Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
that was someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
whoever it was, they've really done their research...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
If it wasn't Andrew it was at least 100% a British person because nobody could have the mental acuity to both fake that accent and have that detailed level of knowledge from British culture and cuisine, let alone the jokes.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Big ups to greggy, as always. I'm such a comedy nerd, I love talking about bits

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

ManoliIsFat posted:

Big ups to greggy, as always. I'm such a comedy nerd, I love talking about bits

THANKS

fake andrew was another one of the earwolf forum people, JMonsterFace if that means anything to you.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Greggy posted:

THANKS

fake andrew was another one of the earwolf forum people, JMonsterFace if that means anything to you.

was the episode streamed somewhere? how did they hear the first andrew?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Drunkboxer posted:

was the episode streamed somewhere? how did they hear the first andrew?

You could listen to the show over the phone when you called in.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Greggy posted:

THANKS

I went to college with a dude who was on that ep with all the forums weirdos in the room, he's up there as one of the most famous people i know

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I know I can just not download them, but the whole thing with HDTGM pushing out "bonus episodes" that are just some other show that Scheer wants to promote is pretty lovely, right? If I want to listen to reviews of Real Housewives crap, I know where to look.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, when it happened once I thought fine, fair enough to you, you're just trying to get the word out. But the second time it popped up it felt a little scummy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Today's special ep of I4H is great. "Wow, she's really loving herself w/ that hairbrush... should we leave?"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah it started a little awkward, but I love everyone's real bitterness showing through.

Gabrus: I'm always looking for opportunities to perform more, for the art of it all.

Besser: Do you think that will ever change?

Gabrus: I think I'll always love performing for free. I don't think I'll ever get jaded about what my time is actually worth.

And then launching into how Earwolf would definitely give him a podcast if he pitched one :lol:

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
I was curious about what the people on the earwolf forums thought about howl so I browsed around. I just wanted to bring you a thing I found there.

Shannon posted:

And the ad-free archives will be ready and behind the paywall by the end of the week.

Posted October 12th. Apparently people still have ads with howl premium and the app.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

And then launching into how Earwolf would definitely give him a podcast if he pitched one :lol:

If he actually did pitch his podcast to earwolf and they turned him down that's kind of surprising to me

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

If he actually did pitch his podcast to earwolf and they turned him down that's kind of surprising to me

To be fair, "I'm just gonna talk about myself and stuff that interests me" must be the weakest-sounding pitch and whoever runs Earwolf's programming probably hears it from a ton of people.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Okonner posted:

To be fair, "I'm just gonna talk about myself and stuff that interests me" must be the weakest-sounding pitch and whoever runs Earwolf's programming probably hears it from a ton of people.

Yeah. And today's D&D chat was pretty much a snoozer.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, his podcast doesn't have a hook. Well, beyond "If you like Gabrus you'll like this podcast."

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You just need to spin it. For example, I'd pitch a do nothing chat show like, "I'm rebooting totally lame but I don't have a husband and we're going to record it in a studio instead of my living room and I'm an interesting person."

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Imagine if instead of a bunch of short episodes yo! Is this racist? Was one long episode and instead of just talking out of our asses about race me and my guest will speak at length with no particular insight on many different topics. The theme song will continue to play roughly every ten minutes.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Imagine if instead of a bunch of short episodes yo! Is this racist? Was one long episode and instead of just talking out of our asses about race me and my guest will speak at length with no particular insight on many different topics. The theme song will continue to play roughly every ten minutes.

If the topics all somehow became about Back to the Future every goddamn time you just wrote yourself a Cracked Podcast pitch right here.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The D&D episode was underwhelming, if only because it could have been on the level of the other ones with Gabrus and 2+ other dudes enthusing about the specific thing. The non-Charlie Sanders non-Gabrus guest who doesn't even play RPGs was dead weight.

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 10, 2015

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I think Howl is dead. For now anyways.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

You just need to spin it. For example, I'd pitch a do nothing chat show like, "I'm rebooting totally lame but I don't have a husband and we're going to record it in a studio instead of my living room and I'm an interesting person."

You know Totally Laime relaunched itself as Totally Married. They pulled a lazarus to get out from under Earwolf, I guess.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Those guys have like 8 podcasts for some reason but they're all focused on a topic as opposed to totally laime which was, as far as i can tell, a way to trick their friends into coming over to their house.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i4h was great. it and the trilogy eps have demonstrated to me that besser should do episode long stories more often.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

soggybagel posted:

I think Howl is dead. For now anyways.

Tom Scharpling reads ads for it before The Best Show. I don't think any actual Earwolf podcasts still do this.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Who subscribes to NNF Player's Club? It's Kid Cudi's last day on the CBB TV show and I just read that he kicked Jamie Denbo of Ronna and Beverly off the set because he was offended by something she said while filming the A$AP Rocky episode.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Haha. Maybe it was bit where Beverly says the name "friend of the family" could be a cute name for a pet, and then says "heeere friend of the family-friend of the family-friend of the family-friend of the family" a few times.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Who subscribes to NNF Player's Club? It's Kid Cudi's last day on the CBB TV show and I just read that he kicked Jamie Denbo of Ronna and Beverly off the set because he was offended by something she said while filming the A$AP Rocky episode.

Yeah she talked about that in an episode from September or October

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Cudi is done with CBB?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Yeah, she says she overstepped the bounds while in character. He started playing with his phone, icing her, then eventually he walked off stage. Scott went after him, while a producer (maybe Neil Campbell) spoke to her about it and basically said he can be sensitive about some things, an that she should probably just go.

She seemed kinda upset talking about it.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Alsi A$AP was apparently enjoying her bit and playing along, if that makes any difference.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What did she say, or hasn't that actually been revealed.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

She was being racist in character is as specific as she got, then at some point she felt the atmosphere change and Scott try to steer the scene away.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Maybe he was offended because ronna and beverly are boring one-note characters who aren't actually funny

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
scotts provocative improv style went too far

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Is that why he's leaving, or are the two things unrelated?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Story is about an hour and a half into her Players Club episode by the way

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Beeez posted:

Is that why he's leaving, or are the two things unrelated?

Story on that's not come out yet. It sounds like it's hard not to better IFC money, so maybe something else came along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has the show actually been good? I only watched the first season + a little of the second and it was ok but it seems like it would be basically impossible to write a 40 episode season in that amount of time without a huge drop in quality/consistency (and I read season 5 will have another 20)