Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
So what you're saying is, SC evangelistsfanatics are actually politicians.

e: New page, new gif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ragequit posted:

Thank you for correcting my inadvertent misogynistic/misandrist typo. In any case, I am surprised the guy is that handy. I am sure a weird space room really helps the resale value of the house.

dude's gonna be pretty pissed after a couple constellation redesigns

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:eyepop:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why? It already looks nothing like a Constellation.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Remember guys we've only been in alpha for a week. Sure it's called "2.0" and CIG has been advertising the game as being in an alpha state for nearly a year, but we've always been at war with Eastasia and things are moving right on schedule.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Xaerael posted:

They look fake. Not in a "those are fake" way, they look like CIG has gone to a factory that usually produces fakes and had them produce the official merch. I mean, holy crap. I'm an embroidery junkie, I love embroidered stuff, I'm wearing my favorite embroidered hoodie right this moment. This is garbage done as cheap as humanly possible tier, and both the makers and CIG should feel bad about letting such poor quality out the door.

Check these out, these tees and hoodies for example...

These are at a quality level people should be expecting for official merch "direct" from the game makers, but wait, these are done under licence, not by Capcom!

I love mocking the poo poo out of SC, even when I'm over-doing it. But the merch side of things is really bad, and obviously being done as cheap as possible.

Yeah this is it, SC merch looks like its own bootlegs.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

I'm sure he'll be able to keep up with CIG trying to obstruct the view a bit more.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Why? It already looks nothing like a Constellation.

feelin pretty :smug: here about not having an idea of what a constellation looks like

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Yeah this is it, SC merch looks like its own bootlegs.

Does that mean that this is one of those times when the bootlegs will end up being more valuable and sought-after by collectors than the real thing in 20–30 years?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hopper posted:

I unironically believe that CRoberts unknowingly or knowingly targets a group of mentally weak people with no or little social networks in terms of friends and family, who project their dreams of companionship and shared social experiences into this "endeavour" and are very susceptible to misleading and exploiting them.
The fact that they never reign in top paying posters no matter how problematic their posts leads me to believe they do it knowingly.

The number of people invested in Star Citizen who receive disability assistance is loving staggering. I've never seen an unhealthier userbase, mentally, emotionally and physically, than SC. I didn't understand what attracted so many of these type of people at first, but I do now.

The game promises an escape from reality, where a perceived dollar spent today is equivalent to some sort of unit of respect in the 'verse. They ask for the most trivial of components added for realism sake because the few times they've had the physical capacity for a job as simple as loading boxes, they realized for a short moment their time had value. Now, they project having the same feeling doing meaningless chores in space fulfilling what they're missing in life.

The SC user base is over saturated with people in need of assistance, be it financial, medical or therapeutic. Chris seems to have no problem gouging these people, even going so far as to promise that THEIR dream will come true for doing so. It's loving abhorrent.

Every time I see some SC mention 'disposable income' i gag. If you're on disability assistance you have no disposable income. Hth

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

feelin pretty :smug: here about not having an idea of what a constellation looks like

I enjoy that I can ruin that for you.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

those look like gynecologists' chairs

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

those look like gynecologists' chairs

The mechanics for that aren't coming until 2.7

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Beet Wagon posted:

Which way is the front, and why are the screens plugged into old Spectrums?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

That screenshot is really flattering.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Which way is the front, and why are the screens plugged into old Spectrums?

That middle chair spins around because long unnecessary animations are all the rage. The part that looks like the front window of a zeppelin from 1912 is the... well the front.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait, I thought the game was, despite all its shittyness and shortcomings and fidelity, at least supposed to be good-looking? Because thats not good-looking, thats poo poo

Honestly, that looks like its straight out of one of D_Smarts games.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Anime is now real

http://i.imgur.com/gRuAVef.gifv

And so is star citizens what crazy times we live in

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

We hit F Plus level of insane. Can we get a personal reading from Boots, Lemon, etc etc??

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wuxi posted:

Wait, I thought the game was, despite all its shittyness and shortcomings and fidelity, at least supposed to be good-looking? Because thats not good-looking, thats poo poo

I guess maybe it's better when you're sitting in the chair or something? I dunno. A lot of the other stuff looks pretty good though, to be fair. I'm not sure anything in this game looks Derek Smart levels of bad, but yeah that screenshot isn't great looking.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Wuxi posted:

That's the second version of the constellation. The newest, fourth version looks considerably better. It's almost like the game is in alpha or something. Unfinished assets, hello?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

The number of people invested in Star Citizen who receive disability assistance is loving staggering. I've never seen an unhealthier userbase, mentally, emotionally and physically, than SC. I didn't understand what attracted so many of these type of people at first, but I do now.

The game promises an escape from reality, where a perceived dollar spent today is equivalent to some sort of unit of respect in the 'verse. They ask for the most trivial of components added for realism sake because the few times they've had the physical capacity for a job as simple as loading boxes, they realized for a short moment their time had value. Now, they project having the same feeling doing meaningless chores in space fulfilling what they're missing in life.

The SC user base is over saturated with people in need of assistance, be it financial, medical or therapeutic. Chris seems to have no problem gouging these people, even going so far as to promise that THEIR dream will come true for doing so. It's loving abhorrent.

