Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As everyone knows, there are no muslims in India or Hindus in Pakistan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Larry Parrish posted:

As everyone knows, there are no muslims in India or Hindus in Pakistan.

Apparently, as of the 2011 census, 79.8% of the population is Hindu, and Islam is second with 14.23%. The only Indian state that's majority Muslim is Jammu and Kashmir, which is, well, a bit controversial. I would assume that site's only choosing the majority religion in the area, just like Paradox.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
the ancient, beautiful traditions of "undefined" have defined south west persia since time immemorial

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Some more highlights from that thing:

PittTheElder posted:

That's 100% what that is. They even copied the EU nation colors.

e: Ayutthuya :v:

e2: :stare: :stare: :stare:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

The Mercator map is such an awful projection, please stop using it :gonk:, copycats and paradox designers.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

A White Guy posted:

The Mercator map is such an awful projection, please stop using it :gonk:, copycats and paradox designers.

Yes, that is clearly the thing most wrong with the images being shown :v:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

A White Guy posted:

Paradox actually use a (horrifically brutalised) Miller projection, not Mercator! :eng101:

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
As far as it goes, if they aren't making money and are, it seems, using it only a basis for the system which apparently will be editable by the "community" in the future, I don't see the issue here.

Unless Paradox copyrighted history recently.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clausewitz 3 should just render everything on a sphere to stop the projection-whiners. Also it would look really badass.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
A sphere? What kind of pandering to babby casuals is this? If they don't render Earth properly as an oblate ellipsoid, consider my pre-order cancelled.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Westminster System posted:

As far as it goes, if they aren't making money and are, it seems, using it only a basis for the system which apparently will be editable by the "community" in the future, I don't see the issue here.

If you can't copyright history why have I been paying $10 for all of these non-fiction digests :argh:

They've probably got grounds for a cease and desist between the map look and who knows how many ahistorical gotchas that have crept into the scenario files. The guys at PDS would probably say "oh weird" but there's probably a team of lawyers at PI that would have a field day.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

lol, a team of lawyers on staff!

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Westminster System posted:

Oh did you miss that? Yeah we just got it recently approved.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

VerdantSquire posted:

Hey, if there's a guy from Paradox reading this thread, you may definitely want to check out this site because I'm not entirely sure about it's legality. It's notable because it pretty much completely copies a bunch of stuff from the history folders of various paradox games, right down to the culture names and nation colors ... although I can't really say it does it very well, which these screenshots stand as a testament to:

(Note the date on the latter picture!)

In my country there is problem.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Lancashire, Merseyside and Cheshire: the last bastion of Catholicism in England, apparently. I guess the Church of England did not see much point in proselytizing them. Don't blame em. The Mancs and the Scouse are up there. Don't get me started on the Blaconites.

e; turkey: definitely orthodox

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Woe be unto the high school history student who thinks they just made the find of a lifetime.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
I imagine the legal floor at the paradox studios campus having wallpaper of law books

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

DStecks posted:

Woe be unto the high school history student who thinks they just made the find of a lifetime.

I didn't even consider this part, but this is going to lead to a beautiful paper someday.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

"Don't cry for me, La Plata!"

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I hope no one looking for historical inaccuracies on some lovely non-profit project site is going to make fun of the people on the PDX forums, who complain about historical inaccuracies in PDX games in the future.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Epinephrine posted:

chile chile CHILE

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

I hope no one looking for historical inaccuracies on some lovely non-profit project site is going to make fun of the people on the PDX forums, who complain about historical inaccuracies in PDX games in the future.
I expect a website meant to be a historical database and atlas to provide a better representation of national borders over time and what nations actually exist than I do a video game, if that's what you mean.

That said, PDX needs to flesh out China more. :cheeky:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Maybe this was based on Steppewolfe.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epinephrine posted:

i love the portuguese and spanish fifth columns.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

chile chile CHILE

Mushroom Mushroom

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Epinephrine posted:

I expect a website meant to be a historical database and atlas to provide a better representation of national borders over time and what nations actually exist than I do a video game, if that's what you mean.

That said, PDX needs to flesh out China more. :cheeky:

It's a first "beta" (actually it should be called alpha because it's not feature complete) without the ability for the community to edit the files. The data is not meant to be accurate, that's what the community should provide later on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

It's a first "beta" (actually it should be called alpha because it's not feature complete) without the ability for the community to edit the files. The data is not meant to be accurate, that's what the community should provide later on.

Be honest, are you the person who created this website by directly stealing stuff from Europa Universalis 4?

Hell, if you zoom in enough the provinces even have the same names as the default provinces in 1444 EU4.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Be honest, are you the person who created this website by directly stealing stuff from Europa Universalis 4?

Hell, if you zoom in enough the provinces even have the same names as the default provinces in 1444 EU4.

Lol, no. But this thread has too much not HoI4 talk.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

To that extent it looks like it has potential. In the meantime, however, we should never forget the 1861 British invasion and the Treason of Maine:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

vyelkin posted:

Not only the names, the provinces thenselves. And is not even determined by date, even in 1990 the provinces are the same fictitious EU4 ones .

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Some more HOI IV http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/29053519 , this time the dude Johan is playing against pumps out 20 completely untrained infantry divisions to trigger the anschluss in 1938 and Johan is just 200 days away from having fully motorized divisions.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
I'm a little worried how much time I'm going to spend in Hoi4.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Empress Theonora posted:

Maybe this was based on Steppewolfe.

Oh my god I had completely forgotten about that mod. :allears:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Pikestaff posted:

Oh my god I had completely forgotten about that mod. :allears:
Did somebody say Steppe Wolf?

That LP was the best.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Check out those stats on Ronald Reagan! :eyepop:

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

VerdantSquire posted:

Check out those stats on Ronald Reagan! :eyepop:
Steppe Wolf needs to get it's act together. Don't they know Reagan was a 7/7/7? :911:

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Epinephrine posted:

Steppe Wolf needs to get it's act together. Don't they know Reagan was a 7/7/7? :911:

Maybe when he entered office. Not so much by the end of his administration.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

jb7 posted:

Maybe when he entered office. Not so much by the end of his administration.

He picked up the incapable trait, George Bush became the treacherous regent.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

He picked up the incapable trait, George Bush became the treacherous regent.
It could be worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Lord Tywin posted:

Some more HOI IV http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/29053519 , this time the dude Johan is playing against pumps out 20 completely untrained infantry divisions to trigger the anschluss in 1938 and Johan is just 200 days away from having fully motorized divisions.

This game could actually have a Tehran Conference with Chamberlain, Trotsky, and Landon. :allears: