Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

BottleKnight posted:

SamVimes is scum IMO. It's entirely meta, but most of the time that he plays he tries to piece the game together in whatever ways make sense to him. Here he's being careful, critical and very very reserved. He is having none of our frivolity. I think he is scum.

##vote SSV

woah someone who actually has a reason for voting me!!!

Ernie, you seem rather commited to the vote on me. Can you give a reason beyond "corrupting the game with my lackadaisical approach to mafia"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

You're 24 hours late!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
You guys have posted a lot tonight that I won't read but I'm happy this game got active

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote kash

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'd say Kashuno is like the citizen kane of mafia but you have to rise to have a fall!!!!!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kashuno posted:

You guys have posted a lot tonight that I won't read but I'm happy this game got active

Won't read...or can't read?!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Won't read...or can't read?!

much like your guttural noises

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BottleKnight posted:

SamVimes is scum IMO. It's entirely meta, but most of the time that he plays he tries to piece the game together in whatever ways make sense to him. Here he's being careful, critical and very very reserved. He is having none of our frivolity. I think he is scum.

##vote SSV

I don't like this vote rationale. Generally I think that approach can be useful to town. Specifically I recently modded scum SSV and I don't think he was particularly careful or reserved.
##vote BottleKnight

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I don't like this vote rationale. Generally I think that approach can be useful to town. Specifically I recently modded scum SSV and I don't think he was particularly careful or reserved.
##vote BottleKnight

I don't think being reserved is useful to town. Being reserved is being self-conscious, and town has no reason to be self-conscious. It's a presentation. It's scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also holy poo poo. 'I disagree with your case, so you are scum.' You're not even going to do the basic courtesy of telling me why I'm scum for making that vote? That is a lazy vote.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

##vote BottleKnight

Yeah birb this is crap.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BottleKnight posted:

Also holy poo poo. 'I disagree with your case, so you are scum.' You're not even going to do the basic courtesy of telling me why I'm scum for making that vote? That is a lazy vote.

It just looks like a terrible case to me. SSV is taking the game a bit more seriously and that makes him scum? That's doesn't seem like a good reason at all to vote for him. Scum probably want the more reserved, analytical posters gone to escape scrutiny and this is what you're suggesting.

I also don't see what you're getting at in SSV's meta

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah birb this is crap.

mlyp

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

It just looks like a terrible case to me. SSV is taking the game a bit more seriously and that makes him scum? That's doesn't seem like a good reason at all to vote for him. Scum probably want the more reserved, analytical posters gone to escape scrutiny and this is what you're suggesting.

I also don't see what you're getting at in SSV's meta

Wait what am I suggesting?

You are jumping through about 3 hoops to get to that conclusion. Please respond directly to my post about being reserved as performance.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm with BK on this one

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#IStandWithBK

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BottleKnight posted:

Wait what am I suggesting?

You are jumping through about 3 hoops to get to that conclusion. Please respond directly to my post about being reserved as performance.

You're voting SSV because he is being reserved and calculating, which fits his scum meta?

I agree being reserved could be a scumtell, but I haven't seen it in SSV's scum meta, in fact I've seen him be really outgoing as scum. I don't see his being quiet as an act.

I thought your play yesterday was scummy and today's vote on SSV hasn't dissuaded me at all.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well I do like Burger King. Actually wait no I don't. Hmm.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

You're voting SSV because he is being reserved and calculating, which fits his scum meta?

I agree being reserved could be a scumtell, but I haven't seen it in SSV's scum meta, in fact I've seen him be really outgoing as scum. I don't see his being quiet as an act.

I thought your play yesterday was scummy and today's vote on SSV hasn't dissuaded me at all.

Well then we just disagree. From the times I've played with him he seems different and plodding. If he's intentionally playing differently then that's super unhelpful as town, but more likely just scum.

We're free to disagree. I really don't like you disagreeing with me and then voting me, that just seems really lazy and a bad precedent.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay get back in the doc, I have some sick pizza roll tips to share

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll give you the tip alright

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
BK/imgay OTP

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I got concerned when I saw votes on me but I found my role pm because I forgot my alignment. I don't care about the votes now

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

welp i'm replacing out and/or asking for a modkill

i don't have it in me to play a game where every tenth post is 'i don't care' 'i won't read' 'i'm not going to put effort in'

that's a terrible attitude, and shame on everyone who makes those posts for actively ruining games

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I unironically agree with Ernie and if anyone actually believed I didn't read every post I'm sorry

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
However I actually do not care about imgay's vote on me as it is useless junk and I am town so it's easy to pick out scum when town gets lynched if a train is started on a horrendous reasoning.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I don't think being reserved is useful to town. Being reserved is being self-conscious, and town has no reason to be self-conscious. It's a presentation. It's scummy.