Every time I see some SC mention 'disposable income' i gag. If you're on disability assistance you have no disposable income. Hth

This is the reason why I won't buy and play Star Citizen, even if all stars in the universe align and it actually comes out and is good.

I'm not in the habit of giving money to abhorrent abusers and the devs of Star Citizen are clearly the worst face of capitalism, looking at the way they take money from the mentally disabled without giving a gently caress. I mean there are people posting about how they've destroyed their families to support Star Citizen and Christ Robot's attitude to this seems to be "Thanks for the money, do you have more?"

gently caress, how do you look at all those wrecks giving you money and your first thought is "Hell yes, easy victims"? Those guys are sociopaths.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Wuxi posted:

Yeah, that's not what the Constellation looks like.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Gryphon0468 posted:

Anymore*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol:

that is so jank, not just the missing ring but the letters are all hosed up. everything about it is poo poo.

i'm dying

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Libluini posted:

This is the reason why I won't buy and play Star Citizen, even if all stars in the universe align and it actually comes out and is good.

I'm not in the habit of giving money to abhorrent abusers and the devs of Star Citizen are clearly the worst face of capitalism, looking at the way they take money from the mentally disabled without giving a gently caress. I mean there are people posting about how they've destroyed their families to support Star Citizen and Christ Robot's attitude to this seems to be "Thanks for the money, do you have more?"

gently caress, how do you look at all those wrecks giving you money and your first thought is "Hell yes, easy victims"? Those guys are sociopaths.

I dunno. As much as I like to rag on CR being a scam artist in practice, I ultimately doubt he is this in his own mind and belief. Moreso I get the feeling that he believes his own bullshit. Much how all those cult leaders' power to persuade the weak-minded stems from the self-confidence of believing their own lies and thus convincing others to believe them, until someone comes along that doesn't buy an inch of what they're selling and suddenly all of their supposed 'power' vanishes like a fart in the wind.

So yea, I don't view SC in the established, long-running cult way of Scientology and moreso the shorter-lived one with an explosive end ala Jonestown. Which...I still can't decide whether it's a better or worse thing. The delusion will end sooner, but there's legit no doubt in my mind that people's lives will be ruined when it does.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

I dunno. As much as I like to rag on CR being a scam artist in practice, I ultimately doubt he is this in his own mind and belief. Moreso I get the feeling that he believes his own bullshit. Much how all those cult leaders' power to persuade the weak-minded stems from the self-confidence of believing their own lies and thus convincing others to believe them, until someone comes along that doesn't buy an inch of what they're selling and suddenly all of their supposed 'power' vanishes like a fart in the wind.

So yea, I don't view SC in the established, long-running cult way of Scientology and moreso the shorter-lived one with an explosive end ala Jonestown. Which...I still can't decide whether it's a better or worse thing. The delusion will end sooner, but there's legit no doubt in my mind that people's lives will be ruined when it does.

I think when Roberts first proposed SC on kickstarter, the plan was to make a game. But then the money literally poured in at an astronomic, unexpected rate, and rather than doing the right thing, which is admittedly hard to do when being handed millions in a week, Roberts and co went into overdrive and basically turned their efforts into glorified commercials.

It seems the only reason anything gets released is to attract more money, not to move towards a finished, promised product.

If you want to get a glimpse of what sort of final product SC will release, just look at those patches. Sure, they're just hokey micro-purchases in the grand scheme of things, but they deliver crap on even the simplest aspects of their franchise. Who can look at the poo poo they already sell and think they'll have the responsibility to perform better on the harder project?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

tis the season. my gift to the star citizen thread, avatar sized already.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Star Citizen: Remember the PTU isn't really meant for you to have fun

feliz naviparp/\/\/\/\

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Wafflz posted:

:lol:

that is so jank, not just the missing ring but the letters are all hosed up. everything about it is poo poo.

i'm dying
There's always some jank when it comes to real-life squadron patches, but loving up such a simple, two-color design like that is pretty awful.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I think all ships should be Thomas the tank engine style with croberts, ben, sandi, lando, etc faces on the front.

Please CIG make this happen

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
SC reminds me of this article: http://kotaku.com/could-a-video-game-start-a-religion-1741098885

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gryphon0468 posted:

poo poo, man, I dunno. I just went to Google. You and Octopode are our resident pretend spaceship experts, where were you when we needed you?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That's not the 'Connie' I know and love, you see I love it so much I shorten its name because I am really familiar with it :smug:

The Connie

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I call my microwave Mike as well, because I know it so well

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
See y'all in the 'Verse (that is what I call the Universe, same kind of thing)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I call my microwave Mike as well, because I know it so well

I also know my microwave well. VERY well. I'm not saying I've had sex with it, but I'm also not saying I haven't.

e: would you like to join my Star Citizen fleet? It's a dedicated place for people who love microwaves.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I also know my microwave well. VERY well. I'm not saying I've had sex with it, but I'm also not saying I haven't.

e: would you like to join my Star Citizen fleet? It's a safe place for people who love microwaves.

I will join you Fle' no problem 'mmander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

That's the second version of the constellation. The newest, fourth version looks considerably better. It's almost like the game is in alpha or something. Unfinished assets, hello?

True, you can't really expect more from 18 months of development

• Locked thread