shift to bk who was also a vote leader at the time unless you're saying both bk and I are scum in which case all the scum must be involved in this one hail Mary move at the end of a quiet d1.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jesus bk is not scum so get off his case ernie, jeez

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

so he's not scum, just dumb? is that your point? I know I'm boiling it down but I only look for fake posts when ~scumhunting~

I didn't say they are dumb. I think exakt is very smart which is why I don't think they'd make this kind of sloppy case unless they wanted to make a case to either get the game going or me talking or me out of the game or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

to either get the game going or me talking or me out of the game or whatever.

ERGO

• Locked thread