Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

I did my goon duty. :salute:

Looks like that has already been posted to Reddit by the amount of "I love r/StarCitizen" responses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ZenMaster posted:

looks like the cultists flooded the website

Lol at CD projekt not being in there

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CashEnsign posted:

I did my goon duty. :salute:

Looks like that has already been posted to Reddit by the amount of "I love r/StarCitizen" responses.

I lost money, that hurt because I was going to buy more ships, but what really hurt was losing a lovely dumb pretend important card

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

1000 credits can be purchased at a real $1 a piece.

A bloody mary in a video game, costs $5

no, the game economy is going to be fine

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Done and done. And I actually tried to be completely honest about it too, even with some of those poorly worded questions.

And yes, the drama remains entertaining.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
You still doing this Star Citizen thing, dudes? Wow.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
It's time for :science:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5284294/#Comment_5284294

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5284449/#Comment_5284449

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5284675/#Comment_5284675

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Loiosh posted:

No clue. I was guessing showing off Mining, but the big bet seems to be on seamless transitions from space to planet. That appears to be indicated by what was said on ATV in regards to Nyx. The Persistent Universe lead mentioned that before showing Nyx in the PU they had something to reveal. As Nyx is a planetary station, that's what everyone seems to be guessing.

-shrug-

See, I was thinking it might be some kind of cargo mechanic. I know they said Nyx is almost done but they had some more work to do on landings before they wanted to show it off. I also know the Freelancer is supposed to be the next flyable ship and the Herald is getting ready to get dumped into the hangar. They'd sell a shitpot more new Space-F150s if there were a couple token cargo missions to be done around Crusader.

Who knows though. I wonder how the lawsuit is coming...

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

I am a hardcore rp whale now, good poll

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

It's Reverse the Verse time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

G0RF posted:

If I was a buffet I would be loving terrified.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Eonwe posted:

I lost money, that hurt because I was going to buy more ships, but what really hurt was losing a lovely dumb pretend important card

Now I have to save money for space pixel bloody marys

I can't wait for the first in-game Star Citizen fanfest. Literally the height of anti-social culture.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

If I was a buffet I would be loving terrified.
:vince:

Lando experiences a brief bout of lucidity...

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

I think this was lost in the physics discussion yesterday but Isn't this where CIG gets their furniture from?

The New Yorker: Restoration Hardware’s Mail-Order Extravagance:

quote:

Restraint, it seems, is not Restoration Hardware’s style.

How appropo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Who knows though. I wonder how the lawsuit is coming...

:woof: is optimizing everything so the suit is filled two weeks before Sq42 goes live.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Chalks posted:

Done - although the phrasing of some of those questions is fedora tipping terrible.

Yeah it's a bit cringey but at least it's trying to represent all sides. Without a doubt it will be dominated by the "Gouge us more" faction but hey, we can weigh in.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mirificus posted:

It's time for :science:

Stop. Please. Stop. :eng99:
Could someone please slap that person with the basic definitions of force, acceleration, and velocity? Perhaps mass too, but I suspect that's far beyond his cognitive abilities.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

As usual CIG puts the whales in front of everyone else.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

G0RF posted:

I'm the token Asian

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Madcosby posted:

1000 credits can be purchased at a real $1 a piece.

A bloody mary in a video game, costs $5

no, the game economy is going to be fine

There is absolutely no possible way gold farmers will exist in this game no sir.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Tippis posted:

Could someone please slap that person with the basic definitions of force, acceleration, and velocity? Perhaps mass too, but I suspect that's far beyond his cognitive abilities.

lol calm down big guy, its just space ships

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kakarot posted:

lol calm down big guy, its just space ships

No. It's anti-physics and it huuuuurts :cry:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tippis posted:

gently caress that, this guy is awesome.

To be so persistently wrong in the face of what I'm assuming must be an overwhelming tirade of people telling him he's a loving idiot is amazing.

Someone get him to explain Special Relativity next, I'd love to see what he makes of that poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tooterfish posted:

To be so persistently wrong in the face of what I'm assuming must be an overwhelming tirade of people telling him he's a loving idiot is amazing.

Someone get him to explain Special Relativity next, I'd love to see what he makes of that poo poo.

I think it's a great troll.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

BEN ON RTV: "The Javelin and Idris will be available during the livestream. There will be a couple available..."

This little tidbit was buried halfway through the livestream- but it probably the only news of note we'll get. Here's a react thread in /starcitizen and one on /starcitizen_trades that will probably get a lot of comments soon.

Will be curious to see if it's seen as good news or cause for protestation.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 11, 2015

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
He reminds me of all the people that think 1+1=2 because dividing by zero is not only allowed, but is an ingenious thing to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iceFDrhK73U

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

I'm so glad I stopped caring about these.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

tooterfish posted:

I was curious if their posting would be able to meet this description:

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 11, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

BEN ON RTV: "The Javelin and Idris will be available during the livestream. There will be a couple available..."

This little tidbit was buried halfway through the livestream- but it probably the only news of note we'll get. Here's a react thread in /starcitizen and one on /starcitizen_trades that will probably get a lot of comments soon.

Will be curious to see if it's seen as good news or cause for protestation.

Of course they will be. It's free money.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

G0RF posted:

Im the :irony: money hat

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That's gotta be you though

Right...?

E: posted in June, so I guess not. P good troll though

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 11, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sarsapariller posted:

Yeah it's a bit cringey but at least it's trying to represent all sides. Without a doubt it will be dominated by the "Gouge us more" faction but hey, we can weigh in.

how does he spell experience right in the question but not in any of the answers? did he just lift this entire poll off of something else and change a couple things to make it about SC?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol Lesnick just went on a rant against people who complain about the cutlass. something along the lines of "They are [mostly] dicks and they suck"

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

G0RF posted:

I can feel my arteries clogging just by looking at this.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

G0RF posted:

I don't think that's a diet coke...

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this whole tangent on rationalizing their moderation style is gold.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

how does he spell experience right in the question but not in any of the answers? did he just lift this entire poll off of something else and change a couple things to make it about SC?

prestiege/proficiancy

I think the poll creation team also made those badges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol Lesnick just went on a rant against people who complain about the cutlass. something along the lines of "They are [mostly] dicks and they suck"

Jared just flat out admitted that the reason the new ship subforum is being created is because some designers (like the guys doing the Constellation) don't even read the threads.

Also hold on to your butts; 2.0 is going live.

• Locked thread