This is a horrible post. It's an analysis of how another player plays based solely on BK's opinion of how to play. You cannot analyze playstyles in a vacuum where all players play the same as you and will make the same decisions as you do about how to play, and it needs to be more in relation to how the player you are analyzing plays normally. I think this is BK trying to look like he's putting in serious effort, while instead pushing a really terrible and weak case ##vote BK

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also we are well into d2 and the best case you can come up with against someone is a meta case? Gtfo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I'd say Kashuno is like the citizen kane of mafia but you have to rise to have a fall!!!!!!!

I rose in an ecco game once, put in tons of huge effort with reads positive, negative, and neutral. I then got poo poo on by everyone and decided trying just gets you lynched but I think I'm interested in serious posting again

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

i don't have it in me to play a game where every tenth post is 'i don't care' 'i won't read' 'i'm not going to put effort in'

that's a terrible attitude, and shame on everyone who makes those posts for actively ruining games

nooo Ernie don't go :(

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Ernie. posted:

Ernie. Please don't I like your AV and it makes me smile :3

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Also we are well into d2 and the best case you can come up with against someone is a meta case? Gtfo

Calm down. Shhhhh. It's okay, Kashuno.

I'm sorry you disagree with how I think people play mafia. But to say gut reads are okay D1 but not D2 is asinine. Sorry I haven't put down a billion lovely votes and then said "haha jk guys I'm totally playing this game"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Like honestly this game has made me consider that me dying would actually be pro-town because everyone keeps sniping at me and then leaving the thread.

If people posted more maybe we could make better cases??? But I super don't like the way SSV is playing and he should die.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

And sorry, that was a quick remark, I don't mean 'leaving the thread' as much as 'parking their vote' and not interacting with anything else. A huge lack of interaction this game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Calm down. Shhhhh. It's okay, Kashuno.

I'm sorry you disagree with how I think people play mafia. But to say gut reads are okay D1 but not D2 is asinine. Sorry I haven't put down a billion lovely votes and then said "haha jk guys I'm totally playing this game"

My argument isn't that you're making a meta case, it's that you're making solely a meta case well into d2. You are blatantly misrepresenting the point of my post in an effort to act like what I say lacks meaning. What posts stick out? What about them irk you? I, for example, was in on the general chat that was happening and when SSV brought up the fact that it's sketchy for people to be trying to derail the game I began to look at others in the conversation more heavily because I agree with it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

My argument isn't that you're making a meta case, it's that you're making solely a meta case well into d2. You are blatantly misrepresenting the point of my post in an effort to act like what I say lacks meaning. What posts stick out? What about them irk you? I, for example, was in on the general chat that was happening and when SSV brought up the fact that it's sketchy for people to be trying to derail the game I began to look at others in the conversation more heavily because I agree with it.

You are nitpicking so hard. Almost nobody is throwing around votes with diligent, multi-quote posts. I think he's scummy and while I'm okay with people disagreeing with my read of SSV, I don't think I'm scummy at all for it.

I just think the level of scrutiny I'm getting is completely ridiculous in this game of all games. There have been so many lovely votes, many of them on me in fact!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

You are nitpicking so hard. Almost nobody is throwing around votes with diligent, multi-quote posts. I think he's scummy and while I'm okay with people disagreeing with my read of SSV, I don't think I'm scummy at all for it.

I just think the level of scrutiny I'm getting is completely ridiculous in this game of all games. There have been so many lovely votes, many of them on me in fact!

If you are going to make a vague case, you should at least have some evidence to back it up BK. Show me an example of the below

BottleKnight posted:

##vote SSV

Provide me with information to back up the claim rather than vague feelings.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

No.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The fact you are so quick to go on the defensive rather than support your case just further solidifies the weakness of your case to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm pushing a case that I am saying over and over again is a gut read. You clearly understand that because I've said it enough times.

You think that's a weak case. That's okay. The reason I'm defensive is because you haven't answered the question: Why is that scummy?

Your case is even worse. Pushing a gut read case doesn't make me scum. So what does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Even gut reads have some reason you feel that way. My case on you is rather than further discuss your case, you went to immediately putting me down and invalidating my opinion. When asked to elaborate, even a little, you were hostile and flat out denied the option to make a more conclusive case.

• Locked thread