Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Abby is gettin all prettied up today. First a bath, then toenail clipping time, and then a thorough brushing in a desperate attempt to keep her from shedding loose fur all over every inch of the house. I have seen dogs in the past hate doing all 3 of those things but she's such a sweetie and is very lazy so she doesn't really care.

edit: Also, she's starting to get gray hairs around her face and her chest is already getting white. She's officially an old lady!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 8, 2015

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Hello Monty

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Nothing makes a lovely day better than dressing up your dogge!

Archer is the original OG

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ahahaha that dog knows he's hosed up. How did that even happen?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

pette all TSA dogs.

but don't pette guide dogs.

Well yes, i let working dogs that are doing work do their job unpetted.

But a working dogge who isn't in the middle of a job? It will get pettes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mattfl posted:

Nothing makes a lovely day better than dressing up your dogge!

Archer is the original OG

Looks like a dirty south album cover. This is a good thing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:stare:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Breakdancing dogs are the poo poo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:staredog:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
https://twitter.com/dog_rates?lang=en

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Assassin's Creed dog DLC looking good.

A pretty weird dogge.

ro5s fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 9, 2015

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-1he25j9E

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What the hell. All dogges are 13/10, whoever wrote those scores doesn't know anything

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Wife made a gif out of some photos of the late Nelson

WHAT YOU LOOKIN AT BITCH?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Post Zelda

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Post all The Ghoulish, Conspiracy Mongering Forums Dogges

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

This is my laptop background. It speaks to me. That piece of fuzz on the side of his snout is annoying the gently caress out of me though. Like a mustard stain on a tie.

I'm becoming that type of dog owner who prefers to hang out with Monty than hang out with any human. I legit get separation anxiety if I am away from him too long.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cole posted:

This is my laptop background. It speaks to me. That piece of fuzz on the side of his snout is annoying the gently caress out of me though. Like a mustard stain on a tie.

I'm becoming that type of dog owner who prefers to hang out with Monty than hang out with any human. I legit get separation anxiety if I am away from him too long.

That's because no human will ever love you like he does. You are his god. We bred dogs until they were programmed like that. It's loving amazing.

Dakota decided about a year ago that he was a cat and often chills on the back of the couch when I'm sitting on it.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 9, 2015

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
We had a border collie that would do that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrian Lannister posted:

He is such a little loving herder. Whenever other dogs or people are around being rowdy he gets into hall monitor mode and runs off to sort them out before returning to his perch to watch the flock.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Syrian Lannister posted:

My min pins do that if they're not burrowed under the blanket I keep on the couch for them

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cole posted:

Gimme a few hours and I'll remove it in Photoshop for ya.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
omg, give that dogge all the pettes :kimchi:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's because no human will ever love you like he does. You are his god. We bred dogs until they were programmed like that. It's loving amazing.

Dakota decided about a year ago that he was a cat and often chills on the back of the couch when I'm sitting on it.

Dogs have been with us since before there were permanent settlements, before the invention of the bow and arrow, before the fully-articulated concept of a god. Just a bit more recently then beer and furry art.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TAKE IT OUT NOW AND PETT

:shittydog:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I low-key wanna read a book about the domestication of dogs. Started about 6,000 years ago? So Sumerians? I want to say they drew a lot of poo poo of them with dogs by their side or hunting with dogs.

So I know the Wolfpack theory was debunked but are all dogs still supposed to have come from wolves?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

:3:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I low-key wanna read a book about the domestication of dogs. Started about 6,000 years ago? So Sumerians? I want to say they drew a lot of poo poo of them with dogs by their side or hunting with dogs.

So I know the Wolfpack theory was debunked but are all dogs still supposed to have come from wolves?

Check out COSMOS, the new series, Episode 02. Talks about dogs, although in a limited capacity.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wiggles doing her best impression of Jaws

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Dogs are basically our oldest, cutest, biotechnology.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

:yayclod:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Dogs began to diverge from wolves around 40,000 years ago. Domestication is usually dated around 33,000 BC. Exact numbers vary depending on source. These are from Wikipedia, checked against a few googled sciencey pages.

They're descended from a couple species of wolves: gray, and Taymyr. The latter is extinct. Some sources say they're exclusively from extinct species, but in any case Alaskan huskies have occasionally been (re-)bred with gray wolves. I've seen speculation about certain breeds having genes from other canine species, but I have no idea if there's actually evidence of that.

For comparison, cats are believed to have been domesticated between 7,500 and 9,500 years ago.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 9, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Monty is part velociraptor hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I'm not quite there yet, but let's assume I was ready to adopt.

Which one of these good dogs should I choose?
I'm torn (and can't get both, which of course would be the obvious choice).