Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Have they mentioned when Cabin would come back

I think the official line is he gets back when he gets back, and they'll try to fit him in here and there until that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Illinois Smith posted:

Guess I'm gonna watch a Bill & Ted movie for the first time in 15 years!
gently caress, turns out I don't like Bill & Ted anymore. :smith: I think I'm getting old.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My favorite so far might be the Planet of the Apes review with dueling Mark Wahlberg impressions and Kris Kristofferson calling everyone a pussy. Good times.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That's actually a remarkably interesting Wiki article. Kinda makes it seem like the Care Bears movie is partly responsible for reviving animated films after Disney hit its 70s/80s slump- not sure if that's true, I tend to hear Roger Rabbit credited more for that, but I can buy it.

That can't be as true as the Wikipedia writer implies, after all Care Bears was actually a Canadian movie.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

PubicMice posted:

Unfortunately I found this podcast in October, which means I didn't get to call in the most ridiculous movie of all time, 2003's Party Monster.

I was going to write a description of the movie, but then I found this picture of the dvd cover, which I think sums everything up pretty handily.

Have you seen the documentary it's based on (confusingly enough it has the same name)?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0141716/

The documentary is KUH-RAZY and so weird and fascinating. It's about the NY club kid scene in the late 80s and early 90s and how one of the key members murdered a guy in a drug fugue. The most mind bending part (which I THINK gets ignored in the Culkin/Green movie) is that after the murder Alig told anyone who would listen that he'd killed Angel Melendez and the cops didn't do poo poo until parts of Angel's body washed up on Staten Island several months later.

I'm wondering how the next listener request month will go; it's a draw, right? I have to choose between requesting the lovely pseudo Lifetime movie House of Cards (with Katleen Turner and Tommy Lee Jones), OR something fun and weird like Clifford (what is Martin Short in this movie?) or Carny. I legitimately love Carny but it stars Gary Busey and Jodie foster and I want to hear their impersonations collide.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Tom Scharpling has made me love Clifford over the years but yeah, I really want them to do an episode on it. That performance is a work of art though and Charles Grodin is the perfect choice for reacting to it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
:siren: BILL AND TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY :siren:

Today is good day. :getin:

(I still want the "Bill and Ted try and figure out why the future Rufus said would happen hasn't happened yet" third movie)

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 8, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Are podcast apps and rss feeds being weird for anyone else? I can't get mine to acknowledge the new episode is out.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Are podcast apps and rss feeds being weird for anyone else? I can't get mine to acknowledge the new episode is out.

Yup I had to go to the site.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

My podcatcher just noticed the new episode was up a little while ago, so it's not just you.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I think these guys have trained me a little too well because I had a lot of the same thoughts as them while watching this:

- Why do these robots designed for one assassination mission get chubbies / have a sex drive?
- Where do the princesses live?
- None of the things Pam Grier says at the start make any sense ... oh it was Rufus in disguise, okay
- If there are aliens in Christian Heaven why don't we see more of them?
- Why does Death get 90% of the jokes in the second half?
- Who would cheer for lovely hair metal in 1991, Primus got robbed

and so on

Also the guy who played Death can't fake playing bass for poo poo.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 8, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Illinois Smith posted:

I think these guys have trained me a little too well because I had a lot of the same thoughts as them while watching this:

- Why do these robots designed for one assassination mission get chubbies / have a sex drive?
- Where do the princesses live?
- None of the things Pam Grier says at the start make any sense ... oh it was Rufus in disguise, okay
- If there are aliens in Christian Heaven why don't we see more of them?
- Who would cheer for lovely hair metal in 1991, Primus got robbed

and so on

Also the guy who played Death can't fake playing bass for poo poo.

They should have gotten the Trickster as a judge.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I will always defend Party Monster as being a legitimately great film, mincing Seth Green and all.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Man, I totally called Santa Claus: The Movie :dance:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

Man, I totally called Santa Claus: The Movie :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBv1Ihwhc2M

I can't wait. :allears:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Something that I thought of while watching the movie... Were they trying to make "STATION" the next "Cowabunga" catchphrase? Was it already a thing during that time?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh, and there were actually two comics that took place in the Bill & Ted universe.

