Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This week's chapter of Hero Academia comes with FANSERVICE (TM).

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/570610

Awwwww hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Brilliant

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha was going to post that after seeing the chapter as well.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mineta's really clever when it comes to things he cares about.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I like the fact that Fumikage appears to just have a normal human body to go along with his bird head.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
kinda lame we skip right over the forest. It wouldn't kill Horikoshi to slow down a bit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

kinda lame we skip right over the forest. It wouldn't kill Horikoshi to slow down a bit.

If the plot pace drops below 50 the bomb on his desk will explode.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Gotta give the anime staff some space to fill!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I'll take brisk pace and missing some potentially cool things over slower pace any day. Plus it gives the anime potentially areas for filler.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I hope I remember this conversation when this chapter is expanded to be 4 episodes long.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Genocyber posted:

I'll take brisk pace and missing some potentially cool things over slower pace any day. Plus it gives the anime potentially areas for filler.

"It gives the anime potential areas for filler" has never actually led to relevant filler.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Oh Snapple! posted:

"It gives the anime potential areas for filler" has never actually led to relevant filler.

Why have relevant filler when you can just use a bunch of reaction shots and random flashbacks!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You don't do big stingers for the start of a thing, then completely skip the thing to the characters being like, "whew, that was kinda rough!" afterwards.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Awwwww hell yeah.

It took me a moment to figure out what was going on in that image. I hope we never run out of ways for that character to stay amusing.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

You don't do big stingers for the start of a thing, then completely skip the thing to the characters being like, "whew, that was kinda rough!" afterwards.

I think the shot of the origin 4 annihilating the monster made it pretty clear that it was just a warm-up.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I love that Deku's heroics and power usage are really becoming second nature to him. No hesitation, just someone in danger and go.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's great that for the most part, every character in this series is pretty ripped. Not just the guys, but the girls as well. It really shows that these are people working hard to become heroes and aren't just normal people with powers.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Awwwww hell yeah.

...Oh...OH I GET IT!

God, I feel like an idiot.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Mangastream is up.

i don't know if it has been shown before, but You can see on one page that Iida has actual exhausts coming out of his legs.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thought for sure that baseball was gonna be some hyperdense, superheavy material or something.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I like that they're focusing on further developing the quirks themselves. Excited to see how things progress.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Slightly less terrible translation from MS. Still hope FA keeps doing it because I hate that poo poo where scanlation archives are made up of like a dozen different groups doing it over a period of time.

Also MS has a tendency to drop series for periods of time and they watermark extensively.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, while they still don't quite have the voices down and are a bit overly-literal in places, this reads much better than last week's, even after they reworked it a few times. If they can make some more progress this could actually be better than FA's translation, since the latter's typos and grammar errors can be pretty egregious at times.

The watermarking is ridiculous, though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Roland Jones posted:

The watermarking is ridiculous, though.

Their eternal rivals, Manga Panda, must not be allowed to surpass them in any metric.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wow those kids really exerted themselves in those first few pages. Look at grapes' head!

Also dude Kouta that's just not cool.
Ochako you shouldn't be amazed they have meat and veggies. :smith:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 13, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wow fanservice.
Mineta's butt.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Wow fanservice.
Dickpunching

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kouta's design really makes me think of Laharl from Disgaea.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I like that Tokoyami is apparently a morning person, given the panel where everyone else is super groggy but he's awake and alert.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

I like that Tokoyami is apparently a morning person, given the panel where everyone else is super groggy but he's awake and alert.

One might even say that he's an early bird

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ashido apparently has no shame.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I guess Ashido is the designated fanservice girl, not Creatie.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a bit disappointed at the phrase "designated fanservice girl" being thrown about. Sure that's a thing that happens all over plenty of series, but until shown otherwise I'd prefer to give the benefit of the doubt and go with "characters written as individual people may have different personalities and opinions about things including modesty."

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

chumbler posted:

I'm a bit disappointed at the phrase "designated fanservice girl" being thrown about. Sure that's a thing that happens all over plenty of series, but until shown otherwise I'd prefer to give the benefit of the doubt and go with "characters written as individual people may have different personalities and opinions about things including modesty."

No, obviously Hagakure is the most shameless of them all, and therefore the official fanservice girl.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've never seen a more transparent ploy for more readers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I've never seen a more transparent ploy for more readers.

The series would be invisible without her.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't see how MHA would be as popular as it is without Hagakure.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

JD posted:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it here, but elsewhere online some people seem to convinced that Tsukauchi is secretly evil. The only thing it seems based on is his vacant look..

My friend thinks this is true because he and black mist have vaguely similar builds and his tie and coat looks kind of like black mist's outfit. His quirk is also an easy one to fake.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Because no one actually bothered to link it...
http://readms.com/r/my_hero_academia/071/3116/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I've gotten pretty used to outlandish designs and so it took me a couple reads to realize that Kouta's horns were just part of his hat.