Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I like to imagine that this is word-for-word their thpught process when Uber recently gave away a bunch of free pizzas as a PR move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
The gay slur is fag/human being, right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Soup du Jour posted:

Foodfight! Many thanks to whatever goon linked it in the thread that was going on back then. Hard to believe I've been a listener for over half of WHM's life now.

same. food fight was my first episode i think. not sure what my favorite is, i have a few.

Wake_N_Bake posted:

The gay slur is fag/human being, right?

probably.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Yes. Keanu Reeves calls the devil a fag in this movie.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Illinois Smith posted:

Yes. Keanu Reeves calls the devil a fag in this movie.

For a second I was confused and wasn't sure if you were talking about Bill & Ted, Devil's Advocate, or Constantine.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That does raise an interesting question, has Keanu Reeves told the devil to, maybe in not so many words, gently caress off in more films than anyone else?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I wish I could remember how I found WHM because I've been listening to it since the second episode. It's one of the most consistently funny shows I've heard.

Same here. I literally have no idea where I heard of it (I think it might've been on the AV Club), but I listened from episode 3/4 onwards, back when they were a lot shorter. I miss them using licensed music.

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

My first was Hackers, followed immediately by Swordfish. Their hatred for cyber thrillers just resonated with me. Also their hate for Skip Woods.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

Same here. I literally have no idea where I heard of it (I think it might've been on the AV Club), but I listened from episode 3/4 onwards, back when they were a lot shorter. I miss them using licensed music.

I still have a bunch of those and I'm amazed they got to like 90-odd episodes. I assumed it was because it was only snippets.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

GrandpaPants posted:

I forgot which one was my first one, but I remember Mrs. Doubtfire being one of the first ones I listened to, and then Robin Williams passed away soon after.

Same thing happened with whatever Paul Walker movie they covered.

Frank Welker please be okay :(

Do not worry about Frank Welker.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Frank Welker has a gold loving toilet, you know he does!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Frank Welker voiced this post.

And made $70,000

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm looking through his IMDb page now (you know you want to click that, just don't print it out at work) and it seriously boggles the mind. He voiced the cat in Big Hero 6. You know, the one that the robot picks up and pets and it purrs or something. 'How and why?' Here's your $70,000 cheque Mr. Welker.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
His first voice credit was Fred from Scooby-Doo in 1969.

His most recent credit was Fred from Scooby-Doo THIS YEAR

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq48dhbWfIQ&t=18s

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I would be willing to wager that Frank Welker has appeared in literally every non-anime English-language cartoon you've ever seen.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So his normal, everyday, speaking voice is just Fred from Scooby Doo? For some reason that's even weirder than if it sounded crazy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

TetsuoTW posted:

I would be willing to wager that Frank Welker has appeared in literally every non-anime English-language cartoon you've ever seen.

gently caress cartoons, if you've ever heard a sound it was probably made by Frank Welker

Earlier today, when you heard a dog barking faintly in the distance, that was absolutely Frank Welker. You owe him seventy thousand dollars.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gyges posted:

So his normal, everyday, speaking voice is just Fred from Scooby Doo? For some reason that's even weirder than if it sounded crazy.

I like to image its Nibbler

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

DoombatINC posted:

Earlier today, when you heard a dog barking faintly in the distance, that was absolutely Frank Welker. You owe him seventy thousand dollars.

Pretty sure it was Secundus.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Frank Welker is the wind in the willows, the buzzing of the bees, the sound of distant thunder rumbling. It's Frank Welker's world and we're just living in it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Now I have just got to loving see a documentary on how the gently caress Frank Welker does it

He's got it figured out, man

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Pretty sure it was Secundus.

Frank Wundus.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

precision posted:

Now I have just got to loving see a documentary on how the gently caress Frank Welker does it

He sure does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoXc7uEZ4Q

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I had a weird moment realizing that I never knew they did an episode of The Hand That Rocks The Cradle til now.

Now I'm all :tinfoil: wondering what other episodes I might've mismarked as Read on my podcast app...

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

precision posted:

The secret is probably working for scale and answering on the first ring.

