Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I don't really agree with this line of thinking. Scum, by hammering you early, draw large amounts of suspicion to themselves and make it difficult d2.

I don't think that's necessarily true, but I realize I'm drawing myself into a bit of logic hole where I'm saying scum wouldn't fall under suspicions for hammering, while also openly taking suspicions off people who could have hammered but didn't. It's all a wash and I reinvented the WIFOM wheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

These two statements don't really jive imo

In the first I'm saying it can decide the game because you can vote out the scum or the scum target and finish the game. I don't think that's incongruous with the second post, although I agree the second post doesn't really work.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay you are saying you got the secret role and the role told you who the murderer was trying to frame?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm basically ignoring imgay at this point but this could be interesting if it goes somewhere

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, Kash were you told you were the target?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I p sure scum is mmm or opop at this point

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

imgay posted:

I p sure scum is mmm or opop at this point

Good vote for him then

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Yeah, Kash were you told you were the target?

I was not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hmm are we going to really have anything going on between now and deadline?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah. Hammer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Should we just hammer now then?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote kash "Oh golly gosh gee, do you think I should, mistah?"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean imgay outed me as the target so...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hmm, there's no way to know that's true, but I guess it's not worth it yet ##vote mmm

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
eh I don't think things are gonna change much.

##vote MMM

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye MMM Whatchya Say!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
MMM Whatchya Say has been arrested. As the cops lead him away, another officer comes out of the room he was sleeping in with the murder weapon. It looks like everything is okay, and the murderer has been caught. All Town Alligned characters win, All Writer Alligned characters lose.

You had it all planned out, and your benefactor has given you enough money to buy more than just your silence. After killing Mr.Bates as you were told by the man that hired you. Your next mission is to frame the man who seeks to rat out your benefactor. Your target is "Kashuno". By any means neccesary, you must convince the group he is the murderer, and have him thrown in jail for good. Unlike most mafia games, you do not have kill as a night action. There is no cop, or tracker so you are not at risk of being discovered. There is a secret third role, but there mission is entirely seperate of your own. Each night, As long as one player is voted higher than another that player will be lynched no matter the margin, and no matter how many "Required" votes there are.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ezpz

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Also, IMGAY was the secret role.
The Writer. All your characters are in place, all that is left is for you to guide them to there goals. "Kashuno" is the target, the man who must be framed for the murder, and "MMM WHATCHYA SAY" is the murderer, Your goal, as the Writer, is to, at the start of each day. (Including this one) Tell me one player, other than one of those 2 that you will work towards having lynched. If at the end of either nights, your target is lynched. You win then and there. Your mission is secret, so mums the word in regards to the secret knowledge you have acquired with your role. Each night, As long as one player is voted higher than another that player will be lynched no matter the margin, and no matter how many "Required" votes there are.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've still got it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

gently caress off opop

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

although also good work on being correct.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I honestly wasn't going to vote MMM at all until those two posts bothered me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I've always felt that Hal is a very underrated player and thought he did a really good job in this game. Seriously he is one of the best.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I honestly wasn't going to vote MMM at all until those two posts bothered me.

Whatever works, I thought those two posts worked together, but the fact I was so concerned with that should have been a tip off as well

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I kinda wish things had been a lot more active, but I thought this was a really good game to flex actual mafia skills rather than solving the game through night actions

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Go back to Canada Canascum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I kinda wish things had been a lot more active, but I thought this was a really good game to flex actual mafia skills rather than solving the game through night actions

It was really hard not to skew the dice roller outcomes to make you scum, I am just glad you ended up target. Good job all around guys.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also I've always felt that Hal is a very underrated player and thought he did a really good job in this game. Seriously he is one of the best.

ditto buddy!

Thanks Jimson, that was interesting. It's tough to have much to go on with so few people and only two game days to figure out whats up and to keep conversation going on the first day but I would be up for something like this again.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

ditto buddy!

Thanks Jimson, that was interesting. It's tough to have much to go on with so few people and only two game days to figure out whats up and to keep conversation going on the first day but I would be up for something like this again.

Thanks! I am getting together roles for another one for later on, anyone whos interested drop me a pm and ill message you when thread is posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yeah idk this was just an extraordinarily frustrating game for me. Between imgay just loving around and not playing to his wincon and opop not posting anything but "mmm is scum" 2 times, it didn't feel like there was really anything I could do. Hal and Kash played well, but even then it wasn't very active and there's only so much that can happen with two players, one of which has already locked in on me.

• Locked thread