Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Gmaz posted:

Ferrari is a truly passionate team, they have great passion for cheating.

Why would any team that doesn't love cheating be in F1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mclaren renewed this sponsorship deal with santander. this makes no sense from any perspective.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

mclaren renewed this sponsorship deal with santander. this makes no sense from any perspective.

This means more terrible TV adverts in the UK featuring Our Jense telling us what a mortgage is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNEoNDffm4

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't know they already had a sponsorship deal with Santander. I've never seen it on the car?

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This means more terrible TV adverts in the UK featuring Our Jense telling us what a mortgage is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNEoNDffm4

Like he has any loving clue what a mortgage is.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I didn't know they already had a sponsorship deal with Santander. I've never seen it on the car?
Alonso??

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it's been a thing since 2007 and only gotten less visible by the year. they had literally no presence in the team at all this year. makes no sense.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Xenoid posted:

Like he has any loving clue what a mortgage is.

He would if he had grown up on a couch in Stevenage.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Santander had a poster advert not too long ago with a slogan something like "Delivering more wins" and featuring Jessica Ennis and whoever the other guy they use is. Conspicuously absent: J Button, Esq.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

He would if he had grown up on a couch in Stevenage.
A warrior of the common folk. That explains why none of the other drivers talk to him :(

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
There's only one driver of the people and his name is Jochen Rindt, god rest his soul.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Nobody remembers poor Ratzenberger.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I heard an Esso advert on the radio today, "from the team that fuels the McLaren Honda Formula 1 team". I don't think that's as impressive sounding as they wanted :laugh:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Riso posted:

Ahh yes the man who once raced with Walter Lechner at Le Mans.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Enri... Enri my lad, you know better than this.

I know I know, but we've got to at least try :(

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

jammyozzy posted:

I heard an Esso advert on the radio today, "from the team that fuels the McLaren Honda Formula 1 team". I don't think that's as impressive sounding as they wanted :laugh:

I only use Shell V-Power Nitro Plus EX+ Alpha Championship Edition: Revengeance, either that or the fancy tesco stuff which works about the same. Esso sucks rear end and only does 97ron compared to 99ron, which is probably why McLaren are poo poo.

Riso posted:

He drove a fullysick looking demontweeks sponsored E30 M3 in the BTCC.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

track day bro! posted:

I only use Shell V-Power Nitro Plus EX+ Alpha Championship Edition: Revengeance, either that or the fancy tesco stuff which works about the same. Esso sucks rear end and only does 97ron compared to 99ron

This is the nerdiest thing I have ever seen regarding pump station petrol.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Agip's F3000 fuel was nicknamed "Jungle Juice" at one point. Cool.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Is there a place I can buy Agip patches? I want to put one on my kart suit next year.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

be nice wicka posted:

it's been a thing since 2007 and only gotten less visible by the year. they had literally no presence in the team at all this year. makes no sense.

Really? I was sure in my mind that Santander was no longer a McL sponsor, since like 2013.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Farmland Park posted:

Really? I was sure in my mind that Santander was no longer a McL sponsor, since like 2013.

they were on mclaren's firesuits last year and then vanished, but have been listed as a "partner" on mclaren's website all year. kind of wonder if this means a return to actual sponsorship or if they require some kind of deal with mclaren in order to keep button around.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Why is Lewis going on Jimmy Kimmel's show?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
he's the musical guest

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I think dubs posted and it's not showing up so I'm posting to see what happens.

e: yup got that dubs out of purgatory phew we can all rest easy now

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I think dubs posted and it's not showing up so I'm posting to see what happens.

e: yup got that dubs out of purgatory phew we can all rest easy now

Dubs is the Honda engine of posters.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Renowned bastion of journalism Vice has made the final call:Lewis is a fraud

I actually kinda agree with the author

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Lewis hangs out with the Kardashians

enough said

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

El Hefe posted:

Lewis hangs out with the Kardashians

enough said

I just fought you in Galaxy of Heroes and won.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

1500quidporsche posted:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

1500quidporsche posted:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can I be the Renault? Should be much better than it is but ultimately turns out to be mediocre that explodes randomly when it shouldn't.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'm the real life Caterham/ Team Lotus because I over promise about how great I'll be next year and continually under deliver, and eventually go bankrupt.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Dubs posted:

he's the musical guest

lmao he talks about his #megajet. he actually planned with the show to talk about his #megajet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLovIIBrdPs

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm Stefan GP

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

learnincurve posted:

Can I be the Renault? Should be much better than it is but ultimately turns out to be mediocre that explodes randomly when it shouldn't.

That's Wicka surely?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

That's Wicka surely?

what about the "should be much better" part

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

also, i started following lewis' insta recently and wow what the gently caress is wrong with that guy. "hold on bro i'm gonna stand on the wing of this plane, get a shot of me looking pensive" he is truly the worst

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That jet really isn't that mega. Bruce Dickinson has a way bigger jet and also makes better music.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

That jet really isn't that mega. Bruce Dickinson has a way bigger jet and also makes better music.

and Bruce can fly it himself too, suck on that Lewis :colbert:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
tbh I think it speaks volumes about how Lewis is managed by stylists and has no actual style of his own that when he had an opportunity "Pimp" a plane out and create a style of his own, instead of having graphics that highlight his passions and individuality, he had it painted ferrari red.

It's clearly not a new spygate because ferrari are saying we had talks with the guy but no actual agreement between us was made and you cant prove otherwise, but the details about what this guy was doing is damning and makes the security at Mercedes look really poo poo given that he was only busted when someone accidentally glanced at his laptop screen.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-mercedes-vs-ben-hoyle-a-new-spygate/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Payndz posted:

Santander had a poster advert not too long ago with a slogan something like "Delivering more wins" and featuring Jessica Ennis and whoever the other guy they use is. Conspicuously absent: J Button, Esq.

I used to drive past a bus shelter with one of their posters in it. "Winners keep on winning", I think the slogan was, with a big ol pic of Jense smiling away.

It lasted quite long into this season until it was unceremoniously torn down one day.

• Locked thread