Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

ookiimarukochan posted:

Not quite what you wanted, but enjoy

Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt

ookiimarukochan posted:

Not quite what you wanted, but enjoy

This is fantastic! I look forward to this show more than any other of the multitude I watch.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I was on the edge of my seat during that last scene. I wonder how much longer till Liv finds out.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Oops

JT Smiley fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 4, 2015

Pucklynn
Sep 8, 2010

chop chop chop

JT Smiley posted:

I was on the edge of my seat during that last scene. I wonder how much longer till Liv finds out.

I want her to find out, honestly. If Rita had included her face in that picture all of the fuss about sleeping with other people would've been pushed out of the way to deal with "we're getting played by a giant scary corporation" and that's the kind of drama I'm here for.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Oh me too, but it makes sense for Rita not to include her face after Liv told her that she went through Major's phone.

Pucklynn
Sep 8, 2010

chop chop chop

JT Smiley posted:

Oh me too, but it makes sense for Rita not to include her face after Liv told her that she went through Major's phone.

Yeah, I realized what she was doing while I watched it; it's just killing me slowly is all. I want these two to Just Be Happy, God drat It. It's extra-frustrating because I dislike monogamy-induced drama, but I recognize that I am a teeny-tiny minority in that sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rita is such an evil bitch and I love here and hate her at the same time.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Love her, hate her, and want to sleep with her.

Perfect strong female character to promote strong feminine roles.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Yeah she seems to be the vindictive type. And also ridiculously hot.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

It will be very gratifying when Liv eats her. And, sexy?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It will be very gratifying when Liv eats her. And, sexy?

So Liv'll absorb her personality and start doing provocative yoga?

:quagmire:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm really liking Stacey Boss

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Major and the zombie hooker :aaaaa:

:barf: at the ending though. Major will turn back into a zombie then try to get back together with Liv and the cycle continues.

Mr Boss owns.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

"I was literally screwed into being a zombie hooker."

This is the best show. That is all.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The female superhero's name was Blue Swallow.

Blue. Swallow.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
This episode went from good to the best episode the moment the zombie hooker bomb was dropped.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Selachian posted:

The female superhero's name was Blue Swallow.

Blue. Swallow.

Jesús how did I miss this? Goddamn this show is incredible

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

buddhanc posted:

Jesús how did I miss this? Goddamn this show is incredible

What am I missing?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Argue posted:

What am I missing?

Blue, swallow.

Blew then swallow.

Sex stuff

At least I think I'm on the right path here. Maybe it's a reference to something I'm not aware of but it's likely just a funny play on words.

Or I'm wrong. Doesn't matter, the ending scene with Liv on the buildings roof was such a perfect super hero moment.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 9, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

It's a reference to Black Canary, but in a better, sexual euphemism sort of way.

So I don't know how to read this. Is the guy Liv saved, the now zombie, a lackey of Mr. Boss and he knows the score? Or is he working for Blaine undercover?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Pan Dulce posted:

It's a reference to Black Canary, but in a better, sexual euphemism sort of way.

So I don't know how to read this. Is the guy Liv saved, the now zombie, a lackey of Mr. Boss and he knows the score? Or is he working for Blaine undercover?

He asked what he has to do to get brains. The initial impression was that he just had to tell how to get tainted Utopium, but it looks more like Blaine told him to be a mole.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That was great.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

Ravi's face when liv's superhero brain revealed itself was fantastic and had me dying

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

did babianeaux ending their partnership seem abrupt to anyone else? like, the reasoning was solid but the conversation seemed real short and going straight from that into 'oh, liv and major have to break up and oh, the cure they thought was good was only temporary' gave it no real time to dwell on

other than that, another good episode

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Brother Entropy posted:

did babianeaux ending their partnership seem abrupt to anyone else?

Yeah, but that's Babineaux. He's an abrupt person.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He's probably been thinking about it for a while, she can be a real liability sometimes. He's just not going to sit down and discuss it with her, because he's not into that sort of thing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So were we supposed to take from the zombie hooker bit that Blaine was running a zombie sex slavery ring on the side, or is there some other guy out there that they somehow don't know about?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

So were we supposed to take from the zombie hooker bit that Blaine was running a zombie sex slavery ring on the side, or is there some other guy out there that they somehow don't know about?

It was Blaine. When she said the John turned her and welcomed her to team Z, along with Blaine using the term earlier in the episode, it was 100% him.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It was Blaine. When she said the John turned her and welcomed her to team Z, along with Blaine using the term earlier in the episode, it was 100% him.

That's what I figured too, guess he was really diversifying his scumbag enterprises. For some reason I find that more disgusting than the whole "murdering destitute children" part.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

raditts posted:

That's what I figured too, guess he was really diversifying his scumbag enterprises. For some reason I find that more disgusting than the whole "murdering destitute children" part.

Yeah, for real. I think it's probably because murdering orphans for brains is so cartoonishly evil it's easier to overlook. This, not so much.

I wonder what the writers are going for here, because honestly this is going to make it realllly hard to keeping loving Blain as a comical bastard, and not just want him to die.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I thought it was implied he turned women during sex so they could serve a purpose for him with the rich lady in season one? I mean, she wasn't hooking for him, but she was using all her money to fund him and make him all human-looking and pretty.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

I thought it was implied he turned women during sex so they could serve a purpose for him with the rich lady in season one? I mean, she wasn't hooking for him, but she was using all her money to fund him and make him all human-looking and pretty.

Extortion and sex slavery are... kinda different.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

raditts posted:

Oh no, I meant he was turning other women that way. I kind of assumed he was doing things like that to other women. He's always seemed like a step beyond rear end. "The bitch apple doesn't fall far from the bitch tree." Or in this case, evil bastards.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

bobthenameless posted:

Ravi's face when liv's superhero brain revealed itself was fantastic and had me dying

:agreed:

The smile in the head nod were amazing

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Hollismason posted:

:agreed:

The smile in the head nod were amazing

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 10, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ that slow grin just kills me. I love Ravi.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

raditts posted:

That woman was also implicitly enslaved, though. Blaine had some lines implying that if she stopped sleeping with him, he'd stop getting food for her.

He's always been a scumbag! It's just easier to forget this season because he's in a tenuous alliance with the good guys - something he's able to maintain largely because he's pretending to them that his operations are more above board now, when really all that's changed is that he's cut out the "murdering homeless teens" part for a more convenient brain pipeline.

But yeah, Blaine is funny and charming and also super, super evil and a complete opportunist. He has most of that in common with Vaughn, actually, the villains on this show are a delight in how over the top they go while remaining charming on the screen.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
This was probably my favorite episode of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
This show is always surprisingly good and charming considering the premise is nothing special. The actors (especially Rahul Kohli) really help sell it, I think.

• Locked thread