Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SKY COQ posted:

I don't think they'll miss an opportunity to include:

- an evil ranger
- a fifth Megazord, and most importantly
- an opportunity to sell another toy

I think it's not that much of a stretch for them to use those assets when Sledge transforms into the Dark Ranger, or whatever.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised either if they crib the Rainbow Ranger super transformation from ToQger, since they're probably skipping that year anyway, and there's a good opportunity to have Tyler just be like, "You want the Energems? HERE THEY ARE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Both Talon and his zord I believe have been confirmed as part of the toyline at least. Whether or not they'll actually make it into the show I don't know yet, but most people seem to think they will.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 24, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pretty sure they introduced the guy that'll be "DeathKyuruger" Talon Ranger this week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPs_mvSzlXs

I'm so loving hype for the christmas special next week :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ahahaha, holy poo poo I need to catch up.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"You can count on us, Saint Nicholas"

:allears: ok, Saban, you're alright.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Guys Dino Charge is pretty good

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Did Saban already catch up to that point in Kyoryuger? If Dino Charge keeps the bullshit match :allears:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope Santa uses the fat Cyan footage

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

GuyUpNorth posted:

Did Saban already catch up to that point in Kyoryuger? If Dino Charge keeps the bullshit match :allears:

Kyoryuger's Christmas episode is in the 40s. Dino Charge is currently around the late teens, early 20s.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dr Tran posted:

Kyoryuger's Christmas episode is in the 40s. Dino Charge is currently around the late teens, early 20s.

If they're adapting holiday episodes into Holiday Specials (I think that's what they've been doing) poo poo's gonna get weird when Spinodaioh shows up out of nowhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

If they're adapting holiday episodes into Holiday Specials (I think that's what they've been doing) poo poo's gonna get weird when Spinodaioh shows up out of nowhere.

Santa gave a new zord for everyone so they can play with a new MegaZord on christmas morning.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Santa gave a new zord for everyone so they can play with a new MegaZord on christmas morning.

I forgot that Kyoru Silver was there too so Bragigas would also show up out of nowhere if they use all the holiday episode footage. :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Cernunnos posted:

I forgot that Kyoru Silver was there too so Bragigas would also show up out of nowhere if they use all the holiday episode footage. :v:

Super Dino Charge will need a Christmas special next year, too. :v:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
They just added the first eight episodes of Dino Charge to Netflix.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Juuouger suits finally revealed

The torsos look more like they're wearing t-shirts with animals printed on them but I kind of like the helmet design. Also, I believe this is the first time we've had a Green and a White Ranger together as part of the core team.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 7, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

The torsos look more like they're wearing t-shirts with animals printed on them but I kind of like the helmet design. Also, I believe this is the first time we've had a Green and a White Ranger together as part of the core team.

Those have an oddly 80's vibe to their design

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Larryb posted:

Yeah not a fan of the screen print thing but those helmets are rad.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Looks like next year's production team really enjoyed Chroma Squad.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Eagle, shark, panther lion~

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Man, they just don't even give a gently caress when it comes to Mechs anymore.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Man, they just don't even give a gently caress when it comes to Mechs anymore.

I'm struggling to think of the last truly cool Sentai mech. Kyouruger were ok but didn't entirely do it for me. Go Busters were a bit clunky, Gokaiger had the weird "chuck away half your mech to upgrade it" thing, Goseiger were boring, Shinkenger got weirdly lobster-focused.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ninninger mechs have been on-point, barring the one combo where shurikenjin just sits in the chair shaped like the lion mech

gekiatsu daioh is especially cool, both in style and how they introduced it in the story

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

ninninger mechs have been on-point, barring the one combo where shurikenjin just sits in the chair shaped like the lion mech

gekiatsu daioh is especially cool, both in style and how they introduced it in the story

Panda and Dolphin plus the other Four Directional Beasts is a little weird though. I really wonder how that was decided.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Panda and Dolphin plus the other Four Directional Beasts is a little weird though. I really wonder how that was decided.

panda at least fits with the chinese theme going on with the mech

dolphin uhhhhh maybe america is known for dolphins in japan? pretty sure the dolphin is kinji's

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I haven't liked any of the Ninninger mechs either. I'd say they're too blocky but in light of today's scans that's no longer a fair comparison.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

at least the inevitable 'someone built [x] in minecraft' will be easy

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Thinking hard on it, the last Sentai where I had no real issues with the Mecha, was probably either Boukenger or Magiranger, whichever was the more recent one, every Sentai since has had at least some issues in my opinion

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Brother Entropy posted:

panda at least fits with the chinese theme going on with the mech

dolphin uhhhhh maybe america is known for dolphins in japan? pretty sure the dolphin is kinji's
Ninja and dolphins might just be a Hurricaranger reference.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Catching up on Dino Charge again.

