Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Bernie has let rip into Merc and Ferrari -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35059767

Ferrari have already issued legal proceedings to try and stop him doing any changes, which indicates if he actually did try anything at all they would take the matter to court. But he thinks that "I think if we went to arbitration, we'd win easy", so looks like F1 legal wars are coming this winter.

Also he says F1 is partially poo poo thanks to Nico being poo poo and if Merc had 2 drivers of equal ability it "would probably be a lot better".

Really does indicate a very feisty few months. Question is how many times are Ferrari going to throw their dummy out the pram this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Bernie's just mad people are wisening up to his extortion and don't want to pay anymore.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reminder, ferrari are no longer bothering to pretend that they are not run by evil supervillains

Pictured: Dude that looks like a SS interrogator from any war movie ever, Drug lord, and the mob boss.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

learnincurve posted:

Reminder, ferrari are no longer bothering to pretend that they are not run by evil supervillains

Pictured: Dude that looks like a SS interrogator from any war movie ever, Drug lord, and the mob boss.

Not SS, MVSN. He's Italian.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Could you also rate them on their levels of Aspergers, please?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I hate this guy

Thanks for the insight in your sex lives

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

They just look like three cool guys to me. 😎🏎🏎

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

They just look like three cool guys to me. 😎🏎🏎

:agreed: Arrivabene is cool and good

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GramCracker posted:

:agreed: Arrivabene is cool and good

He's an evil man who worked most of his life to get people hooked on to cancer sticks.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

gret posted:

He's an evil man who worked most of his life to get people hooked on to cancer sticks.

But compared to the people in F1 he's cool and good.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

gret posted:

"What has morals got to do with it it's just business" Arrivabene on the veto

Would still totally hit that like the fist of an angry god though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

Would still totally hit that like the fist of an angry god though.

Given the chance I'd also probably sleep with Arrivabene.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gret posted:

See:

Xenoid posted:

But compared to the people in F1 he's cool and good.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Given the chance I'd also probably sleep with Arrivabene.

Hell, put me in line after LC and HGP. I think it's his hair.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 10, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Honestly they just look like a couple of blind guys and a granddad on dialysis to me.

Honestly he married Ginger Spice and she still looks good, I can't hate him. Wasn't it really the fizzy drink higherups who did most of the whining, too?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
whats his child dressed as

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol go watch the Abu Dhabi team principles press conference and see if you still don't think horner is a whinging twat.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
the only cool and good team principal is Arrivabene the rest suck

until they bring back Flavio

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Fat Eric is p good if you ask me.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Farce India's team principal is pretty cool because he looks like the head of a gang for chavs.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
its honestly a shame we've gone so many years without Flavio the best team principal in the history of F1

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What about Our Claire? She tried to seduce Ayrton Senna after all, she has good taste. Didn't do that to Nico Rosberg.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What about Our Claire? She tried to seduce Ayrton Senna after all, she has good taste. Didn't do that to Nico Rosberg.

If she had good taste she would've tried seducing Nelson Piquet instead.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Nico likes his girls with their eyes off kilter

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
:ironicat:

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015/12/10/the-future-of-mclaren/

quote:

McLaren is not about to go public and speculation that this is the plan is simply that. The story comes from some Ron Dennis quotes that have been extrapolated to a crazy extent by a website that has a habit of making huge guesses and then forgetting the guesses that don’t work out. We could all do this, but what’s the point? People eventually work out that it is all guesswork and they then trust the source less and ultimately they don’t bother to visit anymore, no matter how thrilling the headline may sound. So why would a website owner waste all that effort? Why not try to do the job properly and get off one’s backside and go to some races and try to become a credible F1 source, rather than a bottom-feeder? Of course it’s hard to do it, which is why only the best make it.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
please stop visiting that man's website even ironically

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
How do I win Joe's Award anyway?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

How do I win Joe's Award anyway?

get a lobotomy.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Pirelli dude thinks F1 should focus on three mini-seasons inside the whole season and some other stuff
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/dec/10/pirelli-f1-plan-revolutionise-scheduling-dwindling-appeal

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
There is no way that Sniff Petrol's Trentham Sleaves character is not based 100% on JJoC*.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
Wait I thought that bit about a "website that has a habit of making huge guesses and then forgetting the guesses that don’t work out" was about Joe's Award, not written by Joe's Award. :psyduck:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Xenoid posted:

Wait I thought that bit about a "website that has a habit of making huge guesses and then forgetting the guesses that don’t work out" was about Joe's Award, not written by Joe's Award. :psyduck:

That's Joe's Award literally putting his own foot in his mouth and absolutely not realizing it.

El Hefe posted:

please stop visiting that man's website even ironically

This.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Lewis is an awkward boner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRuNResGUYY

...wonder who "that kid" was. Oh wait.

Amazing how they were so close and now he can't even say that Nico prompted him to ride a unicycle in the first place. What petulance.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 11, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Payndz posted:

There is no way that Sniff Petrol's Trentham Sleaves character is not based 100% on JJoC*.

hahaha holy poo poo

http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/10/23/2015-us-grand-prix-preview/

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Trulli Formula-E.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Their Lewis AND James Corden?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Human Grand Prix posted:

RIP Trulli Formula-E.

Unsurprising given how much a shitshow they have been this year - car didn't work at all bar 2? laps in testing, then customs issues and then the cars failed scrutineering in the next race. A team truly worth the poo poo name that is Trulli.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pick a old race time chaps/ladies.

I'll do a youtube link sunday afternoon (or could be later depending on what you pick). 70s/80s/90s/early 2000s, basically anything before Sky got the rights for fairly obvious reasons.

edit: if no one picks then I'll choose something a random spa race from the mid 80s because you cant go wrong with spa.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 12, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
How about some 2007 or 2008 f1? Or one of the late V10 races

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
1986 Hungary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
4hr cananada

• Locked thread