Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

chunkles posted:

he's supposed to be a good jump shooter/shot blocker (at least for china) so comparing him to jianlian is a little mean.
Was Yi bad? I thought it was just injuries that took him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Was Yi bad? I thought it was just injuries that took him out.

He was pretty bad, yeah. He was supposed to be a post scorer but wasn't good at that in the NBA. He got hurt but never really showed anything before the injuries IMO

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Spurs are gonna draft a Dynasty Warriors character from the Wu empire

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
wow maybe Boban and Liu Bei could have a who-got-more-hosed-up-ears competition

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Liu Bei was in Shu!!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Liu Bei was in Shu!!!
yeahhh I know, but I don't gently caress with Wu and neither do the San Antonio Spurs. :colbert:

“I once went into the Emei Mountains where I studied the Way of Taoism for thirty long years. One day I heard my name called from out of the rocky wall of my cave. I looked, but could see no one. The same thing happened for several days. Then suddenly one day, with a roar like thunder, the wall split asunder, and I saw a sacred book in three volumes called The Supreme Book of Magic. From the first volume I learned to ascend to the clouds astride the wind, and to sail up into the great void itself; from the second to pass through mountains and penetrate rocks; from the third, to become invisible at will or change my shape while traveling over the four seas, and to decapitate a man from a distance with a flying sword or dagger. Your Highness has reached the acme of glory—why not withdraw from your position now and come with me to the Emei Mountains to learn the Taoist wisdom? I will bequeath my three volumes to you.”- Tim Duncan to Kawhi Leonard recently (just a weird way to ask him to go paintballing)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Spurs are gonna draft a Dynasty Warriors character from the Wu empire

Lu Xun seems like he could be a good replacement for Parker in a couple years, I hear he's got great tools and leadership potential.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Chad Ford posted a mock draft already:

quote:

1. Philadelphia 76ers

Ben Simmons
LSU
Freshman
Forward

Is this the year the Sixers finally finish with the worst record in the NBA (and thus the best chance of winning the lottery)? In 2014, they finished with the second-worst record. In 2015, they were third worst. This year they've won a total of one game all year -- against the Lakers, the second worst team in the league.

I've been wringing my hands a bit over the process lately, but if all of this leads to the Sixers landing Simmons, it might be worth it. While players like Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel and (if he ever gets healthy) Joel Embiid are talented, none of them has Simmons' superstar potential. He's a point guard in the body of an uber-athletic power forward. Put the ball in his hands and the Sixers suddenly become a much more interesting and dangerous team.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 25 percent

2. Los Angeles Lakers*

Skal Labissiere
Kentucky
Freshman
Center/forward

Kobe Bryant's retirement should be great news for Lakers fans in the long run. The Lakers are no longer pretending that they are playoff contenders and with Bryant retiring at the end of the season, they can enter into full-scale tank mode. That's important because L.A. must send this pick to the 76ers if it falls to fourth or lower in the lottery. Finishing with the second-worst record gives the Lakers a 56 percent chance of keeping their draft pick.

Labissiere seems like a terrific fit. He has size, athleticism and a versatile offensive game that allows him to stretch the floor. He's off to a slow start at Kentucky, but skilled bigs are all the rage right now in the NBA and with Roy Hibbert heading into free agency next summer, Labissiere would be a major get for the Lakers. Think LaMarcus Aldridge 2.0.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 19.9 percent

3. New Orleans Pelicans

Brandon Ingram
Duke
Freshman
Forward

I don't think anyone predicted the Pelicans would get off to such a terrible start. I thought they were a lock for the sixth or seventh seed in the West. But their slow start could be a blessing in disguise in the long run. New Orleans need another elite prospect to pair on the floor with Anthony Davis and landing this high in the lottery could fulfill that need.