So Wishing for a Hero did not turn out like I expected it to. I expected that the Energem bonding with her would be the fulfillment of the wish and not what she wanted, but then it just turns out that Sledge got it...which doesn't really grant her wish. I mean it's still pretty obvious she'll eventually get it but considering the others' wishes got granted right away but hers didn't it just seems odd.

I'm also assuming that Heckyl (apparently how his name is officially spelled) is going to come back at some point given that it'd be weird for them to introduce him and trump him up like that just for him to never appear again.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty sure they introduced the guy that'll be "DeathKyuruger" Talon Ranger this week.

I figure it's either that, or (Kyoryuger ending spoilers) Daigo's dad uses Silver for a while under the pretense of working for the villains, so they could use him to be the Silver Ranger for a while if they wanted to use that footage. And of course, nothing's preventing them from having him fill both those roles.

EDIT: Just watched One More Energem and the two things I mentioned were resolved in this episode. It doesn't look like Heckyl is going to be Deathryuger, according to what I found on Google his name is Snide and his monster form is Neo-Geildon from the Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters movie.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 13, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I didn't see whatever the last episodes of Samurai and Megaforce were before their 'super' seasons but seeing Dino Charge's makes me kinda like the two-season split a bit since it was a pretty strong episode of rangers being proactive and pretty much winning before a new threat comes over, I'm super interested in how they'll handle the first episode of Super Dino Charge if they have some footage of Koda, Ivan and Kendall operating as the only rangers on the city

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I didn't see whatever the last episodes of Samurai and Megaforce were before their 'super' seasons but seeing Dino Charge's makes me kinda like the two-season split a bit since it was a pretty strong episode of rangers being proactive and pretty much winning before a new threat comes over, I'm super interested in how they'll handle the first episode of Super Dino Charge if they have some footage of Koda, Ivan and Kendall operating as the only rangers on the city

Samurai ended with Jayden beating Deker and breaking muramasa along with Antonio getting the black box working.

Megaforce ended with the apparent destruction of Roboknight and the Armada shelling the gently caress out of Earth before invading in force.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Since Dino Charge is on hiatus and the MMPR movie is pushed back to March of 2017, I'm recommending folks watch Time Force if they haven't already. It's a great series (even if I'm not crazy about the ending). Then watch Wild Force to at least see the team up episodes.
As a side note, I really wish those would come back.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Morby posted:

Since Dino Charge is on hiatus and the MMPR movie is pushed back to March of 2017, I'm recommending folks watch Time Force if they haven't already. It's a great series (even if I'm not crazy about the ending). Then watch Wild Force to at least see the team up episodes.
As a side note, I really wish those would come back.

Sadly team-up episodes won't be making a comeback for a while. Since they skipped GoBusters, the series that comes before Kyoruger (Dino Charge) and was basically tailor made to be adapted :(, and are also skipping ToQGer, the one after it, they can't do a team-up until the series after next. Y'know. The one after MORE NINJAS, which won't happen until, like, 2018 because of the rear end broadcast schedule Nickelodeon mandates.

Assuming they don't skip more series' in a miss-guided attempt to "catch up" to sentai airings that is. That's basically impossible with Nickelodeon's rear end broadcast schedule anyway so I don't know why they tried.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Didn't Saban suggest they'd find a way to use the Go Busters footage in some capacity? It seems like such an easy win, particularly with the triple dino squad crossover episode that also randomly features the Busters.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No that was 4chan trolling

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i thought skipping toqger was part of that 'moving to netflix' rumor that ended up being false

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Brother Entropy posted:

i thought skipping toqger was part of that 'moving to netflix' rumor that ended up being false

we won't really know until about summer or Power Morphicon at the latest.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Brother Entropy posted:

I remember hearing the skipping ToQGer thing way before that rumor. Like, not long after Dino Charge started IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cernunnos posted:

I remember hearing the skipping ToQGer thing way before that rumor. Like, not long after Dino Charge started IIRC.

i mean, it wouldn't surprise me since trains and all i was just unsure if i missed a confirmation that they're going straight to ninjas