Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

An all-ranger gimmick run seems almost viable, from what we'e seen so far.

HANZO STEEL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

Firaxis devs are livestreaming the game right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames

Ew, they really hosed up the bitrate and the game volume is louder than the people trying to talk, it's always charming when gamedevelopers try to stream haha. THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEAGLE FOR, HE STREAMS YOU DEVELOP

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Oh cripes...the ragdolls are utterly hilarious in the stream. I need that gifv of the sniper blasting an advent in the head, somersaulting backwards and plastered across the wall before sliding down so bad.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Goon namelist ---> goon soldier pool? Is it possible to customize a soldier and then submit them for others to use or is it just a steam friends thing?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hopefully there's at least some way of getting the soldiers as files so that we could have a big 'ol zip for download.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Watched beagle's vids, seemed to be a fair amount of shooting through walls and corners going on. Hopefully they will improve that.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Watched beagle's vids, seemed to be a fair amount of shooting through walls and corners going on. Hopefully they will improve that.

Even if not, I'm just glad they added that little indicator of whether or not you'll be able to shoot at an alien if you move to a certain spot. That alone is like...most of the issues I had with shooting through walls or not being able to because that little lamp is totally blocking your LOS to the target ect.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think at one point they fired a grenade through a ceiling wall

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Really liking them making the UI smaller and clearer.

The Geoscape actually looks fun this time around too.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 10, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well, I was going to nap before work, but fuckit, XCOM2 streams!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Pretty sure they said some time ago that you can export custom people and share them. Don't know about entire lists.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I need someone to mod in more animations for the "walk of victory" when your troops return. On a flawless victory they should swagger in with their arms in the air while a crowd goes wild.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

That and people trying to break windows that are already broken, repeatedly, and such.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Demiurge4 posted:

I need someone to mod in more animations for the "walk of victory" when your troops return. On a flawless victory they should swagger in with their arms in the air while a crowd goes wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr2VYWYB5BE&t=20s

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Demiurge4 posted:

Walk_of_Cena mod day one.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Emy posted:

That and people trying to break windows that are already broken, repeatedly, and such.

Or in Beagle's video, where they kept trying to elbow the laser window.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Perfect.

I also want psykers to go full super saiyan for 20 seconds when performing their ultimate move.

Edit: Also a cut to Bradford doing this

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 10, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zomborgon posted:

An all-ranger gimmick run seems almost viable, from what we'e seen so far.

HANZO STEEL

the phantom upgrade they showed in the stream was basically like "yes, this is a thing i want"

i am also digging the HELL out of the grenadier/new heavy. the minigun beats the lmg in coolness by several degrees of magnitude and the mgl they carry has already been shown off to be way more fun than the rocket launcher by allowing arcing shots. allahu ackbar, xcom ackbar.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Vince "Central" McMahon

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Psion posted:

Vince "Central" McMahon

honestly if you squint the resemblance is already there

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
For anyone that missed the Stream http://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames/v/29240372 Stream actually starts around 15-16 minutes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

MadHat posted:

For anyone that missed the Stream http://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames/v/29240372 Stream actually starts around 15-16 minutes.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Man I hope that's a feature, when you shoot things and nearby soldiers pop their heads out to watch.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Steelion posted:

Man I hope that's a feature, when you shoot things and nearby soldiers pop their heads out to watch.

It better be, because I am never gonna get tired of my soldiers being excited to see things get blown the gently caress up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Kill cam photobombing is the hottest new fad.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The head turn as she starts firing is perfect.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I am so loving excited for this game and happy that Firiaxis correctly identified the things people liked about the first game and cranked all of them up to 11.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Vigilo Confido indeed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Kennel posted:

Kill cam photobombing is the hottest new fad.

they did note that the living quarters on the SHIELD superfortress is a step up from what most people have been rocking on the fringes of ADVENT society, and that place looks...well, spartan, is the most charitable word i can come up with.

what i'm saying is that your soldiers probably have some pretty twisted ideas of fun and i'm ok with that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gonna give mini-guns to all my soldiers.

Even the Snipers.

Especially the Snipers.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I thought I knew what hype was.

Then XCOM 2 proved me wrong.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Well, XCOM 2's PR team certainly went loud today.

February can't come soon enough!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

holy poo poo in the twitch stream the ranger ginzus an advent shock lancer and the shockwave partially collapses the checkpoint the shock lancer was using as cover

rules of snake tits is loving real

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Weapons can have names and individual mods!

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Let's not forget about the dedicated modding tools too :allears:

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Lunethex posted:

I was excited about XCOM 2 until I watched today's footage. Now I'm in complete disbelief this is a game we're getting.

Its everything I didn't know I wanted, and it is fantastic.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Coolguye posted:

holy poo poo in the twitch stream the ranger ginzus an advent shock lancer and the shockwave partially collapses the checkpoint the shock lancer was using as cover

rules of snake tits is loving real

I just hope Solomon saw my stupid video and decided XCOM 2 needed more of that

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-cSh3aPDPw
Here's a whole video about character customization. It also has a interview with Jake Solomon and yes, he said you can share the whole pool with anyone, still don't know what the exact method is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Hey guys.

I played XCOM 2.

It is good.

Thank you for your time.

• Locked thread