Obviously Simmons, who is spending his freshman year at LSU, would be a godsend. But if the Pelicans land here, they'll have a tough decision to make between Ingram and Dragan Bender. Ingram's ability to shoot the ball should put him slightly ahead of Bender. He's long, athletic and has myriad tools for a kid his size. He needs to get stronger -- way stronger -- but he's got a real chance to be a star.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 15.6 percent

4. Boston Celtics*

Dragan Bender
Croatia
Forward/center

The Nets will send this pick to the Celtics as part of the Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce trade, regardless of where it lands. Given how poorly they Nets have played thus far, this pick could easily be No. 2 or No. 3. Danny Ainge should name Billy King team MVP this season. Bender's big, skilled, can guard multiple positions and could give the Celtics their best big man since KG.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 11.9 percent (via Nets)

5. Sacramento Kings*

Jamal Murray
Kentucky
Freshman
Guard

It seems like the Kings are just superglued to this position in the draft every year, constantly picking somewhere in the mid-lottery. No matter how much talent they add, it never seems to move the needle much when it comes to wins and losses. A lot of that has to do with chemistry and character. No one doubts the individual talents of many of Sacramento's players. But their ability to play collaborative basketball is a major issue.

Murray should change that. Not only will he fill a need a point guard (assuming Rajon Rondo bolts for a bigger market next summer), but the Kings also need a player with his poise and leadership. You can bet that Kris Dunn -- who is a flashier, more athletic, but erratic version of Murray -- will also get a long look here.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 8.8 percent

6. Denver Nuggets*

Jaylen Brown
Cal
Freshman
Forward

Denver owns the right to swap picks with the Knicks this year, but given the better than expected start for New York, it's looking more and more likely that the Nuggets will just keep their own pick.

The Nuggets are in the process of an unexpected rebuild. Their last couple of first-rounders (Emmanuel Mudiay and Gary Harris) along with second-round picks Nikola Jokic and Joffrey Lauvergne are showing promise. Adding a versatile, athletic small forward like Brown to the mix gives them promising young players at every position. Brown is blessed with an NBA body, elite athleticism and the ability to play multiple positions on either end of the floor. He's struggling with his jump shot, but he's an elite prospect otherwise.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 6.3 percent

7. Portland Trail Blazers*

Henry Ellenson
Marquette
Freshman
Forward/center

The Blazers suffered short-term catastrophic losses to their core this summer, but the long-term outlook is rosy. Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum are a lethal backcourt. Portland just needs more help up front. Ellenson should be a terrific fit. He's big, athletic, skilled and can really stretch the floor. While his shooting numbers are down right now, he's a real threat from 3. In the new NBA, he's the prototypical young 4. The Blazers shouldn't hesitate to grab him if he falls this far.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 4.3 percent

8. Milwaukee Bucks

Jakob Poeltl
Utah
Sophomore
Center

The Bucks are another surprise team in the lottery this year. Their defensive numbers have plummeted with the loss of Zaza Pachulia, Ersan Ilyasova and Jared Dudley along with the addition of Greg Monroe in the middle. A rookie probably isn't going to have a major impact right away, but in the long term the addition of a player like Poeltl would give Milwaukee another great option in the paint.

Poeltl is a better shot-blocker and rebounder than Monroe with more mobility. He needs to continue to add strength and toughness, but he's off to a terrific start for the Utes this year and worthy of a pick this high.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 2.8 percent

9. Minnesota Timberwolves*

Furkan Korkmaz
Turkey
Forward

The Wolves' strong play shouldn't be that surprising. They have the best young core in basketball and are a legitimate playoff contender with several key veterans coming off the bench. Minnesota must give up its pick to the Celtics if it falls between 13 and 30.

If the Wolves keep it, Korkmaz would be an impressive addition to their abundance of riches. He's a prototypical NBA 2-guard who can both slash to the basket and shoot the 3. He's shooting 40 percent from deep in Euroleague play and 48 percent in the Turkish League.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 1.7 percent

10. Phoenix Suns

Kris Dunn
Providence
Junior
Guard

The Suns already have two very good point guards in Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight, but both are really more combo guards in the bodies of point guards. Adding Dunn gives them a strong, athletic point guard who defends, gets to the rim and passes creatively. He could be a great backup in Phoenix. His age and lack of a reliable 3-point stroke are the only things keeping Dunn from being a top-five pick.

