Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
lmao "Star Citizen" looks awful and goofy, thanks glaive rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

CashEnsign posted:

So one of my Corp mates suggested I do this and I'm mentally preparing myself for the shitstorm of comments to follow, but long story short my soon yo be ex wife is extremely needy and unable to occupy her time without a man in her physical presence. At first this was awesome, but as Eve became more intriguing to me she became upset. I've tried to explain to her that I use eve to help with my ptsd from the war... As opposed to running outside doing some stupid poo poo and getting arrested.... So here I am now letting it all out on the line. I've spoken to close friends and Corp mates and most have had a similar sentiment... gently caress her she's no good regardless of what she looks like. So Ask Me Anything. oh and since people have asked this is what she looks like http://imgur.com/SLHVMZx

E/N is that way. Also if that picture was meant just for you (and it sure looks like it), you are an rear end in a top hat for posting it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3w5z22/thank_you_austincig/

I never really believed they would release such a public statement... at least Doctor Smart's credibility is restored

What are yo going on about? This is not the new Austin location they're talking about, is it?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CashEnsign posted:

So one of my Corp mates suggested I do this and I'm mentally preparing myself for the shitstorm of comments to follow, but long story short my soon yo be ex wife is extremely needy and unable to occupy her time without a man in her physical presence. At first this was awesome, but as Eve became more intriguing to me she became upset. I've tried to explain to her that I use eve to help with my ptsd from the war... As opposed to running outside doing some stupid poo poo and getting arrested.... So here I am now letting it all out on the line. I've spoken to close friends and Corp mates and most have had a similar sentiment... gently caress her she's no good regardless of what she looks like. So Ask Me Anything. oh and since people have asked this is what she looks like http://imgur.com/SLHVMZx

What is this, friend?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

CashEnsign posted:

Source your quotes

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

Ahahahahahahah....oh man, so even that counter has wound up being a hype machine for the press and is totally unreliable, considering how many of said spergs have more than one ship? Is there any indicator of how many 'backer' accounts are registered on the CIG site at the moment, since that seems to be a much more reliable (though still not perfect) way of measuring how many actual people have bought into this scam by this point? It still wouldn't be entirely accurate, since some buy two or more backer accounts for forums poo poo and since I'm willing to bet they don't remove the refunded and deactivated accounts from the count either, and still count them as their faithful pledgers for the overblown statistics...but still.

EDIT: Ah okay, but then there's another counter called "Star Citizens" which is over a million lol. And I bet that one still counts everyone that got a refund still anyway.

It does. Also counts anyone who ever had an account by way of free plays and such - without ever buying anything.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

flyboi posted:

To be fair Elite does hold the guiness world record for longest game development time

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-protracted-game-development

To be fair, Elite: Dangerous is the fourth game in the series and launched its Kickstarter on November 5th, 2012. Not fourteen years ago.

Favonius
Nov 28, 2014

FrankieGoes posted:

What is this, friend?

jaegerx posted:

Source your quotes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3w9dg8/ama_im_getting_a_divorce_because_i_play_to_much/

Something about getting divorced because EVE Online.

Not sure what it has to do with Star Citizen :shrug:

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Dirty Hairy posted:

To be fair, Elite: Dangerous is the fourth game in the series and launched its Kickstarter on November 5th, 2012. Not fourteen years ago.

Elite: Dangerous had been in development for 14 years the same way Mad Max: Fury Road was in development for 30 years. Measuring development from the date of release of the last game in the franchise is loving weird.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

CashEnsign posted:

you are going to ditch someone who stuck with you through a deployment and only wants to spend time with you, simply so you can play eve?

you seem like a perfect fit for the verse, jump on it while the jpeg is still available

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dirty Hairy posted:

I wasn't quantifying the game vs crowd sourcing more just pointing out the game has been around the block for a long time because people were laughing at the chart. It's a great game and crowd sourced right but it still is amazing that it holds that record. I only came across it from clicking through Guinness' lovely website one night. There's even a record for the most injuries while playing a video game

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

walruscat posted:

Elite: Dangerous had been in development for 14 years the same way Mad Max: Fury Road was in development for 30 years. Measuring development from the date of release of the last game in the franchise is loving weird.

