Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I can't imagine taking the helm of Chris self.starcitizen

submitted 3 hours ago by rock1m1

This guy is a goddamn machine. He not only manages hundreds of people from studios spread across the world, but does the actual coding himself whenever he gets some free time. Just when you thought his schedule couldn't get more hectic, he never disappoints the fans by going to each and every convention where he personally meets up with every backer he can manage.

Forget Star Citizen for a second, he simply doesn't get enough credit for his work ethic. Which is nothing short of Legendary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3w2kya/i_cant_imagine_taking_the_helm_of_chris/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

why is there no dedicated ramming vessel

i'd name mine the SS Curnbucket

what would you name yours?

S.S. Bute RamRod.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought D_SMart was going to sue someone. DId he lieD!???

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly Tumour posted:

You know nothing about lawsuit development, go back to reddit Ben.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

[–]v3rgeColonel 4 points an hour ago

He's also taking care of his kids/family. Don't forget that.

I told you every backer involved in SC is on disability benefits. Apparently handling a job that prints money and taking care of a family is considered "Legendary" effort

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 9, 2015

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Remember when I said Star Citizen visual fidelity couldn't sustain such a large planned game? You're gonna love this.

2.0.0-304132-PTU patch (more crashes) just released has lowered texture resolution & sampling for various assets. And so it begins.

I can't wait to see how exactly they get around the performance issue of more than one ship like Connie on screen at any given time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3w1hgz/official_patch_notes_for_alpha_200j/?sort=new

I've had several of them on screen at the same time pre-patch and it was fine with my lovely gtx 970. Give it another 12 years until it's released and you'll have a GPU that can run it fine in your microwave oven.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

This isn't really the thread for this but anyway

I didn't mean that FPS would never be possible on VR, simply that current ones such as counter-strike or CoD won't really work on it. Here's some VR FPS game examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IKpHgh8of4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeeglXQ65GI

Mechanically they are completely different from the FPSes we currently play. They are slower and quite static in terms of movement. I'd be interested to see what a competitive VR FPS looks like.

Current FPS games work fine with true-VR(Not the stupid Track-IR) as long as they receive technical support. Fixed Crosshairs is essentially just having a second mouse. Unfixed is arguably harder but I could see it becoming important for those trying to maintain situational awareness provided they practice with it.
Seriously, it's like growing a third hand, yeah it's going to take a while to adapt to your new limb, but you'll be able to do way more once you master it. It's like console gamers learning to use a M+KB for the first time.

As for the motion sickness claimed earlier, yes it will be a problem for certain users, but not everyone suffers from it, and those that don't will have the tactical edge if VR is considered a legal peripheral.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Madcosby posted:

I told you every backer involved in SC is on disability benefits. Apparently handling a job that prints money and taking care of a family is considered "Legendary" effort

…and not ever delivering anything on time qualifies as “never disappointing”.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

I can't imagine taking the helm of Chris self.starcitizen

submitted 3 hours ago by rock1m1

This guy is a goddamn machine. He not only manages hundreds of people from studios spread across the world, but does the actual coding himself whenever he gets some free time. Just when you thought his schedule couldn't get more hectic, he never disappoints the fans by going to each and every convention where he personally meets up with every backer he can manage.

Forget Star Citizen for a second, he simply doesn't get enough credit for his work ethic. Which is nothing short of Legendary.
u3) I include it once for the sake of including it once and yes, because the music is amazing. But the thing is, I don't want to spam links to other people YouTube channels in my LP. I don't know what will happen to it. I don't want people in the future to read my archived thread filled with [By the way this is the music playing in this situation] all the time only to find out they're dead links.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3w2kya/i_cant_imagine_taking_the_helm_of_chris/

who the gently caress thinks chris has written a single line for this

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I know people have been predicting that there would be a massive hug-box contingent in this game, but I am still totally flabbergasted by some of these posts. Like at a fundamental level these people don't seem to know how a squad-based online games works....Yet they've invested a substantial amount of money in to something that is explicitly this...I just....can't....

:negative:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
These are the same people as the ones complaining how someone running on their screen is breaking their immersion, because in real life, people never run. Only walk.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I know people have been predicting that there would be a massive hug-box contingent in this game, but I am still totally flabbergasted by some of these posts. Like at a fundamental level these people don't seem to know how a squad-based online games works....Yet they've invested a substantial amount of money in to something that is explicitly this...I just....can't....