Odds of winning lottery: 1.1 percent

11. Toronto Raptors*

Cheick Diallo
Kansas
Freshman
Forward/center

The Raptors get the worse pick from either the Nuggets or the Knicks this year thanks to the devastating Andrea Bargnani trade from a few years back. With Knicks rookie Kristaps Porzingis playing so well, it looks likely that the Raptors will end up with New York's pick.

If they do, I think GM Masai Ujiri will be thrilled to add Diallo. Ujiri loves players with toughness and a high motor. Few players in this draft, if any, possess it like Diallo. He might not ever be a superstar, but he's going to have a long career in the league. Think a bigger Kenneth Faried.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 0.8 percent (via Knicks)

12. Washington Wizards

Ivan Rabb
Cal
Freshman
Forward/center

I don't expect we'll see the Wizards this high in subsequent mocks, and drafting 12th doesn't come with the same silver lining that the higher teams share. There's a serious dropoff in talent right now right around this spot.

However, Rabb is an interesting prospect. Most scouts felt he'd be at least a two-year player at Cal, but he's off to a very strong start and checks a number of boxes that NBA scouts are looking for in modern bigs. The Wizards have a major hole at the power forward position right now. Rabb would be a great long-term fit.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 0.7 percent

13. Detroit Pistons

Damian Jones
Vanderbilt
Junior
Center/forward

The Pistons have one superstar in Andre Drummond but are still trying to figure out the right pieces to put around him. Reggie Jackson is off to a strong start and the Pistons are bullish on the futures of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Stanley Johnson. None of them looks like a star right now, though, and at this point in the draft there aren't any real stars to be had.

Still, Jones would add depth behind Drummond at center and Ilyasova at power forward. There's not a lot of skill to Jones' game, but he's athletic and can finish above the rim.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 0.6 percent

14. Orlando Magic

Stephen Zimmerman
UNLV
Freshman
Center

The Magic are in need of a 4 who can both stretch the floor and protect the rim. There aren't any elite prospects left on the board that fit that description, but Zimmerman is solid at both. He is big and mobile with the ability to shoot and pass. He's also averaging two blocks per game for UNLV. Just don't ask him to get physical in the paint.

Odds of winning lottery (if season ended today): 0.5 percent

15. Denver Nuggets*

Demetrius Jackson
Notre Dame
Junior
Guard

The Rockets are struggling, but right now they're still poised to squeak into the playoffs. If they do, this pick goes to Denver.

Emmanuel Mudiay might be the point guard of the future, but he's having a very up-and-down rookie season. Jameer Nelson has been a solid backup, but Jackson could give them both poise and youth behind Mudiay.

(via Rockets)

16. Utah Jazz

Caris LeVert
Michigan
Senior
Guard/forward

The Jazz are just loaded with young players at every position, so it's tough to discern a particular need right now. LeVert is an exceptional ball handler for a wing with a very good shot. He has steadily improved every season he's played at Michigan. For a team like the Jazz, who value high basketball IQ and versatile skill sets, he should be a steal.

17. Memphis Grizzlies*

Timothe Luwawu
France
Guard/forward

Jeff Green and Courtney Lee are both free agents this summer and the Grizzlies could use an infusion of youth on the wing. Luwawu is having a breakout season for Mega Vizura, averaging 16.5 PPG and shooting 42 percent from 3. He's a prototypical NBA wing with length, athleticism and the ability to score from anywhere on the floor.

18. Boston Celtics*

Thomas Bryant
Indiana
Freshman
Center

Boston's biggest need is for an athletic shot-blocker. However, you're not really going to find one worth taking in the lottery.

Bryant is intriguing. He's big, has a massive wingspan and plays hard. He also has a skill set that allows him to face the basket -- but he's very, very raw. In this draft, that upside probably outweighs what will be a long developmental curve.

(via Mavericks)

19. Chicago Bulls

Wade Baldwin IV
Vanderbilt
Sophomore
Guard

Derrick Rose could use a long-term backup. Kirk Hinrich is near retirement and Aaron Brooks is a marginal No. 2.

Baldwin is a terrific shooter with good size for his position and can play both backcourt spots. He could work his way into being a terrific option behind Rose.