Ah, well in that case, Star Citizen has been in development since 1990 since that's when Wing Commander came out. That's 25 years. When do we get our game?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Hey it's an admission by elite themselves don't hate god drat

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

What's coming is glorious. That is all.
A hastily assembled, bug-ridden Squadron 42: Episode 1 which will be 20% uninspired spaceplane shooter and 80% embarrassingly bad cutscenes?

A 38 Studios-esque "whoops the money's all gone" fiasco, complete with a firesale of slightly used Restoration Hardware furniture??

A bailout from a big publisher, followed by a rip in the space-time continuum caused by the collective cognitive dissonance of thousands of cultists trying to spin it as a good thing???

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

you are going to ditch someone who stuck with you through a deployment and only wants to spend time with you, simply so you can play eve?

you seem like a perfect fit for the verse, jump on it while the jpeg is still available

Sometimes you need to feel like you're a part of something bigger after leaving the service, and you can't necessarily get that from a significant other.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

flyboi posted:

Hey it's an admission by elite themselves don't hate god drat

Sorry, dude. I didn't mean anything by it. I'm just salty tonight.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

D_Smart posted:

What's coming is glorious. That is all.

Funeral Squanchin
Dec 10, 2015

by zen death robot
Greetings fellow citizens, I found what appears to be a pretty blatant Star Citiazen reference in Fallout 4:

Bethesda is making fun of cloud imperium games, brutal cause they actually ship finished products.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Don't be an idiot. Asking if Derek Smart or The Escapist is the reason for a refund is legally actionable how?

I can't tell that

a) you have no idea how any of this works

b) you have no idea about how legal action works

Then again, if Ortwin asked them to ask those questions, it all makes perfect sense since he's a buffoon.

Let me help you:

In order for them to have a claim, they have to prove damages

In order for them to prove damages, they have to show financials

In order to prove damages, you don't pick a number out of a hat. ergo if 10 people say yeah, it was The Escapist, your "damages" is restricted to the total amount of the refund for those 10

Then you have the unenviable task of proving that how The Escapist or Derek Smart somehow influenced the thinking of an individual who, after exercising free will, asked for his money back

Bonus Tip: The courts are littered with case law throwing out poo poo like the above and it's specifically the sort of crap that anti-SLAAP laws were made for

By your asinine reasoning, every restaurant on Yelp would be suing people posting bad reviews which cause other people to not visit. Oh wait! That's right, some have actually tried that. Cases tossed. Damages awarded.

In short, it all boils down to this: A magazine wrote something. It made some people who gave us money for a game we haven't delivered, ask for refunds. So we refunded and lost money. It's the magazine (or Derek Smart) fault.

The judge would have a field day. As would the press.

ps: considering how much money they have made between July to Nov, it would be amazing to read how their "ability to operate" has been damaged

pps: take this poo poo to Reddit. No clowns here

I just read all that while picturing Morgan Freeman reading it to me, and it was sexa'y as all hell.. :allears:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Derek has been increasingly quiet, but when he does speak he's far more doomy and prophetic-sounding. So either he's got nothing or he's got a lot.

I'm putting my money on a lot.

Edit: Especially since he dropped a dollar amount the other day. Oh poo poo son he's dropping numbers.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 11, 2015

Funeral Squanchin
Dec 10, 2015

by zen death robot

D_Smart posted:

What's coming is glorious.
Sup. Bitcoin 420 holla wut wutttt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiLn2yrM1GM

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Omi-Polari posted:

Derek has been increasingly quiet, but when he does speak he's far more doomy and prophetic-sounding. So either he's got nothing or he's got a lot.

I'm putting my money on a lot.

i bet he's got multiple Ace's hidden up those awesome sleeve's. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if/when it went to court i bet Derek would be sporting the biggest erection once the case got under way. :huh:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress is the point of the retractable blade arms if not to be a glaive rear end in a top hat?