I love the stories about Frank Welker they have on the Futurama commentaries. They absolutely love the guy, which is why they cast him as Nibbler.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I had to check IMDB because I was like "there's no loving way he only voiced Nibbler on that show" and sure enough he has about 50 different credits for Futurama alone.

quote:

- Murder on the Planet Express (2013) ... Blorgulax (voice)
- Game of Tones (2013) ... Nibbler / Seymour (voice)
- Fry and Leela's Big Fling (2013) ... Nibbler / Monkeys (voice)
- 2-D Blacktop (2013) ... Nibbler / Monkeys (voice)
- 31st Century Fox (2012) ... Animals (voice)
- The Thief of Baghead (2012) ... Mushroom Ego (voice)
- Overclockwise (2011) ... Nibbler (voice)
- That Darn Katz! (2010) ... Nibbler / Professor Fisherprice Shpeekenshpell / Cats / ... (voice)
- Rebirth (2010) ... Nibbler / Cyclophage (voice)
- Obsoletely Fabulous (2003) ... Nibbler / Ducks / Additional Voices (voice)
- Three Hundred Big Boys (2003) ... Caddy / El Chupanibre (voice)
- The Sting (2003) ... Nibbler / Bees (voice)
- The Why of Fry (2003) ... Nibbler (voice)
- Kif Gets Knocked Up a Notch (2003) ... Nibbler / Spirit / Poisonous Froad (voice)
- A Taste of Freedom (2002) ... Nibbler / Additional Voices (voice)
- Jurassic Bark (2002) ... Seymour / Cow (voice)
- Crimes of the Hot (2002) ... Nibbler (voice)
- 30% Iron Chef (2002) ... Ricardo (voice)
- Future Stock (2002) ... Joe / Ape #2 (voice)
- Love and Rocket (2002) ... Lovey Bears / Lion / Howler Mummies / ... (voice)
- Anthology of Interest II (2002) ... Nibbler / Toaster-Raccoon (voice)
- A Tale of Two Santas (2001) ... Nibbler / Walter Cronkite's Head / Robo-Dogs / ... (voice)
- I Dated a Robot (2001) ... Tyranosaurus Rex / Pigs (voice)
- The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz (2001) ... Penguins (voice)
- That's Lobstertainment! (2001) ... Jack Nicholson Gorilla (voice, uncredited)
- The Day the Earth Stood Stupid (2001) ... Nibbler / Dogs / Sheep / ... (voice)
- Amazon Women in the Mood (2001) ... Nibbler (voice)
- The Honking (2000) ... Additional Voices (voice)
- Anthology of Interest I (2000) ... Nibbler / Giant Anteaters (voice)
- Bender Gets Made (2000) ... Nibbler (voice)
- The Deep South (2000) ... Nibbler (uncredited)
- A Bicyclops Built for Two (2000) ... Nibbler / Internet Ads / Lizards (voice)
- Raging Bender (2000) ... The Toaster (voice, uncredited)
- Xmas Story (1999) ... Nibbler / Parrot (voice, uncredited)
- I Second That Emotion (1999) ... Nibbler / El Chupanibre / Jaguar (voice)
- When Aliens Attack (1999) ... Nibbler (voice, uncredited)
- Mars University (1999) ... Guenter's Parents / Guenter (when hatless) (voice, uncredited)
- Hell Is Other Robots (1999) ... Nibbler (voice, uncredited)
- A Fishful of Dollars (1999) ... Nibbler / Animals (uncredited)
- Love's Labours Lost in Space (1999) ... Nibbler / Animals (uncredited)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Isn't va work pay like really, really low though?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The line about printing out the imdb peg at work was one of the hardest non tangent laughs I've ever had from WHM.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Illinois Smith posted:

I had to check IMDB because I was like "there's no loving way he only voiced Nibbler on that show" and sure enough he has about 50 different credits for Futurama alone.

he was SEYMOUR?????

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Calaveron posted:

Isn't va work pay like really, really low though?

I assume that he gets insane royalty check stacks every month just on volume alone. Forests probably only exist today because Frank Welker has moved to direct deposit.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Empress Theonora posted:

he was SEYMOUR?????

DoombatINC posted:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

From Jupin's Letterboxd:

quote:

Pan (2015) ★
Watched Dec 10, 2015

Andrew Jupin’s review:

Stay tuned.

Woof.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Please tell me I'm not the only one who added "woof" into my daily speech after listening to this show.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Home Alone?

Edit: I am bad at reading and context. Ignore this post.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who added "woof" into my daily speech after listening to this show.

I've started saying "you can keep it" and "sit on it and spin" without even realizing it.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

Ror posted:

From Jupin's Letterboxd:

Pan = Stay Tuned

Oh YES. That movie looks like a boondoggle and a half.

PS. Add me to the people who say 'woof' about bad movies (or any bad media).

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
These guys are so funny and articulate it makes me feel insecure.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I wound up re-listening to the Foodfight episode on a whim and I think "These raisins are so good! And I'm SO HORNY WHILE I'M EATING THEM!" is an underrated WHM line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I lost it at the theorizing about the Bill and Ted commune where "everybody's fuckin'!"

e: Oh, and the first episode I listened to was Ghostbusters 2, because of course it was