20. Boston Celtics

Zhou Qi
China
Center

Given all the young players already on the Celtics, it's hard to imagine that they'll keep all three first-rounders. If they do, taking a young player to stash overseas might be a good play. Zhou is super talented, skilled and long, but his rail-thin body needs to add a lot of muscle. Boston can afford to wait.

21. Los Angeles Clippers

Isaiah Briscoe
Kentucky
Freshman
Guard

When Austin Rivers is your backup point guard, you need help. I think Doc Rivers will really appreciate what Briscoe brings to the table.

Briscoe already is built like a 10-year NBA vet, but he's also decided to become a lockdown defender at Kentucky. He sees the floor well, can score and has shown a willingness to take a role outside the spotlight. If he were playing at a program where he was the featured star at point guard, I think he'd go even higher.

22. Philadelphia 76ers*

Malik Newman
Mississippi State
Freshman
Guard

Newman's off to a slow start, but the there's a lot of talent there. He's a little stuck in between positions, but in high school he was one of the best scorers in the country and should be able to play both backcourt positions. Most importantly for Sixers fans? He can shoot.

(via Heat)

23. Indiana Pacers

Chinanu Onuaku
Louisville
Sophomore
Forward/center

Onuaku might not be much on offense, but he's arguably the best defensive big man in the country. He'd add some toughness and mobility to Indiana's front line, bringing an excellent shot of energy off the bench.

24. Atlanta Hawks

Denzel Valentine
Michigan State
Senior
Forward/guard

Kyle Korver and Thabo Sefolosha take the bulk of the minutes at the 2 for the Hawks, but both are on the wrong side of 30 and Atlanta could use an injection of life at the wing. Valentine lacks elite athleticism, but he's become a triple-double machine as a senior and should fit right in with the Hawks' culture.

25. Toronto Raptors

Grayson Allen
Duke
Sophomore
Guard

The Raptors don't necessarily have any other glaring needs, so they might consider Allen here. He could be the most polarizing player in the draft.

Scouts love his toughness, athleticism and ability to shoot the basketball. In his first eight games for Duke he's averaging 21.8 PPG and shooting a red-hot 46 percent from 3. However, his lack of size and struggles running the point raise some red flags, as did a dud of a performance against Kentucky.

26. Philadelphia 76ers*

Jonathan Jeanne
France
Center/forward

This would be the third first-round pick for the 76ers. It's doubtful they'll have all three playing next season, especially with the possibility that Dario Saric might also come. Jeanne is all about upside. He has a 7-foot-6 wingspan, runs the floor well and features a nice faceup game. He needs to add a lot of strength, but in a couple of years he could be a real find for Philly.

(via Thunder)

27. Charlotte Hornets

Diamond Stone
Maryland
Freshman
Center

Stone is an old-school big man in the mold of a young Al Jefferson. He's not a great athlete, but he knows how to carve out space and score in the post. Given the diminishing returns that Jefferson brings to the table -- and with bigs like Frank Kaminsky and Cody Zeller already on the roster who can spread the floor -- having someone who makes his living in the paint might make sense for the Hornets.

28. Phoenix Suns*

Carlton Bragg
Kansas
Freshman
Forward

Bragg is a versatile, athletic forward who can score both facing the basket and in the paint. He plays a limited role on Kansas this year and likely will return for his sophomore season. But if he were to declare, he's a terrific prospect worth gambling on this late in the draft.

(via Cavaliers)

29. San Antonio Spurs

Domantas Sabonis
Gonzaga
Sophomore
Forward

Sabonis is the perfect sort of Spurs player -- highly intelligent, tough, super productive, especially as a rebounder, but lacks the flash and upside of players going ahead of him. He'd thrive under Gregg Popovich.

