Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

rejutka posted:

Thoughts?

Go gently caress yourself. That's my thought.

e: I'm debating more Clegane PI, but I don't know if this modern, progressive Bad Thread would appreciate such a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

e: I'm debating more Clegane PI, but I don't know if this modern, progressive Bad Thread would appreciate such a thing.

Clegane PI is forever and always. Also, whut's J&M, the M part being I go whut to?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Kajeesus posted:

She was naked and had clearly been asleep for longer than the time a typical adult spends on the John.

It's kind of suprising that it never comes up, outside of one Cersei chapter mentioning that she had some guards dump the body. Not even Tyrion gives it a thought after learning that Tysha is wherever whores go.

She could have gone to sleep literally anywhere, varys holds a wet rag of sweet sleep to her mouth as he carries her into tywin's bed, then goes and springs Tyrion. Literally all she did was wake up, say welcome back my lord (out of habit+drugged stupor?), double take, and get choked to death by a chain she might not have even known she was wearing. And yeah tywin's guts were all hosed up from the poison so he'd be on the toilet until question marks.

I mean Tywin being a hypocrite is satisfying so yeah it was probably his whorin' water slide tube that shoots out into chatayas. I'm just wondering what, besides the possibly planted habias corpus, proves he hosed Shae.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Clegane PI should be next season's True Detective.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Clegane PI is always a good idea

And like the poster above said, True Detective could be a good angle, or Fargo

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Clegane PI is always a good idea

And like the poster above said, True Detective could be a good angle, or Fargo

“My wood chipper,” he shouted to his squire, and the boy ran it out to him. By then his stallion was back on its feet as well. Gregor Clegane killed the horse with a single throw of such ferocity into the machine. Cheers turned to shrieks in a heartbeat. The stallion went in by its knees, screaming as it died.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

jsoh posted:

well tywin wasnt on the john for a typical adult timeframe, because he was poisoned in a manner that prevented him from making GBS threads.

I reckon Qyburn capable of performing some sort of turd caesarean if it came to it.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

So where the gently caress is the Meera Reed is a Secret Targaryen bullshit coming from?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Everybody is a Secret Targaryen.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Lycus posted:

Everybody is a Secret Targaryen.

The only secret Targaryen is Sir Pounce. Aerys hosed every cat in that castle.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I don't care enough to rewatch/reread it, but I remember Tyrion saying something and Tywin being all like what? Oh yeah, the whore. Maybe Tywin said we can go back to the room and talk about this, and Tyrion said no, I just killed Shea in there, and Tywin was like oh yeah, I had a whore in my bed. He didn't seem surprised by it at all.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

lol

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Krinkle posted:

She could have gone to sleep literally anywhere, varys holds a wet rag of sweet sleep to her mouth as he carries her into tywin's bed, then goes and springs Tyrion. Literally all she did was wake up, say welcome back my lord (out of habit+drugged stupor?), double take, and get choked to death by a chain she might not have even known she was wearing. And yeah tywin's guts were all hosed up from the poison so he'd be on the toilet until question marks.

I mean Tywin being a hypocrite is satisfying so yeah it was probably his whorin' water slide tube that shoots out into chatayas. I'm just wondering what, besides the possibly planted habias corpus, proves he hosed Shae.

The contrived Shakespearean switcheroo is much more plausible.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pretty sure we'll find out about R+L=J&M. Hopefully get to see the Tower of Joy at the same time.

we've already seen the Tower of Joy, the cameraman is poo poo though

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Malpais Legate posted:

So where the gently caress is the Meera Reed is a Secret Targaryen bullshit coming from?

In the TV show her and Jon have the exact same hair.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm just getting my hopes up that it's true since gurm wouldn't be able to let the John Snow reveal be the only thing anymore. Because he is a hack writer pedophile con enthusiast.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hey show watchers! Jon is actually the son of that guy we mentionned twice five years ago and the sister of that other guy who died five years ago. It is important because

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tie it into Kelly C and show watchers will care.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Malpais Legate posted:

Boredom and idiots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Boredom and idiots.

I'm definitely the latter.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
can someone explain Cersei's trial to me?

If she's been released, why would she return for the trial. It doesnt seem like Westeros has a bail system.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TommyGun85 posted:

If she's been released, why would she return for the trial. It doesnt seem like Westeros has a bail system.

She admitted to banging some dudes, but not Jaime. Her punishment for the dudes was the walk. They had an agreement that she would have a trial for the incest.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
She'll stand trial for incest, adultery and regicide. All three are capital offenses in her case.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thus leading to trial by combat and the Clegane Bowl. And Sandor is gonna die and I'm gonna be pissed.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TommyGun85 posted:

To actually answer your question, it's because she (in an attempt to play clever politics) allowed the church to arm and now it's massively backfired on her because no-showing just guarantees an army of weaponized religious fanatics carrying her off and doing whatever to her without a trial at all.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

To actually answer your question, it's because she (in an attempt to play clever politics) allowed the church to arm and now it's massively backfired on her because no-showing just guarantees an army of weaponized religious fanatics carrying her off and doing whatever to her without a trial at all.

ya but once shes been released and back in tbe custody of the castle, why would she bother to show up for the trial or go ahead with the combat?

