Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

No because I have to work Hal, but for the record your shitposting isn't actual content and is so fake it hurts :)

whoa this new jib isn't one I like so much I don't believe there is such a thing as fake content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

good job this game imgay, you are totally on point

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't really understand why I'm getting voted other than like, just because.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I don't think imgay is a good vote at all. Someone acting more serious than usual isn't really a slam dunk scum catch

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I have three comments about imgay that aren't related to him being serious. I will even put them in list format for you to read them easily.

• He's talked about trying to drum up interaction and activity but I think he's puffing himself up there
  • His posts about what scum would do don't make sense together
  • He put himself on his silly list

I think imgay is spending more energy trying to give us an impression of him rather than actual scum looking.

That said, I actually disagree with Kash about the seriousness thing. It doesn't seem like he's being too serious, especially at the time Kash was making a deal out of it. I think imgay is suspicious, but I have this nagging feeling that Kash might be targetting imgay.

Opopanax posted:

I'm thinking Trip. I don't like the case on imgay and I think he's pushing a bad one. ##vote mmm

Like here is the entire progress on his vote. His first point is about something Kashuno said, then he votes me because he doesn't like the case. Opop I think you owe me at least some kind of explanation on why my case is bad rather than just a vote.

Hal's vote is explained better but there's not much I can say about a meta read.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

good job this game imgay, you are totally on point

ty

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Echoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

Echoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I dunno I feel good it is either you or MMM. You are doing a good job of appearing all serious and engaged but for the most part you say nothing and just sort of had the momentum fall off you.

MMM is different, he's constructing elaborate thoughts but they don't seem to go anywhere and he seems like he's hanging back and waiting for... something.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one is saying anything though

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like 2 posts all day in a highly active game is trash

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm with you there

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry I didn't get to my thread review yet. I was in a game with a pretty active conversation up to deadline. I am reading now and writing notes throughout work!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

MMM is different, he's constructing elaborate thoughts but they don't seem to go anywhere and he seems like he's hanging back and waiting for... something.

Yeah I'm waiting for people to read and respond to my posts.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you mean, stop waiting and act

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take charge of your life

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MMM if you are a true superstar, kill of kash for being in every mafia game or kill off opop because hes a lurker

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

imgay posted:

What do you mean, stop waiting and act

I have acted though. There's not much I can accomplish by filling this thread with a bunch of my own posts if nobody is responding to them.

I'll be more specific here. I don't feel comfortable voting when Opop is completely unknown to me and barely understand the other players any better. Can I extrapolate reads based on what's in the thread right now? Yes, but I don't want to and more importantly, I don't think I have to. It's easier for me to make reads if I can feel people out by interacting with them. When we've got a thread of sporadic posting, most of it not even being responses to earlier posts, it becomes loosey goosey. I understand this is a typical D1 problem, but the nature of this game means we can't really afford a loosey goosey D1, because voting for the wrong person ends the game.

I suppose that, yeah, if nothing continues to happen I might as well just start laying hot reads but there's plenty of time until the deadline.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MAKE SOME NOISE!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sure. Since you're here and willing to post, I'll jam with you imgay.

I think 're acting weird this game and I've talked about it in a few posts. Do you have a response to any of those?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Another question, one that seems sort of integral to the discussion this game. Are you putting even a little bit of seriousness in this game?

Like I know that you're not that serious about mafia in general, I'm just wondering if you're just uninvested or actively loving around.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've already solved this game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

imgay posted:

I've already solved this game

same

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I really hate how busy I've been this week. Hal looks the scummiest to me, lots of useless posting that doesn't contribute to scumhunting at all ##vote hal

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tbh that's all posts in thread tho

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

whoa kashuno way to break my whole view of the game

I probably have as many posts talking about how I feel about people as anyone else bro

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

whoa kashuno way to break my whole view of the game

I probably have as many posts talking about how I feel about people as anyone else bro

You also have a disproportionately large amount of white noise.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

You also have a disproportionately large amount of white noise.

No, my ratio is similar to anyone else in this game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just checked, at least half my posts are reads of people, the rest are humorous asides, your analysis is based on nothing Kashuno, are you even reading the thread?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the only town that's not vt

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gotta agree with hal, his output is fine and the signal to noise ratio isn't off either

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I mean if you want to talk about white noise posting why jump away imgay who is tv static screen come to life

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was thinking that Kash's motivation for switching could be a scum attempt to get another vote rolling after the momentum on imgay died but I'm at -1 and he could have voted me without much responsibility so I don't think that really makes sense

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like d1 is mostly useless this game. d2 is going to be the meat of this game for sure.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Premise: scum could probably hammer me out without culpability

Conclusion: The scum is already voting me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I feel like d1 is mostly useless this game. d2 is going to be the meat of this game for sure.

I think the opposite in that I think this is the game d1 is most important. With so few players you don't have much wiggle room and the first vote can decide the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I don't really agree with this line of thinking. Scum, by hammering you early, draw large amounts of suspicion to themselves and make it difficult d2.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I actually know who the target is

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

So I actually know who the target is

?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This would make scum Opop or Hal. Tough choice between the two. I think hal's been doing fine so far and doesn't seem obviously scummy. That doesn't rule him out though, he's a sneak and has had a strong hand in the narrative.

Meanwhile Opop has done nothing much and sort of appears scummy by default. I start feeling like surely if opop were scum he wouldn't be so lazy. But he could be.

Picking between the two I'd go for Opop, with the bonus that if Hal is scum his target clearly wouldn't be opop. Gotta think about this though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think the opposite in that I think this is the game d1 is most important. With so few players you don't have much wiggle room and the first vote can decide the game.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

These two statements don't really jive imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kashuno is the target

• Locked thread