30. Golden State Warriors

Dwayne Bacon
Florida State
Freshman
Forward/guard

The Warriors already have a treasure trove of talent and don't really need another rookie. Bacon's athleticism, ability to shoot the ball from 3 and versatility make him a great fit if he could ever find a few minutes in Golden State's rotation.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I only watched Henry Ellenson once and he got thoroughly owned by Jarrod Uthoff and Adam Woodbury so psh.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If I was gonna play russian roulette and draft a CBA player the last thing I'd wanna do is leave him over there. Maybe work out some Huestis-type deal where he plays in the D-League for a year.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh man as a Jailblazers devotee, the Spurs bringing in the New Sabonis would basically be my bball dreams come true (other than Peja getting into a Lazarus pit and coming out 21 again with a Spurs jersey)
Although really at this point we need guards and ball handlers but whatever it'll be impossible to know our needs until the draft comes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I love Sabonis The Younger. He isn't super polished but he's big and plays so loving hard. He rebounds like a motherfucker.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like Newman to 76ers. Right now he's probably better than Canaan.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Realizing Bender is a PF/C instead of a SG is a lot less fun

I've never watched Simmons play, but is his passing as good as people say it is and could he play PG at all?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

DOOP posted:

I've never watched Simmons play, but is his passing as good as people say it is and could he play PG at all?

His passing lives up to the hype. His handles are more Lamar than LeBron.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kristaps is NeoSabonis. Domantas is simply Sabonis the Lesser

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

DOOP posted:

Bender is ridiculously good, at least against Euro guys.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Valentine on the Hawks would own something fierce.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DOOP posted:

The guy is 6'10" and 230lbs, if you think he'll be able to guard westbrook or Curry or Lillard or literally any other nba point guard you're crazy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons is going to be best a PF on defense most likely. He'll be his own position on offense. IMHO.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

straight up brolic posted:

Bender is ridiculously good, at least against Euro guys.

And he just turned 18.

edit: there's a nice batch of guys at PG and SG who'll probably be available between 10-30. Demetrius Jackson, Wade Baldwin, Monte Morris, Levert, Newman, Korkmaz, etc.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 10, 2015

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

quote:

Denver Nuggets*

quote:

Jaylen Brown

quote:

He's struggling with his jump shot, but he's an elite prospect otherwise.

Not another one. We're already full up.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Kristaps is NeoSabonis. Domantas is simply Sabonis the Lesser
Kristaps would be closer to NeoDirk. Sabonis could shoot from distance, but he was almost strictly a low post player.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

And he just turned 18.

edit: there's a nice batch of guys at PG and SG who'll probably be available between 10-30. Demetrius Jackson, Wade Baldwin, Monte Morris, Levert, Newman, Korkmaz, etc.

Please do not forget the IV when discussing Wade Baldwin IV

Also Diamond Stone would be a terrible idea for the Hornets

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Crazy Ted posted:

Kristaps would be closer to NeoDirk. Sabonis could shoot from distance, but he was almost strictly a low post player.

Kristaps moves way better than Dirk I think. I want to see what a NBA training regime does to him over the next few years, might end up being really good on defense some day.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Doltos posted:

Kristaps moves way better than Dirk I think. I want to see what a NBA training regime does to him over the next few years, might end up being really good on defense some day.

He's way more athletic and coordinated than Dirk ever was and he's already a good shot blocker. The future's real bright

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Not sure if you guys would be interested but in one of my graduate courses I have to do matchup analysis reports and I figure I'd share one here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HIbey4pv7fWKEEMXMBSf1-Bg3s88AJSExayQCZ8fAOA/edit?usp=sharing

Skal Labissiere vs Marshall Plumlee from the game back in November.

The two matchups were bleh. Plumlee outrebounded Skal easily, got him into foul trouble early, then disappeared shortly after Skal because he's too slow tempo versus Kentucky. Takeaways from the game tho are that Briscoe needs to stop chewing his mouthguard like a open mouthed moron, Murray is a really, really good basketball player, Grayson has one of the most punchable Duke faces in history, and Kentucky's spirit squad must be the most annoying group of douches in the history of any sport.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Doltos posted:

Not sure if you guys would be interested but in one of my graduate courses I have to do matchup analysis reports and I figure I'd share one here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HIbey4pv7fWKEEMXMBSf1-Bg3s88AJSExayQCZ8fAOA/edit?usp=sharing

The two matchups were bleh. Plumlee outrebounded Skal easily, got him into foul trouble early, then disappeared shortly after Skal because he's too slow tempo versus Kentucky. Takeaways from the game tho are that Briscoe needs to stop chewing his mouthguard like a open mouthed moron, Murray is a really, really good basketball player, Grayson has one of the most punchable Duke faces in history, and Kentucky's spirit squad must be the most annoying group of douches in the history of any sport.