Tommen could at that point tell the fanatics to just gently caress off, no?

its one thimg if shes held hostage by them, but I just dont see the reasoning for it after shes been released.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TommyGun85 posted:

ya but once shes been released and back in tbe custody of the castle, why would she bother to show up for the trial or go ahead with the combat?

its one thimg if shes held hostage by them, but I just dont see the reasoning for it after shes been released.

The Lannisters' hold on king's landing is pretty tenuous at this point, their coffers are empty, and their armies are severely depleted by the number of battles they've had to engage in. It's not guaranteed that they could actually defend the red keep from an attack by the church, and there's nothing to stop the church from using her refusal to appear as proof that the king is illegitimate and rousing even more people to their cause.

I mean, she could very well just refuse to show up, but the one consistent character trait she has is wanting to protect her children to a pathological degree, so if she sees showing up to the trial as the only way to keep Tommen alive and on the throne, she may do it. She could even think she still has some kind of clever plan in her back pocket that will somehow let her "win" the trial. She's not exactly a good decision maker.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Tommen's grip on the Realm is tenuous at best; he's not going to be able to pardon someone who's a) his mother, b) (allegedly) (falsely?) accused his wife Margaery of the very crimes she is now accused, and c) is in direct defiance of the Seven without a massive riot that the Lannisters cannot reasonably expect to fight off.

e:f,b

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

AtAt-de-fay posted:

He wanted a good girl, but needed the bad pussy.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man that line is just so hilariously awful.

Yeah, it's great. It should be the tagline for like the next season that HBO puts on all their promotional posters and other garbage

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is he dead yet?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
He's dead to me.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TommyGun85 posted:

Telling an army of fanatics armed and inside your walls to gently caress off when they have the people's support is a great way to get yourself killed. Cersei's a dumbass who basically handed King's Landing to the Westeros Tea Party because she is the idiot her father thought her to be. At this point I could see her trying to resist and Tommen just up and orders her to be taken from the Red Keep and forced to stand trial.

Cersei has no reason to no-show though because she has a Frankenstein's Monster as her champion and zero reason to believe it'll lose. Though what'll probably happen is Robert's helmet will get knocked off, showing a headless abomination underneath, and the High Sparrow will go ballistic and send his army to arrest/kill anyone they think was party to that act, including Tommen.

Sandor will be the one to knock the helmet from Robert's head, winning the Cleganebowl. :black101:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Pretty sure robert strong's armor is welded shut. You might stove it in or something but as long as there's a crumpled tin can up there you could shadow of a doubt claim a human head is inside he'll get away with it.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Or they sent a fake skull. Gregor never actually died and will kill Sandor in the CB, saving Cersei but pissing off the Dornish. I can't even remember what the gently caress Jaime's up to in the books, but he's got to get back to KL in the show for Cersei's death.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mossyfisk posted:

Or they sent a fake skull. Gregor never actually died and will kill Sandor in the CB, saving Cersei but pissing off the Dornish. I can't even remember what the gently caress Jaime's up to in the books, but he's got to get back to KL in the show for Cersei's death.

Sandor is almost for sure gonna die but there ain't no faking a Gregor skull. Everything about that dude is proportional

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

syscall girl posted:

Sandor is almost for sure gonna die but there ain't no faking a Gregor skull. Everything about that dude is proportional

im pretty sure he wont. It seems that his story is over, having finally attained peace. I for one would not be excited for Cleganebowl.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TommyGun85 posted:

im pretty sure he wont. It seems that his story is over, having finally attained peace. I for one would not be excited for Cleganebowl.

I bet Garm has one episode per season in his contract even if he doesn't write a book.

Beloved Sandor is gonna get rekt

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

I'm pretty sure sandor and sansa live happily ever after. :dreamy:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

TommyGun85 posted:

I assumed she was kept in there deliberately by kevin, to keep her on ice while he sorted the kingdom out. I doubt the faith militant or w/e could have done poo poo against the lannister army / gold cloaks, not to mention highgarden which is marching with an army, right?. I don't buy how massive a threat the faith is - I'm not saying they aren't a massive pain in the rear end, but ... yeah..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

kcroy posted:

I assumed she was kept in there deliberately by kevin, to keep her on ice while he sorted the kingdom out. I doubt the faith militant or w/e could have done poo poo against the lannister army / gold cloaks, not to mention highgarden which is marching with an army, right?. I don't buy how massive a threat the faith is - I'm not saying they aren't a massive pain in the rear end, but ... yeah..

It's a little more involved politically than that; Tommen has no beef with the faith, at least from a PR perspective he's been playing along nicely from the start, this also applies to Marge and the Tyrrells who've subjected themselves to the faith, the Tyrrells would do everything in their power to prevent conflict between the crown and the faith and they probably have just as much influence over the gold cloaks as Cersei does at this point, probably a lot more.

On top of that, open conflict inside the city is not gonna be too great for anyone involved, Cersei could probably hole up inside the Red Keep (even though it has plenty of residents who are Tyrrell loyalists and might not cooperate) but the city itself is swarming with sparrows and members of the Faith Militant, it's not a proper siege situation like it was when Stannis showed up, if the Lannister loyalists choose to hole up in the red keep they are effectively ceding the city to the faith.

Cersei just not showing up for the trial (particularly when she has what she believes to be an invincible champion) would be a very bad move.