:negative:

Actually there were two different types of people, pvpers and non-pvpers and they were both promised whatever they needed to hear to drop money on the game.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I see a lot of hurt butts, keep up the good work guys. :getin:

How does it feel to get on your ship after 15 minutes crashing and reloading only to get instantly rammed to death, hey redditors? Is this not what you wanted? Goons putting their wallet where their mouth was and getting involved? Are you not entertained?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I thirst for pouty whale tears.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I am the Retaliator with no turret gunners.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

OWLS! posted:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Thoroughly.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

MeLKoR posted:

I see a lot of hurt butts, keep up the good work guys. :getin:

How does it feel to get on your ship after 15 minutes crashing and reloading only to get instantly rammed to death, hey redditors? Is this not what you wanted? Goons putting their wallet where their mouth was and getting involved? Are you not entertained?

Just you wait, in 6 years croberts will revolutionize gaming by releasing a counter to player interaction probably
:argh:

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

kikkelivelho posted:

There isn't really a good reason to man the Retaliator turrets. Crewing one is highly ineffective when you can just bring an additional ship along. In a game where instances have player limits every little bit counts.

You could argue that those turrets are going to be manned by NPCs, but if the assumption is that they will mostly be controlled by AI, why not just make them unmanned/remote controlled in the first place? Many of the ship interiors are hosed because you need tunnels and access ports to every loving turret.

In 1945 they had the technology to control multiple guns from a single position, also to automatically compensate for motion of the vehicle and the target.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a18343/the-cannons-on-the-b-29-bomber-were-a-mid-century-engineering-masterpiece/

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OWLS! posted:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

They should make this an audio hail stretch goal :black101:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

bumbles posted:

That's him with the final solution

I am still way far behind in this thread but honestly this is the first thing I've read in here that literally made me LOL

:bravo:

As an aside, I am free. Two months and two tickets later all $525 refunded through Paypal via CIG. They didn't try to haggle me either. I can only assume this is due to the fact I was a Kickstarter backer and it was directly after the November 2015 deadline. Odd how all of a sudden they got to my ticket...

:gary: FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMMM

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

BMan posted:

I'm the manned turret on a spaceship even though automated turrets already exist in real life.

Kids quite literally build them in their backyard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcfZGDvHU8

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
I think that guy saying Star Citizen Shitlords aren't spergs, but rather people who hate themselves and want some avenue in life in which to succeed was probably correct.

Though this is probably true of most people on this thread. And forum.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
2013 Days left to Install the game WHAT THE......Updated with video

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

A 5 minute video of him downloading slowly? ROFL.

Someone tell him it's because download speeds are slow on 40" HDTVs in Star Citizen, it is a known bug.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
lol scrub only has 1.5 tb of storage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yes please list your computer specs when the launcher says you are only downloading at .5kbs a second

your computer, and not some network configuration is definitely the issue

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

yes please list your computer specs when the launcher says you are only downloading at .5kbs a second

your computer, and not some network configuration is definitely the issue

I'm pretty sure he capped his dl speed to get an excuse to brag about his baller setup

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

quote:

with the fart theory... with 2015 technology we could travel earth - mars in some hours...
In 2015, Roberts Space Industries suppliers used Fart Theory to propel humans to Mars in a few hours.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beexoffel posted:

In 2015, Roberts Space Industries suppliers used Fart Theory to propel humans to Mars in a few hours.

Unfortunately I do believe this troll might have given himself away with that one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

christ

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

Unfortunately I do believe this troll might have given himself away with that one.

Nah it was an example provided by someone in the thread

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Friendly Tumour posted:

Dsmart only develops lawsuits when they are new and innovative otherwise he gets bored.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

ShredsYouSay posted:

I think that guy saying Star Citizen Shitlords aren't spergs, but rather people who hate themselves and want some avenue in life in which to succeed was probably correct.

Though this is probably true of most people on this thread. And forum.

Smells like projection in here

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

quote:

[–]Vanisher_Freelancer 10 points 2 hours ago
And soon it will be CHRIStmas.

Seems our jokes are being taken to literally by Reddit.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Someone re-write the nativity based on crobert's immaculate conception, thanks.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beexoffel posted:

Good. Thunderpants was due for a sequel.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm guessing CIGs overhead is also way higher than Frontiers. What a loving shitshow.

Almost certainly. Frontier does not have four offices in three different countries and it's safe to say that overhead per person does increase if fewer people are located in the same place. Also the new location is up on their contact page.

12322 Exposition Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90064

16,326 square feet. Look it up on Google maps. It's... interesting.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

who the gently caress thinks chris has written a single line for this
It's best that he doesn't because someone who just pops into a project at random times and tries to contribute at that level is more likely to gently caress things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Almost certainly. Frontier does not have four offices in three different countries and it's safe to say that overhead per person does increase if fewer people are located in the same place. Also the new location is up on their contact page.

12322 Exposition Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90064

16,326 square feet. Look it up on Google maps. It's... interesting.

Looks like typical LA industrial/warehouse space. Probably cheaper than what they had before.

• Locked thread