There's ANOTHER loving Plumlee? :psyduck:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I thought the last Plumlee joined the army or some poo poo. Apparently his nickname is "The Apartment Complex"...according to like, a Wikipedia edit. It fits. Milton "Strip Mall" Plumlee

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The last Plumlee also has disgusting armpit hair. It's a bush on either side and is inexcusable

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doltos posted:

I wouldn't have dropped out if my school had classes like this. We had 'Basketball Coaching' and 'Officiating'.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Doltos posted:

I wish I could get my master's in watching basketball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ButtWolf posted:

I wouldn't have dropped out if my school had classes like this. We had 'Basketball Coaching' and 'Officiating'.

The class is called advanced coaching techniques where we use physics to map out skillsets in sports. So for instance if I were to do a dynamic modeling of a rebound, which I'm doing, I'd say that a rebound is made up of horizontal and vertical positioning. Horizontal positioning is organized by angle and starting position which is then broken down to horizontal force and finally we go into strength concepts about the hip, knee, ankle, and trunk. Vertical positioning is vertical speed which is measured by vertical acceleration, so we do velocity measurements for mass x acceleration, which turns into vert force, which is again defined by hip, knee, ankle, and trunk motion. Rebounding itself is influenced by Newton's first law of physics which is why rebounds tend to go to the opposite direction of where they were shot.

But whatever, the point is I have to watch sports games to identify skillsets and the physics behind them while reporting the influence these players had on the game. It's basically convoluted scouting reports, I just choose to do mine on basketball since finding highlights for those games are way easier.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

That's pretty cool man, keep the posts comin. Someone should buy you a red title text that says ask me about cool stuff which I am knowledgeable about.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Not really thinking about the NBA Draft yet, especially since it's not's guaranteed that the Wolves will have a pick, though they probably will given young players like Wiggins, Towns, and Lavine are logging heavy minutes. That being said, they have a couple obvious needs. First, is 3-point shooting, which is something that they've struggled at for quite a long time. Martin can be good at times, but he's not a long term piece. Lavine has the potential to be a decent long range shooter and Towns can hit threes when he needs to, but this is an area where they really need to improve on. Second, is a PF to complement Towns. Payne does not seem to be progressing and still has a tendency to get into quick foul trouble. Dieng can log some minutes at PF, but I think his potential is limited. Bjelica is still adapting to the NBA, but he's a bench player at this stage and a few years older than their core players. Not really sure what type of PF would best complement Towns, a stretch 4 could be nice due to their need for shooting, but they could also get away with a more physical rebounding and low post player. Ultimately, it just needs to be someone who doesn't suck and stays out of foul trouble, which I know is great analysis.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So what's the chance that the Sixers will move away from Hinkie's "process" even more by moving a pick or two for a veteran? Since the only thing funnier than running a bottoming-out scheme is to abandon it for once that definitely won't work.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
What is actually going to happen is they will get the #1 pick, Simmons will turn out to be a future HOFer, Embiid will get healthy allowing them to trade Okafor for a guard, the Lakers pick will convey next year and they will get another star from either that or their pick in 2017, Saric will come over and be good, and the 76ers will go to four conference finals and win a title over the next ten years, with everyone saying how Jerry Coangelo is a genius and built the team so well - forgetting that poor old fired and unemployable Sam Hinke, the supposed undisputed worst general manager in the history of generally managing, was the man who made it all possible. :smith:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

So what's the chance that the Sixers will move away from Hinkie's "process" even more by moving a pick or two for a veteran? Since the only thing funnier than running a bottoming-out scheme is to abandon it for once that definitely won't work.

Hiring Coangelo literally changes nothing about what the Sixers are doing.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

They are basically locked into this process until 2018 which holy poo poo that's like six loving years spent in a rebuild that might end up with them in another rebuild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CXw55KXWwAAtKYQ.mp4

• Locked thread