Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving love LU. This all owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I love the way El Rey showcases Lucha Underground. It's like what TNA fans think Spike Destination America Pop will do.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
So, any idea if Lucha Underground will be legally viewable in Australia this season?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Burt Buckle posted:

I love the way El Rey showcases Lucha Underground. It's like what TNA fans think Spike Destination America Pop will do.
Well, it helps being on a tiny network that only has two other shows that are original programming and is desperate as gently caress to fill airtime with anything it can get its hands on.

POP isn't huge either but even they are currently running 10 original shows.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 10, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Wazzu posted:

So, any idea if Lucha Underground will be legally viewable in Australia this season?

Nothing new announced yet. Right now the only options that I am aware of are El Rey itself on cable, Sling.com, and fubo.tv. Maybe you could VPN a fubo account or something but I can't imagine that is a satisfactory solution. They keep saying there's some big deal about to break behind the scenes but nothing has come down yet.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Taking the matches off Youtube is a pretty big pointer that they've worked out some sort of streaming deal.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

Taking the matches off Youtube is a pretty big pointer that they've worked out some sort of streaming deal.

I'd be so excited if it was Netflix

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Illinois Smith posted:

Not necessarily. Never underestimate the ability of people to sit on IP because reasons. Now to be fair I'm more inclined to give LU the benefit of the doubt, but still.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Not necessarily. Never underestimate the ability of people to sit on IP because reasons. Now to be fair I'm more inclined to give LU the benefit of the doubt, but still.

Yeah I'm hopeful that's what it means, but there's definitely other things it could be. Hell, they might just not want all the main event matches up on their YouTube channel right before they do this big marathon on the tv station next month.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really wish there was a legal streaming option for El Rey. I had Sling but it was wholly unreliable, and it's not available on Playstation Vue. Bummer.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Phenix Rising posted:

I really wish there was a legal streaming option for El Rey. I had Sling but it was wholly unreliable, and it's not available on Playstation Vue. Bummer.

Yeah this is where I'm at. It's not even available on Fios. I'd pay for whatever lovely package they put it on too.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Phenix Rising posted:

https://www.fubo.tv/

$6.99 and legal.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I've switched off of Sling to fubo because fubo's stream is fuckin rock solid for me, too. And all I care about is El Rey out of the channels I had on Sling.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I just got an email saying that Fubo is going to raise their price to $9.99 a month on Monday. If you sign up before, you'll keep the $6.99 rate.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Call Me Charlie posted:

I just got an email saying that Fubo is going to raise their price to $9.99 a month on Monday. If you sign up before, you'll keep the $6.99 rate.

You get to keep the $6.99 rate forever, or just for the month where it changes?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Phenix Rising posted:

You get to keep the $6.99 rate forever, or just for the month where it changes?

I'm not sure. The page says "Get fubo PRO before the price change on Monday! Only $6.99 per month." so I'd guess it means you're grandfathered in.

https://www.fubo.tv/lp/v2/livematch..._eid=7a7eb44a01

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 12, 2015

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm not sure. The page says "Get fubo PRO before the price change on Monday! Only $6.99 per month." so I'd guess it means you're grandfathered in.

https://www.fubo.tv/lp/v2/livematch..._eid=7a7eb44a01

Just asked on Twitter and you get the $6.99 price for a full year before kicking over to $9.99.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

booyaka booyaka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Leaning on his only good leg left

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's weird that I knew Mysterio was for sure coming but I still got way excited for that picture. LU owns so hard.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Really curious how they're going to use Rey character-wise.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Posting from intermission - for a guy whose knee is supposedly all broken, he sure can work a match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Posting from intermission - for a guy whose knee is supposedly all broken, he sure can work a match

i heard he wasn't the only new face there tonight. Who else showed up?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Didn't he get some kind of super medical treatment for his knees recently?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TRAILER

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/675867444724957185?s=09

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I should watch Lucha Underground.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's weird that I knew Mysterio was for sure coming but I still got way excited for that picture. LU owns so hard.

If wasn't for sure. Even Meltzer hedged his bets in the Observer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

MATANZA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yes but who

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

this looks goddamn awesome

are we supposed to know who the soldier is? i assume not since the face isn't ever shown

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Oh my loving god yes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i laughed out loud when puma punched through a heavy bag

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Go RV! posted:

this looks goddamn awesome

are we supposed to know who the soldier is? i assume not since the face isn't ever shown

I'm guessing maybe that's Killshot? No one else has appeared yet who fits that bill that I can think of.

Non-spoilery stuff first: Apparently LU picked up new sponsors in Cricket Wireless and Autozone, or at least that's what some new posters said. Probably good news for the finances. They had a full bar in the back tonight for the first time this season.

Big names there tonight, maybe because of Rey's first night or maybe because deals are being struck. Robert Rodriguez himself was there. Mark Burnett was there. Other important looking people in suits were there touring around. Lot more folks coming through the VIP than usual. DANNY TREJO was back in the house.

oatgan posted:

Other new face was Dragon Azteca Jr., being played by I have no fuckin idea who. Dude seemed pretty good though, moves kind of like a mix of Ricochet and Killshot, he's tall (for this promotion) and very quick.

New heel is yes, as some have guessed, THE MONSTER MANTANZA CUETO, played by (I will put this in a separate spoiler in case you don't want to know.......He's all masked up so I can't be totally certain but I am 99% sure it's Jeff Cobb, who has worked a couple dark matches this year. He seems a good fit for it, he's built like a barrel and he has a really good power moveset.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Your final paragraph is right StarkRavingMad

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's like a goddamn Tekken intro and I love it.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gavok posted:

It's like a goddamn Tekken intro and I love it.

Well, they did say that LU was in part inspired by Mortal Kombat, so why not deepen the video game inspirations?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That was dope as gently caress. I love that Aerostar has an Arc Reactor in his chest now. I don't know who the military guy is but a balaclava as a lucha mask is a pretty brilliant idea.

Nice to see PJ "Justin "Cape Town "Darewolf" Werewolf" Gabriel" Black in the mix too. Looks like he's with Jack Evans?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 13, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is there any chance we can get a new thread for maximum hype?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Nice to see PJ "Justin "Cape Town "Darewolf" Werewolf" Gabriel" Black in the mix too. Looks like he's with Jack Evans?

Would make sense, AAA has shown that Jack's at his best when he has a flippy South African by his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Even with a bit of help, Puma/Ricochet doing that full kick/flip/somersault combo is insane. Like, for a glorious moment he was literally Forrest Law. I'll never stop laughing that the story is that he was at WWE, everyone was freaking out that he was there and huge fans of him, and their response wasn't to immediately throw him a modest bag of money and toss him into NXT. They really need a guy willing and able to do crazy aerial stuff too, the closest they have now is Rollins. If he keeps going like he has been I think he'll go down as a freaking legend in the indies when he finally hangs up the puma mask.

• Locked thread