Looks like a space forklift going to work

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol that video cracks me up.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6039816/#Comment_6039816

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Dirty Hairy posted:

In those 14 years, Braben and co also release all sorts of other stuff too, and made an amazing versatile games engine that doesn't poo poo itself the moment you ask it to do anything.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Check out @discolando's Tweet: https://twitter.com/discolando/status/675093461629067265?s=09

quote:

CIG is up for MMO Studio of the Year! Let's Rock the Vote! Do people still say, "Rock the Vote" cause I'm old... https://t.co/GNASmE7VFL

Turns out Star Citizen is a MMO after all.

Wait...

quote:

All of our writers were invited to cast a vote, but not all of them chose to do so for this category. Don’t forget to cast your own vote in the just-for-fun reader poll at the very end.

The Massively OP staff pick for Best MMO Studio of of 2015 is…

Square-Enix

Oh. Welp.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 11, 2015

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

rumorx is my favorite poster in that thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Check out @discolando's Tweet: https://twitter.com/discolando/status/675093461629067265?s=09

Turns out Star Citizen is a MMO after all.

lol @ SC as an MMO

I saw some random SC backer evangelizing about it on an RPS article about E:D Horizon's release so I was wondering where that talking point came from.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

In order for them to have a claim, they have to prove damages

In order for them to prove damages, they have to show financials

In order to prove damages, you don't pick a number out of a hat. ergo if 10 people say yeah, it was The Escapist, your "damages" is restricted to the total amount of the refund for those 10

Then you have the unenviable task of proving that how The Escapist or Derek Smart somehow influenced the thinking of an individual who, after exercising free will, asked for his money back

In short, it all boils down to this: A magazine wrote something. It made some people who gave us money for a game we haven't delivered, ask for refunds. So we refunded and lost money. It's the magazine (or Derek Smart) fault.

The judge would have a field day. As would the press.

ps: considering how much money they have made between July to Nov, it would be amazing to read how their "ability to operate" has been damaged

pps: take this poo poo to Reddit. No clowns here
Plus, there are dozens if not hundreds of people on the record on Reddit claiming they were making additional ship purchases just to spite Derek Smart / The Escapist. It's entirely possible that more people were motivated to double down on dumb by spending more than actually sought refunds.

They rattled their sabers to rally the faithful, not to scare their enemies-- and it worked. No further action is necessary.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

It's time for :science:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4558518/#Comment_4558518

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

T.G. Xarbala posted:

lol @ SC as an MMO

I saw some random SC backer evangelizing about it on an RPS article about E:D Horizon's release so I was wondering where that talking point came from.

No it's wonderful, because backers have been bitching about how SC is not a MMO for years. And now it's official that it is.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Making it Rain posted:

i bet he's got multiple Ace's hidden up those awesome sleeve's. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if/when it went to court i bet Derek would be sporting the biggest erection once the case got under way. :huh:

how many aces do you think he has?? is 5 an unrealistic guess

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

What the hell am I reading?

Edit: And then I read the thread. God drat.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 11, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lutha Mahtin posted:

how many aces do you think he has?? is 5 an unrealistic guess

My guess is three.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sillybones posted:

Science? :downs:

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Sillybones posted:

You are reading that if you jump in a free falling elevator right before it smashes into the ground youll just land like marry poppins.

:downsbravo:

On a serious note...what the gently caress.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ffycchi posted:

You are reading that if you jump in a free falling elevator right before it smashes into the ground youll just land like marry poppins.

:downsbravo:

On a serious note...what the gently caress.

Incorrect. By the bullet example it is impossible to jump in an elevator going down. However if you jump and the elevator is traveling up you will rocket through the roof. I vote for these physics to be implemented.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sillybones posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Favonius posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3w9dg8/ama_im_getting_a_divorce_because_i_play_to_much/

Something about getting divorced because EVE Online.

Not sure what it has to do with Star Citizen :shrug:

something something strikethrough Eve Online something Star Citizen

• Locked thread