Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Isn't Simmons married?

Being married has stopped exactly 0 creepy people from being creepy people. This is the guy who told Lena Dunham that he's totally not chauvinistic anymore but totally would gently caress the Williams sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
He...he would...gently caress a GIRL :wth:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jota posted:

He...he would...gently caress a GIRL :wth:
Sounds like a creepy guy

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

the talent deficit posted:

She got her show as a direct result of Bill Simmons trying to hire her away from Fox to work on Grantland/

I think he sees Nolan as Bill Simmons 2.0. They're both from Boston and they both broke into the sports business through similar paths -- Bill was bartending and writing his Digital City blog and Katie was bartending while doing videos for that content farm. So it makes sense that Bill would try to be a mentor for her.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was just referring to the ... Tension ... In that particular cast.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Stop worrying about who Bill Simmons might have a crush on, probably

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cool Buff Man posted:

Larry Bird

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

We're just jealous we can't act on our crushes like he can

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I found this to be a pretty decent read on UFC. The stuff about Conor McGregor not so much but more why the hell are UFC pushing Saige Northcutt and Paige Vanzant.

http://deadspin.com/the-future-of-the-ufc-is-here-1746984570

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Akileese posted:

I found this to be a pretty decent read on UFC. The stuff about Conor McGregor not so much but more why the hell are UFC pushing Saige Northcutt and Paige Vanzant.

http://deadspin.com/the-future-of-the-ufc-is-here-1746984570
Sage Northcutt sounds like a guy someone made up in a UFC fanfic

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

His dad is a fundie christian bodybuilder and he sounds like a happy go lucky retarded puppy so yeah pretty much.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

I have a lot of silent time to fill in my days, I have no choice but to listen to the Simmons podcast! And anyone who did would probably agree, it seemed kind of awkward, but it was still a good podcast and I will watch whenever he goes on her show or her podcast or whatever they were talking about.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

What's a good alternative to ESPN for schedules/realtime scores?

The Score app is great if you're just looking for the basics.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That "I ain't got time to play Blue's Clues" is a pretty solid response.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

we are all Cleveland Plug

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Akileese posted:

His dad is a fundie christian bodybuilder and he sounds like a happy go lucky retarded puppy so yeah pretty much.

His dad also got busted for dealing cocaine and steroids which is pretty hilarious. I won't be shocked when his kid pisses hot.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Trast posted:

His dad also got busted for dealing cocaine and steroids which is pretty hilarious. I won't be shocked when his kid pisses hot.

Apparently he's been tested three times already by USADA. They've been catching people for things that fighters aren't normally getting hit for due to weird test times. I'm not convinced he's always been clean with a physique like that, but right now he probably is.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Crazy Ted posted:

He's an alive cartoon man and is clearly on every single steroid ever invented.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There is so much insufferable Boston Idiocy in the Simmons/Nolan convo that conversation but it's also charming in a way.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
E: wrong thread

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Katie Nolan deserves credit for being a Boston sports fan who isn't insufferable, and that's no small feat. Even Charlie Pierce couldn't go two paragraphs without whining about Deflategate in the last days of Grantland.

And this is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmRy-UfKysI

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

gtkor posted:

That "I ain't got time to play Blue's Clues" is a pretty solid response.

I have no sense of humor and even I thought that was hilarious

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tinstaach posted:

Katie Nolan deserves credit for being a Boston sports fan who isn't insufferable, and that's no small feat. Even Charlie Pierce couldn't go two paragraphs without whining about Deflategate in the last days of Grantland.

And this is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmRy-UfKysI
am i missing some backstory? i feel like a make a wish kid would turn and run if they got rob ryan and katie nolan is acting like he's jesus

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

straight up brolic posted:

am i missing some backstory? i feel like a make a wish kid would turn and run if they got rob ryan and katie nolan is acting like he's jesus
That would be a pretty accurate description of Katie Nolan's feelings towards Rob Ryan.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Serena Williams was named Sportsperson of the Year by SI and racists and horse crazies are melting down, it's glorious

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I would have liked to have seen a horse win sportsperson of the year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mind_Taker posted:

I would have liked to have seen a horse win sportsperson of the year.

They put it in their dumb online poll and it won so now they have disrespected democracy or something.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Horse people are so weird

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I like the sultry pantsless pose for Serena's cover photo. Another victory for feminism!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Eric the Mauve posted:

I like the sultry pantsless pose for Serena's cover photo. Another victory for feminism!

quote:

She was a difference-maker in other areas, speaking out against bodyshamers in both words and actions, posing for the Annie Leibovitz–shot Pirelli calendar in only a bikini bottom. The cover shot of this issue? Her idea, intended, like the Pirelli shots, to express her own ideal of femininity, strength, power.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

ElwoodCuse posted:

Serena Williams was named Sportsperson of the Year by SI and racists and horse crazies are melting down, it's glorious

I'm racist against horses so this is the best possible outcome for me.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

American Pharaoh did steroids

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The steroid horses are sending a bad message to the other horses.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

How did I know this would be a complaint

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

How did I know this would be a complaint

Who's complaining? I am certainly not complaining!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

She was a difference-maker in other areas, speaking out against bodyshamers in both words and actions, posing for the Annie Leibovitz–shot Pirelli calendar in only a bikini bottom. The cover shot of this issue? Her idea, intended, like the Pirelli shots, to express her own ideal of femininity, strength, power.

This is 100% cool if that's what she believes in. 'Bodyshamers' is a thing? I guess that's what I was being a few posts ago? Maybe the world needs more male athletes wearing less clothing :shrug:

e: Gonna shut up now because I'm probably already getting probated for bringing it up and it was dumb and I deserve it.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 14, 2015

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Didn't noted feminist Serena Williams say A Dumb Thing about a rape victim asking for it, or was that Venus?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ElwoodCuse posted:

quote:

Also, doping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Shes on less steroids than the horse so I'll let it slide this time.