The original one came out in 91, was written and drawn by Evan Dorkin, and took place right after Bogus Journey. Basically Death, the Good Robot Bill & Ted, and the Stations move into Bill & Ted's house and have adventures. DeNomolos, the Evil Robot Bill & Ted, and the Royal Ugly Dudes all wind up in hell (for trying to kill Bill & Ted), and it keeps going from there.

The more recent comic was from this year, and also starts right after the Battle of the Bands. In this one, they try to stop DeNomolos from turning evil (he turned evil and tried to kill Bill & Ted in 1991 because while growing up in the future everyone hated him because they knew he was going to grow up, turn evil, and try to kill Bill & Ted in 1991) and wind up screwing up the future a couple of times.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hockles posted:

Something that I thought of while watching the movie... Were they trying to make "STATION" the next "Cowabunga" catchphrase? Was it already a thing during that time?

I can tell you from experience that "STATION" was definitely a thing in the tiny child demo at the time. My friends and I watched this at a slumber party and cracked ourselves up with our super-cool in-joke for months afterwards.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
So, since it's the anniversary week-- what's the first WHM episode everyone heard? It's a bit hard to remember, but I think I've been around since, like, Jesus Christ, Superman III or something.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mine was The Good Son, which is still one of my favorites.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The first one I listened to was Rocky IV, but I started listening roughly 1 year ago. I think in the past year I've listened to almost all episodes starting at 100. Maybe about half of the ones before 100.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Superman III was my first. I've heard all of em except the original Wired episode.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Superman III was also my first. I just got done listening to all of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks and happened to be on a Superman kick at the time.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Empress Theonora posted:

So, since it's the anniversary week-- what's the first WHM episode everyone heard? It's a bit hard to remember, but I think I've been around since, like, Jesus Christ, Superman III or something.

I think it was the Marky Mark PotA movie for me.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Mine was Spawn I think, it was definitely around that summer blockbuster month.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Foodfight! Many thanks to whatever goon linked it in the thread that was going on back then. Hard to believe I've been a listener for over half of WHM's life now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hockles posted:

I had managed to block out what STATION actually looked like and now I am sad that Google exists.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Illinois Smith posted:

I like that Death gets that characterization, actually. He's a character generally depicted as cold, alien, and distant. These two idiots make him blow that cover away to show he's a goofy, neurotic idiot himself.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Soup du Jour posted:

Foodfight! Many thanks to whatever goon linked it in the thread that was going on back then. Hard to believe I've been a listener for over half of WHM's life now.

Man, I miss the "Bee Movie and other terrible CG Movies" thread.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I wish I could remember how I found WHM because I've been listening to it since the second episode. It's one of the most consistently funny shows I've heard.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I found WHM because of this thread, actually. My commute got longer and I just so happened to find this right as I needed a new podcast to fill the drive time. I believe I listened to Mortal Kombat and Ghostbusters 2 first. And MK is still my favorite, probably. But these guys "get" my sense of humor pretty well, so I love listening to them.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

My friend told me to try it out, and I think I listened to either The Good Son or Cat People first.

I was confused for days after listening to Cat People because I had remembered watching a movie about sinister incestuous cat people but literally every other detail was different. Turns out I saw Sleepwalkers, which is otherwise a forgettable Stephen King romp.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was working on a bad movie podcast for a while and one day googled "bad movie podcast" to see what movies were getting done by everyone so we could avoid them. Found WHM and a bunch of shittier ones. Haven't looked back. I think my first might have been The Raven?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I found WHM thanks to this thread, added it on a whim, first listened to the Judge Dredd episode (this was during the most recent Summer Rerun) and have been listening to it since, both new and old episdoes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It came up somehow during a conversation about John Wayne and the conqueror, and have been listening since the summer of 2013

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I found out about it through this thread, and started with Mrs. Doubtfire, which is still my absolute favorite (although I've yet to work my way through all of them).

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mine was the Foodfight episode, but not when it was new. I'd just watched the movie and searched Stitcher for podcasts talking about it, listened to the WHM on it, and was immediately in. I think the first episode I heard new, though, was SWAT.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I forgot which one was my first one, but I remember Mrs. Doubtfire being one of the first ones I listened to, and then Robin Williams passed away soon after.

Same thing happened with whatever Paul Walker movie they covered.

Frank Welker please be okay :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Frank Welker's been dead for twenty years, he's just that good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Dragonheart.